The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I guess Ghost in the shell and Akira were pretty good...and I used to watch Robotech on a british tv channel back when no one here even knew the word anime...:rofl:

Edited by 130671

^Same here! Although i'm more of a shoujo than josei :P Can't say i'm into yaoi though. 'Loveless' was a huge disappointment.

One Piece is the best i reckon, along with Dragon Ball Z (classic)

That's the popular opinion indeed. I'm OP obsessed haha. They say that the holy trinity a.k.a One piece-bleach-naruto was based on dragon ball. Well all animes have a common basis. But dragon ball was pretty much, just fighting :P

I guess Ghost in the shell and Akira were pretty good...and I used to watch Robotech on a british tv channel back when no one here even knew the word anime...:rofl:

Ghost in the shell was pree good. Though i'm not into that mecha stuff. Hence why i didn't like Code Geass, although the majority thinks it was brilliant. Had a nice soundtrack though.

cause i used to watched Dragon Ball only, but then i get lost interest in anime, remember i said my friends took me to the convention? That's when i get my interest back, and began reading One Piece, and Fairy Tail, and Naruto..

I love One Piece tho, the story, the morale of the story, etc. The guy (Luffy) he got heart, im telling you lol

Haha awhh i agree. Although most of the people are hating on Luffy for not being serious and for not being a role model for a leader i beg to differ. He's fun, he's more of a friend than a captain but when his nakama is in danger he is willing to sacrifice his own life. And he's always hungry, which reminds me of myself haha so yeah i adore him.

Same with Naruto, Natsu etc. I like it that they're powerful and all, but still are funny, completely asexual haha, inappropriate at times and most of the time they don't take things seriously :D

I'm obsessed I collect most manga's.

Death Note, Rosario and Vampire, Bleach, Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist are the TOP manga's in the whole of Europe. Funnily in that order they are my favourites. I think in anime wise, Avatar: The Last Airbender is great. The movie however is a total RIP OFF.

haha i love you Jade :3 I collect most of them too. My friend has been studying japanese for over 2 years now and has ordered them on japanese. I'm so envy of him >.<

What i hate though is that sometimes they make Anime alot worse than Manga. For instance; Claymore. I mean i was disappointed by the ending in the Anime, whereas in the Manga was brilliant.

Dangit i've yet to play the game. Heard it's good. Didn't like the movie at all. It was like Pocahontas, only thing Pocahontas had actually a better soundtrack. But yeah i love all the ones you mentioned above. Even people who don't like watching Anime and they watch DN, they really love it.

Soo has anyone seen Neon Genesis Evangelium? I actually started watching it long time ago and i was really lost. I mean i knew it was a total mindf**k, but many people seem to really love movies like that. Like perfect blue and Paprika?

haha i love you Jade :3 I collect most of them too. My friend has been studying japanese for over 2 years now and has ordered them on japanese. I'm so envy of him >.<

What i hate though is that sometimes they make Anime alot worse than Manga. For instance; Claymore. I mean i was disappointed by the ending in the Anime, whereas in the Manga was brilliant.

Dangit i've yet to play the game. Heard it's good. Didn't like the movie at all. It was like Pocahontas, only thing Pocahontas had actually a better soundtrack. But yeah i love all the ones you mentioned above. Even people who don't like watching Anime and they watch DN, they really love it.

Soo has anyone seen Neon Genesis Evangelium? I actually started watching it long time ago and i was really lost. I mean i knew it was a total mindf**k, but many people seem to really love movies like that. Like perfect blue and Paprika?

haha i love you too. >.<

• 7 months later...

Ahhh anime. Part of (almost) everyone's childhood. Love the Dragonball series (except for GT because I can't stand Pan). I also enjoy Sailor Moon, Hellsing, Naruto, Digimon, Pokemon, Ranma 1/2, Oh My Goddess! to mention a few. I try watching old episodes on Youtube whenever I have free time. :yesyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently watching Black Butler which so far is good. I'm into older anime though. Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yuugi, Ceres, MARS, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Bubblegum Crisis, and that is all I can think of off the top of my noggin.

