The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma - "I'Ve Been In Love Once"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would be the first to agree that some people go to far to interfere in peoples private lives, I also think it's absurd to get on somebody for speculating about something that Emma talked about in a public medium.

Let's face it, actors get paid a ridiculous amount of money to play make believe. They get perks you or I would never get. They get all of this by being a public figure. This is their choice. And all choices have consequences. One of those is at least some lack of privacy. Could any of us go to a store and have them shut it down so we can shop by ourselves? Could we go to busy restaurant without a reservation and just expect a table? Would any of us expect to get tens of thousands of dollars of free merchandise just for showing up somewhere? No. You're here on a celebrity forum, so you're interested in her life even if you say otherwise. I'm not saying this to start fights, or be disagreeable. I'm just trying to throw a dose of reality in.

While I would be the first to agree that some people go to far to interfere in peoples private lives, I also think it's absurd to get on somebody for speculating about something that Emma talked about in a public medium.

Let's face it, actors get paid a ridiculous amount of money to play make believe. They get perks you or I would never get. They get all of this by being a public figure. This is their choice. And all choices have consequences. One of those is at least some lack of privacy. Could any of us go to a store and have them shut it down so we can shop by ourselves? Could we go to busy restaurant without a reservation and just expect a table? Would any of us expect to get tens of thousands of dollars of free merchandise just for showing up somewhere? No. You're here on a celebrity forum, so you're interested in her life even if you say otherwise. I'm not saying this to start fights, or be disagreeable. I'm just trying to throw a dose of reality in.

Agree completely.

You mention a lot of the perks that go along with being famous. This has always been pet peeve of mine. These actors get all these perks that the normal person doesn't but then they complain about doing their job. I don't think the Potter people have ever done this but I have seen other actors do it. They complain about how long they have to spend in make up or about shooting in the cold or being uncomfortable or getting hurt doing a stunt etc. The thing is there getting paid tons of money to pretend to be somebody else. And then when that role is over they complain about not being able to get other work. You just can't please some people. They're getting paid to do something that the majority of people would pay to do and yet they're complaining.

I think about guys such as road construction workers when I drive by in my comfortable vehicle. These guys are out there in the elements when it's 26 degrees (-3.3 celsius) with the wind chill making it feel like 14 degrees (-10) and they're out there working their butts off for very little pay. And they're not complaining about it because they're glad to have a job. And then these guys are back at it when it's hot and 105 degrees (40.5) and they're still not complaining.

I don't recall reading any articles about other rich people who complain about their lot in life. I never heard Bill Gates (who has got retarded money - at least before he retired and started giving it away) complain about having to go to work or work long hard hours trying to get a product to market. No, this seems to be a characteristic reserved for the acting community.

It just seems very ungrateful of them. You're getting paid a LOT to play pretend. Stop whining, man up and do your job. And here me now, I'm not saying this about any of the HP actors. I want to make that clear.

Getting back to the topic, I have a feeling it was a boy called Tom Ducker who apparently she dated when she was younger for about 2 years. I don't know if its true, and I can't be bothered looking, but apparently he went to the OOTP Paris photocall and can be seen in some of the pics. It could have been Jay though :)

...It just seems very ungrateful of them. You're getting paid a LOT to play pretend. Stop whining, man up and do your job. And here me now, I'm not saying this about any of the HP actors. I want to make that clear.

I have noticed that celebrity actors get paid loads of money to "play pretend"--amounts that make my head spin. It's truly mind-boggling to listen to these numbers.

However, look at the value that the majority of us, as a society, apply to these people. Actors and movies are an entertainment for us, and occasionally we get a whole franchise that completely envelopes us emotionally and grabs us. The importance that we place these actors in relation to our lives shows that we give them a high priority. And when I refer to we, I refer generally (to a majority collection).

It's no wonder why these people get paid so much. I am constantly seeing people in supermarkets buy magazines like People, Star, and US each week, interested in the lives of these celebrities.

Although I don't necessarily agree with (on matter of principle) speculating on, for instance, who Emma truly loved, etc., it peaks an interest because there is something weird and intriguing about how a person lives their life (especially when that person is accomplished and has money). We're, in a way, attracted to success and it's natural to figure out what steps a person has taken to get to that stage.

As for complaining about jobs: Dook is right, Emma has mentioned how she, at one point, was nearly in tears because of how cold and wet it was when doing a long shoot (sorry I cannot provide a link, cannot recall which interview it was...).

I have had the equivalent to entry-level jobs for the past three years, and I know I have gotten absolutely sick of each one of them. Even though I make more pay now than I ever have, I am pretty sure my relatives are pretty tired of me complaining about how I dislike my jobs. People have called me ungrateful, among other things, pointing out the state of the jobmarket and economy.

But if you put 100% into your work and make sure it's done right and "man up and do your job", shouldn't you be entitled to a bit of complaining?

Just sayin'. ;)

You guys have taken it a bit further than I was. My comments were aimed at the people who keep screaming "protect (insert famous person here)'s privacy." Not at the actors themselves. And it was twofold. I think it's ludicrous for someone who makes such a good living by doing things in the public eye, to expect the same level of privacy as someone who doesn't. I also find the hypocrisy of the same fans hilarious. They yell at others for discussing something about a person's private life, even though that person brought it up in a public medium. Then they come on these forums and dissect that persons life. It's just funny to me.

