The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow. that is a really great vid there, Luciana. Thanks for providing the link. If you see all these wonderful R/Hr moments compiled you just have to fall in love with them all over again. Really, it might not be this huge, epic, classical love story, just a sub-plot, but still so powerful and heart-warming and TRUE. i think it's one of the big love stories in literature and on film. :blush:

Oh, wow. that is a really great vid there, Luciana. Thanks for providing the link. If you see all these wonderful R/Hr moments compiled you just have to fall in love with them all over again. Really, it might not be this huge, epic, classical love story, just a sub-plot, but still so powerful and heart-warming and TRUE. i think it's one of the big love stories in literature and on film. :blush:

Completely agree!!! :yesyes:

Your whole quote made me tear up :sob::wub: Just SO spot on....

I think I often times discuss Ron a lot more in the Ron and Hermione relationship, because I like to identify with him and he was my favorite character along with Snape... and sometimes Harry. In considering Hermione though, there are some things that I always admired about her in and of herself. So it's not like I wanted Ron to be with her just so he could "get the girl" that he was after, but because Hermione and he complimented eachother in so many ways.

They are both passionate characters. Hermione is passionate in her studies, but she gives equal passion to their relationship.... sure that manifested itself in some fairly epic rows, but it was also manifest in the things she would do for Ron. Starting with wingardium leviosa (sp?) and when she would help him with his homework, and when she kissed him on the cheek to wish him good luck. Even in their arguments... the focal points of the argument was often times attention... whether it was Ron feeling like Hermione was not being attentive enough to him or Hermione feeling like Ron was not being attentive enough to her. Also, whenever Hermione was mad with Harry, the three of them stuck together... there was no flight... but whenever Hermione got mad at Ron (from the very first time onward) there was flight of some sort. I often wonder if that's part of why Ron left in the Deathly Hallows. I'm not saying it was the main reason, but when ever Hermione would get really mad at him, she seemed to distance herself. Maybe PART of that sat with Ron and he knew that for him... the hurt came from that distance, so his way of hurting back was to create distance. Ofc, that's not a mature way to handle things and Ron ended up spiting himself. I think Hermione used the distance more as an opportunity to refocus... but she was always task oriented, so that helped her battle or mask the hurt some. Ron would be much more likely to brood i my opinion when they were apart.

Another thing that's been discussed many times is what a strong female character Hermione is. Sure she is smart, but it's not just that. Time and again she displays how brave she is too. I think in the books, while Ron and Harry often rolled their eyes at SPEW... Ron on some level always appreciated and admired Hermione's determination and strength of conviction, even though he would keep that from Hermione and ofc in the books his acknowledgement of that is what finally culminated in their kiss. I always liked that it was a genuine sentiment that resulted in the kiss though too. JKR was very smart in realizing the importance of that. There were a number of occassions where Ron said something nice to Hermione with the express purpose of getting her attention or making her notice him.. she could have kissed him at ANY of these moments... and while she may have blushed or been flattered... she didn't. She chose to kiss him during that genuine moment when he was showing his heart for the right cause (and it didn't hurt that it was her pet project - which may not be the right term... but... for now anyway). That showed as much about Hermione as it did about Ron. It showed how well she could read him and understand his heart and his capacity for doing good and being brave.

I will always love the Hermione/Ron relationship.. esp. in the books. <3

Oh. my. God!! :lostit:

Rupert went for it!!! Good boy! ;)

:lostit: GO RUPERT! :P

I think Pottermore have forgotten I exist :(

Jon, as always, that was such a beautiful post. The distance thing is interesting - I've never really thought about that before. It's amazing, looking back, to see the consistency of the characters' reactions to different situations and eachother throughout the books. It's so real, you can tell JK knows her characters inside out.

And I love love love what you said about the kiss! That is indeed the main thing that makes the R/Hr kiss so special and so perfect for them. Sure, on the surface it's passionate and lustful and we-might-die-soon, but at the centre of it all it's more than that. It shows Ron and Hermione's deep appreciation and respect for eachother, and it is that, more than perhaps anything else which indicates the long and happy future together we glimpse in the epilogue. THAT is love.

I'm going to stop gushing now. haha.

@ Mr. Pumpkinhead, beautifully said! I never really noticed it the way you did, but it makes so much sense and I love it!

I have a little stupid question: Does anybody know why in the movie the kiss shows Ron on the left side and Hermione on the right side.. and here I see pics of Ron standing on the right side where he is much more.. going at it :blush:

Edited by Rose

Sry for double posting, but I came across this lovely and hilarious tumblr. If you don´t know it yet, visit it, it´s worth it :yesyes: :

http://askthegoldentrio.tumblr.com

It so spot on, the answers are so funny and so realistic!

Aww! Beautiful!! This is my fav:

http://askthegoldentrio.tumblr.com/post/10510085124

Omg those are hysterical ;) Luciana, yours was my favorite I have to say :)

Rose thanks for finding this!! SO SWEET TO READ!!! :) My other favorite is the amortentia potion one ;) hehe

RON/HERMIONE WEASLEY FOREVER!!!!! ;)

Laura, thank you so much for your message. :3m_sie: I received it, but real life is taking up so much time, I hardly find time to go online at the moment. We're very busy at work. I hope things will go back to normal soon and I'll be able to come here more often.

JON!!!! Your post was so beautiful and so true. I agree with everything you said. :yesyes:

I have a little stupid question: Does anybody know why in the movie the kiss shows Ron on the left side and Hermione on the right side.. and here I see pics of Ron standing on the right side where he is much more.. going at it :blush:

I think it's just another camera angle. As far as I know, they shot the kiss from all angles.

Just watched some Behind the Scenes of DH and I noticed one comment on Youtube, which says that it looks like Ron kissed Hermione on the top of her head on the beach when he comforts her.

I kinda see it, but it is so far away. And.. the camera was on Harry while that happened :yesyes:

Do you see it, too? Or just wishful thinking?

@ 1:56: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-IgBc_uCjE&feature=related

Ron DEFINITELY has his cheek pressed into her head and the look on his face-GUH-he really looks like he is afraid to let go of her :( Btw yet another FREAKIN GET OUT HARRY MOMENT-he is the worse form of birth control for them wouldnt ya say? ;) I mean interrupts them constantly argh...

Luciana- that gif of R/Hr----ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

When you zoom in (bless this button hehe ;)) Ron def has his cheek pressed against her head-you have to hit slo-mo too because dang Harry (love him but I wanted to hex him for interrupting them LOL) runs into their space blocking Ron. It is one of my favorite scenes because Ron's emotions at that moment scream "what would I have done without you in my life Hermione? I love you"....the scene between the 2 of them was just so spot on canon and just made R/Hr shippers scream with joy ;):ohyeah: (like this hehe)

Ron DEFINITELY has his cheek pressed into her head and the look on his face-GUH-he really looks like he is afraid to let go of her :( Btw yet another FREAKIN GET OUT HARRY MOMENT-he is the worse form of birth control for them wouldnt ya say? ;) I mean interrupts them constantly argh...

Luciana- that gif of R/Hr----ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

hahaha! Harry is 'birth control'! So funny, yet so true. :P

Nice vid--Luciana.

Does anybody have a still pix of the "All hell breaks loose" trio after escaping Gringotts?? Did ya notice Harry's

standing there half naked....and if you follow Hr eyes, they're looking @ Ron. He hasn't

even taken his shirt off yet?? She looks at him with anticipation. :yesyes:

Btw, what does she rub on Harry/Ron's hands, and why?? Just curious.