The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Buffy The Vampire Slayer & Angel

Vampires seem to have made a bit of a big comeback in recent years with the Twilight saga and series like True Blood.

But for me nothing beats these two classic programmes... Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it's spin off Angel. I have watched a few old episodes recently and it has all come flooding back (except for the filming quality - how times have changed!).

I was a similar age to the main the characters at the time so I could relate to a lot of the issues they had going on. Buffy was the first programme where I really started to fall in love with all things fantasy and sci fi which inevitably led me to HP.

It was also the series that introduced me to it's creator Joss Whedon and I have loved almost everything he has done since.

Anyone else a fan of these two series?

• 2 months later...

How is this topic not alive? :blink: I can't find the words to describe how much Buffy means to me. I started watching it when I was 12/13 (the last season was airing in the US at the time) and I fell in love immediately. I've grown up loving this show to bits. Buffy is an awesome and incredibly inspiring role model, I know she has always been mine. :) (and Sarah Michelle Gellar is so hot)

I've never actually watched Angel, or read the comic book that continues the series because I felt the show is so great in itself, I don't want to ruin my perfect image of it.

I finally own all the seasons on DVD too so I re-watched all the seasons last year. No show or movie makes me cry and laugh so much as Buffy!

• 3 weeks later...

I love Buffy, it's amazing. I brought myself up on that and the X files lol.

I never actually watched Angel but I wish I had, I've seen one or two and its def something I woul cv watch now.