The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Does the Ron Hermione kiss that WASN'T used in the filming count?

I just worry a bit that the directorial/editing decisions on the Ron/Hermione kiss may cost them the award, or make the competition closer than it should have been.

It would be really funny if they did win and then the kiss that was shown was the one that wasn't used in the final cut! :rofl:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon here is the thing about the non X rated kiss ;) the one we all saw...it was SWEET, LOVING, HOT, PASSIONATE, AWESOME...this was a first kiss that was full of passion, desire, love, and want. Their bodies were pressed together, not wanting to lose that contact. R/Hr didnt just want a liplock, they wanted the other to feel each other (well R/E did ;) hehe)...VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! :ohyeah:

• 5 weeks later...

I'm crossing fingers that R/Hr win best kiss. We have been talking about that for so long. Even before THE KISS was shot. It is a very tough competition though and - in all honesty - what I have seen from the other kisses, they are more ... "juicy", if you know what I mean. OUR kiss was over so fast, it was almost blink and you miss it. Stil, everything cbmac said about THE KISS is true.

I think the key to who will win the award will be the neutral voters. People that aren't die-hard Potter-fans or Twilight-fans. All Potter-fans will likely vote R/Hr. All the Twihards will vote for Bella/Edward. But many neutral people might be a bit tired of Twilight and Bella/Edwars who - I think - have won the last years, right? Anyway, I can imagine many voters who are not part of either fandom might be inclinded to give the vote to R/Hr or one of the other competitors. *crosses fingers*

Hey galadriel!! :) ya knows I love your comments/posts and I understand what you mean...but tbh and really looking at this from a non R/Hr POV, I feel our kiss was the juiciest out of everyone...The Vow, married couple...TW been there done that shouldnt have even been nominated...Crazy, Stupid Love was your typical revenge type kiss...HG was sorry just lame, no passion...R/Hr-10 years of built up sexual tension that was FINALLY released in that one moment-the moment where they finally knew they may not get another chance and they had to let the other know they are the love of each others' lives. The kiss was everything I expect from a movie couple, especially my favorite couple ;) this kiss more than exceeded my expectations-the hunger in each other's eyes, the devouring/eating each others faces not wanting to stop-that was a long kiss!!!! ;) not to mention, it was their first kiss...plus their bodies rockin back and forth...in all honesty, I didnt think it would be as hot or sexy or passionate as this, in fact I was somewhat shocked ;)

If we dont win, I will be extremely shocked-R/E and R/Hr fans alike spread word like wildfire on tumblr and twitter and FanFiction...it was beautiful watching all the fans band together. Win/Lose, R/Hr have 3 awards that will always be theirs: Most Romantic couple 2010, 2011, and all time (based on Forbes lists). That for me is more than good enough! :)

But I still am pulling for them for BEST KISS!!!!!!!!!! But I am still pulling for our BEST KISS WIN!!!!!!!!

Edited by cbmac12

Well ... looks like we didn't win. :( Twihards have done it again. :angry: How stupid is that? I am so sad right now.

Well, cbmac, of course you are right that R/Hr is just an awesome kiss. Full of love, devotion, releasing pent up tension and passion. And it IS juicy. I guess I just used the wrong word. They should have won. MTV awards are just stupid. *shakes head*

I am beyond pissed off about this..I know it is a silly awards show but for TW to win every freakin year especially BEST KISS? I mean ohhh Edward and Bella are kissing AGAIN...really? YAWN CITY.... <_<:mad::doh:

I have never employed the negative emos on here!!!!!!

RUPERT/EMMA BEST KISS FOREVER WILL WIN....again we have what those stupid TW couple doesnt have: BEST ROMANCE OF 2010, 2011, OF ALL FREAKIN TIME!!!

guys please don't get too bent out of shape over this. MTV awards should not be taken remotely seriously lol. There are so many people who make fun of twilight yet they still somehow win. A lot of people on twitter were saying ron/hermione shoudl have won.

Tbh, im more annoyed about breaking dawn winning best movie.

Well ... looks like we didn't win. :( Twihards have done it again. :angry: How stupid is that? I am so sad right now.

Well, cbmac, of course you are right that R/Hr is just an awesome kiss. Full of love, devotion, releasing pent up tension and passion. And it IS juicy. I guess I just used the wrong word. They should have won. MTV awards are just stupid. *shakes head*

well it could be worse. imagine if dan and emma beat twilight last year? lool

It's a bit disapointing but in my mind not winning an award does absolutely nothing to take away from the Ron/Hermione movie kiss. I *dont want to admit this* saw BOTH movies in the theatre and I can tell you all right now that the Edward/Bella kiss did NOT get any special reaction in the theatre from movie-goers. The Ron/Hermione kiss was cheered wildly both times I saw DH part deux in the theatres. The MTV audience is merely a fraction of the true movie-going audience, and true movie goers showed which kiss had "meaning" to them by virtue of their reaction in the theatre. I'm betting that others who may have seen both movies can relate similar experiences.

