The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Christmas Songs

It maybe a little early still, although we are in advent and I have already heard one on the radio today.

What are your favourite Christmas songs, or even Carols?

I absolutely love 'Fairytale of New York' by the Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl, if I had to pick my overall favourite, that would probably be it. I also like 'Happy Christmas (War is Over)' by John Lennon and '2000 Miles' by The Pretenders.

As for Carols, I really like 'O Holy Night' especially the version by Katherine Jenkins.

I'm usually more into the Carols. I honestly love them all, O Holy Night, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Silent Night, and the First Noel. I also really like Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Mariah Carey does a good job but I prefer Dustin Kensrue and U2's version better.

I tend to prefer the classics. Though Michael Crawford's version of O Holy Night, and Stevie Nicks' version of Silent Night are my favorite versions of those songs.

My favorite Christmas song is Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Close second is The 12 Daze of Christmas by Fay McKay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFb-vepuM8&feature=related

I HATTE Carols with a burning passion sorry. They drive me insane!

But Weird Al Yankovic has some funny Christmas songs like Christmas at Ground Zero and The Night Santa Went Crazy.

I wouldn't say I hate it with passion but If you are working at a parcel service you get a different view at Christmas and everything what belongs to it. 

I must admit some songs are just amazing and give me a good feeling although i would name none of them especially 

I'm stuck more into the ironically ones at the moment like this one

Sorry it's in german but I guess you know where I'm coming from.

Kevin Wilson is great too!

• 3 weeks later...