The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Here is one of my all time fav gifs...the look in Ron's eyes-so loving and sweet.... when he returns-he is SO sorry that he left her-that he did a lot of thinking while trying to get back to her and Harry (especially her)...he is a man who is saying with those eyes 'I am so sorry, I was wrong for having left you (and Harry), and I want you in my life forever...I love you Hermione'.

Then Hermione: her expression here kills me...it's her eyes saying 'I know you are back, I am glad you are safe and back, but I don't know if I can trust you...you shattered my heart and I don't know if I want to take that chance again...but you are the love of my life and know you will never hurt me again'.

ROMIONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Credit to bloody brilliant tumblr :-)

Edited by cbmac12
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those gifs are beautiful Kristen!

I rewatched all the films recently in preparation for yesterday's trip to the WB Studio Tour (Merlin's pants, if anyone in the UK hasn't been yet, you HAVE TO GO!) and rewatching them altogether for the first time in quite a while made me look at everything slightly differently, including the R/Hr relationship in the movies. In the past, with everything that's gone on in fandom, I along with other shippers have felt R/Hr and Ron were not completely done justice in favour of pushing H/Hr into more prominence. Whilst to an extent I still agree with this - there are certain camera angles, for example, where I just feel like 'WHY does Ron have to be cut out here? WHY was it necessary to keep putting Hermione at the forefront of the shot?' etc, I actually feel that viewing them as a whole, this is less of an issue than I saw it to be at first. To me, it remains perfectly clear that Ron and Hermione like/love each other and Ron is integral to the trio. Whilst the balance isn't quite as accurate as I'd like it to be, I am actually really happy with the way R/Hr's relationship is presented in the movies. I think they capture both the way they can have fun together (such as the piano scene in DH1) and their heated debates pretty well. They rarely smile in the same way with anyone else as they do around each other. So I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say here, except that I have found a new level of appreciation for movie- R/Hr. :)

And just in case there is anyone still interested, I have a surprise rare fanfic update! *points to sig* :)

I think they capture both the way they can have fun together (such as the piano scene in DH1) and their heated debates pretty well. They rarely smile in the same way with anyone else as they do around each other. So I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say here, except that I have found a new level of appreciation for movie- R/Hr. :)

OMG APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) I love your WHOLE post DW, but THIS part here I captured is my fav part....R/Hr relationship was never forced...it happened naturally which is why they FREAKIN have belonged together since DAY ONE. ;)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Btw have to post this:

Just says it all:

I get very emotional when I think about this scene. If you notice, before Ron rescue Hermione, she seems very apathetic, without any emotion. Probably hopeless and waiting for death. Then she hears his voice. His voice. The love of her life. And her eyes instantly comes to life. It’s beautiful.

This was from bloody brilliant tumblr....this comment says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sob:  :wub: 

Hello all.

I have been a hard core R/Hr Shipper, right from when I read the first Harry Potter Book.

Even though I have rarely posted in this thread, I have been following this thread for a very long time, and it is very nice to read through your discussions and your varied approaches about the relationship.

I love the way the relation has been developed by JKR- she is an amazing author, from small fights to jealousy to friendship to finally falling in love. I am not a great fan of the movies, I am a book purist. The most striking aspect about this relationship is that it is very realsitic, it is pure love, affection and care, rather than mere physical attraction. In spite of Ron, not being the smartest or the most handsome boy, Hermione still fell for him, Likewise, in spite of Hermione not being the most beautiful girl(well at least according to the books), Ron fell for her. That shows us that how intense the love is. Each and every one of us can patronize a Ron or Hermione is ourselves, and is very easy to relate to them.

According to me R/Hr is the best ever romantic couple in a book, and thanks to JKR for portraying the evolution of their relationship in such a fanstastic and realistic manner.

R/HR Forever...

^ Welcome to the forum! I love your post. Ron and Hermione are definitely (IMO) easy characters for anyone to relate to. In fact, I think part of why the HP books are so popular is down to the thorough development of realistic characters whom the readers can identify with. One thing I've always loved about R/Hr's relationship is that it is REAL. It's not all perfect for the time, they're not always (if ever lol) all loved up, they have their differences and they have to work through them, along with their own insecurities in order to grow up and come together.

rhrshipper: I tend to be pretty wordy in a lot of my posts...thank you for succinctly capturing everything that book Ron and Hermione are about.  I don't know that there is anything to add to what you said that could any better capture the essence of their relationship.   (So of course I'll add.. beacause it's what I do... sighs)  To me it's the heart of my Harry Potter experience.  While the wonderfully and intricately desinged story that Jo Rowling created is the mind and the spirit in many respects of my HP journey... the heart of it is, was and always will be the relationship that Ron and Hermione share.  This could perhaps be taken the wrong way and yet for me their relationship is flawed but at the same time perfect. 

