The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Movies That Make You Cry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Marley and Me is really sad.

For me there are two films, one is Big Fish (for personal reasons as it's about a father passing away, and I first saw it when my father had recently passed away) which still brings tears to my eyes.

The Natural is the other... but those are happy tears, when Roy Hobbs hits the game winning homerun and Randy Newman's classic muscial instrumental plays in the background as he runs around the bases and the field is showed by light! :D (Gets me every time... ahh baseball, how I love that sport!) :yesyes:

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas and Marley and Me made me cry, along with a few others I can't remember. I'll also admit Toy Story 3 and when Hermione wiped her parents memories me tear up a little. I have a feeling DH Pt2 is going to make me cry though...

I've only seen parts of I Am Sam. Is it really that sad? I know it's the one famous for Sean Penn going full retard.

It is sad but I didn't cry while watching it but I can see how some people did.

I've only seen parts of I Am Sam. Is it really that sad? I know it's the one famous for Sean Penn going full retard.

Yep, that's the one. It is indeed really sad, especially when Lucy, his very bright daughter (played by Dakota Fanning) is taken away from him.

Your description of the character made me laugh. It reminded me of Robert Downey Jnr's description in 'Tropic Thunder'. :D

Your description of the character made me laugh. It reminded me of Robert Downey Jnr's description in 'Tropic Thunder'. :D

That's exactly what I was referencing.

I know it's odd but A.I. made me cry. I got misty when Hermione wiped herself from her parent's memory. I'll have to see if I can think of some more, I know there are some.

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas and Marley and Me made me cry, along with a few others I can't remember. I'll also admit Toy Story 3 and when Hermione wiped her parents memories me tear up a little. I have a feeling DH Pt2 is going to make me cry though...

It is sad but I didn't cry while watching it but I can see how some people did.

I cried during The Boy in Striped Pajamas too, and Deathly Hallows a few times >.< Also Seven Pounds :P

Big Daddy, when they took Frankenstein away from Sonny

Rocky Balboa, at the last part

Toy Story 3, again at the last part (lucky i had the 3D glasses on so no one saw me crying)

The only movie have actualy cried in is Passion of the Christ, because its what I fully believe and stand strong in. I walked out of the room when he was being whipped repeatedly.

But lots of movies have brought a tear to my eye, Bridge to Terrabithia made me really sad when the girl died. Book of Eli has quite a happy but sad ending.

Cant think of too any at the moment though...

...Dammit, Im supposed to be a MAN! :lol:

I cry during every movie!!! lol

I have to second a few.. Boy in the Stripped Pajamas... Big Fish.. Titanic... the Notebook

a Walk to Remember

Freedom Writers

Love Actually

Peter Pan

Up

Toy Story 3

... but I am such a wimp I even cried during the Hannah Montana movie lol

I am such a sucker for movies I always cry!!!

I recently cried while watching a movie called "Mother and Child". It's not an amazing movie, but there's this heartwrenching scene with Kerry Washington (I won't spoil it)... I couldn't hold back the tears. It's impossible to watch that scene and not feel empathy for what the character is going through.

I cry during every movie!!! lol

I have to second a few.. Boy in the Stripped Pajamas... Big Fish.. Titanic... the Notebook

a Walk to Remember

Freedom Writers

Love Actually

Peter Pan

Up

Toy Story 3

... but I am such a wimp I even cried during the Hannah Montana movie lol

I am such a sucker for movies I always cry!!!

Areibella I Am the SAme way I cry over the most little things

• 3 weeks later...