The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Mumford & Sons

I take it their name comes from Sanford and Son. Yes, I know that the lead dude's name is Mumford but as none of the other members are his sons I take it that the name is a bit tongue in cheek.

All their songs sound the same. Although some of their slow songs sound a lot like Mazzy Star.

They were definitely a breath of fresh air when they released their album earlier this year. I like how chilled out they are. Where does Emma say she likes them?

They certainly seem a little different to a lot of the bands that are out there at the moment.

Emma said that she likes them in the Buzz Magazine interview HERE

First question on the last column.. 'What music do you listen to' which Emma answers 'I like Seasick Steve, Mumford & Sons, Rihanna and Lady Gaga'.... a bit of a mix there.

I take it their name comes from Sanford and Son. Yes, I know that the lead dude's name is Mumford but as none of the other members are his sons I take it that the name is a bit tongue in cheek.

I think their name is just a play at family businesses... they sound like they could be an estate agents, or solicitors.

I definitely like their music. I'll admit, though, the first time I heard them, I thought John Popper had a side project going. Then I started picking up the accent.

John Popper, hmmm...interesting. I can see that influence.

BTW jayhawk, are of the rock chalk variety of jayhawk or does your screen name come from something else?