The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Random Things Discussion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emma-watson.net and emmawatson.net are actually different sites with different owners. emma-watson.net is the fan site and emmwatson.net only hosts the forums. For several years, both sites cooperated and e-w.net linked to ew.net as its "official" forum. Now, e-w.net got its own forum, on the same server as the fan site.

So officially emmawatson.net was just a forum site and that's it, and e-w is the main bit we're used to with all the news and has now just got it's own proper forum.

I love how it's iPhone optimised as well. Once I get used to the colour scheme it'll be great!

Well, abandoned isn't the right word. I think it was more a case of they thought Jo was doing such a good job that it would be better to just link with her site. But I think that was back before I was a regular visitor to the forums, or the site, so I'm not sure.

I too hope these forums will be without problems and last a long time. And that people will be able to look back at how it started, their first post, etc. years from now. I'm a bit obsessive about trying to save everything. :P

I have a question to the Admins :

What do you think you have more than the forum emmawatson.net ? Because the latter was quite complete, and it's age show that it is valuable.

Your site Emma-Watson.net is great, but you now decide to work on a place that is already filled. Emma fans have their habits and you want them to change them. Do I mistake ?

Why creating this forum ? You wanted to control both sites I guess. Is there an other reason ?

I'm a bit curious, sorry :P

I have a question to the Admins :

What do you think you have more than the forum emmawatson.net ? Because the latter was quite complete, and it's age show that it is valuable.

Your site Emma-Watson.net is great, but you now decide to work on a place that is already filled. Emma fans have their habits and you want them to change them. Do I mistake ?

Why creating this forum ? You wanted to control both sites I guess. Is there an other reason ?

I'm a bit curious, sorry :P

Yes, you could say we wanted control. Control of what happens to it. On emmawatson.net we had none. We had a banner competition this past summer and the voting ended 2 months ago. The winning banner is still not put on the site because we can't do that. There is actually very little we can do there.

Yes, there is a history there, and valuable posts and memories. But everything before January 2008 when the forums were restarted is gone. And most of the topics since then are gone too, deleted. That is not how we want to run the forum.