The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Post your favorite Emma picture of the day

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sick Fu$& has kidnapped Nigerian girls some as young as 14 to sell into slavery or as wives. He has kidnapped a lot of girls...from school and their own homes. The government won't do anything to help so Emma and others are smartly spreading word so people can maybe do something. Apparently some girls escaped but others are still being held prisoner.

This sick Fu$& has kidnapped Nigerian girls some as young as 14 to sell into slavery or as wives. He has kidnapped a lot of girls...from school and their own homes. The government won't do anything to help so Emma and others are smartly spreading word so people can maybe do something. Apparently some girls escaped but others are still being held prisoner.

Oh jeez

Good on Emma for supporting on finding them

Emma and tons of other celebs. BUT their govt doesn't do s**t about it, so how's a hashtag gonna help?

It helps spark a national conversation about the issue. Which in turn might possibly lead to action/resolution, if only tangentially.

And that's like a best-case scenario.

The only thing anybody can really do is to just keep talking about it, and social media is the biggest platform to do that.

This hashtag-thing is a pr-stunt to be on the band-wagon. It will help NOTHING, not one of the girls will be freed or released due to this usless hashtag-thing. I can hear the terrorists laughing. And Obama will definitly have sleepless nights because Emma & Co are posting pics like the one in question. All these celebs are so far away from real life, it is horrible.....

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

It helps spark a national conversation about the issue. Which in turn might possibly lead to action/resolution, if only tangentially.

The only thing anybody can really do is to just keep talking about it, and social media is the biggest platform to do that.

The people who can bring this on national and international tv will not care about it. Or the people who can help search the women will not be motivated

to even try because people around the world post it on social media. If this happened in Romania instead of Nigeria, yes they would have been found and maybe even freed by now. Their government doesn't follow our modern, european laws. They kidnapped them because they consider education a sin and the women are better off married and/or sold as pieces of meat.

So, it's a more delicate situation. 

It will help NOTHING, not one of the girls will be freed or released due to this usless hashtag-thing. I can hear the terrorists laughing. And Obama will definitly have sleepless nights because Emma & Co are posting pics like the one in question. 

it's about compassion not pr stunts. But I agree with you on this; 

I agree this hashtag movement cannot free those girls in reality. But Emma and some other celebrities are doing this to raise awareness. Many people are still ignorant of what's going on. This movement help acknowledge the public and hopefully pose pressure on the government to take serious action. Maybe the Nigerian government won't listen as what Elena said. But actually we can do nothing practical to help those girls. Spreading the news is what they and we can do.

I agree this hashtag movement cannot free those girls in reality. But Emma and some other celebrities are doing this to raise awareness. Many people are still ignorant of what's going on. This movement help acknowledge the public and hopefully pose pressure on the government to take serious action. Maybe the Nigerian government won't listen as what Elena said. But actually we can do nothing practical to help those girls. Spreading the news is what they and we can do.

Yes, there are lots of people who don't know still, Roberto is right as well. Spreading the word is more than okay but that's all we can do, like you've mentioned. I  hope their govt do search for them or plan to do something. It angers me they still have this mentalities in 2014. You'd think people elevate over time but nope, doesn't happen.

You want to know something Jonny C? You are a  complete and rude human being...I have had it with you and your nastiness/sarcasm/rudeness/crass remarks towards Emma. For your info she supports CamFed which is an organization that sends young  African girls to school and cares about the return of these girls as would any caring human being. She is not on the bandwagon as you say. She uses her celebrity to help spread word. I DONT GET WHY YOU ARE HERE! You despise Emma so much that much is clear. To quote Biff from Back to the Future: "Make a like a tree and get out of here". You are truly the most negative human being I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. Instead of making snarky comments towards Emma and us why not say something oh I don't know POSITIVE.

Elena I know what you mean but at least maybe if word can spread maybe some action will take place. My church talked about it today. It is up to their government and who knows what they will do.

You want to know something Jonny C? You are a  complete and rude human being...I have had it with you and your nastiness/sarcasm/rudeness/crass remarks towards Emma. For your info she supports CamFed which is an organization that sends young  African girls to school and cares about the return of these girls as would any caring human being. She is not on the bandwagon as you say. She uses her celebrity to help spread word. I DONT GET WHY YOU ARE HERE! You despise Emma so much that much is clear. To quote Biff from Back to the Future: "Make a like a tree and get out of here". You are truly the most negative human being I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. Instead of making snarky comments towards Emma and us why not say something oh I don't know POSITIVE.

Elena I know what you mean but at least maybe if word can spread maybe some action will take place. My church talked about it today. It is up to their government and who knows what they will do.

I don't trust goverments. All the awareness in the world could be in vain if they don't move a finger against those who had the guts to abduct these women.

Emma went to Zambia to support camfed if i'm not wrong which wasn't public coz who gives a s**t (media doesn't) about people who support education for children that live in poverty. This is nuts actually, let's see how it evolves. I'm keen to see some progress.

This hashtag-thing is a pr-stunt to be on the band-wagon. It will help NOTHING, not one of the girls will be freed or released due to this usless hashtag-thing. I can hear the terrorists laughing. And Obama will definitly have sleepless nights because Emma & Co are posting pics like the one in question. All these celebs are so far away from real life, it is horrible.....

I think that Emma is one of the last celebs you'd have to worry about being "so far away from real life". Um, HELLO, she's been TRYING to have a normal life since she started Harry potter.

But anyways,

I think it's fantastic that Emma and other celebrities are spreading the word about this because to be honest I knew NOTHING about what was going on.

It might not help the girls much by spreading the word, but it does help people become aware and that in itself is a good thing