The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Do You Ever Get Tired Of The Same Old Interviews

Each time a new HP comes out or if there's fresh news in the Emma world we get flooded with a ton of interviews both in print and on video. But they all have nearly identical information. Some are just reprints of interviews or articles appearing in other publications.

And it seems year after year during the HP premieres etc. the interviewers tend to ask the same or nearly the same questions. Regis has asked Emma if she's ever had a crush on a cast mate or dated Dan or Rupert for 10 years now. Tell me he's not going to ask that question when she goes on Regis & Kelly for the DH Pt. 2 interview.

I'd just love for interviewers (or even just one) to ask some original questions. Some probing questions that will reveal more about Emma's personality etc. Some thoughtful questions. A lot of these interviews sound as if they were written by 5th graders. Please just give something insightful. Something different.

How do you think they feel, getting asked the same questions over and over?

A lot of the print interviews are the same because the journalists were all at the same press conference or whatever, so they're all working from the same source. And of course a lot of sites just copy/paste interviews from other sites and pretend it's their own interview, some even claiming "exclusive".

That is the way it works I am afraid on most chat shows and during interviews, they ask the same questions because they are usually relevent to the film release at the time no matter how many times they have been asked. The general audience probably don't realise and we only notice it more as we are big fans.

It doesn't bother me too much, but I always like it more when an interview like the T4 one HERE comes along, something a little different.

With the series nearing an end and Emma pursuing other projects, we may start to get interviews with new questions we haven't heard before.

I cant remember which celeb said this but they said that whenever they have to do sit down interviews in a hotel and they have 10 mins with a reporter for like 4 hours. That they seriously all ask the same questions, just in a different way.

Fortunately the HP cast are very well looked after, and the HP people will have selected interviewers who wont ask questions that Dan/Emma/Rupert/Tom don't want to answer. Their questions will be looked over before they can even get into the room. Everything is regulated just so that they can have control over the media, because if they didn't it would be chaos and Emma would get questions like this asked. "How much money do you have in the bank?" and "How many boyfriends have you had" both of those questions are not related to the HP movie lol.

Regis has asked Emma if she's ever had a crush on a cast mate or dated Dan or Rupert for 10 years now. Tell me he's not going to ask that question when she goes on Regis & Kelly for the DH Pt. 2 interview.

lol of course he will :P

But that's kinda his thing now I guess, I think it's funny that he keeps asking that, he always does that so gently lol like he's whispering or something, and Emma's answer this time round was just brilliant lol

but yeah, I agree with the rest.

I cant remember which celeb said this but they said that whenever they have to do sit down interviews in a hotel and they have 10 mins with a reporter for like 4 hours. That they seriously all ask the same questions, just in a different way.

Fortunately the HP cast are very well looked after, and the HP people will have selected interviewers who wont ask questions that Dan/Emma/Rupert/Tom don't want to answer. Their questions will be looked over before they can even get into the room. Everything is regulated just so that they can have control over the media, because if they didn't it would be chaos and Emma would get questions like this asked. "How much money do you have in the bank?" and "How many boyfriends have you had" both of those questions are not related to the HP movie lol.

That goes for pretty much every star doing an interview, not just the HP stars. Many times stars or their publicist will get a look at the questions to be asked ahead of time and then neg any that they don't agree with.

I think it has more to do with too many people trying to do interviews and not many new questions being left to ask about the film. I am sure Emma finds it tiring at times as well.

Yep, Harry Potter is so huge that most TV shows, chat shows, magazines and newspapers want to be a part of it each time a new movie comes out. They only care about there own audience and this inevitably leads to a lot of repeated questions. We only notice it more because as fans we get to see and read everything. They must surely get tired of it at times, who wouldn't? But they know that it needs to be done.

The only thing that is annoying is it's just the same questions over and over and over. You can practically answer FOR them at this point. You'd think these interviewers would put in the research to get NEW information from them, people would be a lot more interested in watching/reading the interviews if they know it's not the same old same old.

What annoys me most is when a magazine or TV show will interview her and ask the readers to post questions and when out of the 2000 sent in questions they still ask the ones ALL interviewers ask! :rolleyes: (really hinting the TIME interview she did recently)

I rarely read articles these days because I know there won't be anyting interesting :P Unless it's a serious magazine like Vanity Fair or something.

What annoys me most is when a magazine or TV show will interview her and ask the readers to post questions and when out of the 2000 sent in questions they still ask the ones ALL interviewers ask! :rolleyes: (really hinting the TIME interview she did recently)

I rarely read articles these days because I know there won't be anyting interesting :P Unless it's a serious magazine like Vanity Fair or something.

I get tired of my question never reaching Emma, whether it be due to issues sending the question in(Moviefone this year), them not asking her the question, or them not even interviewing her after claiming they would(last year this happened with Moviefone). Yeah, a LOT of people are sending questions and the chances of my question being asked are slim, but the last two attempts with Moviefone were just ridiculous.

• 12 years later...