The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Not surpriced! Ron&Hermione won the couple voting: Ron&Hermione V Edward&Bella.

Follow us

Poll Results: Ron & Hermione Are More Epic Than Edward & Bella

By Scott Harris | August 12, 2011 |

They faced down dementors, giant spiders and cursed Horcuxes. They took on Death Eaters, basilisks and even fought Lord Voldemort himself. But now, "Harry Potter" heroes Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger have defeated the most powerful force of all: Twi-Hards.

The official results of our poll to determine the more epic romance are in and, with more than 170,000 votes cast, it wasn't even close, with Ron and Hermione trouncing the "Twilight" duo of Edward and Bella by a final tally of 59-percent to 41-percent.

Now the debate can really begin.

Not that there has been any shortage of debate on either side of the aisle so far; ever since we first announced our poll back in July, fans of both "Harry Potter" and "Twilight" have been weighing in with both their comments and their votes, trying to sway internet opinion in favor of their chosen couple.

And for many people, ourselves included, the decision of which couple to vote for was like asking which of your children you love the most; we're head over heels for both "Harry Potter" and "Twilight," which is why we wrote impassioned defenses of both Ron & Hermione and Edward & Bella when the poll started.

But after a month of debate so intense it actually came close to shutting down the government (that's what that was all about right?), the fans have spoken to the tune of 170, 423 votes -- and Ron & Hermione are the clear winners.

So hats off to our wizarding lovebirds!

From Mugglenet.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

RON AND HERMIONE FOREVER BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah: Ya wanna know why I am so pysched???? Other than that it is R/Hr hehe---because R/Hr were not about the sex-what makes them sexy is their love and care for each other and how much they would die for each other-truest sacrifice is giving up your own life for someone you love-not only did they win, they CRUSHED!!!!! Thank you Trixie for sharing this!!!!!! ;)

How do you explain Rose and Hugo, Krisitn? :o

I tease! I know what you meant. :doh:

yay! I'm so happy to see Ron and Hermione win this.. but really folks... was there even any doubt!? :rolleye:

Seriously you are SO asking for it!!!! ;) Ya know EXACTLY what I meant!!!! ;) LOL...btw again Ron/Hermione BEST COUPLE OF 2010/11....hey who wants to make a siggy saying that and showing the KISS in the siggy or something along the lines of TW sucks, R/HR ROCK!!!!! ;)

Jon !! Whats with the picking on the irish!!!! This means war! I agree with Kris everybody loves them because the way they care and the real love they share. They care about one another on a deeper level and while obv sex does come into it its not the main factor and it isnt used to sell their relationship! I lovd how their relationship was shown and potrayed in the movies the intense looks the subtle touches...

Edited by Tick tock

HEHE get him TT ;) LOL...but YES other than the fact that yes sex did happen (not in the last movie though until of course the years later LOL) it was not about that-that is why I love that R/Hr won-their romance was storyline B in the Potter series whereas the TW was all about romance. R/Hr WON 2 years in a row!!!!!!! ;) ALWAYS the BEST SHIP EVER!!!!! ;)

Given the fantasy aspect of each story there is one pervasive and obv. reason why Hermione and Ron win out here. The loving relationship between Bella and Edward in Twilight is as much fantsay as the rest of the story. On the other hand, the loving relationship in Harry Potter bewtween Ron and Hermione is very realistic and attainable. It's not something only a wizard or a vampire can feel. The love of Ron and Hermione is a very human love, that we can all hope to relate to. That's why it wins every day of every week of every year in a contest like that. :ohyeah::yesyes::ohyeah:

Given the fantasy aspect of each story there is one pervasive and obv. reason why Hermione and Ron win out here. The loving relationship between Bella and Edward in Twilight is as much fantsay as the rest of the story. On the other hand, the loving relationship in Harry Potter bewtween Ron and Hermione is very realistic and attainable. It's not something only a wizard or a vampire can feel. The love of Ron and Hermione is a very human love, that we can all hope to relate to. That's why it wins every day of every week of every year in a contest like that. :ohyeah::yesyes::ohyeah:

:3m_sie:

THIS is why you need to post more. haha :D

This! *Standing Ovation*

That video makes me tear up because of how much we knew from the start how much they belonged together-that is WHY THEY ARE BEST ROMANCE OF 2011-I mean the editing of scenes to match how much they were still the same from when they were kids to young adults-like Hermione running to Ron's arms this time vs. Hermione running to Harry and shaking hands with Ron in CoS...or my favorite-"dirt on your nose" scene switching over to "toothpaste" scene...this video screams Ron/Hermione Weasley. BEST SHIP EVER!!!!!! :ohyeah: Good post SS ;)

Guys, As i was re-reading PS book for the nth time last day, i just found something startling which i think was an indirect heavy clue dropped by JKR in the first book itself. In the book after the boys save Hermione from the troll JKR has penned :

""But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." --pg 179 (American Edn Last line in the chapter Halloween"

Now i might sound stupid but just look at it in this way. It was Ron who actually knocked the troll down(he did remember what Hermione had taught him :))

Harry stuck his wand into its nose.

