The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lauzzy, welcome back! I'm glad you're enjoying your new job :)

Ok, I was going to post my opinions on the movie in the DH thread but since most of the comments I want to make concern R/Hr I thought I'd post it here instead.

So MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING for the rest of this post.

Firstly, I loved it. The best by far, IMO, and the acting of the three leads was a hundred times better than we've seen before. Dan and especially Emma have improved so much and Rupert was at last given an opportunity to show his excellent acting ability beyond his usual comic relief. I thought the balance of the trio in this one was also the best we've seen since PS, with Hermione only getting more screentime/dialogue due to Ron being away.

As an adaptation I thought it was again the nearest since the first two. I think it helped that I knew some of the changes and cuts in advance so it wasn't a shock and was able to appreciate it for its own value.

Highlights for me were the opening scenes following each character and Xenophilius Lovegood, both for the Tale of the Three Brothers and Rhys Ifans (I may have imagined Xeno a lot older, but I don't care, Ifans is amazing). I loved the dark theme throughout the movie and unlike the critics, I didn't think the camping sequence went on too long. Maybe that's because I was expecting it to go on longer, but I thought it was fitting to the storyline.

The two parts that let me down were two of my favourite parts of the book: The Silver Doe and Malfoy Manor (which is why I'm posting this in this thread).

The Silver Doe - Actually, I thought this was done absolutely perfectly right up until Ron destroys the horcrux. I LOVED that they kept the 'Are you mental?' line in - I was waiting for Ron to say that for the second he pulled Harry out of the pond. The locket H/Hr I also thought was well done, and actually I quite enjoyed it. If I'm being picky I think they could have concentrated more on Ron's reaction to it, but that's not a massive deal.

The thing that annoyed me most about this scene was the aftermath of the destruction. I was all ready for a proper climatic bromance scene - the sort that Harry and Ron DESERVE after the treatment of their friendship in the series so far, but yet again, all we got was a comic one-liner from Ron. It may be in character for Ron to use humour in defence against awkward situations, but this was too far, IMO. He'd just come back after weeks, saved his best friend's life, destroyed his worst demons and all we got was a joke. There was no sign of proper forgiveness, no resolution.

I was also a bit disappointed by Hermione's reaction to Ron's return. The script was fine, I just felt that (whether the fault of actor, director, or both I don't know) it wasn't violent or spontaneous enough. Hermione seemed to hesitant to me, and her hitting Ron with his bag felt too choreographed,plus I think it needed to be longer before she turned on Harry as well. Hermione's emotions were clear, they just weren't intense enough for my liking. I didn't get the sense that she was out of control like I did in the books, and thus didn't get to see how much Ron affects her.

Oh, I'll just point out whilst I think about it that I loved the piano scene and the wedding. I actually don't mind Krum being cut, I think it would have been unnecessary and we got more of a coupley feeling without.

The other part that annoyed me was Malfoy Manor. Everything was fine except for Ron's reaction. I didn't think we'd be lucky enough to get the emotion from the book with Ron screaming and pounding the walls, but I expected more than we did get. Emma was acting her heart out (INCREDIBLE in this scene) and Harry and Ron are downstairs like 'Oh, Hermione's being tortured, but wait a minute while we say hi to Luna'. Don't get me wrong, the conversation with Luna was important (and I loved Evanna more than ever in this film) but I think it would have been just as easy and more appropriate to show Harry having the conversation with Luna whilst Ron was in the background screaming for Hermione. They didn't react to her screams at all, and whilst I was glad that Ron was the first to break out and run to her defence, I thought it was too little too late.

Oh, and while we're on this scene I must reiterate how much I love Helena Bonham Carter.

And Alan Rickman for that matter.

So yeah, overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. I nearly welled up at Hermione wiping her parents' memories and Dobby's death, which is a HP first for me, so if they get The Prince's Tale and The Forest Again right, add in the general HP-ending nostalgia and I'll be in absolute floods at the end of part two. :)

Lauzzy, welcome back! I'm glad you're enjoying your new job :)

O

thanks a lot :)

i just got back from seeing the film 4 real....

even tho it was in French i understood everything. I lovedddddddd it.

Spoiler-ish??

Malfoy Manor was amazing but COULD have been better. I agree with ^

the forum is so quiet these days :/ is it because we're kind of split over two forums? or are people just avoiding the forums for a moment because they havent seen the film yet and dont want to be spoiled?

