The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Lol @ Emma's Latest Tweets

It's lovely reading things like this, these tweets really show how grounded Emma is.

I actually had the same problem as Emma what I tried to advertise my site, I have commented explaining how to get around it, I doubt she will see it hidden among the thousands of comments though, but you never know.

XD she's adorable. I'm a bit useless when it comes to that since I only use my twitter and facebook to respond to Emma's updates, so I don't really know how to use them that much either.

Can't wait to see Emma's Christmas update. :)

I don't think its that Emma is horrible with technology, Twitter and Facebook can be tempermental sometimes. I've tried to put updates in that never showed up on the page, it's not the user but the software, it's happened to everyone at some point I'm sure.

Listen, I thought it was cute. I don't think Emma is dumb when it comes to tech. I understand that software can be a hassle from time to time. It was just funny.

I retract my earlier statement.

I wasn't aiming it at you. I just seems that everyone was thinking she didn't know how to use twitter, lol, that's all.

I don't often visit Emma's facebook page. Do you guys ever read the comments on her wall? She must read at least some of them because that's how she figured out what the problem was with her status today. Poor Emma.

Many on there are expressing their undying love for her which is quite weird enough but some on there are just crude, ugly and vulgar. Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude. But to talk to her that way and in a public forum where anyone can see it. You don't treat a lady like that. And there's no way she can delete them all because she would have to scour through so many comments it would take up all her time. I just feel bad for her having to deal with that crap and those crappy people. Plus it's gotta be unnerving having people tell her how much they love her and propose to her or just try to talk to her as if they know her.

I appreciate that she's does it all for us fans. Because she doesn't have to. She could just say I don't wanna deal with this crap and close her account. She truly does go above and beyond. Such a lady.

Unfortunately for Emma, and any other celebrity, there is always going to be haters. Of course she doesn't deserve it and I'm glad that she keeps her chin up and doesn't let the negative comments effect her.

Well I didn't read any comments from haters but I'm sure that there are some. What I was talking about was guys making crude propositions to her. You're just not supposed to speak to a lady like that.

I don't often visit Emma's facebook page. Do you guys ever read the comments on her wall? She must read at least some of them because that's how she figured out what the problem was with her status today. Poor Emma.

I have read a few of the comments, a lot of them are repeated by the same people and you shouldn't really read into them much as I don't think Emma does

Back in the day you used to get the odd post on the forum like that, people declaring their love for her, but on Facebook she has so many more followers.

Many on there are expressing their undying love for her which is quite weird enough but some on there are just crude, ugly and vulgar. Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude. But to talk to her that way and in a public forum where anyone can see it. You don't treat a lady like that. And there's no way she can delete them all because she would have to scour through so many comments it would take up all her time. I just feel bad for her having to deal with that crap and those crappy people. Plus it's gotta be unnerving having people tell her how much they love her and propose to her or just try to talk to her as if they know her.

I appreciate that she's does it all for us fans. Because she doesn't have to. She could just say I don't wanna deal with this crap and close her account.

I have to say, I would have loved to see the puzzled expression when that post didn't go up as her status. I've done this so many times myself, and I have the same expression every time. It would be priceless to see it on someone else's face.

But yeah, The Dude, I quit reading comments on her statuses and posts a long time ago. People are weird, plain and simple. How would you (not you, you) propose to someone without even knowing them? Like, really?

And declarations of undying love...:o

I actually had someone from tens of thousands of miles away from me send me a PERSONAL MESSAGE on Facebook because my name somehow showed up somewhere on Emma's page. It was quite creepy...the people that come out of the woodwork, I swear...

I didn't even know she had a FB account until recently, and I was really surprised about it. I don't know why she has one; I wouldn't deal with it. But then again, we are talking about a lady, as you call her.

:)

When Emma used to send messages via EMS on her original official site, Jo filtered through them and posted only acceptable ones. Now there isn't any filter so stuff like that is going to pop up. I don't think Emma pays too much attention to those comments though. I agree that people should appreciate the fact that she goes out of her way to communicate with the fans and even give us features such as her Christmas updates, because there are a lot of things she could be doing instead.

I've gotta wonder if people reply to her tweets as well. That's gotta be headache. I am glad she does this, because her EMS updates were few and far between. But yeah, it adds that extra level of being unfiltered that she has to deal with. I hope she does ignore most of the messages but I've gotta think that she must read at least some because that's how she figured out her problem with posting her status yesterday. Some people commented on her wall about it not working because she tried to put a link as her status and it won't allow you to do that. And that's when she made the next update stating as such.

• 12 years later...