You guys have taken it a bit further than I was. My comments were aimed at the people who keep screaming "protect (insert famous person here)'s privacy." Not at the actors themselves. And it was twofold. I think it's ludicrous for someone who makes such a good living by doing things in the public eye, to expect the same level of privacy as someone who doesn't. I also find the hypocrisy of the same fans hilarious. They yell at others for discussing something about a person's private life, even though that person brought it up in a public medium. Then they come on these forums and dissect that persons life. It's just funny to me.

It's a kettle calling the pot black kind of thing. I agree with you.

Emma just had two long-term relationships so far. At least they're somewhat 'public' for us to know. One is with Tom Ducker, the guy who went to OOTP Paris photocall with Emma and the other is with Jay. So the choice is rather limited LOL.

As far as choosing from those that she was actually ever confirmed dating, yeah, there's not much to choose from. But some of the guys she's been seen with that she said she wasn't dating maybe she really was dating. Happens all the time. Or it could be someone we've never heard of like the guy she dated at college that apparently didn't know who she was (although I doubt it was him, I'm just making a point here.)

This Tom Drucker or Ducker or whatever guy might be a good guess.

I highly doubt she's thinking about the collage guy when she said it. She had very light tone about that guy which I don't think people will use on someone they loved actually.

From these two guyes, my vote goes to Tom Ducker. They had so much highs and lows in their two years more relationship whichI think can't be forgotten easily.

I highly doubt she's thinking about the collage guy when she said it. She had very light tone about that guy which I don't think people will use on someone they loved actually.

From these two guyes, my vote goes to Tom Ducker. They had so much highs and lows in their two years more relationship whichI think can't be forgotten easily.

I'm with you, I doubt it was the guy from college. I was just using that to make a point that it could be someone that we've never even heard of.

I still think something happen with dan radcliffe, I think the studio didn't want a relationship with these two since it would ruined the illusion of the harry potter pairings.

the way she looks at him even now is like longing.

maybe its crazy or wishful thinking on my part

I still think something happen with dan radcliffe, I think the studio didn't want a relationship with these two since it would ruined the illusion of the harry potter pairings.

the way she looks at him even now is like longing.

maybe its crazy or wishful thinking on my part

I think it's just wishful thinking. Emma only sees them as friends.

I don't care if actors "complain" it makes them more relatable to me. It's boring reading an interview where anyone talks about how wonderful and perfect everything is... Sometimes, it isn't. Emma, Dan, and Rupert have been candid, and that's cool with me.

In terms of money, their job brings in billions of dollars in revenue, they deserve a piece of that pie, and they earn every dollar they get. My job doesn't, and I still complain sometimes. It's a release. :)

As far as Emma being in love, my take is that she is young...She has plenty of time. :yesyes:

Edited by stinka

I doubt Emma has more-than-freinds feeling towards Dan or Rupert or any other boys on the set. Even Tom Felton, who she confirmed had a crush on, was a long time ago story. I don't think she had serious love feeling towards him. Let alone others.

Anyway, since none of us know Emma personally, all we can do is guessing from the info she let us know LOL. So that limited to Tom Ducker and Jay Barrymore. Other speculations are just so baseless and useless IMO.

Then I don't think she will decide her love too soon. She just said in recent interviews that she's single, she needs time to have fun. Like stinka said, she's young, she has lots of time to wait for her final Mr. Right. :yesyes:

I believe that it was Ducker. Sad but true. You never forget your first love. The reason I say this is because of the look on Emma's face in pics of her with Tom. She looks at him with "Love" in her eyes in every pic. With Jay...she looks at him with happiness, admiration, and annoyance. Though with Tom in every pic you can see ..Love...in her eyes when she looked at him. It's sad that he was too young to realize what he had at the time. I'm sure it'll happen again for her in the future and this time with a man who's mature enough to know what he has. It'll probably be a normal guy but just in case she decides to date famous men in the future... here's my list of nice, cute men.

1) Taylor Lautner 7) Nick Jonas

2) Logan Lerman 8) Joseph Levitt

3) Tom Welling 9) Cillian Murphy

4) Ian Somerholder 10) Gerges St. Pierre

5) James Franco 11) Zach Effron (If becomes single)

6) Liam Hemsworth 12) Robert Pattinson (If becomes single)

I believe that it was Ducker. Sad but true. You never forget your first love. The reason I say this is because of the look on Emma's face in pics of her with Tom. She looks at him with "Love" in her eyes in every pic. With Jay...she looks at him with happiness, admiration, and annoyance. Though with Tom in every pic you can see ..Love...in her eyes when she looked at him. It's sad that he was too young to realize what he had at the time. I'm sure it'll happen again for her in the future and this time with a man who's mature enough to know what he has. It'll probably be a normal guy but just in case she decides to date famous men in the future... here's my list of nice, cute men.

1) Taylor Lautner 7) Nick Jonas

2) Logan Lerman 8) Joseph Levitt

3) Tom Welling 9) Cillian Murphy

4) Ian Somerholder 10) Gerges St. Pierre

5) James Franco 11) Zach Effron (If becomes single)

6) Liam Hemsworth 12) Robert Pattinson (If becomes single)

I am thinking Rupert Grint or Tom Dukka....i put my money on Tom Dukka.

^^That's kinda who I thought it was. I just hope he didn't ruin her on love because he jerked her around and basically acted like a douche. When girls get hurt like this on their first love they tend to put up walls and not put their heart out there anymore.

• 2 weeks later...