Oh by the way :) Me and me friend have planned to road trip to London for the Part 2 premiere next year!

The french premiere was held in Tours last night, I was gonna go, but i had tickets to a pre-screening of the film so I went to that instead.

the forum is so quiet these days :/ is it because we're kind of split over two forums? or are people just avoiding the forums for a moment because they havent seen the film yet and dont want to be spoiled?

Oh by the way :)Me and me friend have planned to road trip to London for the Part 2 premiere next year!

The french premiere was held in Tours last night, I was gonna go, but i had tickets to a pre-screening of the film so I went to that instead.

You're so lucky!!! I'd wish to go too!

yeah it should be good.

im upset because I wanted to go see HP at midnight tonight (in english, as i havent seen it in english yet) and all of my friends planned to go and didn't invite me.

Looks like im seeing it on my own tomorrow then.

I promised Jon to share my thoughts on DH here so I’ll do now. But beware: It’s going to be a long one and full of spoilers for those who haven’t seen the movie yet. 

I loved DH1 with the exception of a few minor (or maybe not so minor) gripes. It’s a wonderful movie, certainly the best of the series so far in terms of acting, cinematography, characterization and truthfulness to the source material. Although I can imagine that non-reading viewers might have one or the other problem following the story because some things are not properly explained (i.e. the mirror shard, technical details like side-along apparition, the trace, the Fidelius Charm on Grimmauld Place, Harry being the “master†of Kreacher to name but a few).

I am a Ron-fan and as such it was painful to see how his character got shunted aside and dumbed down so much in previous movies. That’s what I will always thank Yates for (as much as I object to some of his decisions in DH *coughthedancecough* ).He slowly but surely brought us canon-Ron back from OotP onwards. We got clever, loyal, caring, determined, brave, angry, jealous, emotional, sweet and kick-** Ron in DH and Rupert nailed each and every scene as well as each and every emotion.

The gripes I have are with my two most anticipated scenes. Who knows me, also knows how much the Silver Doe chapter with the Horcrux destruction means to me and I have to say, it was hard for me to concentrate on the movie for a whole while after that scene, because I was so disappointed.

“They mucked it up. My favorite part and they destroyed it†was my first – admittedly very emotional – response. After everything has sunk in, I feel a bit better about it now. They really nailed the beginning, from Ron saving Harry from the lake and retrieving the sword to  the Horcrux taunting Ron almost verbatim from the book. I just find they should have concentrated more on Ron’s emotion rather than showing LocketH/Hr snog. I don’t mind the vicious, evil snog in itself, it’s clear it’s an evil vison and there’s nothing sexual, sensual or passionate about it, IMO. I just think, if it was shot this way to elicit a strong reaction from Ron, they should have actually shown this reaction. Rupert did great at showing Ron’s disgust and anguish turning into anger and resolve and then charge forward to destroy the locket. I just had expected a bit more. And I certainly had expected tears afterwards and the reconciliation between him and Harry. That was such a huge, important and pivotal moment for their friendship. I already knew we wouldn’t get the “she’s like a sister to me†line, but I could have lived with that, had the essence of that scene been kept intact. This scene has been as much about Ron overcoming his fears as it has been about Ron and Harry, the two best friends for years, finally really and truly understanding each other. We get nothing of that. Instead we get a supposedly funny one-liner from Ron “that’s three more to goâ€. Very disappointing.

Similar, although not to the same extent, are my feelings about Malfoy Manor. I wanted to hear Ron scream Hermione’s name so much. Again they watered it down. However, Ron was still shown to be effected and disturbed. And he was the one charging forward after they escaped from the dungeon. When Bellatrix threatens to kill Hermione he’s like “hell you will†or something like that. Made my Ron-fan and R/Hr shipper heart skip with joy. 