I highly recommend Hetalia for anyone on here. Each episode is 5 minutes long. You can watch the first 2 seasons on Netflix if you have it or you can watch it online. =3 Just google it up. It's about the countries and how they each have a personality. It's a great history lesson (about WWII) and you don't even notice because it's just so entertaining and funny. It also teaches you a lot about other cultures. ^_^

Black Butler is great if you are into the darker animes but don't want it to be cheesy.

As every other guy, I'm into Naruto. There is just something about ninjas! haha XD

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently watching Black Butler which so far is good. I'm into older anime though. Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yuugi, Ceres, MARS, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Bubblegum Crisis, and that is all I can think of off the top of my noggin.

I highly recommend Hetalia for anyone on here. Each episode is 5 minutes long. You can watch the first 2 seasons on Netflix if you have it or you can watch it online. =3 Just google it up. It's about the countries and how they each have a personality. It's a great history lesson (about WWII) and you don't even notice because it's just so entertaining and funny. It also teaches you a lot about other cultures. ^_^

Black Butler is great if you are into the darker animes but don't want it to be cheesy.

As every other guy, I'm into Naruto. There is just something about ninjas! haha XD

Hetalia omg i effing love it, it's so precise and funny. I love Germany. And that episode about Greeks and cats? haha i laughed my bum off

And about Naruto i'm up to date in the Manga but i've stopped watching the anime like 4 months ago. It continues or it has fillers?

I want to start watching Shiki. I just finished watching D-gray man and started reading it. Currently only watching Fairy Tail which is amazing and with a pwnsome OST and. I'm really into shounen alright, but i'd like some recommendation on other genres, preferably something like phsycological/police/thriller/supernatural :/ Anything except Mecha--i hate it.

I also want to staring watching something Yuri related.

Full Metal Alchemist all the way. Also, I like Tennis no Oujisama (Prince of Tennis). I used to watch a lot of anime on TV such as Cyber Marionette, Pokemon, Digimon, one about football, and a couple more.

I've just started Fairy Tail it's really boring though, It's that crap I might drop it. I have a few others I might start to. XD

Gosh you couldn't be more wrong. FT is amazing -if you like shonen kind of anime. In the beginning it seems boring and maybe for children -yes i've heard that crap too, w/e- to most of the people who don't have the patience to keep on going, but it's amazing. It has plot, it doesn't have only one protagonist it has so many amazing characters, the evil characters will become even better as it goes on and most important it has a hell of an amazing soundtrack. The music is too epic.

I'm up to date in both manga and anime, the current chapters in the manga are awesome and i assure you right now FT is better and more interesting than OP, Naruto and Bleach.

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I never saw this thread before. I use to watch anime all the time. I was a fan of Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing, Gundam Wing, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Gunslinger Girls, I'm sure there are tons more that I'm forgetting. I think everyone who watched Dragon Ball Z in the beginning (before they redubbed it like 50 times) and Sailor moon were fans of that. Pretty much if it was on the old Toonami back in the day I watched it.

I haven't really found any animes in the past 5-6 years that I've really enjoyed which is probably why I don't watch anime very much these days.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

One Piece, Fushigi Yuugi and Hunter X Hunter are my favorites. I watched Dragonball Z and ghost fighter when I was a kid. I actually like most anime's, although I didn't finished watching them all. Some of what I already watched are Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth (I'm not sure of my spelling of rayearth), Mojacko, Slamdunk, Voltes V and Daimos (?), Inuyasha, Digimon, Pokemon, Let's Go, Crush Gear, YuGiOh, SailorMoon (i watched this when i was in elementary and i really wanted to be venus aha), Monster Rancher, Avatar: The last Airbender and Bleach ( i really love ichigo <33), detective conan. Uugh, I can't remember all, Full Alchemist? I'm not sure of the title, Ranma 1/2, Oh my Goddess!

One Piece is my favorite of all, I love Luffy <33 although some hate him. He's the coolest pirate leader of all xD He makes all hard things easy and will do anything for his friends (crew).

Hunter X Hunter, is the 2nd that I like. Gon, killua, kurapika and i forgot the name of the other guy that wants to be a doctor.

Omgsh I forgot to include Flame of Recca and Shaman King . <333 :wub:

And I forgot the title of the Anime that has a guy named Akira and really loves to eat gyoza (dumpling).