28 replies to this topic

#21 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

I'm sure i'll be fine as i don't drink >.< Or know any jerks.

As long as you only stay with your current bf or find amazingly unjerkingly guys then you should be sweet, and if it's hidden well or you don't care what people say! Haha.

As for mine I don't know if I'll ever get them, I'd love to but like everyone said I might regret it in 50 years... but I highly doubt this, because I've been crazy about HP for a large portion of my life and I believe that won't change :P The future could always change, I dunno :P It'll always mean something to me.

#22 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

^I agree. I'm a huge fan. I've grew up with Harry Potter. We are the Harry Potter GENERATION!

#23 NaWaDa1

NaWaDa1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

it would be cool to have a deatheater tattoo or the logo of hogwarts.
but my parents would never agree :(

does anyone know where i can get these fake dark mark tattoos from????

#24 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

I've always thought about the idea of a tattoo. When I first started noticing people I knew get them, I was kind of shocked and had a very negative view of tattoos in general (maybe because most of my friends waited right until they turned legal age and didn't need parental consent to get one).
I could not, for the life of me, figure out why someone would want a mark on their body forever. I think this idea of permanence is what put me off.
However, I met a friend of my sister's about a year ago and she had mentioned to me that she had a tattoo. I could not figure out where, until she adjusted her shirt and showed me. My jaw dropped. The tattoo covered the whole of her back, and it was absolutely stunning.
If I ever have the guts to get one (I have kicked it around in my head for a while), I might want to have an artist inscribe a quote from the novels with a design, or maybe a quote from another language I have studied or will be studying in the future. Something with meaning. Nothing too big or showy or for public display, maybe on my back.
Of course, this isn't until I've thought it completely through...I give myself few years' thought.
And, I would not tell anybody I know/will know that I got one. :D
As for the pain factor--if you've thought it through as completely as you can and have reached a decision to really get something meaningful and representative of you inscribed on you, wouldn't it be quite worth it?
;)

Edited by K.Lo, 09 December 2010 - 07:21 AM.

Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#25 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

I wouldn't have any tattoos personally, it is just not me, but I think that they look great on some people and I have seen some brilliant HP tattoos before.

I agree with 'The Dude' though, although you can never be 100%, you need to be as certain as you can be that it's not something you are going to regret 30-40 years down the line, if you have any doubts, you should really think about it before going for it and make sure it is what you really want.

Apart from that, good luck to those who are thinking about it and try not to let the fear of pain put you off as it is only temporary (if at all), you should go for it.

If anyone gets one or already has one, you should post up pictures, they would be good to see.

Totally agree with you there.

As long as you only stay with your current bf or find amazingly unjerkingly guys then you should be sweet, and if it's hidden well or you don't care what people say! Haha.

As for mine I don't know if I'll ever get them, I'd love to but like everyone said I might regret it in 50 years... but I highly doubt this, because I've been crazy about HP for a large portion of my life and I believe that won't change :P The future could always change, I dunno :P It'll always mean something to me.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo since I was really young and I've thought and thought and thought about what I should get... but so far I have come up with nothing that I want to carve PERMANENTLY on my skin, it's statement you have to live with for the rest of your life (of course there's the removal option but heck, why the tattoo in the first place then?) and who knows what can happen 5,10,30, 50 years from now. I liked your ideas though, but I'd only enjoy the quote for a short time, then it'd be old and boring ;)

Getting a tattoo is a big thing, whether it's HP related or not. So consider people! B)

#26 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

I now have a tattoo and I wish to have more.

I would love to have a HP related tattoo, but I don't really know why. I can't seem to find a good idea that would be beautiful and king of 'original'.

I ABSOLUTELY don't juge other people tattoos, now that I have one I fully realize how much it's personal. It's just that I don't want for example the DH symbol, because even though it fully reprensents HP, it's the same tattoo as many fans do, and it doesn't represent an idea that I want inked in my skin (you know, the power to be almighty, the power to fight death, etc, are not symbols that I feel related too, though I loved that aspect of the DH story in the context of HP).

Saying that, I say a good 'well done' to anyone that was able to undestand what I mean haha

Sometimes I see extrmely beautiful HP tattos, and I think 'oh why didn't I think of that before seeing this picture ???' because I kind forbid myself to copy an original idea, even though I fully accept the fact that i suck at imagining artistic drawings, and that other people are much more able than me to produce a great graphic idea. 

Anyway, I though of the timeturner.

And YES it's very common and already seen haha I'm so not coherent. But it represents time, and it was for Hermione a possibility to hard work, to give her the means to acheive her goals to learn a lot on many subjects. Even though it was about 'cheating with time' and being unrealistic and not accepting our human limits, it was about being committed to an idea, and about working hard. 

But I take the time to think about it. 

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#27 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well I am unique. I don't have any tattoo. :D 

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself." 

Hot-Emma-Watson-GIF.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo2_250.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo1_250.gif

#28 Lindalumos

Lindalumos

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Mood::Super
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

I have Deathly Hallows symbol on my arm and Elvish writing on my other arm. Thinking about getting Star Wars and ASoIaF themed tattoos next :)

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

#29 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

I have a really ugly deathly hallows on my arm that I need to get fixed but I want to get a harry potter themed sleeve on my right arm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users