The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma - "I'Ve Been In Love Once"

She said she wasn't going to tell us who because that wouldn't be fair to the others. That's completely understandable and totally Emma. But that doesn't keep us from speculating.

The obvious answer would be Jay Barrymore since they were together for like 2 years and it looked as if they might get married. But I don't think so. I think he was a safe bet for her but he really didn't really melt Emma's heart. I think she tried hard to love him and make it work with him but as I understand it they were kind of on-again/off-again and this may be the reason why.

No, I think it may have been a short lived relationship. One that burned twice as bright but half as long. It could be someone we've never even heard of or knew she dated.

So who was it?

Thoughts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think it was Jay Barrymore also. There are tons of pictures of them kissing and being spotted together. With all the rumours about George Craig and Rafael is all false allegations. The reason why I think Emma Watson broke up with Jay Barrymore is because of Emma Watson's dreams and hopes. They both had different dreams which led Emma Watson at Brown University. She wanted to get an education and being a thousand miles away from Jay Barrymore, the gap was too much so Emma Watson wanted to end the relationship for Jay Barrymore's sake and Emma Watson. Jay Barrymore would have to constantly fly in to Brown to see her and Emma Watson would hardly see Jay. I think overall Emma Watson made the best decision not only for her but also for Jay Barrymore.

Hey!

Why are you trying to find out? :0_0:

If she wanted us to know anything more about that she would say it...

Lets not google ( :lostit: ) her personal life and feeling more than she want...it really doesn't make her happy...

<_<

Hey!

Why are you trying to find out? :0_0:

If she wanted us to know anything more about that she would say it...

Lets not google ( :lostit: ) her personal life and feeling more than she want...it really doesn't make her happy...

<_<

Calm it down Winder.

Did I say I was trying to find out or googling it? NO! I said let's speculate. It was just a subject for discussion. Something for fun. Kinda like "what would you do if you had Bill Gates' money?" Purely hypothetical but fun for discussion anyway.

I got an idea. How bout I buy you some reading comprehension lessons for Christmas. Maybe that way you wouldn't jump to conclusions before actually reading and you could get off my d**k.

Calm it down Winder.

Did I say I was trying to find out or googling it? NO! I said let's speculate. It was just a subject for discussion. Something for fun. Kinda like "what would you do if you had Bill Gates' money?" Purely hypothetical but fun for discussion anyway.

I got an idea. How bout I buy you some reading comprehension lessons for Christmas. Maybe that way you wouldn't jump to conclusions before actually reading and you could get off my d**k.

When we started this forum, we decided that we would be a bit more lenient on what words could be used.

However, "Language used in a disrespectful or abusive manner will not be tolerated on the forum"

I suggest you tone it down a bit.

When we started this forum, we decided that we would be a bit more lenient on what words could be used.

However, "Language used in a disrespectful or abusive manner will not be tolerated on the forum"

I suggest you tone it down a bit.

Understood. It's just aggravating when someone jumps all over me for something that I have not done. If they'd just read my op they'd realize I wasn't attempting to intrude in her personal life or trying to get her personal information. I was just bringing an interesting topic up for conversation.

Understood. It's just aggravating when someone jumps all over me for something that I have not done. If they'd just read my op they'd realize I wasn't attempting to intrude in her personal life or trying to get her personal information. I was just bringing an interesting topic up for conversation.

The interesting topic does bring up her personal life and personal information am I correct? Even if you meant it with good intentions it still intrudes her personal life.

Chesong,

I agree. I do have to say, this topic has peaked my interest. However, if I were in Emma's position, would I like to have people speculate how many boyfriends I've had or truly loved? I wouldn't. It's intrusive.

Lavieenrose, Jay Barrymore is, as I understand, a British financier. But that's about all I know.

-shrug-

Edited by K.Lo

Chesong,

I agree. I do have to say, this topic has peaked my interest. However, if I were in Emma's position, would I like to have people speculate how many boyfriends I've had or truly loved? I wouldn't. It's intrusive.

Lavieenrose, Jay Barrymore is, as I understand, a British financier. But that's about all I know.

