The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Eminem

As the topic title indicates this topic is about Eminem. He definitely is one of my favourite artists of all time and the reason why I came to love hip hop so much I have my own weekly radioshow about this sort of music. I went to a concert of him once in the Amsterdam Arena and it was truly one of the best nights of my life(except for the way back and the fact that I had to go to school the next day which meant I only had two hours of sleep). Amazing performer and I listen to his stuff probably every day.

There is some debate about whether his latest album 'Recovery' is as good as his old albums(not counting Relapse here). Although I like it I find The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP nicer to listen too. I kind of miss the The Real Slim Shady type of songs on this new one.

Anyway, if you like him, what are your favourite songs?

I'm utterly obsessed with him :P I have SO many songs of his (more than anyone else/bands on my ipod) and bought a giant new poster of him last week ^_^ I can't say how much I love his music.

~ When I'm Gone

~ Talkin' 2 myself

~ She put me in a trance

~ Mockingbird

~ Lose Yourself

~ Sing for the moment

Those are my main favourites but there are so many more!

I like how he writes about his life, his children etc, he's very inspirational.

I love this man, he is truly a genius

Every song he has made just speaks to me, the way he raps and the way his voice sounds when mixed with music just makes me love him soooo damn much. I love rap music but Eminem just is the king of it, and truly makes rap music awesome.

i have every album and half of my top 25 songs on itunes is with his music lol. There is also never a day where i dont listen to his music too.

His new album, Recovery is just amazing

I love this man, he is truly a genius

Every song he has made just speaks to me, the way he raps and the way his voice sounds when mixed with music just makes me love him soooo damn much. I love rap music but Eminem just is the king of it, and truly makes rap music awesome.

i have every album and half of my top 25 songs on itunes is with his music lol. There is also never a day where i dont listen to his music too.

His new album, Recovery is just amazing

Yes he is TRuely amazing I agree

his like the best rapper ever I think I only like him i am not into rap but I love his music

Need to post my fave songs

- Sing for the moment

- Lose yourself

- His verse in "forever" by drake

- 'till i collapse

- Cinderella man

- Wont back down

- Beautiful

- When im gone

I personally cant stand Lil wayne, so i hated the song "no love" on his new album, but as soon as Eminem's verse comes half way in he annihalates lil wayne lol. The entire verse shows lil wayne how it is done.

Eminem, he's the best hip hop artist, the best rapper since Tupac. It's nice to see a rapper who doesnt rap about money, girls, and fame, that is why i like Eminem.

My fav Eminem's songs would be

Lose Yourself

Not Afraid

Without Me

Like Toy Soldiers (R.I.P Proof)

3 Am

Running Dyin' To Live (he produced the song)

One Day at a Time and so on lol

Dont like the music, but I have great respect for the man. How he doesnt let them swear and curse inside his house.

How he isnt a stuck up vain idiot. And that he is one of the only really talented rappers around, he actually can rap rhythmically.

This is coming from a metal head so this is a big complement.

Eminem, he's the best hip hop artist, the best rapper since Tupac. It's nice to see a rapper who doesnt rap about money, girls, and fame, that is why i like Eminem.

Lose Yourself

Not Afraid

Without Me

3 Am

Yeah that is exactly why i love him, he raps about real life and his pain. Not about money, getting women etc

Thats wat rapping supposed to be.. i remember tupac once said, rappers supposed to tell people on what's happenin on the street, so people could relate to the songs. But seriously Eminem's one of the best rapper, possibly the best rapper around.

No one rap like him no more. He even shred lil wayne into pieces on the "No Love" song, the differences between true rapper and the wannabe

Lose Yourself

Not Afraid

Without Me

3 Am

yea Thats Why I like him I Think we talked about this in Chat once.. and I only like him is cause his SOngs always Tell a story

I have no idea no one likes him now :/! pretty freaking lame

Thats wat rapping supposed to be.. i remember tupac once said, rappers supposed to tell people on what's happenin on the street, so people could relate to the songs. But seriously Eminem's one of the best rapper, possibly the best rapper around.

No one rap like him no more. He even shred lil wayne into pieces on the "No Love" song, the differences between true rapper and the wannabe

haha exactly what i said, great minds think alike.

I heard No love in a club once and i groaned as soon as Lil wayne gave it his all, then i got excited at the prospect of Eminem wiping the floor with him. And oh boy did he, it sounds twice as awesome in a club, ill tell you that for nothing.

I always wondered why Eminem chose to do a duet with him, now i know why lol it was just to embarrass the poor boy.

Damnnnnn

T.Is album is online and Eminem is on one of the tracks :o

I have got to say it is incrediiiible :D

it is called, That's all she wrote by T.I Featuring Eminem.

The beat is crazy.

haha exactly what i said, great minds think alike.

I heard No love in a club once and i groaned as soon as Lil wayne gave it his all, then i got excited at the prospect of Eminem wiping the floor with him. And oh boy did he, it sounds twice as awesome in a club, ill tell you that for nothing.

I always wondered why Eminem chose to do a duet with him, now i know why lol it was just to embarrass the poor boy.

of course.. He's the man, and lil Wayne is just a little Wayne lol.. there's one more reason why Eminem duet with him, to make teach him how to rap.. I laughed when he said "where was Kanye when we need em" in his verse..

Respect..

• 4 weeks later...

Aside of Eminem and a few other rappers,that I do like today (god feel so old...) I really miss NWA,Ice Cube, 2 pac rap era. It was music that was good. Most rappers now feel like sell outs to me.

Edited by trixie

of course.. He's the man, and lil Wayne is just a little Wayne lol.. there's one more reason why Eminem duet with him, to make teach him how to rap.. I laughed when he said "where was Kanye when we need em" in his verse..

Respect..

A-men. :icontwisted8pz:

• 6 months later...

I agree with you all his true and his stuff is so awesome his my favourite artist. Even the movie 8 mile is one of my favourite movie i love his music and appreciate him.

I like all his songs but my fav. are:

Like toy soldiers

Till I collapse

We made you

Space bound

Lose yourself

Stan

Talkin' 2 myself

Mockingbird

8 Mile

Rabbit run

and many others..

I have to agree with everyone is saying. Eminem is definitely a legend. I don't like much rap, but I like Eminem because he talks about life. He doesn't have to rap about a life he doesn't live to look good. People think i'm racist when I say the only rapper I like is Eminem. I simply say what I said above. The only other raper that I think is at his level is T.I.

I don't even want to write down all the songs that I like of his :P

• 1 month later...