Needless to say, I love, adore, worship all the R/Hr scenes. Hermione running to and hugging Ron after the Seven Potters, the symbolism in her taking off Harry’s glasses when Ron had transformed back into himself. Them falling asleep almost holding hands, the piano scene, all the looks and touches, Hermione looking peeved when Mrs. Cattermole kisses her husband – err, I mean Ron LoL, Ron defending Hermione from Kreacher’s insults, Hermione being desperate when Ron is splinched, her running after him when he leaves after the fight, Ron practically declaring his love with his speech when he comes back and her looking like she melts but trying hard not to show it, her running to Ron and clinging to him after being tortured at MM, her seeking comfort and solace in Ron’s armwhen Dobby is buried.... :love:

And, maybe my favourite, although being such a small thing: Ron tenderly touching/stroking Hermione’s cheek after the attack in the café. *swwwwwoooooonnnn*

As for the non R/Hr related parts:

I found the Seven Potters hilarious (kudos to Dan here), the Ministry Break in was brilliant (extra kudos to the adult actors who played the trio). The Splinching scene was exactly as I imagined. The Harry/Ron fight is one of my favourite scenes too, maybe even my favourite. As sad as the whole sequence was, it was so strong, so intense and so brilliantly acted. I enjoyd the whole part at the Lovegood's house and I found the Tale of the Three Brothers was beautifully done. I wasn't bored forone moment and I intend on watching it again in the theatre. 

Acting-wise,it was also the best HP movie so far. Emma was fantastic, I think her best performance as Hermione. And Rupert nailed Ron. He was the best for me, but then again, I'm a fan and likely biased. 

This is an article about the H/Hr dance. Who wrote it is a H/Hr shipper, but I really liked what it says at the end:

"I would also like to note that after seeing the movie, that piece of me that had still thought Harry and Hermione would’ve made the better pair is gone. I know Ron and Hermione have had their moments before, but watching him describe how he knew that the light that went through his chest would lead him to her, and then later charge at Bellatrix as she was torturing Hermione, I finally felt how much Ron cared for her and, more importantly, that he was worthy of her."

Here is the link:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/21/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-harry-hermione-tent/

Sabine, I love your post and agree completely. My thoughts on the scenes you mentioned can be seen in my review a few posts ago, so I won't reiterate them now.

Luciana, thanks for the link. I don't agree with most of the article, but it's nice that the writer was able to appreciate R/Hr after DH - whatever we may feel about the scenes, it's nice to know that even moderate H/Hr shippers were moved by the R/Hr romance in the DH movie. Someone's doing their job properly at last, is seems. :rolleyes:

I just realised I forgot to comment on the H/Hr dance in the previous post so let me do so now. SPOILER ALERT!

As a scene in itself, I thought the actual dancing was lovely and I suppose it WAS nice to see a little bit of laughter in the midst of such darkness. In context, though, I had two problems with the scene. The laughter taking place at all was one, since it totally contradicted the book where Harry feels isolated and even distant from Hermione. This is especially true since it played so soon after Ron left; for me it seemed that Ron's loss didn't affect Harry all that much. Further than that, even, it implied he might go after 'Ron's girl', which is something Harry would NEVER do, IMO, no matter what the situation. It just implied they didn't need Ron at all, which is exactly the opposite to what we deduce from the book.

I didn't have a problem with Hermione's reaction in the scene. I think it was clear she was still thinking about Ron and even though she allowed him to cheer her up a little,her turning away from Harry at the end showed her where her feelings lay.

Harry, on the other hand, came across as completely out of character by showing an interest in Hermione. This is disrespectful not only to Hermione, who he seems to deliberate taking advantage of in her most vulnerable state, but to Ron, who he knew had feelings for Hermione, and especially Ginny, who Harry never ever swayed from in the book. I suppose it could be said that it was realistic for someone in Harry's situation to want to get revenge on Ron and comfort for himself by starting a relationship with the nearest available person, but IMO Harry wouldn't do that. He would have far too much respect for Hermione, for a start, let alone Ron and Ginny, to even contemplate blurring the boundaries with Hermione until he was sure of his feelings.

Edited by Dumbledores Woman

Sabine, I love your post and agree completely. My thoughts on the scenes you mentioned can be seen in my review a few posts ago, so I won't reiterate them now.

Luciana, thanks for the link. I don't agree with most of the article, but it's nice that the writer was able to appreciate R/Hr after DH - whatever we may feel about the scenes, it's nice to know that even moderate H/Hr shippers were moved by the R/Hr romance in the DH movie. Someone's doing their job properly at last, is seems. :rolleyes:

I just realised I forgot to comment on the H/Hr dance in the previous post so let me do so now. SPOILER ALERT!

As a scene in itself, I thought the actual dancing was lovely and I suppose it WAS nice to see a little bit of laughter in the midst of such darkness. In context, though, I had two problems with the scene. The laughter taking place at all was one, since it totally contradicted the book where Harry feels isolated and even distant from Hermione. This is especially true since it played so soon after Ron left; for me it seemed that Ron's loss didn't affect Harry all that much. Further than that, even, it implied he might go after 'Ron's girl', which is something Harry would NEVER do, IMO, no matter what the situation. It just implied they didn't need Ron at all, which is exactly the opposite to what we deduce from the book.

