The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

did you guys see this?

Lol :rofl: Sometimes I want to kill Harry!

About Ron's return, I must say that I loved Ron's speach. It wasn't canon, but the way he declares his love for Hermione it was adorable!! :wub: "It was written all over Rupert's face that he loves her" ;) Also I loved the way Hermione looks at him: at the beginning she was very angry, but then, she was dying of love for him. It was a lovely scene.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I thought Hermione's reaction to Ron's return was perfect. She was the right level of angry IMO. In the book I thought they kind of played it for laughs a bit with Hermione looking like she was all happy and then attacking Ron. In the movie people only laugh when she starts hitting Ron with his bag or demanding Harry give her back her wand.

I also don't think like others posted Harry was showing interest in Hermione. I think he was just trying to cheer her up. That look on his face at the end wasn't disappointment. It was that Hermione was still sad.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652735/20101119/story.jhtml

'Deathly Hallows' Director Says 'Tender' Hermione/Ron Scene Was Cut

'They're both very funny in it, but it ended up on the DVD because the overall tone of our film is quite intense,' David Yates tells MTV News.

Now that filmgoers have finally had the opportunity to feast their eyes on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1," it's time for the inevitable overanalyzing of what didn't make the cut — specifically for the "Potter" fanatics, which pages in the book didn't make the film versio

When MTV News caught up with director David Yates, we asked him what cuts were particularly hard for him to make and which of those will end up on the DVD extras.

"There are a couple of things that we've lost that just didn't quite survive," he said. "I did this wonderful scene between Hermione and Ron. I wanted to explore their relationship a little bit more, so when Ron leaves it really breaks your heart.

"There was a scene we shot up in Scotland; it's a scene where Ron is showing Hermione how to throw a stone on a lake, how to spin a stone on the lake, and Hermione is being really girly about it. She's got a really rubbish throw, and she has to insist that Ron show her how to spin the stone to sort of entice tactility and physical contact, and it's a really funny, tender and moving scene," Yates described. "They're both very funny in it, but it ended up on the DVD because the overall tone of our film, as you know, is quite intense."

Yates went on to say that he had the scene in the film, but it just didn't quite fit. "We tried to keep as much of the stuff we felt was important as possible," he said.

Luckily for fans wanting to see that scene, they can look for it on the DVD.

"The DVD extras, I would guess there is about 10 or 12 or 15 extra minutes," Yates revealed.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/599542/david-yates-reveals-deathly-hallows-part-1-deleted-scene.jhtml

Edited by Occulus
"There was a scene we shot up in Scotland; it's a scene where Ron is showing Hermione how to throw a stone on a lake, how to spin a stone on the lake, and Hermione is being really girly about it. She's got a really rubbish throw, and she has to insist that Ron show her how to spin the stone to sort of entice tactility and physical contact, and it's a really funny, tender and moving scene," Yates described. "They're both very funny in it, but it ended up on the DVD because the overall tone of our film, as you know, is quite intense."

Probably this one :)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I saw that interview with David on Leaky and I reaaally can't wait for the dvd to come out lol :wub:

Ya know what? I dont know if I would have wanted that scene especially w/ the way the locket was hurting Ron- I think it would have made Ron look like a jerk to tell the truth- now the R/Hr shipper in me says WANTS TO SEE IT AND SHOULD HAVE HAD IT IN! LOL But I dont think it would have fit honestly.

Ok saw DH at IMAX today- it was the most incredible and unbelievable experience to watch- if yall can see IMAX, SEE IT. The line was HUGE-the show was sold out as I believe was the next show-huge line again.

Laura- you summed it up for me... they were SO ACE in this movie... the people in the audience I watched with- you could tell ADORED the R/Hr moments by their reactions...they laughed their bums off at H/Hr dance-I think mostly at poor Dan and his goofy dancing LOL You actually heard people go awwww when Hermione leaves looking sad, missing Ron. Those scenes were perfect-the lack of dialogue-Hermione NEVER likes to keep quiet- we know that LOL...so to have Hermione not say a word and Emma only express her emotions w. her face was ALL WIN. Emma nailed her performance of missing Ron. Btw everyone was very impressed w. Rupert's horcrux scene-you could hear them going woah...Ron coming back-everyone I think felt aww Hermione is going over to Ron and then BAM-the push, the leaves (I was laughing there-she was trying to use anything to throw at him LOL), the rucksack...then the wand-the crowd lost it-Hermione was not a happy camper LOL...they all loved Ron's speech- yes the look in Hermione's eyes was "I am so angry w. you but I am so in love with you and happy you are back but you will suffer a bit w. my anger" LOL People loved Harry razzing Ron and his lil ball of light speech and they adored Ron's speech ;) The audience loved Ron's voting and Hermione's reaction to it scene, the "midnight" and Hermione's reaction again-this was SO a R/Hr audience (as have the other theaters I have been to have been :))...not a sound was heard during Hermione's torture- will have those screams forever in my brain. The woman sitting next to me was like OMG and couldnt believe what was happening. When they showed the BL "tatoo" the crowd was all like awwwwww :( They loved it like mad when Ron came to Hermione's rescue... again PROPS to R/E during that scene- they spoke that performance with their eyes like no one else could. Also finally- the kiss- I felt the Evil Hermione calling Ron nothing was way worse :( The hurt in his eyes-OMG Rupert.

