The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a long time but finally decided to join because I just saw the kiss!!!! Just got back from the midnight premiere and don't worry you wont be dissapointed. :D:ohyeah:

Really??? :0_0: Tell me everything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not deserting it. I think it's only Kristin who is. :)

Woot, woot. Great, Hermione. So we can go on discussing the awesomeness that is Ron/Hermione.

Ron's head blocks most of it though. But don't worry it's a lot more passionate then any of the Harry/Ginny kisses.

That's not much of a feat though. Considering that Harry/Ginny kisses have been not passionate at all. LOL I hope Ron's head, much as I love it, doesn't conceal everything. I hope we get so see at least a little bit of lip locking.

Ron's head blocks most of it though. But don't worry it's a lot more passionate then any of the Harry/Ginny kisses.

Again???? Why they don't put the camera at the right place?????? <_< It's ridiculous!!!!

I found this in a blog. It's sad and adorable at the same time :wub:

She hated him, although secretly wanted to be his friend.

She hated him, although secretly wanted to go to the ball with him.

She hated him, although secretly wanted to be the one holding his hand.

She hated him, although was secretly expecting him to return out of no where.

She hated him, although secretly all this time she knew she could never hate him and only love him.

I love them they are so adorable.

Yeah, Ron blocks most of the kiss.The best part was right after the water came down on them and they just went for each other :blush: But there where plenty of sweet R/Hr moments.

They both.in fact the trio- did a great job!

For most part I liked the movie-note-like-not love. <_<

Yeah, Ron blocks most of the kiss.The best part was right after the water came down on them and they just went for each other :blush: But there where plenty of sweet R/Hr moments.

They both.in fact the trio- did a great job!

For most part I liked the movie-note-like-not love. <_<

While I did want to see the actual lip action, I still liked it because of how full-on it was. I'd rather have Rupert grabbing her and leaning in too much/getting into it than something not as deep and we see their lips - like Harry/Cho and Harry/Ginny.

I agree rupert&emmagrint. I've seen the movie yesterday and I have to say I'm extatic. I LOVE the movie. It is really a good one. A memorable and worthy finale of the Harry Potter saga. I didn't cry though. Not even at the moments I had expected to. I got teary eyed twice. First when we see Dobby's headstone at the beginning of the movie and later when the Weasleys are gathered around Fred's body. Then Harry sees Lupin and Tonks lying dead in the Great Hall. Some fans complained we don't get to see them fight and die, but it was a very poignant moment.

The Prince's Tale was done terrifically although a friend of mine who has read the book complained it was too confusing and my brother who HASN'T read the book even thought for a moment it was hinted that Snape was Harry's dad. LOL Star Wars Reloaded or what?

I could go on with a movie review but this is the Ron and Hermione thread so I know what you guys want to hear.

I. LOVE. THE. KISS. And that's saying something considering how much of a canon-purist I am. I won't lie, it's not how I imagined but I sort of expected that in advance, so everything's fine. I am a bit .. disappointed isn't the right word.. I think astonished puts it best... that of all camera angles Yates could have chosen from, he decided to take one in which Ron's head blocks all the lip action. Seeing the final product, I get a bit annoyed with Emma and Rupert (don't worry, love them to pieces) for complaining over and over again how awkward it was and how wrong it felt. For all we know from watching the scene they could have just kissed each other's cheek. Although it definitely looks like a kiss on the mouth. No worries. :) However. THE KISS itself was forceful, spontaneous, passionate in its own way, cute and funny. And what's most important it was absolutely REAL and HEARTFELT. It doesn't compare to the H/Hr-locket-kiss in that the FakeHarry/Hermione kiss was just some distorted, unreal, shallow snogging meant to disconcert poor Ron, while the Ron and Hermione kiss was LOVE. THE KISS didn't get any cheers in the theater, but one huge "AWWWWWWW" and some "finally"s. I am sure ya'll be as happy with it as I am. :D

Edited by galadriel12

^ Thanks for the review, Sabine.

It's a shame about the camera angles, but as long as there's real feeling behind it I won't mind too much.

And if The Prince's Tale is as good as I've been hearing, I'm going to just die. :sob:

Toniiiiiight! :D Hopefully. If I can get there. And I know I'm watching it at least twice over the weekend. Oh the perks of working in a cinema haha :lol:

There IS feeling behind it. At least that's how I saw it. And the Prince's Tale is really done superbly.

This is what Entertainment Weekly wrote about THE KISS in their online review:

Ron and Hermione kiss like adults — then giggle with surprise like children

David Yates talked about deleted scenes. And here is one I'm sure ALL of us would've like to see in the movie. I hope they'll include it at least on the DVD:

Yates: There's an extended scene on the beach with Ron disguised before he gets to the bank and a lovely interchange between him and (Hermione).

David oh David. Why have you betrayed us R/Hr shippers again. *sigh*

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/ron-and-hermione-better-than-edward-and-bella

poll on whos the more epic couple of a movie series Ron and Hermione or Edward and Bella

I'm going with Ron and Hermione on this one!! They are way better than Edward and Bella

The article was amazing!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!! And yeah, Ron and Hermione are the best couple without a doubt!!! :ohyeah:

I was reading some reviews of THE KISS, and I must confess that I'm a bit sad for what I've read. Why we can't see them kissing? It's been 10 years of waiting!!!!!!!!!! I hate Yates!! :angry:

While I did want to see the actual lip action, I still liked it because of how full-on it was. I'd rather have Rupert grabbing her and leaning in too much/getting into it than something not as deep and we see their lips - like Harry/Cho and Harry/Ginny.

Yeah. I agree :)

Edited by hailie

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/ron-and-hermione-better-than-edward-and-bella

poll on whos the more epic couple of a movie series Ron and Hermione or Edward and Bella

I'm going with Ron and Hermione on this one!! They are way better than Edward and Bella

OMG. I wish they would stop this comparing already. These are two so different stories and I do feel sorry for fans of both series. Its like you have to choose one or the other.

Please do not take my post as a personal attack Courtney. Its not aimed at you at all!!

Oh well.

Back to topic Ron and Hermione. I love them so much in DH part2.

And the epilogue was so cute.Ofc I knew but still: They're MARRIED with KIDS!!!! :3m_sie: :ohyeah:

why couldn't you have waited till after the weekend..

I did say Spoiler alert.

Oh please, this video!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do this to me!!!!!!!!! I must resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0_0:

You will resist *slight hand movement* My young padawan :)

Edited by Little Dave