I didn't have a problem with Hermione's reaction in the scene. I think it was clear she was still thinking about Ron and even though she allowed him to cheer her up a little,her turning away from Harry at the end showed her where her feelings lay.

Harry, on the other hand, came across as completely out of character by showing an interest in Hermione. This is disrespectful not only to Hermione, who he seems to deliberate taking advantage of in her most vulnerable state, but to Ron, who he knew had feelings for Hermione, and especially Ginny, who Harry never ever swayed from in the book. I suppose it could be said that it was realistic for someone in Harry's situation to want to get revenge on Ron and comfort for himself by starting a relationship with the nearest available person, but IMO Harry wouldn't do that. He would have far too much respect for Hermione, for a start, let alone Ron and Ginny, to even contemplate blurring the boundaries with Hermione until he was sure of his feelings.

I agree with what you said. The dance scene was embarrassing, Harry was out of character, but at least Hermione was sad at the end. She missed Ron so much!

Ok so I had a page and my post I accidently deleted LOL.. anyway R/E OWNED this movie... as a R/Hr shipper my reaction: :wub::drool::excited:

Hermione in Malfoy Manor and Ron's Locket: BOTH PERFORMANCES WERE OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, UNREAL...best I have seeen from both. MM: Emma's screams will forever stay with me. The look between R/Hr as Bellatrix is about to kill her speechless. Hermione tbh looked like she was saying (with her eyes) "goodbye my love" and then Ron saving her-best best best-HERO RON (Hermione's hero!!!) "LIKE HELL"...Hermione in Ron's arms-him and her NEVER let go of each other for the rest of the movie-she was holding tight to him because she was def going to fall. The best part was him leaning his head on her head!!! Locket: RUPERT-his look of PAIN and HURT when Evil Hermione said those things The kiss-he was an animal possessed killing it at that moment. The kiss was meant to do one thing and one thing only: get a rise/charge/reaction out of Ron and DOES IT. Ron's love for Hermione VERY clear at this point.

Hermione and Ron together: :yesyes:

Dance: was NOTHING- Hermione's face said it all (GO EMMA).

Ron's Speech and Harry razzing him: :rofl: great buddy moment!

Ron's Speech and Hermione's reaction to speech: :wub: was SO sweet- I swear Emma looks like she was going to run and kiss him! LOL (same in the burrow- I thought they were gonna kiss!!)

Hermione attacking Ron- PERFECT-his reaction, her reaction-man Emma played "pi*&^% off WELL. Ron's look-"written all over his face" (you are SO right Emma girl).

Ron leaving :sob:--- was SO freakin emotional...Hermione going after him :sob: You wanted her to be able to stop him-her sadness/desperation in her voice.

Hermione's reaction to Ron being gone- again Emma AWESOME...you would have to be the dumbest dolt on the planet to not see R/Hr belong together during his absence. TBH even when Ron was gone, you STILL could feel he was there because of Hermione's behavior-sadness, longing, hurt, overall feeling of giving up that he was gone.

Splnching scene- EMMA EMMA EMMA... the pain, desperation, trying to keep her composure-touching Ron, shhhing him, keeping him still... I already have tears in my eyes remembering that scene- Rupert looked like he was in a great deal of pain :(

Finally-watch the last scene between R/E-SO SETTING UP for Part 2... btw the reaction VERY natural looking and not forced. Again Awesome work by these 2.

Hermione's Parents scene speech- Emma again just nails it...heartbreaking and really you do get the feeling she wont see her parents again-I think the spell is permanent.

7 Potters- Dan was HYSTERICAL.

Edited by cbmac12

THIS was Ron/Hermione- this whole movie- I couldnt have asked for more or even better moments- I think knowing what we will have to look forward to in Part 2 as the official couple makes me squee even harder LOL... seeing it again tom at IMAX!! :)

Sabine and Katharine, I agree with you both. Silver Doe was a HUGE disappointment for me in regards to the lack of a proper heart-to-heart conversation between H/R after the locket is destroyed.

Such a pity. Instead of wasting valuable movie minutes in that pointless H/Hr dance, we should have had what was crutial to the story and the evolution of the two male heroes friendship.

