Photo

Would You Cut Your Hair Like Emmas New Look?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

maybe you dan upload a pic?? =) i´ve made a makeover with emmas haircut on me:
Posted Image

A shade darker would be good; but why wear it "down" like that? Even Emma looks a lot better if she wears it "up" with more volume to it, like she did for that stylist photoshoot.

#22 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

As soon as she did it I started asking myself whether I should do it or not... the reason I'm not doing it is because I doubt my face and head shape is right for such short hair! But I'm still considering other short options because Emma has never look as good as she does now, it's incredible what a haircut can do B)

#23 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

A shade darker would be good; but why wear it "down" like that? Even Emma looks a lot better if she wears it "up" with more volume to it, like she did for that stylist photoshoot.

Agreed.

#24 jayhawk

jayhawk

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

That's the great thing about being a guy. We don't have to worry about the emotional and psychological ramifications of our hair style. My choice is entirely about maintenance (shaved bald). It's hair. Go for it. For most of us it will grow back if you don't like it.
Mankind can be counted on to assert, with vigor, it's God given right to be stupid.

#25 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

That's the great thing about being a guy. We don't have to worry about the emotional and psychological ramifications of our hair style. My choice is entirely about maintenance (shaved bald). It's hair. Go for it. For most of us it will grow back if you don't like it.

I'm the same way jayhawk. I had long hair (shoulder length) for a few years and then cut it. Then it got shorter and shorter until I started shaving it bald. Now I'm letting it grow out a little into a more normal hair style and have shaved my goatee. I think I look more approachable now. I guess I used to look like a biker or something because people tended to be afraid of me. Some people after they got to know me told me that I really intimidated them when they first met me. Clerks in stores were always like "yes sir, no sir" to me and were very apologetic and my wife said she thought it was because they were afraid of me.

Sorry, didn't mean to take this thread off topic.

#26 azileea

azileea

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

I cut my hair quite short long before Emma and last time I went I cut it a bit shorter (a tiny bit longer than Emma). I love it short! It was hilarious that the hairdresser was more shocked than I was. (I wasn't shocked at all, I knew what I wanted.) But she just kept saying "I've never had my hair so short. This feels weird." xD

I think it's great for Emma to inspire girls/women to cut their hair short, to give them courage. I'm not saying that everyone should do it, long hair's also gorgeous, but for people who keep their hair long only because they think that's what the majory likes, Emma's inspiration's great.

And yes, I've had a few "Is your 'do inspired by Emma?' questions after she cut her hair. xD

Edited by azileea, 29 November 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#27 nicivelvet89

nicivelvet89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

I cut my hair quite short long before Emma and last time I went I cut it a bit shorter (a tiny bit longer than Emma). I love it short! It was hilarious that the hairdresser was more shocked than I was. (I wasn't shocked at all, I knew what I wanted.) But she just kept saying "I've never had my hair so short. This feels weird." xD

I think it's great for Emma to inspire girls/women to cut their hair short, to give them courage. I'm not saying that everyone should do it, long hair's also gorgeous, but for people who keep their hair long only because they think that's what the majory likes, Emma's inspiration's great.

And yes, I've had a few "Is your 'do inspired by Emma?' questions after she cut her hair. xD

Thank you guys for the replays;)) it makes me stronger to cut my hair short ...:) i think many of my friends gonna die when they meet me for the first time with my new hair..:-|

#28 ferrati

ferrati

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

So, i am a boy.. i like her hair but for a boy it isnt a ahir style.
But if i am a girl, maybe i whoud wear hair like she.

#29 Lilly-Rose

Lilly-Rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:01 AM

I did it back in April, LOVED it at first but then i think the shock of it hit me. Now my hair is the same length as Emmas but i am thinking of cutting short again. Maybe not AS short but we shall see lol. I think its a brilliant thing to do and everyone should do it at least once!

#30 Stacy7

Stacy7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Attleboro, Massachusetts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:29 AM

I would totally cut my hair like that if i had the face shape for it :)

#31 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

Defiantly, I almost had mine cut that short months ago. It's growing back though :( But I love her new hair, always have since I first saw it. It fits her perfectly and it adorable!! I love seeing women with short hair. I will def. want mine as short as she has it someday soon. :)
Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#32 mischief.managed

mischief.managed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Mood::It's obnoxious to complain, so I can't complain!
  • LocationMt. Crumpet (or Kutztown, PA)

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

I have the same face shape as Emma and although the cut looks great on her, I would never do it xD I LOVE having long hair :)

you don't have to feel safe
Posted Image
to feel unafraid . . .

"And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony." - Colossians 3:14

. . .
jade is my sister | joe is my husband | alp is my pet llama
you can call me sammy

my photography blog

#33 Zainab

Zainab

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

for me, long hair rules!!
as well as for emma! :P

tumblr_lmxfordnke1qe36eno1_500.jpg

#34 I.SetFire2TheRain

I.SetFire2TheRain

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Mood::Happy
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with Emma's short hair :P I absolutely loved it when it was long, but when she chopped it all of if definitely took some getting used to.

To answer your question: No, I wouldn't cut my hair like Emma's :P I love the long hair look. So I want to grow my hair out even more and then dye my tips. Haha, I love that look :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
I used to be broken.wings

my blog
my fashion blog

I am Gaithrir92 on instagram. Please follow me <3

#35 blousey

blousey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

I love the style on emma, now though I didn't to begin with. :0_0: If I had anything remotely in common with her appearance and shape of her head and all that, then yes I would have a go at copying it ;) . But I don't :mad:

#36 jaybell

jaybell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Mood::always happy

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

of course :ohyeah: but my mom won't let me :sob: the fun just ended

I love the style on emma, now though I didn't to begin with. :0_0: If I had anything remotely in common with her appearance and shape of her head and all that, then yes I would have a go at copying it ;) . But I don't :mad:

Well I think she's perfect the way she was and now

#37 Junkie.

Junkie.

Power Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

No, I wouldn't. I like my long hair. But I will do it someday.

#38 4ever_watsonian&westlifer

4ever_watsonian&westlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Location..off to my own little world..

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

I would say I won't..with the head shape I have and knowing how thick my hair is..it just won't suit me.
Happy with my long hair..
Posted Image
Feel free to Email/ IM me.. See ya'll around!

#39 Bagel of Death

Bagel of Death

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Mood::Pensive
  • LocationHot n' Sweaty Arizona!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Been there, done that. :] I really love the pixie and the bob, they're both just very liberating and saves you a lot of time from styling it. Then again my ultra-feminine prefers longer hair--you get to do so many things with it (curl, ponytail, etc.)

34dpea0.gif

The AR Family: Chris (husband) ; Arie (daughter) ; Sarah (pet penguin) ; Jade (niece) ; Jon (father)

#40 Paige

Paige

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Mood::Ninja
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I admire her for choosing to do something different, but I wouldn't cut my hair. I feel like my shoulder length hair is too short for me lol

Posted Image

shine bright like a diamond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users