The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What Cellphone Do You Have?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o dear >.< i'm sorry, I didn't realise you had one. >.< But it's my general view of phones.

No problem, i unterstand haha ;P It's just that I prefer simple cellphones than the other ones like blackberries and iphone's

Can I just say, iPhones are overrated

I am now going to be attacked by people who have iPhones >.<

No you can not!!! Hahahaah jkjk Tom... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I live on my Iphone!!

I don't think iPhones are overrated. Yes they're expensive, but all smartphones are. They are a pleasure to use, have very responsive touch screens, an enormous selection of great apps, brilliant UI, and of course great Apple design. They were also the phone to basically start this craze of touchscreen phones. Yes, there were touchscreens before, but nothing quite like the iPhone.

My main criticisms are the rubbish battery (which is the case on all smartphones), and how locked down they are. I don't mind channelling everything through iTunes, in fact I actually prefer it to drag and drop as it keeps your media nicely organised. I also don't like how all the apps have DRM, however this is the case for all phones. I don't want to invest hundreds of pounds on the app store, only to get an android phone in 2 years time and have none of my current apps work. Thats why I tend to go for free ones.

Flash doesn't mean anything to me, I have yet to see it work reliably and fluidly on any other phone, and having it would only deplete my battery even further.

Can I just say, iPhones are overrated

I am now going to be attacked by people who have iPhones >.<

haha as long as you didnt start the blackberry vs the iphone debate we shall be fine lol

I don't think iPhones are overrated. Yes they're expensive, but all smartphones are. They are a pleasure to use, have very responsive touch screens, an enormous selection of great apps, brilliant UI, and of course great Apple design. They were also the phone to basically start this craze of touchscreen phones. Yes, there were touchscreens before, but nothing quite like the iPhone.

My main criticisms are the rubbish battery (which is the case on all smartphones), and how locked down they are. I don't mind channelling everything through iTunes, in fact I actually prefer it to drag and drop as it keeps your media nicely organised. I also don't like how all the apps have DRM, however this is the case for all phones. I don't want to invest hundreds of pounds on the app store, only to get an android phone in 2 years time and have none of my current apps work. Thats why I tend to go for free ones.

Flash doesn't mean anything to me, I have yet to see it work reliably and fluidly on any other phone, and having it would only deplete my battery even further.

i agree with everything you just said, i personally couldnt go back to a normal phone now having a iphone. i had a samsung tocco which was all touch screen but the fact that i got so bored with that phone within the month of getting it compared to the iphone 4, i have had it 3 months now and i love it and definitly find something new and awesome for it.

The batteries suck so badly lol but im used to their batteries sucking due to having ipods lol

Just to clarify my earlier post... I wasn't knocking the iPhone... I have a few friends with them and I think they are a pretty decent phone that looks great and the things that you can do with them is very impressive, but like my previous experience with the iPod, it's just not for me.

And Nokia is just a cheap make for people who don't have much money.

I have to disagree with your statement, I always get Nokia and it's most certainly not because it's "a cheap make for people who don't have much money", and in fact Nokia have some of the most expensive phones on the market, but they also do a lot for the lower end of the market too (aimed at the likes of my Dad :P) which I assume is what you are reffering to.

dude, it's not American, T-Mobile is a German provider owned by the Deutsche Telekom (German Telecom). :P It just expanded everywhere. Bloody expensive.

Well, you learn something new everyday! Lol. Thanks. :)

I don't find it too expensive, although my friends may agree with you. I like the service. -shrug-

I guess it all depends on our personal preferences. ;)

Samsung however has never failed on me.

I have a Samsung S8000 and you are right. I even slept on it but the touchscreen is still ok

I'm very pleased and it wasn't too expensive because I got it through my contract extension

Just to clarify my earlier post... I wasn't knocking the iPhone... I have a few friends with them and I think they are a pretty decent phone that looks great and the things that you can do with them is very impressive, but like my previous experience with the iPod, it's just not for me.

I have to disagree with your statement, I always get Nokia and it's most certainly not because it's "a cheap make for people who don't have much money", and in fact Nokia have some of the most expensive phones on the market, but they also do a lot for the lower end of the market too (aimed at the likes of my Dad :P) which I assume is what you are reffering to.

Most expensive i seen is maybe just over £300. That's it. >.< That's fairly cheap compared to other brands. (:

I wasn't making a dig, but, I do see how it come out. >.<

Most expensive i seen is maybe just over £300. That's it. >.< That's fairly cheap compared to other brands. (:

I wasn't making a dig, but, I do see how it come out. >.<

I know you weren't :P

The Nokia N8, N97 and N900 are probably the most expensive at RRP £420+. On the Carphone Warehouse (as example) only the iPhone 3GS and HTC Touch HD are more expensive although I am sure there are others too, but I do believe that Nokia are definitely up there. But when you look at the other end of the scale, £50 or less they are nearly all Nokia, so from that perspective then yes, Nokia is cheap and very affordable for people with a lower budget.

The C7 which is what I want is £359, although personally cost is never really something I consider when I buy a phone... not that I need to anyway because I always buy on contract.

just wanted to throw my bit into the nokia situation.

Nokia are a huge business, they also have a huge criteria to fit and those criterias are most probably.

Customers who buy smartphones

who buy business phones

who cant afford a expensive phone

etc...

So therefore Nokia will and have to accomodate to the buyers who want the expensive smart phones, and they also have the cheaper versions of their phones for people who cant afford or simply dont want a complicated phone. Overall, Nokia sell some very expensive phones but also cheap phones.

nothing however beats the iphone :D haha

just wanted to throw my bit into the nokia situation.

Nokia are a huge business, they also have a huge criteria to fit and those criterias are most probably.

Customers who buy smartphones

who buy business phones

who cant afford a expensive phone

etc...

So therefore Nokia will and have to accomodate to the buyers who want the expensive smart phones, and they also have the cheaper versions of their phones for people who cant afford or simply dont want a complicated phone. Overall, Nokia sell some very expensive phones but also cheap phones.

nothing however beats the iphone :D haha

I heard the Iphones amazing besides how it runs out of battery so fast

Thats because they're jealous that they don't own one. :P

LOL they have one. They said it's a brick and it doesn't do much, the battery life and they don't do everything a phone should.

LOL they have one. They said it's a brick and it doesn't do much, the battery life and they don't do everything a phone should.

It's not a brick. It's one of the thinnest smartphones you can get. Yes the battery life is poor, as is the battery of all smartphones, but what don't they do?

IPhone's, waste of money in my opinion... Oh! The power of the Bandwagon effect xD

It's true, they are popular, but they are brilliant. I'd say a fair amount of people buy them just to be fashionable, but there are people who use their iPhones to the maximum potential. I don't deny they're expensive, but I reckon mine is the best thing I've ever bought.

It's true, they are popular, but they are brilliant. I'd say a fair amount of people buy them just to be fashionable, but there are people who use their iPhones to the maximum potential. I don't deny they're expensive, but I reckon mine is the best thing I've ever bought.

Exactly, there are people who use their IPhones because they need'em (Business industry, mostly), but a lot of people don't, so they're wasting their money. They can buy some cheaper cellphones for the same purposes.