The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Post Potter Depression

Like Some people After they Read the book and I am getting depressed again because i am reading the book again and My grandma asked me if this was the last book i was like yeah and i was really sad.. It is so heartbreaking for all of us because most of us grew up with harry potter :/!! but you know we will always keep harry potter alive in our hearts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like the books and movies are going to disappear...the overall excitement of wanting to read a new book in the series or see the new released movie will end but Harry Potter never will. I'm just trying to be positive.

That sounded more negative than positive. We've already said fair enough we can go back and watch them and read the books but there will never be a new book or another movie. :(

Lately I been having really bad Harry potter depression.. I been watching movies..and doing all kinds of Hp stuf and I been crying my eyes out and it really makes me sad to see it :/ but harry potter will always be in my heart it just it is all not so real to me :/!! I just I dont want this to end at all none of us do :/ Yesterday I finally got really harry potter depressed :/

It's not really ending for me. I've got my soundtracks, DVDs, books, bedroom decorated with a Harry Potter theme, memories :lol: So I won't get "post Potter depression" for a while, I will miss the extreme excitement that was there for half of my life and yes it is very sad, I was more upset about it a few months back than I am now (not sure why) but we've all got to move on with life. :o Just like Emma, Dan, Jo and many others have to. This is coming from a crazily-obsessed-HP-fanatic-nerd by the way, it'll hit me again soon anyway, just not over the excitement for DH2 yet :rolleye: Oh and I've got the movie deaths to get depressed over before then too.

It's not really ending for me. I've got my soundtracks, DVDs, books, bedroom decorated with a Harry Potter theme, memories :lol: So I won't get "post Potter depression" for a while, I will miss the extreme excitement that was there for half of my life and yes it is very sad, I was more upset about it a few months back than I am now (not sure why) but we've all got to move on with life. :o Just like Emma, Dan, Jo and many others have to. This is coming from a crazily-obsessed-HP-fanatic-nerd by the way, it'll hit me again soon anyway, just not over the excitement for DH2 yet :rolleye: Oh and I've got the movie deaths to get depressed over before then too.

haha this is I love and yeah your right.. i got the Soundtracks books as well i just think im going miss is New Thigns coming out you know :(

Haha well said Kim though some others may not agree with you. I for one don't agree with the depression part because I've already had it and I still feel sad about it now. But you're right about the cast and stuff. I can't feel excited for this movie though. It's not even the fact that it's not a happy movie it's the fact it's the last. Like many others! But I admit the deaths will be sad but it's not where my depression will be coming from.

I don't think I'm going to get it. After watching the movie I know I won't. I guess I suffered with the last book. I was expecting it with the last movie but alas it wasn't good enough to make you depressed it's over.

I'm already dying, and I haven't even seen the movie yet. It's just the whole impact, it's literally been my childhood. I guess I'll still have all the books and the movies to re-watch over and over again, and plus there's new HP exhibitions around here that I'll get to visit. But just knowing that this is the LAST movie, I just still can't get it wrapped around my head.

And now, it's all over.

I can't belive that. Actually, I don't want to belive it's all over :(.

Harry Potter is a great part of my childhood and it's really hard to live with awareness that we'll never be waiting again for the premiere of the new movie, new book... It was such a great source of emotions. I remeber standing in queue in the bookshop at the midnight and then reading without food and sleeping :D. And the movie premieres, people wearing cloaks, hats and specs :D. It was all crazy but so exciting!

but fortunately...

you know we will always keep harry potter alive in our hearts

Yes and that's the point! We still have books and movies and every time we read or watch it, the adventure starts again for us. Isn't it brillant?

And you know what... it's absolutely amazing to have somebody like you, who feel just like me in this time, it's really... consolatory :D

Edited by GreenGirl

i'm def suffering from PPD :(

today after seeing the movie again i just came home and sobbed for about a half hour.

i'm just so upset

i feel like i've lost a piece of something. i don't know what to do now.

i feel like i have nothing to look forward too.

except Pottermore which just isn't the same :(

Harry Potter is a great part of my childhood and it's really hard to live with awareness that we'll never be waiting again for the premiere of the new movie, new book... It was such a great source of emotions. I remeber standing in queue in the bookshop at the midnight and then reading without food and sleeping :D. And the movie premieres, people wearing cloaks, hats and specs :D. It was all crazy but so exciting!

but fortunately...

Yes and that's the point! We still have books and movies and every time we read or watch it, the adventure starts again for us. Isn't it brillant?

And you know what... it's absolutely amazing to have somebody like you, who feel just like me in this time, it's really... consolatory :D

where did you get your siggie from!? i love it! it sounds familiar who said it?

where did you get your siggie from!? i love it! it sounds familiar who said it?

thank you :D I found it in the net, but I've changed the picture, here's the first picture I found: http://kwejk.pl/obrazek/270351 cute, isn't it? :D

these are the words which Snape aimed to Dumbledore while showing his patronus in the 'Deathly Hallows', do you remember? :) and then somebody used it for that siggie :D

btw, it was so touching scene...

and when it comes to PPD, I experience something really weird now - I feel like buying everything connected with the HP series, included books in different languages, soundtracks, mugs... and it's quite... terrifying :blink:

thank you :D I found it in the net, but I've changed the picture, here's the first picture I found: http://kwejk.pl/obrazek/270351 cute, isn't it? :D

these are the words which Snape aimed to Dumbledore while showing his patronus in the 'Deathly Hallows', do you remember? :) and then somebody used it for that siggie :D

btw, it was so touching scene...

and when it comes to PPD, I experience something really weird now - I feel like buying everything connected with the HP series, included books in different languages, soundtracks, mugs... and it's quite... terrifying :blink:

yesss now i remember lol! thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

but fortunately...

awwh well thank you sweetie same goes to you.. I am said b.c the movies are Over no more Previews or anything but I know that Haryr potter will always live in my heart.. and it won't change ANYTHING!!