The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Movies That Make You Smile... Or Laugh

As we have a thread called 'Movies that Make you cry', I thought it would be nice to have another one with the movies that make you laugh, or smile.

My favourite funny movies tend to be the ones with Ben Stiller. He cracks me up.

The delivery of his lines is just so perfect... he can be saying the most ridiculous thing in the most serious manner, and that only makes his speech even more hilarious.

'Crazy About Mary' and 'Meet the Fockers' make me laugh no matter how many times I see them.

As for the one that makes me smile all the time, the prize goes to 'When Harry Met Sally'.

When Harry Met Sally is one of my all time faves. And Meg Ryan is at her cutest in that movie.

The Austin Powers movies make me laugh. Will Ferrell movies - Anchorman, Taladega Nights, Old School. I always get a laugh out of The Hangover, it picks me up when I'm feeling down. I find Fight Club amusing in an odd way. There's definitely funny parts in Pulp Fiction that I laugh at.

The Monty Python Movies are always good for a laugh, especially Life of Brian, absolutely hilarious!

I love some of Jim Carrey's earlier work, especially the Ace Ventura movies and Dumb & Dumber.

There is a British film called 'Mike Bassett: England Manager' which is just pure brilliance.

Hot Fuzz is funny, i always love Simon Pegg's stuff, he and Nick Frost got amazing chemistry. They always make thriller movies funny to watch, like Shaun of the Dead. The Hangover is the perfect comedy movie, Adam sandler's movies: Big Daddy, The Longest Yard, Grown Ups etc. Rush Hour 1-3, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and When the Nature Calls.

I could go on lol, thats enough for now

Hot Fuzz is funny, i always love Simon Pegg's stuff, he and Nick Frost got amazing chemistry. They always make thriller movies funny to watch, like Shaun of the Dead.

How could I forget these two? Absolutely brilliant films

A lot of great movies were already mentioned.

I'll add some older ones that still crack me up... :rofl:

The Jerk - with Steve Martin

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - with a star studded celebrity cast

A Christmas Story - I mean after all, it seems fitting for this time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I am sad, I watch Just one of the girls which is a really bad 80s flick. It instantly cheers me up. I also watch Lost in Translation.

As for movies that make me laugh:

Tropic Thunder

Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz

Scott Pilgrim versus the world

Well I have to go with

Hangover

Knocked Up

Freaks and Geeks (great short-lived series,always makes me smile)

Harry Potter (some parts hilarious)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

How I Met Your Mother

Family Guy

Edited by Rose