The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Your Favorite 2010 FIFA World Cup Moments

My favorite moments were of course the 3 matches Germany - Australia (4:0), Germany - England (4:1) and Argentina - Germany (0:4). I can't describe how happy I was, especially with the last two. :P The young german team was one of the very best teams at this world cup. And I'm saying this as a football fan, not because I support Germany (which I do if you haven't noticed). I also liked The Netherlands, Japan and South Korea. Too bad that South Africa didn't make it into the knockout stages.

I was dissapointed with France and England to be honest. They didn't work as a team. And maybe France deserved it because Ireland should've been in their spot. But oh well. Also the final wasn't that exciting. It was a dirty match. Too many fouls. For instance the 'kung fu' kick by Nigel de Jong. Most yellow cards in a final. I also laughed when Italy got kicked out after the 2:3 loss against Slovakia, sorry. :P

Your opinions?

Best moment? Paul the octopus predicting everything. What a legend Paul was. RIP little man.

Worst moment? England getting dominated by Germany. But it was the kick up the arse we needed to get stronger. Although it'll take a few years. And 4-1 is annihilation, but it's no 5-1. :lol:

Being English, this World Cup is one to forget for me, I actually enjoyed Euro 2008 more when we weren't even there. So yeah, Paul the Octopus was one of the highlights for me too.

I had big plans for this World Cup, me and a mate went over to Tenerife for a few weeks to sit back, enjoy the weather, have a few beers and watch the World Cup with hopefully a few England wins on the way, so I saw nearly every game and for me, it is one of the worst World Cups I have seen, with some boring games and most of the big name players just not performing.

The worst moment was definitely the defeat to Germany, everyone will blame the dissallowed goal, but it one of the worst performances I have seen from an England team, we were outclassed by Germany.

Saying that, I really enjoyed watching Germany at this World Cup, they were one of the most entertaining teams that played some great football and they had quite a few lesser known players that really made a name for themselves.

And 4-1 is annihilation, but it's no 5-1. :lol:

:D

Where NZ is unbeatable, 3 games without lost but no win either, but that's good seeing they dont have football as their main sport.

The goal Holman scored against Serbia, i went berserk, but not enough for us to got through to the last 16.

All Germany's game were exciting, but nothing can beat Uruguay's game, where Suazo became their second goal keeper and Gyan missed the penalty.

Disappointment? The refs had to many bad calls, but all in all the refs are on drugs most of the time hahaha.

i got a joke about Italy and France... in 2006 they met in the final, and in 2010 they met in the airport

Best moment? Paul the octopus predicting everything. What a legend Paul was. RIP little man.

Worst moment? England getting dominated by Germany. But it was the kick up the arse we needed to get stronger. Although it'll take a few years. And 4-1 is annihilation, but it's no 5-1. :lol:

All the media attention about the octopus annoyed me. In 2008 he made way more mistakes. And I still think it's all about the food and colors of the flags.

Saying that, I really enjoyed watching Germany at this World Cup, they were one of the most entertaining teams that played some great football and they had quite a few lesser known players that really made a name for themselves.

Yep, for instance Oezil and Khedira. They both play now in Real Madrid. Or Thomas Mueller.

Disappointment? The refs had to many bad calls, but all in all the refs are on drugs most of the time hahaha.

i got a joke about Italy and France... in 2006 they met in the final, and in 2010 they met in the airport

True, so annoying. Every little thing was a foul.

lolo.

Where NZ is unbeatable, 3 games without lost but no win either, but that's good seeing they dont have football as their main sport.

Yes, the ONLY team to remain unbeaten at the 2010 World Cup.... that will be a pub quiz question for years to come.

All the media attention about the octopus annoyed me. In 2008 he made way more mistakes. And I still think it's all about the food and colors of the flags.

Trust me, he was entertaining if you supported England. :P

Yep, for instance Oezil and Khedira. They both play now in Real Madrid. Or Thomas Mueller.

