The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Would You Cut Your Hair Like Emmas New Look?

I cut my hair quite short long before Emma and last time I went I cut it a bit shorter (a tiny bit longer than Emma). I love it short! It was hilarious that the hairdresser was more shocked than I was. (I wasn't shocked at all, I knew what I wanted.) But she just kept saying "I've never had my hair so short. This feels weird." xD

I think it's great for Emma to inspire girls/women to cut their hair short, to give them courage. I'm not saying that everyone should do it, long hair's also gorgeous, but for people who keep their hair long only because they think that's what the majory likes, Emma's inspiration's great.

And yes, I've had a few "Is your 'do inspired by Emma?' questions after she cut her hair. xD

Edited by azileea

I cut my hair quite short long before Emma and last time I went I cut it a bit shorter (a tiny bit longer than Emma). I love it short! It was hilarious that the hairdresser was more shocked than I was. (I wasn't shocked at all, I knew what I wanted.) But she just kept saying "I've never had my hair so short. This feels weird." xD

I think it's great for Emma to inspire girls/women to cut their hair short, to give them courage. I'm not saying that everyone should do it, long hair's also gorgeous, but for people who keep their hair long only because they think that's what the majory likes, Emma's inspiration's great.

And yes, I've had a few "Is your 'do inspired by Emma?' questions after she cut her hair. xD

Thank you guys for the replays;)) it makes me stronger to cut my hair short ...:) i think many of my friends gonna die when they meet me for the first time with my new hair..:-|

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I did it back in April, LOVED it at first but then i think the shock of it hit me. Now my hair is the same length as Emmas but i am thinking of cutting short again. Maybe not AS short but we shall see lol. I think its a brilliant thing to do and everyone should do it at least once!

• 3 weeks later...

Defiantly, I almost had mine cut that short months ago. It's growing back though :( But I love her new hair, always have since I first saw it. It fits her perfectly and it adorable!! I love seeing women with short hair. I will def. want mine as short as she has it someday soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with Emma's short hair :P I absolutely loved it when it was long, but when she chopped it all of if definitely took some getting used to.

To answer your question: No, I wouldn't cut my hair like Emma's :P I love the long hair look. So I want to grow my hair out even more and then dye my tips. Haha, I love that look :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

of course :ohyeah: but my mom won't let me :sob: the fun just ended

I love the style on emma, now though I didn't to begin with. :0_0: If I had anything remotely in common with her appearance and shape of her head and all that, then yes I would have a go at copying it ;) . But I don't :mad:

Well I think she's perfect the way she was and now

• 11 months later...

Been there, done that. :] I really love the pixie and the bob, they're both just very liberating and saves you a lot of time from styling it. Then again my ultra-feminine prefers longer hair--you get to do so many things with it (curl, ponytail, etc.)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Honestly, when I saw the first picture of her with short hair, it was on emmawatson.net and I hated it.

I discovered later that actually, I hated the picture, and I loved her hair cut ! (As you can see on my avatar  :yesyes: )

I love and admire women that have short hair but still manage to be feminine. I fell it's empowering.

That's why i often though of doing it myself, because I envy those women who do it. But I'm not courageous enough and I like my long hair, so not for now !  

I'm seriously considering getting my hair cut off. Same reason as Emma too. I'm in a new stage of my life and I want to do something different and I want a bit of a change.

I have straight, thick, brown hair. And though it's soft and fluffy and people like running their fingers through it, it's really high maintenance and sometimes I just don't have the patience for it. I've talked to my friends about getting it cut for quite a long time and they either say "YEAH! Do it!" or "No don't! You're hair is too majestic!" 

I have my high school commencement ceremony in November, and I promised my friends that I would keep my fluffy locks for that and do loose curls with it, because that's the way they like it. After that, I'll look into what I can do. I don't know if I can pull it off, but we'll see what my hairdresser says. My biggest fear is looking like a guy!

My hair grows fairly quickly, so if I like my older look, it's not like I'll have to wait a long time for it to come back.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...