THIS is our movie yall- hopefully Part 2 will be double hehe the R/Hr moments ;)

Edited by cbmac12

I don't know, cbmac, I've always been quite vocal in saying that if they messed up with 'The Silver Doe' in any way, I'd feel shattered and therefore the movie would not be as good for me.

And, unfortunately, it happened. H/R conversation was completely ignored and therefore I was robbed of the greatest bromance moment in the series.

I just CAN'T ignore that, unfortunately.

As for R/Hr's reunion, as I mentioned earlier, it lacked passion. I wanted a hysterical Hermione and Harry casting the Protego charm and all.

From Ron POV, it was beautiful... and closer to the book, which I'm glad. :)

I agree with what you said. The dance scene was embarrassing, Harry was out of character, but at least Hermione was sad at the end. She missed Ron so much!

Agreed 100%. That dance was totally out of character. And innecessary too.

We had a great canon moment between H/Hr, which was the one at the cementery. Anything else, I am going to ignore not for the sake of my R/Hr shipping heart but because it was NOT part of the story.

Vida I am sorry :( I know that you wanted the Silver Doe scene perfect and sucks when we dont get the scenes were hoping for- I do agree with you 100% that for Harry not to have hugged Ron, showed Ron something that he was glad he was back- I did feel Harry was very cold towards Ron-why I dont. As for Hermione- she was angry-that was the right amount of anger-what I loved about it was that she was VERY angry w/ him and yet at the same time has this look of love in her eyes. She is shocked to see him back-angry w. him yet also relieved-I preferred this version to be honest.

I was thinking about the dance-as much as I dont like it either, I think they really did throw it in as a RON/HERMIONE moment-her me out yall LOL...you see H/Hr having a good time dancing and such but briefly- Hermione is still devastated when she is done dancing-reality set in. The look on her face said it all. Even the audience was all like hmmmm yup Ron all the way for Hermione.

Also everyone was so silent too during the splinching scene- Emma's performance- blew me away. The fear, the worry, the terror of knowing the love of her life could die all the while trying to keep it together :(

Ok saw DH at IMAX today- it was the most incredible and unbelievable experience to watch- if yall can see IMAX, SEE IT. The line was HUGE-the show was sold out as I believe was the next show-huge line again.

the first time i saw it it was in Imax - but it was the French version hahah!

it was amazing though

Vida I am sorry :( I know that you wanted the Silver Doe scene perfect and sucks when we dont get the scenes were hoping for- I do agree with you 100% that for Harry not to have hugged Ron, showed Ron something that he was glad he was back- I did feel Harry was very cold towards Ron-why I dont. As for Hermione- she was angry-that was the right amount of anger-what I loved about it was that she was VERY angry w/ him and yet at the same time has this look of love in her eyes. She is shocked to see him back-angry w. him yet also relieved-I preferred this version to be honest.

I was thinking about the dance-as much as I dont like it either, I think they really did throw it in as a RON/HERMIONE moment-her me out yall LOL...you see H/Hr having a good time dancing and such but briefly- Hermione is still devastated when she is done dancing-reality set in. The look on her face said it all. Even the audience was all like hmmmm yup Ron all the way for Hermione.

Also everyone was so silent too during the splinching scene- Emma's performance- blew me away. The fear, the worry, the terror of knowing the love of her life could die all the while trying to keep it together :(

It's OK, cbmac. I'll always have The Silver Doe in the books, to re-read and enjoy. No lame scriptwriter who is clearly not in the least interested about H/R friendship will be able to get that wonderful chapter away from me. God bless JK Rowling. :)

The splinching scene was good! Emma's performance was sooo convincing there. And Rupert too! Very well done by the three of them.

So true vida- that is very true- we will have the books always-but I know it is a bit of a letdown for a scene you hold most dear. But yeah after watching it again I was like-ouch Harry would you at least say I am glad to have you back Ron or she has missed you or she cried for a week when you left. Again I dont know why they left that out.