Yes, not very often German players get praise from the English, but I am a big admirer of some of the German players, Phillip Lahm is the best full back in the world, Bastian Schweinsteiger always impresses me and Miroslav Klose is one of the greatest goalscorers in the modern day game, and they all had great World Cups but for me it was Khedira and especially Ozil that really made the German team tick.

Germany's problem and the reason they didn't win was not calling up Robert Huth :P

Trust me, he was entertaining if you supported England. :P

Yes, not very often German players get praise from the English, but I am a big admirer of some of the German players, Phillip Lahm is the best full back in the world, Bastian Schweinsteiger always impresses me and Miroslav Klose is one of the greatest goalscorers in the modern day game, and they all had great World Cups but for me it was Khedira and especially Ozil that really made the German team tick.

Germany's problem and the reason they didn't win was not calling up Robert Huth :P

If you say so. :P

Dito. A lot of people say if Thomas Mueller played against Spain in the semi final, they might have won. But we don't know that of course. But I think it would've made a difference.

hahah perhabs. :P

the best moment is the Write The Future ad lol... its cursed, n every teams on the ad got eliminated except Spain.

and how Ronaldo and Messi played badly, well Maradona is the reason why Messi played bad, he cant coach, doesnt have strategy at all, thats one of the worst things happened in the World Cup, coach that cant coach for crap.

the best moment is the Write The Future ad lol... its cursed, n every teams on the ad got eliminated except Spain.

Yeah, we need to see it :P

Before the World Cup I thought what a brilliant ad, and then nearly every player or team had a bad World Cup.

especially Ronaldo, the statue gave him the big cursed lol.. everytime he misses the statue's crumble, first the nose, lips, fingers etc.

but isnt good to see good teams knocked out early? made the game more interesting hahaha

My favorite moments were of course the 3 matches Germany - Australia (4:0), Germany - England (4:1) and Argentina - Germany (0:4). I can't describe how happy I was, especially with the last two. :P The young german team was one of the very best teams at this world cup. And I'm saying this as a football fan, not because I support Germany (which I do if you haven't noticed). I also liked The Netherlands, Japan and South Korea. Too bad that South Africa didn't make it into the knockout stages.

I was dissapointed with France and England to be honest. They didn't work as a team. And maybe France deserved it because Ireland should've been in their spot. But oh well. Also the final wasn't that exciting. It was a dirty match. Too many fouls. For instance the 'kung fu' kick by Nigel de Jong. Most yellow cards in a final. I also laughed when Italy got kicked out after the 2:3 loss against Slovakia, sorry. :P

agreed :king:

It was funny to see both Italy and France, the two finalists from 2006 going out in the group stages.

I knew France would go out early, because even since the qualifier they didnt play good football+the line up are not what i was expecting... no Nasri and Benzema, they could make differences for France, and as soon as i read Anelka got sent home, i know they're going down

As for Italy, they needed Totti, Del Piero, n Maldini hahaha... They cant do anything without those three

• 1 month later...

Paul the Octopus stole the show! 2010 FIFA World Cup will forever be remembered thanks to it!

As for the moment I remember the most?

Robert Green (England's goalkeeper) dropping the ball and scoring a goal on his own against England.

Poor guy...

Worst moment: That damn octopus. Seriously...it's an octopus! It wouldn't even recognize a football if it was dancing naked in front of him.

Best moment: The Dutch team getting to the finals. Sure, we lost but still.

Worst moment: That damn octopus. Seriously...it's an octopus! It wouldn't even recognize a football if it was dancing naked in front of him.

THANK YOU! I completely agree.

Of course it wouldn't. It's just an Octopus... but it worked for the Germans. Until the unbeatable Spaniards cooked a Paella with it (but the Octopus also predicted that! :P )

I'm glad about the Dutch team went into the final. I was rooting for them and was glad that, for once, the best two most deserving teams made it. That doesn't happen very often...

• 2 months later...