Overall, great acting by the trio though. Especially Rupert's. :)

Oh Luciana, the cafe scene- :excited: I was actually shocked when I saw that and was like WAIT WHAT!!! Did he just finally get to touch her!!! YES!!

Aww vida- what about the fight? I thought the fight was perfect...Rupert and Emma's acting there was unreal...the hurt on her face and the hurt on his face-you can so tell how much they love each other but because of that locket, it tore them apart (thank God briefly)...as for Silver Doe- yea I have to say Harry was rather cold to him...but I also felt like they were back to normal when "the lil ball of light" razzing started LOL

Vida what did ya think about the R/Hr moments overall? :) I was actually all like :whaa: NO WAY to all the goodies we got.

I was actually waiting for a Hermione in hysterics once Ron comes back - and that Harry was going to be forced to cast the Protego charm and everything!

Not only he didn't do that, but Hermione's wand was not even at hand! (WHY not is beyond me, as they were being hunted all over the place!!!)

Hermione's reaction to Ron's arrival was quite cold imo. She was angry, but distant at the same time.

BookHermione was only so after she shouted her heart out and attempted to kill Ron. I could see all her love for him in that moment. SHe was extremely hurt, but she loved him nonetheless.

But I only noticed the love from Ron's POV in the movie. I don't blame Emma for the interpretation though, but I truly think her reaction should have been over-the-top, as it happened in the book. It was short of that imo.

The cafe scene was good! Ron finally got to TOUCH Hermione...

But I'd wish we had more canon scenes between them. The classic 'Always the tone of surprise' was absent... :(

hey folks!

Ok so I finally saw the film in English - aha 5 days after seeing the French version!

I think it's safe to say that I didn't understand all of the French version - but most of it!

My Fave scenes ---- wow where to begin, I love Ron and Hermione after the seven potters --- when she takes his glasses off - it was lovely hehe.

The Cafe Scene ---- 'By the way, these jeans - theyre not my favourite' <- hahahaha!!!!

i liked the scene where they are in the woods and scabior can smell hermiones perfume - that was sooo well done.

the three brothers scene - WOW... amazing.. whoever thought that up is extremely creative - they style of it and everything.

and yes - the eagerly awaited malfoy manor - this scene i was so curious to see as I was wondering how emma would do it ----

her side of things lived up to my expectations and beyond - she was really into, genuinely worried for Hermione! Those screams...omg..

However there was no Ron going mad in the cellar :( Though the 'You let her go' was pretty good, i hoped for more :(

cant wait for part 2

I was actually waiting for a Hermione in hysterics once Ron comes back - and that Harry was going to be forced to cast the Protego charm and everything!

Not only he didn't do that, but Hermione's wand was not even at hand! (WHY not is beyond me, as they were being hunted all over the place!!!)

Hermione's reaction to Ron's arrival was quite cold imo. She was angry, but distant at the same time.

BookHermione was only so after she shouted her heart out and attempted to kill Ron. I could see all her love for him in that moment. SHe was extremely hurt, but she loved him nonetheless.

But I only noticed the love from Ron's POV in the movie. I don't blame Emma for the interpretation though, but I truly think her reaction should have been over-the-top, as it happened in the book. It was short of that imo.

I agree that the WB watered down this scene too. Hermione should have been besides herself with that mixture of anger and unspeakable belief. Like in the book. But I do think we see her love for Ron when he makes his speech. The look she gives him .... *sigh*

But I'd wish we had more canon scenes between them. The classic 'Always the tone of surprise' was absent... :(
But that was in the movie! Both times actually, just they shifted Hermione's "always the one of surprise" from the wedding to when they had fled to London. Ron compliments Hermione on her beaded bag and tells her she's brilliant and then she says it.  And Ron says it, like it was in the book, when he and Tonks return and Tonks gushes about him saving her life.   Edited by galadriel12

and yes - the eagerly awaited malfoy manor - this scene i was so curious to see as I was wondering how emma would do it ----

her side of things lived up to my expectations and beyond - she was really into, genuinely worried for Hermione! Those screams...omg..

However there was no Ron going mad in the cellar :( Though the 'You let her go' was pretty good, i hoped for more :(

cant wait for part 2

Yes, MM torture scene also lived up to my expectations in regards to Hermione.

But I also agree that I was waiting for Ron to loose it at some point, which didn't happen. The 'you let her go' line was not as strong as I would have liked.

