The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson Wants To Persue A Sexier Image?

Sexier or School Girl Image?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends what she does to get this sexier image...

If she pulls a Miley Cyrus (posing in playboy...), well I'm not going to lie, I'm going to lose all respect for her but since Emma doesn't seem like she's that kind of girl I don't think she really has to try very hard, she's a beautiful girl. Her Vanity Fair shoot was pretty sexy.

Why does it have to be either one or the other? There`s plenty of sexy schoolgirls out there...no wait, I`m confusing something now...those girls only look like schoolgirls...:D

Seriously, before I see her pose for certain magazines, I`d rather have her stay the way she is. Maybe she will eventually get a role offer that does something to adjust her image.

That article doesn't include quotes from Emma herself so it really needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I don't think that Emma is particularly looking for a 'sexier' image. For the past decade she has had to keep close to Hermione's 'schoolgirl' image and now for the first time she really had the chance to express herself and and be who she wants to be.

Emma has become a very stylish and confident woman, she knows what looks good and is not afraid to express herself. I really admire that about her.

I don't think I've seen any quotes anywhere of Emma saying she wants a sexier image. She has said things about leaving Hermione behind, and with the new photoshoots in Marie Claire etc. the media has declared she is going for a sexier image. Except they forget she already had what they called "sexy" shoots over a year ago.

I would say it's just another case of the media making news about nothing. Everyone is now talking about how now Emma won't have her own perfume line. :rolleye: She said that a long time ago. How is it "news" now?

I don't think I've seen any quotes anywhere of Emma saying she wants a sexier image. She has said things about leaving Hermione behind, and with the new photoshoots in Marie Claire etc. the media has declared she is going for a sexier image. Except they forget she already had what they called "sexy" shoots over a year ago.

I would say it's just another case of the media making news about nothing. Everyone is now talking about how now Emma won't have her own perfume line. :rolleye: She said that a long time ago. How is it "news" now?

dook, I wouldn't even label it as the media making news out of nothing. The article is in actuality a blog. And as we know anyone can write a blog and not cite any sources. That's exactly what happened here. I think dazza is exactly right, there are no direct quotes by Emma so take it with a grain of salt.

As for her image, I expect her to move onto more grown up roles but as Emma has stated herself, she's not going to do nude scenes or snort coke on film in order to move on and make everyone forget about Hermione. She's stated that she's very proud of Hermione and doesn't want people to forget about her playing Hermione. She can move on to adult roles without doing any of that. As a fan I don't know that I'd ever want her to do a nude role, but it's not my call.

dook, I wouldn't even label it as the media making news out of nothing. The article is in actuality a blog. And as we know anyone can write a blog and not cite any sources. That's exactly what happened here. I think dazza is exactly right, there are no direct quotes by Emma so take it with a grain of salt.

There has been a lot of "news" sites also saying she is looking for a sexier image, and none of them that I have seen had relevant quotes from Emma. The blog is just repeating what others have said, which is what most "news" sites do.

There has been a lot of "news" sites also saying she is looking for a sexier image, and none of them that I have seen had relevant quotes from Emma. The blog is just repeating what others have said, which is what most "news" sites do.

I agree. (:

I agree with you, I don't know that I'd call it actual news.

It depends what she does to get this sexier image...

If she pulls a Miley Cyrus (posing in playboy...)

Really, she's been 18 less than a week, and already doing Playboy? The tabloids ask Hef about every attractive female celeb when they turn 18. They did the same when Emma turned 18. Trust me, I can't stand Miley Cyrus, but she'll never do Playboy. Well maybe in her 30's if her career is over. She's too smart about her career decisions to make a bone headed move like that. What you're seeing in the way she dresses, is someone trying to separate from Disney. Someone who is having to deal with her parents divorce in the public eye. And someone who is, like most 18 year olds, trying to figure out who she is.

As for Emma. Did no one see pictures of her from the London premiere? Or any other of the various appearances the last couple of years. She's achieving sexy. Sexy is not slutty. They're not even in the same universe. Sexy is confidence and being comfortable in your skin. She is 20 years old. She will never play Hermione again. The school girl is fading. But who says she can't be both?

I think it has to do with what you consider/see as sexy. She said it's much sexier to be understated and that for her it's more in intriguing to be sexy in a less obvious way. I think her recent shoot in Marie Claire, and the shoot she did for Warner Bros are rather sexy. And the way she looked at the London DH premire was very sexy too.

I agree with those that say there is nothing wrong with being sexy, but it depends what you mean by 'sexy'. Being sexy can mean a lot of things to different people and I think that most of us would agree that the kind of 'sexy' the 'media' are referring to is most certainly not Emma, no matter how much they want her to be.

Emma is stylish, classy and confident, she knows what looks good and isn't afraid to express herself. I admire that and to many people that can be sexy, but sexy in a respectful way.

• 12 years later...