• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQsObL2y_xY&feature=g-vrec

My favorite fictional couple ever! :)

Tiny Ball of Light

I don't know if the Tiny Ball of Light was made in any way to poke fun at the shipping community. Maybe that's just paranoia, but if it was, it's even better how the whole shipping community took to it and loved it! We can laugh at ourselves a bit, and still love the Ron/Hermione relationSHIP!

IS DEAD....btw this should SO be in R/E thread...;) Emma's "you are NOT going to be around" to Dan was HYSTERICAL...R/E are SO shy and cute in this....btw siblings thing, yeah as someone commented before "not siblings anymore after that kiss" ;) "He's a nice kisser" ;) Everything from the BTS kiss was pure gold...the way they look at each other...so beautiful. We love them!!!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

"He's a nice kisser" ;) Everything from the BTS kiss was pure gold...the way they look at each other...so beautiful. We love them!!!! ;)

Did she really say that? (haven't watched the clip yet) If she did, then it's way better than "it was the most horrible thing I ever had to do" or whatever the words were she used in that one show. Poor Emma. Got so much flack for that sentiment, but of course we know it's not because Rupert is a bad kisser or because she doesn't like him (as a friend. I don't ship them ;) ). It was just that it was such an awkward situation for both of them. And it was Emma's first onscreen kiss. A very difficult situation for her which she dealt with gracefully.

Btw, where is everyone? I know I am not on here very often either. Real life is so busy. But there is just one thing I have to say: I love all my fellow HeRons on here and I LOVE R/HR. <3

Okay, for some reason I have problems editing my previous post, so here it goes:

I have just watched the bts clip of THE KISS and still, for the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't take another shot from another angle for the movie. One in which you can actually see how passionate and HOT the kiss was. Not one in which Ron/Rupert's head is blocking the view. I mean, come on. Emma says it herself in the clip, they just almost died. They have years of pent-up tension and we get such a short smooch in which you can hardly see anything. For what we know, it could have been a peck on the cheek. Who would know what goes on behind the back of Ron/Rupert's head?

Edited by galadriel12

ROFL!!! DEE....that was too funny ;) Anyone else just missing R/Hr...I would LOVE to have seen them like from ages 18-giving birth to Hugo ya know? :)

I am watching DH 1 right now...I lose it when we see Ron looking at Hermione down on the ground in pain :sob:

The look on Hermione's face-looks like she is saying "goodbye my love" :( That look kills me...then when we see Ron standing there not being able to do anything when Bellatrix has the knife to her throat :( It's just so freakin sad....he knows he rushes Bellatrix, that knife would kill her :( This scene absolutely broke my heart.

Edited by cbmac12
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you all notice every time HR makes her entrance in the movies, she's always w/the Weasleys?? She

just happens to be at the Burrow/or House of Black. I think JKR was setting the table early

on for their marriage. <_<

With the books Hermione was often times at the Burrow before Harry got there too. I know Harry was delayed by living with the Dursley's and all, but ITA Dee, with the books and the movies Hermione was always eager to visit the Weasleys.

Oh and Kristin. I totally DO NOT want to see the birth of Hugo. >.< *passes out* If they create that movie scene let me know so I can leave for a snack-bar break. >.<

ROFL!!! WOOSE!!!! ;) I dont mean SHOWING the birth itself!!! jon!! LOL...

DEE good catch!!! Yeah I mean Hermione was pretty much away from her muggle roots by OOTP (she was staying with the Weasleys at Christmas time for goodness sake)...she was with the Weasleys in PoA...the Weasleys were talking to Hermione's parents in CoS (this always made me smile because I am like now AWWWW the future in laws are talking :))...GoF, she was there for the match (considering Hermione doesn't really like Quidditch, she went)...HBP-there with Ron ;) DH...sadly lost her parents and was with her new parents (in laws)...interesting catch Dee-good eyes! I dont think I ever truly realized that until I was writing my comments! :)

DW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We miss ya too girl!!!!!! :) How are you!!! Where's galadriel these days too?

I KNOW I about passed out when I saw the BTS kiss too----HELLO R/Hr!!!!!!!! ;) are we SURE after seeing passion like this from our couple they didnt have twins later on? ;) I swear they wind up with 4 or more LOL-can you imagine? twin brown haired girls who are exactly like Fred and George in personality? Their mother would be dying! LOL Their father would be all proud hehe...

• 2 months later...

Haven't had time to come here regularly, but thanks to Jon sending me a comment, I am here now. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Holidays.

About Hermione being with the Weasleys before Harry appears: I think JKR wanted to make clear early on that Hermione was friends with Ron too and not just because Ron was friends with Harry. R/Hr had their own, independent friendship. Of course it was a hint at their later romance also. But Ron and Hermione were friends first before they fell in love. I remember during the shipping discussions (no, I don't want to start a new one, just reminisce about it) shippers from the other side claimed Hermione was only friends with Ron for Harry's sake. She merely put up with him and all that bla bla. The fact that Hermione stayed with the Weasleys BEFORE Harry even showed up was a good counterargument. :king:

Sabine! :ohyeah::hug:

Totally agree, one of the saddest parts of the debates of old for me was some arguments which denied R/Hr even having an independent friendship, let alone a romance. It is quite a shame in a way, since we see them mostly from Harry's POV, that readers can see little of R/Hr's friendship on their own, but whether you think them suited romantically or otherwise, to deny their friendship not only undermines the relationship between the two of them, but the relationship between the whole trio, which is integral to the story. As adorable and lovable as the romances of the series are, a theme perhaps more key to the series than romantic love, is friendship. JKR makes very clear the immense value of friendship to Harry and his quest, establishing this moreso when she shows them occasionally break down. Ron and Hermione clearly have their ups and downs (as all friends do) but to say that there is no real friendship there AT ALL is not only misunderstanding the characters, but really misunderstanding one of the central themes/points of the story which JKR was trying to make.