I'd love to hear Rupert and Emma defend the kiss now though. They are both passionate advocates for HP over Twilight.

Cheers, wolf-whistles and a couple of "Finally"s: that's what THE KISS got in our theater.

I know the MTV awards can't be taken seriously and I certainly do that. I just think it would have been so very nice had they won. Just some fun acknowledgement, if you know what I mean. ;)

i haven seen any twilight movies but i hear that all the rob and kristen kisses are pretty cringeworthy and weak? lol

anyway, i thought this was cute and might cheer some people up? Emma talking about rupert

http://fleetothemountains.tumblr.com/post/24504732998/honestly-i-love-rupert

That's so sweet!! I hope they will spend some time meeting each other :)

Btw, what interview is it? I can't find it on YouTube…

Sorry for the double post but HAD to share this-was amazon and look what I found ;)

The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the film all Harry Potter fans have waited 10 years to see, and the good news is that it's worth the hype--visually stunning, action packed, faithful to the book, and mature not just in its themes and emotion but in the acting by its cast, some of whom had spent half their lives making Harry Potter movies. Part 2 cuts right to the chase: Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) has stolen the Elder Wand, one of the three objects required to give someone power over death (a.k.a. the Deathly Hallows), with the intent to hunt and kill Harry. Meanwhile, Harry's quest to destroy the rest of the Horcruxes (each containing a bit of Voldemort's soul) leads him first to a thrilling (and hilarious--love that Polyjuice Potion!) trip to Gringotts Bank, then back to Hogwarts, where a spectacular battle pitting the young students and professors (a showcase of the British thesps who have stolen every scene of the series: Maggie Smith's McGonagall, Jim Broadbent's Slughorn, David Thewlis's Lupin) against a dark army of Dementors, ogres, and Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter, with far less crazy eyes to make this round). As predicted all throughout the saga, Harry also has his final showdown with Voldemort--neither can live while the other survives--though the physics of that predicament might need a set of crib notes to explain. But while each installment has become progressively grimmer, this finale is the most balanced between light and dark (the dark is quite dark--several familiar characters die, with one significant death particularly grisly); the humor is sprinkled in at the most welcome times, thanks to the deft adaptation by Steve Kloves (who scribed all but one of the films from J.K. Rowling's books) and direction by four-time Potter director David Yates. The climactic kiss between Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson), capping off a decade of romantic tension, is perfectly tuned to their idiosyncratic relationship, and Daniel Radcliffe has, over the last decade, certainly proven he was the right kid for the job all along. As Prof. Snape, the most perfect of casting choices in the best-cast franchise of all time, Alan Rickman breaks your heart. Only the epilogue (and the lack of chemistry between Harry and love Ginny Weasley, barely present here) stand a little shaky, but no matter: the most lucrative franchise in movie history to date has just reached its conclusion, and it's done so without losing its soul. --Ellen A. Kim

That just made me smile...hate to agree with her about Harry and Ginny too-lack of chemistry was huge. I mean when Ginny sees Harry after the attack (7 Potters) she doesnt even hug him)...in the meantime, we have Hermione jumping in Ron's arms when he arrives. I feel for the H/G shippers. BUT R/Hr shippers-bless R/E for their AWESOME and AMAZING on/off screen chemistry :)

You my friend come up w. the BEST finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) LOOK AT THOSE LOOKS!!!! I miss them too....so much!! :)

Yeah! That pic is beautiful and Emma is blushing!! :blush:

• 1 month later...

New old R/Hr pic!!!! :happydance:

http://mytimeisright...-cine-marcado-x

I miss them...

Awwwwww, that's so .... awwwwwww.

Just the other day I was thinking how much I miss the shipping actually. Talking about R/Hr, how they became friends, fell in love, their development throughout the books and the speculation about their life after the series ended.

And there is something else. Maybe one of you can help me. I have a problem with Pottermore. I am stuck at Chapter 5, Diagon Alley. The rest is locked for me. I can't proceed. I have gone through the first four chapters several times. I have read every tiny bit of information more than once. I have collected all items I could find, but I just cannot enter Gringotts let alone shop at Ollivanders'. Have I overlooked something? How am I supposed to get my wand, to go to Hogwarts, get sortet, earn house-points, proceed in the story ...? I wanted to write to the admins or some kind of help desk, but there is no function for that either. It's frustrating and I am about to give up. :unsure::angry::(:sob:

Edited by galadriel12
  • 3 weeks later...