The Emma-Watson.net Forum

My Week with Marilyn

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ITA.

But after seeing her solid performance in DH1, TBH I'm not satisfied with such a small role any more LOL. I hope she could get some bigger roles(like, an important supporting role) ASAP which could show her real talent :yesyes:

The bigger roles will come in the future but for right now this is perfect for her. She doesn't have to carry the movie herself, it's a small enough role that she could just bang it out and get back to school and it's a bit of a rest for her as it's not as intense as HP.

I'm just guessing here but I'd put the over/under for her total screen time in this movie at about 10 minutes. Not a lot.

she doesn't need to carry the movie herself if it's a bigger supporting role either. At least not all by herself.

I don't think her minutes in this film will be more than 10 minutes.

It won't satisfy me LOL so that's the reason why I wish she would confirm the role as Sam in POBAWF so much.

Edited by shiningmoment

for right now, she'll do small roles so that people get use to her playing other roles & forget that she played on character for 10 years. It's smart to start from the begining besides she has 2 1/2 more years of uni, so she has to think about that once she is done & casting directors have seen that she is a good actress, then she will take on the lead role & she will not get typecast & will show that she can really act.

for right now, she'll do small roles so that people get use to her playing other roles & forget that she played on character for 10 years. It's smart to start from the begining besides she has 2 1/2 more years of uni, so she has to think about that once she is done & casting directors have seen that she is a good actress, then she will take on the lead role & she will not get typecast & will show that she can really act.

I agree with you, that going for supporting roles is a good strategy. First of all, it won't interfere too much with her studies and it will also give her the opportunity to be rather versatile in her choices, to work with different directors and co-actors/actresses... I think it's really cool that Emma's taking on smaller, more "indie" projects, and that she's not playing it safe by starring in an umpteeth romcom.

I seriously cannot wait for this movie. Emma Watson + Michelle Williams = this cannot go wrong.

Emma Watson with Eddie Redmayne in My Week With Marilyn

The film’s based on a memoir by Colin Clark, who was Laurence Olivier’s assistant on the movie and who, during an intense period of filming, became Marilyn Monroe’s confidant.

But he flirted with Lucy as much as possible in between takes. Clark described Lucy as ‘one of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen in my life… slim as a wand, curly brown hair, huge brown eyes and a wide cheeky grin.’

Found via fyeaheddieredmayne. Also an article.

Edited by lavieenrose

Emma looks very 50ish in this still lol.

Glad to see the studio boss and director both have good to say about her. Emma is just fledging as a real actress, I'm sure with her hard working on acting(we all see her improvement in DH1), her looks and already huge popularity, she will have a great career in future.

Some sites are claiming that the movie will be out in January 2011, but I don't think there's been an official announcement. I'd be surprised if it came out that early as the trailer hasn't even been released yet.

Some sites are claiming that the movie will be out in January 2011, but I don't think there's been an official announcement. I'd be surprised if it came out that early as the trailer hasn't even been released yet.

Hmm that would be strange indeed...really looking forward to seeing the trailer though! :)

Well I was born in January, so a new movie with Emma coming out during that month would be appropriate and would be a great birthday present. :P. But I personally doubt it since I haven't heard of a feature film being released within two months of it wrapping up filming.