The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma's officials

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or was one of those questions weird? I think it was the last one where someone asked what Harry and Ron would feel about Hermione doing Perks? o.O I love the way she answered it but in the back of my mind I'm like "really? People can't separate her from Hermione?" Boggles my mind..

Yep, i originally took them down for her Website, but it was decided that they would also appear on her Facebook page.

Excellent move because Facebook makes it interactive and delivers the content to a larger audience instantaneously but it's always a good idea to keep the content on your site as well as Facebook technically owns whatever you post and could therefore remove it if they saw fit. Also news on Facebook moves so fast that having a more permanent archive on the site makes sense, and again gives the illusion that all the forms of media are being constantly updated, even though the updates are the same. PLUS in the case of Emma, she doesn't need to worry about SEO so the whole idea of Google punishing for duplicated content is out the window which gives a bit more freedom.

... Haha. I am a nerd. And I'm sure you know all of this, but I like sharing my nerdy knowledge. ;)

Is it just me or was one of those questions weird?

Hmm, it actually struck me as odd at first sight to see this interpreted as people not being able to differentiate between Hermione and Emma. I'd have regarded it as an innocent allusion to her previous role. Lacking a better idea, I myself might ask "How might Pauline describe Emma to Hermione?" Consequently, I'd have expected an answer along the lines of

"You'd have to ask J.K. Rowling."

"Harry has always been very supportive of Hermione, so he'd approve. Ron might be afraid it could be dangerous, but I'm sure she'd have her way."

"Ron would say 'wicked', that's for sure."

Then again, there certainly are some weird fans out there, that's for sure. :)

She was so sweet in wishing us Yanks a Happy 4th :) not so happy as fireworks in our whole county were cancelled due to massive power outages and trees being all over the place. Anyway it was sweet hearing happy 4th from our favorite Brit :)

Haha yeah. I sent an email to the mods this a.m. to volunteer my time/services should they like some free creative work and online engagement advice. :)

Yeah, and I mean.. I LOVE the site. I've loved it for years. And let's be honest... corporations pay $250/h for my time, but it's not always interesting to me. At least Emma is a topic I enjoy. :P So yes, MODS IF YOU ARE LISTENING, ANY WAY I CAN HELP I AM AVAILABLE. :)

Well, maybe we should say: Thank you, Jo! :lol:

And to the moderating team: last tweet from 2010..... time to reactivate it, I think!

Like i said before, nothing to do with me, Emma follows who she likes and writes what she likes on Twitter.

It's great news! :) you guys should deffo get the account going again - it's your chance to show her what you got B)