The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Happy Thanksgiving!

That's a rather subjective question. One person may hold thanksgiving in a higher regard than christmas and another might not. Generally I'd argue that christmas is still the dominant holiday but thanksgiving is quite fun as well.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Just a question:- how important do Americans considering Thanksgiving relative to Christmas?

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

Good question. I think there is a general anticipation and excitement when Thanksgiving rolls around, as it signifies the kick-off of the holiday season here in the States. They are both very important to us. I guess it's primarly about food and family.

I have personally taken to liking Thanksgiving a little more than Christmas. It's more jovial for me I guess. -shrug-

:D

Thanks for the well-wishes! Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!! Have a happy and safe holiday, and I hope you enjoy it with people you enjoy and care about the most.

For those who do not celebrate: have a happy and safe day, and enjoy it with people you enjoy and care about most! ;)

Edited by K.Lo

Just a question:- how important do Americans considering Thanksgiving relative to Christmas?

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a good questions and like others have said it's a very subjective question. It really depends on the person. To my family it's a time to spend together to remind us all of what we are lucky enough to have in life. And as a country Thanksgiving is an important part of our history. I think that when it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas they're tied for me.

I suppose that it is subjective like most things are. I know a lady that her favorite holiday is Halloween. But for the most part Christmas is considered the bigger holiday and there is much more build up to it.