In the book, both R/Hr were in pain while she was being tortured. Hermione suffering a physical pain; while it was an emotional one for Ron.

I was expecting that. :(

But that was in the movie! Both times actually, just they shifted Hermione's "always the one of surprise" from the wedding to when they had fled to London. Ron compliments Hermione on her beaded bag and tells her she's brilliant and then she says it. And Ron says it, like it was in the book, when he and Tonks return and Tonks gushes about him saving her life.

Thanks Sabine! I actually only caught Ron's turn so I was unhappy because I thought we'd lost half the importance of that line if Hermione wasn't saying it too.

I was probably looking for it in within the book context and certainly missed it!

I'm glad that line was kept, I'm really very fond of it - and now I will need to watch the movie a 2nd time to catch Hermione's!

I'm not sure if I'll do it soon though. I didn't quite like the non-canon scenes much, even if R/Hr were involved... I would have given anything to switch the piano scene for their dance, for example.

did you guys see this?

This is hilariously true! :rofl:

LOL!!! Classic pic above- yes Harry your timing SUCKS! LOL

Awwww Vida! I am so sorry ya felt that way!! I guess for me I saw it from a different POV- I thought Hermione's anger towards Ron was perfect-plus when you listen to her speaking to him, she seems to put aside her anger wanting to hear him speak but when he does, that's when she says "dont think that changes anything"- which I thought/felt at that moment was PERFECT- she was right sadly-he returns, she is shocked to see the Horcrux gone, nothing changed because when it was said and done Ron DID leave her after she begged him to stay! Now do I think Ron got what he deserved? Yes he did (he also needed to face his demons though which he does!!! :)) but you can also see the love Ron has for Hermione at that point and Hermione too- she was huffing and breathing hard, arms crossed, but you look at her eyes and wow she is def listening to what he has to say-the fact that she doesnt interrupt, just watches him-she easily could have walked away, looked down, but doesnt-she had all of her attention on Ron. That to me didnt show distance, that showed I dont know how I can trust you again but I still love you. At least that was my take :)

As for MM: Again cant get those screams out of my head. Emma wow :( You could swear they really were torturing her in RL!!! Anyway yes I wanted to see Ron screaming and losing it too-have to admit that BUT what I did love about that scene-1) Ron/Hermione were holding hands before he is taken away from her,2)the look on Ron's face as he is being taken away-he wanted to say something and couldnt because he was so scared for her, 3)"LET HER GO" if ya look closley, his eyes are glazed over like he has been tearing up, 4)the look b/w R/Hr as Hermione is lying there helpless and motionless-that look b/w them so screamed "goodbye my love" and "dont you dare give up"--it was the most unreal scene :( SO sad!!!! Then "LIKE HELL"-hero Ron and the look of relief on Hermione's face-the poor girl couldnt even say his name because she was in so much pain and tired and weak.

So all in all was it like the book those 2 scenes? No of course not, in fact I was waiting for Harry to say something to Ron after he killed the locket but didnt-imo it was Harry who was cold towards Ron, not Hermione. In fact, she reacted the way I wanted her to. With Ron's reaction in MM, yes would have loved hearing him lose it, but tbh I also loved his reaction to Hermione in the way they showed. Again this is all my opinion and for people who were disappointed or didnt live up to their expectations, I totally do hear ya!!

Edited by cbmac12

Agree 100% wholeheartedly ;) Like I said I loved every moment especially between R/Hr-their chemistry just SIZZLED on screen- even people who you knew were just movie goers loved their relationship ;) They would always cheer or make sweet sounds when R/Hr were together. They also got the most laughs- "let's vote", Hermione's anger at Ron and his return (it was really very sweet because you know the audience knew she loved him but was still poed LOL), and "midnight" and "always the tone of surprise"...for me this was the ultimate shipper movie (and we still have PART 2!!!!!! to have the PENULTIMATE SHIPPER MOVIE ;))anyway look at what we got with R/Hr-looks, stares, love in their eyes, the contact-Hermione and Ron hugging sigh, the caress on her cheek, the anger, the sadness, the sweetness, the fun, the concern (Ron's splinching :(, Hermione's torture :(, the jealousy-Hermione's reaction to the kiss CLASSIC/PRICELESS, Ron's jealousy. I mean for me it had every single emotion that had been lacking in HBP...we see the emotions from BOTH R/HR in this one---not one sided.