YES the splinching scene- again WOW blown away by Emma's performance here. I was fully blown away by Rupert's performance in the whole movie too as well as Emma's. They both just nailed their scenes. I think what really just proved to me once again about their amazingly hot chemistry w. each other was the fact that when they were even just sitting near each other or in the same scene not saying a word-guh that electricity-we would get electrocuted from that high voltage ;)

ya got it :) I have R/Hr love like mad!!! :)- I am on such a high from our movie-all the awesome R/Hr goodness-- what I love is with Ron gone-shows the audience how much Hermione loves him and how much of the glue he is to H/Hr... emailing ya now :)

You should have heard the audience groan!!! LOL They were all like noooo LOL... even though I knew it was coming I was still like nooo LOL- I think I was hoping for something more hehe... anyway when do yall think we will get a trailer released for Part 2? NOT R/HR KISS either-must be saved!!!!! ;)

it still cuts off at 'and Ron...'

i really wanna know what it is haaha!

im interested to see what this chase with Nagini is that Emma confirmed in an interview haha

also I wonder if the horcrux on COS will show hermione her fears??

LOL will try it again girl...

I loved Emma in that interview- "I am giving too much away!!" ;) hehe-- she loves R/Hr scenes ;)

As for CoS-I feel like it would be losing Ron-not being able to save him-like when he got splinched. What yall think?

Vida, I feel you. I'm the same about the Silver Doe. That is my absolute favourite chapter of the whole series. It's not only such an important chapter for Ron, but I think for the whole trio friendship, the R/H friendship and it's also important for R/Hr. By taking away the aftermath of the locket-destruction between Ron and Harry, they took away something important and precious. 

But I guess it was more important to show Harry hitting on Hermione.  :mad:

Nonetheless, I love the movie. And that says a lot about the rest of it. It's really so good that I think it's the best so far despite my gripes.

And it is a R/Hr love fest. Everything we'd  hoped for. Like most of you, I also feel my love for R/Hr refreshed. :D

I do understand why they cut the stone throwing scene. It would have somewhat contradicte Ron's mounting jealousy. But I'm banking on seeing it on the DVD. 

apparently,in the videogame for DH - Ron screams for Hermione down in the cellar -

it sems to have stuck more to the book dailogue, but has a lot of the film dialogue

heres a video if you want to check it out

Vida, I feel you. I'm the same about the Silver Doe. That is my absolute favourite chapter of the whole series. It's not only such an important chapter for Ron, but I think for the whole trio friendship, the R/H friendship and it's also important for R/Hr. By taking away the aftermath of the locket-destruction between Ron and Harry, they took away something important and precious. 

But I guess it was more important to show Harry hitting on Hermione.  :mad:

Nonetheless, I love the movie. And that says a lot about the rest of it. It's really so good that I think it's the best so far despite my gripes.

And it is a R/Hr love fest. Everything we'd  hoped for. Like most of you, I also feel my love for R/Hr refreshed. :D

I do understand why they cut the stone throwing scene. It would have somewhat contradicte Ron's mounting jealousy. But I'm banking on seeing it on the DVD. 

Completely agree.

I'm quite glad the stone-throwing scene was cut, actually. Not only would it contradict the build-up of jealousy, it also doesn't seem particularly canon-R/Hr to me. Hermione doesn't seem the type to play the dumb girl in order to get close to Ron.

Having said that, I'm glad it'll be included in the DVD extras. Best of both worlds :)

apparently,in the videogame for DH - Ron screams for Hermione down in the cellar -

it sems to have stuck more to the book dailogue, but has a lot of the film dialogue

heres a video if you want to check it out

Wow! It's very well done!!!! :yesyes: But the ending is so sad! :sob:

Agree 100% wholeheartedly ;) Like I said I loved every moment especially between R/Hr-their chemistry just SIZZLED on screen- even people who you knew were just movie goers loved their relationship ;) They would always cheer or make sweet sounds when R/Hr were together. They also got the most laughs- "let's vote", Hermione's anger at Ron and his return (it was really very sweet because you know the audience knew she loved him but was still poed LOL), and "midnight" and "always the tone of surprise"...for me this was the ultimate shipper movie (and we still have PART 2!!!!!! to have the PENULTIMATE SHIPPER MOVIE ;))anyway look at what we got with R/Hr-looks, stares, love in their eyes, the contact-Hermione and Ron hugging sigh, the caress on her cheek, the anger, the sadness, the sweetness, the fun, the concern (Ron's splinching :(, Hermione's torture :(, the jealousy-Hermione's reaction to the kiss CLASSIC/PRICELESS, Ron's jealousy. I mean for me it had every single emotion that had been lacking in HBP...we see the emotions from BOTH R/HR in this one---not one sided.

I agree with everything you just said. (:

Oh and that image is quiet funny.