In other news, I miss you guys, COME BAAAAAAACK! :sob:

Katherine!!!! :hug::D It's so good to see you're still around. So many seem to be missing. I guess it's normal that things have become more quiet 5 years after the final book and almost 2 years after the final movie. How can we revive this thread?

It was so sad to see people deny that R/Hr had so much as a friendship just to strengthen their H/Hr arguments. I never understood why Ron as a character and his friendship with Hermione had to be put down in order to argue for H/Hr. I guess these people saw Ron as a threat because deep down they realized it was R/Hr after all? But, oh well, those discussions are long over. There is no denying it: Ron and Hermione are one of the cutest and best fictional couples.

And, Katherine, I absolutely agree with this sentence of yours: "As adorable and lovable as the romances of the series are, a theme perhaps more key to the series than romantic love, is friendship."

I absolutely adore the trio friendship (and the later on the friendship they formed with Neville, Ginny and Luna too). I think this friendship, the love he felt for them, was one of the strongest driving forces behind Harry's actions and decisions. I think this friendship saved his life so many times.

Katharine and Sabine!!! A belated Happy holidays my buddies!!! :)

I am sad too that the thread is slow but I think we can jumpstart it by discussing the R/Hr timeline from the beginning :)

Ron and Hermione are one of the cutest and best fictional couples. UNDERSTATEMENT ;)

And, Katherine, I absolutely agree with this sentence of yours: "As adorable and lovable as the romances of the series are, a theme perhaps more key to the series than romantic love, is friendship."

THIS. The one thing I loved about R/Hr from the start was not just how cute they were together, but their friendship with each other. R/Hr totally had an independent relationship from Harry-watch how especially by PoA time they are going to Honeydukes together, the Shrieking Shack-if they were not friends, they wouldnt have done these things together. Look too how Ron realizes (here is the start of our discussion yall ;))...in year one that Hermione was not just annoying him or a "nightmare"-that really she was someone who was just very intelligent and clever but didnt have any true friends. It was not until the troll when Ron says "what are friends for" that Hermione sees "wow, these 2 guys really do care about me". I sometimes wonder if Harry had been the one to say "no wonder she has no friends" if she would have reacted the same way she does to Ron saying it. You can tell she is some way wanted Ron's "approval" so to speak but also wanted badly to become friends with him. The question is why would she want to become friends with a guy (hey I know he was only 11 LOL) who was so mean to her? She saw a boy who had a nice heart and was loyal to Harry. What say you all for year one? :)

Aw I miss this place, and you guys!

You're totally right, the thing about Ron and Hermione is that they always got to eachother, right from the beginning. In one way or another they could always push eachother's buttons. Sure at first (in fact, quite often) they could push the wrong ones, but the fact that two people - especially children - could have so much impact on eachother which even they couldn't begin to understand at the time, is a great foreshadowing of their chemistry, dynamic and relationship to come.

And I had almost forgotten about their Hogsmeade trips! Or what I like to call their sneaky first dates :P

Teehee their secret first dates is the perfect way to describe their uh outings to Hogsmeade ;) I love is when Harry was not with them-I mean I love the trio but seeing R/Hr together before they became a couple was just fun to watch-like when Ron tells Hermione shes the most wonderful person hes ever met in OOTP was so freakin sweet. Them becoming friends was so beautiful but them becoming a couple was the most beautiful thing EVVVVVEEEEER ;)

Katharine, I know I miss this thread-revive time!!! Good way to start off 2013 eh guys :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is what someone posted from tumblr---they couldnt be more RIGHT!!!!!!!!

I get very emotional when I think about this scene. If you notice, before Ron rescue Hermione, she seems very apathetic, without any emotion. Probably hopeless and waiting for death. Then she hears his voice. His voice. The love of her life. And her eyes instantly comes to life. It’s beautiful. (stated by post from tomhiddles)

This is credited to my awesome friend otterly-brilliant tumblr (the gifs above).

I couldnt agree more with this statement...when Hermione is shown close-up-her face is so defeated and so lost. It literally looks like she is saying "good-bye my love...also take care of Harry". When she sees Ron racing from the stairs, her eyes come back into focus. This was one of many of Emma's amazing performances in DH 1-her eyes said it all. Let's not forget our ginger hero/knight-not caring that he could die too as long as he saved the love of his life. He didnt think about anything else except getting to Hermione. FREAKIN LOVE THEM! :ohyeah::yesyes:

Edited by cbmac12
  • 2 months later...

I would just like to point out that it is 15 years today since the Battle of Hogwarts and Ron and Hermione's first kiss in the Chamber of Secrets! <3

NERD! :puh:

Well spotted, at that! :o :P

I always liked that while the books took off in popularity with the generation after mine, that the characters themselves were actually right about my age. :king:  :yesyes: Just a couple years younger than me.