The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Favourite Quotes

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

"our death ray doesn't seem to be working. I'm standing right in it and i'm not dead yet" XD - Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

"Quack damn you!" - Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

"Am I missing an eyebrow?" - Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

"Holy crap!! Run!!" - Grant Imahara(Mythbusters)

"Milk gone off big time styley" - Stephen Fry (QI)

and loads from the Top Gear trio that I cant be bothered to type

Or are we talking proper quotes, like deep inner being stuff?

"Life is like a box of chocolate, we never know what we gonna get" - Forrest Gump

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

How much you can take, and keep moving forward" - Rocky Balboa

"I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. "

— Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)

"You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together."

"You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have."

"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Loves is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It dose not take offense and is not resentful. Love take no pleasure in others people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes."

— Nicholas Sparks (A Walk to Remember)

"They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other."

"People come, people go – they’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past."

— Nicholas Sparks (The Rescue)

"Do you want a cookie?

- What?

- A cookie. Like an Oreo. Do you want one?

- No.

- How can you not want a cookie?

- I just don't.

- Okay, fine,let's say you did want a cookie. Let's say you were dying for a cookie, and there were cookies in the cupboard. What would you do?

- I'd eat a cookie?

- Exactly. That's all I'm saying.

- What are you saying?

- That if people want cookies, they should get a cookie. It's what people do.

- Let me guess. Dad won't let you have a

cookie?

- No. Even though I'm practically starving to death, he won't even consider it. He says I have to have a sandwich first.

- And you don't think that's fair.

- You just said you'd get a cookie if you wanted one. So why can't I? I'm not a little kid. I can make my own decisions.

- Hmm. I can see why this bothers you so

much.

- It's not fair. If he wants a cookie, he can have one. If you want a cookie,

you can have one. But if I want a cookie, the rules don't count. Like you

said, it's not fair.

- So what are you going to do?

- I'm going to eat a sandwich. Because I have to. Because the world isn't fair

to ten-year-olds."

— Nicholas Sparks (The Last Song)

Some of my fav. quotes:

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it." - Terry Pratchett

"Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny." - John Hobbes

"In youth we learn; in age we understand." - Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell." - Thomas Fuller

i am A Quote Junky

"The first time you fall in love, it changes your life forever, and no matter how hard you try, the feelin' never goes away."

— Nicholas Sparks

"The pieces all fit together. Yet everything was falling apart."

— Nicholas Sparks (The Last Song)

He looked at her. She was pretty still, with thick hair and soft eyes, and she moved so gracefully that it almost seemed as though she were gliding. He'd seen beautiful women before, though, women who caught his eye, but to his mind, they usually lacked the traits he found most desirable. Traits like intelligence, confidence, strength of spirit, passion, traits that inspired others to greatness, traits he aspired to himself."

Knowing there's one thing I still haven't told you: I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen. "

— Nicholas Sparks (A Walk to Remember)

"My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah "

"A man who doesnt spend time with his family can never be a real man" - Don Vito Corleone

"You talk about Vengeance. Is vengeance is going to bring back your son to you? Or my boy to me?" - Don Vito Corleone

"I’ve got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don’t want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emanciated clones; I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionanted, original, funny - a thousand things, before ‘thin’. And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Parky Parkinsons. Let them never be Stupid Girls. Rant over." - J.K.Rowling.

Someday when he is older and he thinks back on his best days as a kid, he will think of this day, the day he was happy and safe and loved. That's a hell of a gift Nate.-One TRee Hill <3<3

Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will.-One Tree Hill

Realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure your still alive. Because you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion and fear? That's there to remind you, that somewhere out there is something better, and that something is worth fighting for.-One Tree Hill <3

Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they're afraid of falling getting hurt. Instead they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think that there is something wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. That is why we just have to be a little patient the right boy the one who takes a chance to find the good, right apple, will come someday