-shrug-

I think it's best if we just left her alone instead of trying to search through online about Jay Barrymore and her past love relationship. If Emma wanted us to know she would of told us. Emma already said there is nothing between her and George but people keep insisting that they are boyfriend/girlfriend just because they are seen together at Glastonbury and Emma's been in One Night Only's music video. Why can't Emma have "Guy"Friends? Every time Emma is spotted with a boy, paparazzi's go over and tabloids start making rumours.I'm just happy Emma Watson doesn't have a boyfriend right now cause no one would be able to meet her expectations? That's all I have to say.

I think it's best if we just left her alone instead of trying to search through online about Jay Barrymore and her past love relationship. If Emma wanted us to know she would of told us. Emma already said there is nothing between her and George but people keep insisting that they are boyfriend/girlfriend just because they are seen together at Glastonbury and Emma's been in One Night Only's music video. Why can't Emma have "Guy"Friends? Every time Emma is spotted with a boy, paparazzi's go over and tabloids start making rumours.I'm just happy Emma Watson doesn't have a boyfriend right now cause no one would be able to meet her expectations? That's all I have to say.

I never condoned searching online about her past relationships. But I think lavieenrose's question was just wondering who he is not wanting any in depth down and dirty info. Kinda like if you're discussing politics and someone says "Who's this Nancy Pelosi chick?"

And yes, it does bring up her personal life but so do most the topics on here. Hey, it's not like I'm knocking on her door and asking her if she's happy with her long distance service. There's thousands of conversations that go on about Emma on the Web everyday that she doesn't even know about or care to know about.

I wasn't asking anybody to do any research and find dirt on Emma or her supposed beaus. I was just wanting people's opinions and for them to back up their opinions on why they thought that this person or that person was the one that Emma was talking about. It really was just an innocent question. I don't want to know any "dirt" on Emma and would ask that everyone just answer the question in the op that was asked and keep the conversation above board.

I never condoned searching online about her past relationships. But I think lavieenrose's question was just wondering who he is not wanting any in depth down and dirty info. Kinda like if you're discussing politics and someone says "Who's this Nancy Pelosi chick?"

And yes, it does bring up her personal life but so do most the topics on here. Hey, it's not like I'm knocking on her door and asking her if she's happy with her long distance service. There's thousands of conversations that go on about Emma on the Web everyday that she doesn't even know about or care to know about.

I wasn't asking anybody to do any research and find dirt on Emma or her supposed beaus. I was just wanting people's opinions and for them to back up their opinions on why they thought that this person or that person was the one that Emma was talking about. It really was just an innocent question. I don't want to know any "dirt" on Emma and would ask that everyone just answer the question in the op that was asked and keep the conversation above board.

You wanted our opinion and we gave you opinion. Stop trying to bring other topics in here. Could you find me some involving her personal life?

You wanted our opinion and we gave you opinion. Stop trying to bring other topics in here. Could you find me some involving her personal life?

Maybe I should be more clear. I wanted opinions on who people thought Emma was talking about. If you don't like this thread then feel free to visit some of the other threads on this board.

And BTW, thanks for threadjacking this discussion for me.

Now, back on topic...

Maybe I should be more clear. I wanted opinions on who people thought Emma was talking about. If you don't like this thread then feel free to visit some of the other threads on this board.

Now, back on topic...

You wanted opinions on who people thought Emma was talking about. When you provide no link of when she said that. It's not like I don't like your thread, I feel like most of your thread is useless. You posted Emma on Letterman with no video just talking about how horrible her American Accent was. About Thanks giving what Emma does. We could go on years talking about what Emma Watson eats. I don't want to see the Emma Watson forum to be overfilled with spam.

You wanted opinions on who people thought Emma was talking about. When you provide no link of when she said that. It's not like I don't like your thread, I feel like most of your thread is useless. You posted Emma on Letterman with no video just talking about how horrible her American Accent was. About Thanks giving what Emma does. We could go on years talking about what Emma Watson eats. I don't want to see the Emma Watson forum to be overfilled with spam.