So does it mean an indirect statement that Ron and Hermione would end up liking each other??

What do you think guys.. For me it's a clear clue dropped by Rowling in the first book itself...

Ya know what? It could have been ;) I do know now when I watch SS/PS and Hermione says and you are? I scream YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND when he says Ron Weasley ;) "I'm Hermione Granger, destined to become a Weasley's wife aka Ron's" ;) JUST PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Guys, As i was re-reading PS book for the nth time last day, i just found something startling which i think was an indirect heavy clue dropped by JKR in the first book itself. In the book after the boys save Hermione from the troll JKR has penned :

""But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." --pg 179 (American Edn Last line in the chapter Halloween"

Now i might sound stupid but just look at it in this way. It was Ron who actually knocked the troll down(he did remember what Hermione had taught him :))

Harry stuck his wand into its nose.

So does it mean an indirect statement that Ron and Hermione would end up liking each other??

What do you think guys.. For me it's a clear clue dropped by Rowling in the first book itself...

You are not stupid at all, rhrshipper. Many things are open to interpretation. I personally don't think this sentence specifically was meant as a direct clue to R/Hr. The whole troll incident always was meant for the trio to become friends. Knocking out the troll was a collaborative effort, even if it was Ron who did the actual knocking out.

The fact that he chose that exact spell to do so and that only hours before Hermione had "taught" him how to use it properly certainly was a hint. Ron - despite his teasing and eye-rolling - was always more prone to listening to Hermione's advice than Harry, who had a knack for doing the exact opposite.

Kristen, there is actually a gif from that scene somewhere.

I FOUND IT!!

ETA: Am I the only one who still finds it incredibly pathetic that WB hasn't managed to give us a R/Hr photoshoot for the last movie? I mean, honestly. Ron and Hermione are THE HP romance. They win out in polls against Edward/Bella. They win out in polls. The R/Hr kiss is high up on lists of not only best HP moments but also famous movie kisses of all times and so on. And the WB didn't use that for promotion? *shakes head*

Edited by galadriel12

You are not stupid at all, rhrshipper. Many things are open to interpretation. I personally don't think this sentence specifically was meant as a direct clue to R/Hr. The whole troll incident always was meant for the trio to become friends. Knocking out the troll was a collaborative effort, even if it was Ron who did the actual knocking out.

The fact that he chose that exact spell to do so and that only hours before Hermione had "taught" him how to use it properly certainly was a hint. Ron - despite his teasing and eye-rolling - was always more prone to listening to Hermione's advice than Harry, who had a knack for doing the exact opposite.

Kristen, there is actually a gif from that scene somewhere.

I FOUND IT!!

ETA: Am I the only one who still finds it incredibly pathetic that WB hasn't managed to give us a R/Hr photoshoot for the last movie? I mean, honestly. Ron and Hermione are THE HP romance. They win out in polls against Edward/Bella. They win out in polls. The R/Hr kiss is high up on lists of not only best HP moments but also famous movie kisses of all times and so on. And the WB didn't use that for promotion? *shakes head*

No, you aren't the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so upset about it!!!!! And I'm still waiting for the pic of THE KISS :sweatdrop: We know that pic exists, and I can't believe WB didn't release it!!!!! Pathetic!!!!

Hey guys-dang storms AGAIN struck us!!! My yard was FLOODED-looks like a lake right now!!! ANyway missed yall!!! ;)

Ok first off that video EPIC-R/HR ALL THE WAY BABY ;) Thank you for finding it!!! :)

Second, galadriel!!!!! HUGS!!!! THATS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! ;)

Finally, Luciana and galadriel-AGREE-we NEED PICS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WB SUCKED....

Is there really any hope of them releasing more pics at this point? :(

MAYBE when the DVD comes out? :/

WB was very disapointing in many respects when it came to promoting these films, esp the later ones. I think it's up to us as fans to let them know that we didn't get what we wanted. Ofc... I don't know how to contact that right people so it doesn't fall on deaf ears. :doh:

Oh and Kristin, everytime I look at your siggy pic I feel like the Ron/Hermione love is soooo captured in that moment. What an acting performance by Rupert and Emma there.

Oh and I hope you're out of harms way with the storms now Kris. My mom and my brother's houses got flooded. Not from the hurricane directly, but because of the stormy weather that continued the week after the hurricane. :(