Listen if you think the thread is useless then go to another thread. For instance, I'm non a Rupert/Emma shipper so I don't go on that thread. Plus, I didn't realize we had to back up everything we post with a link. As for the Letterman interview, I was sure everyone knew how to find it so no need to take up extra bandwidth by posting it. And I didn't say her accent was horrible just said it needed work - merely and observation.

You tend to jump to conclusions an awful lot. Are you intentionally being obtuse or is it purely accidental?

Again, if you don't like my posts, then stay away from them. There's plenty of others on this board for you to read with out picking mine out just so you can lambaste them. It seems a lot of people on here enjoy my threads so maybe it's just you.

If you're going to speculate on something, it would probably help if you knew more about it. We know very little about Emma's relationships and the tabloids are garbage(it's on/off one day and then he's already proposed the following day. Then there is the factor of them claiming that she's dating every single guy she stands next to that isn't blood related). Basically, they know nothing except what they see in pictures, which is what they usually base their articles on. Emma has only mentioned that she's been in two long-term relationships so far in her life(she didn't mention any names. She also didn't mention any names when she confirmed she was in a relationship last year, even with pictures confirming who it was.) and that she went on a few dates(again, no names mentioned) The only guys she mentions by name are the ones that were falsely linked to her. That's pretty much it.

Either way she will probably never say who it was and she's moved on from it. She'll fall in love again someday and will probably have better success when it happens.

*walks into topic, with a chair, sets it down, grabs some popcorn*

Now, back on topic...

AWWW it was starting to get good!! :(

Listen if you think the thread is useless then go to another thread. For instance, I'm non a Rupert/Emma shipper so I don't go on that thread. Plus, I didn't realize we had to back up everything we post with a link. As for the Letterman interview, I was sure everyone knew how to find it so no need to take up extra bandwidth by posting it. And I didn't say her accent was horrible just said it needed work - merely and observation.

You tend to jump to conclusions an awful lot. Are you intentionally being obtuse or is it purely accidental?

Again, if you don't like my posts, then stay away from them. There's plenty of others on this board for you to read with out picking mine out just so you can lambaste them. It seems a lot of people on here enjoy my threads so maybe it's just you.

Honestly, I don't want to debate about this topic anymore. You already lost your marriage (http://forum.emma-watson.net/index.php?/topic/434-ive-been-holding-it-in/page__p__13453__fromsearch__1#entry13453) You can't afford to lose anything else.

*walks into topic, with a chair, sets it down, grabs some popcorn*

AWWW it was starting to get good!! :(

:lol: Thanks for breaking the tension. I have to admit, that was good.

If you're going to speculate on something, it would probably help if you knew more about it. We know very little about Emma's relationships and the tabloids are garbage(it's on/off one day and then he's already proposed the following day. Then there is the factor of them claiming that she's dating every single guy she stands next to that isn't blood related). Basically, they know nothing except what they see in pictures, which is what they usually base their articles on. Emma has only mentioned that she's been in two long-term relationships so far in her life(she didn't mention any names. She also didn't mention any names when she confirmed she was in a relationship last year, even with pictures confirming who it was.) and that she went on a few dates(again, no names mentioned) The only guys she mentions by name are the ones that were falsely linked to her. That's pretty much it.

Either way she will probably never say who it was and she's moved on from it. She'll fall in love again someday and will probably have better success when it happens.

You're right, we don't know anything about it. That's why I'm asking people to speculate. I'm not looking to start any rumors. But if you, or anyone else, had to make a guess as to who it was that she was in love with once, what would your guess be? It's like who shot John Kennedy or who was Jack the Ripper. We'll probably never know the truth but it's always interesting to speculate.

I also, think that you're right in that she will never tell and has moved on from it. It doesn't seem to be slowing her down any. I appreciate your insightful thoughts.

So you put the onus on me by saying meh, it was heated argument. I thought it was neither heated nor an argument. I was just trying to help you see that I was not doing what you were accusing me of doing. But what you've said was beyond the pale.

The Dude and Chesong if your argument continues past this post both of you will be warned. This isn't a place for petty squabbles. If you have differences I suggest you ignore each other.