katharine: I have actually been watching the movies recently too, go figure?  I had watched 1,4,5 and 6 before you had posted about watching them with your bf recently.  Tonight I watched DH part 1.  I agree with what you said regarding their movie relationship.  While I will never love it as much as I loved the book R/Hr relationship, their love for one another was done justice throughout the movies. Even moments that bothered me in the past, like Harry's dancing with Hermione after Ron had left took on a different (and probably the intended) meaning this time for me.  It came off much more like Harry trying to cheer up Hermione than Harry trying to make a move behind Ron's back... the way I originally viewed the scene.  I guess all I can say to that is that time often helps to create some perspective and remove us from the emotion of our intial reactions.  The movies as a whole make several nods to the Ron and Hermione relationship that fit in with it as an important but ancillary part of the story.  While I might have wished for the writers to indulge a bit more in some of the "book moments", choices have to be made when making a movie and moving the story in a direction that all movie-goers could enjoy neccesitated some of the decisions that were made. 

On a side note the one part of the movie I still have trouble coming to grips with a bit more is the Ron and Harry relationship.. but that's for another thread.  I should note that in truth I have softened my stance there too, but not to the degree I have with the Ron and Hermione relationship.

kristin: Your love of the scene at the Malfoy Mansion and my love of the Silver Doe scene (more in the books than the movie really) is truly indicative of how different parts of the Ron and Hermione story can touch us in the same way.  It's as if there is an answer that all people can agree upon and several different ways to get to that answer.  I've discussed this before so I won't wax on about the Silver Doe and Ron's return.  In again watching the Malfoy Mansion scene tonight I was really impressed with Emma's and Rupert's acting.  I thought that they both did an outstanding job of eliciting the emotions derived from the scene when reading the book.  That is not easy to do especially when the HP movies had such a high standard to live up to.  From a performance standpoint I think it might be Emma's shining moment in the series.  That could be open to debate of course. I've never done any acting myself... for those of you have... would you say that it's easier to capture the essence of a scene when you have to speak a lot, or when your acting is more expressive than reliant upon spoken lines?

As an observer with no acting experience I think I'm a bit more effected visually than aurally.  I don't mean to discredit the script with that comment.  I just feel as if it would be tougher to sell what you're saying if you didn't look sincere or look the part, than it would be to not perfect the script perhaps, but convey the proper emotion.  Of course, ideally a scence works best when everything sincs together.  Hopefully I'm not entirely confusing matters with that comment.

kristin and junkie: thank you both for sharing the Ron/Hermione pic spam from the movies.  While I am a R/E shipper... I THINK I say this without bias, in saying that from an entirely analytical standpoint that Rupert Grint and Emma Watson did a great job of portraying the Ron and Hermione relationship.  While often I comment about the off screen chemistry between the actors, they truly did a great professional acting performance with respects to every aspect of the Ron and Hermione relationship.  As we all know that relationship wasn't all love and sunshine and rainbows and unicorns.   They both gave the relationship the depth it deserved through their on screen performance.

Ohhh Jon.... you make me want to give a revolving door for you and the brig ;) You are right now out of the brig hehe...

First, R/E performances were AMAZING in DH but yes Emma just killed me in her scenes with HBC as Bellatrix...when she screams, people in the audience actually along me jumped. You could not hear a pin drop...but when the scene with Mudblood on her arm came up-omg-you could hear everyone in my theater do this group "OHHHHHHH"....was very unreal to hear that from a group of moviegoers. Emma's face when she sees Ron-at first the look when she sees her carving on her arm, and looks up to see Ron-Emma's eyes were glossy looking and almost gone-her face in that scene is screaming "Good bye my love"....but when she sees Ron racing out-it was like life sprung back into her eyes. Just really GO EMMA. Then Rupert-killed me too-his looks/expressions-when he growls "Let her go"-his eyes are shining almost like he was crying. Then the "like hell" GUH.....but the best-it was so subtle-watch Rupert's eyes when he sees Bellatrix holding up Hermione with the knife to her throat-he takes this crazy gulping swallow and shivers. And his eyes...GO RUPERT.

Ok sorry LOL...as for you and I Silver Doe and Malfoy Manor....For me Malfoy Manor was just my favorite Romione scene-well THE KISS was but from an emotional/you are the love of my life I would die without you standpoint-that's what got me. This young guy was willing to give up his life for his girl...it gives me shivers. Hermione, suffering, KNOWING that Ron would be next-she was willing to die for him and just kept going-she survived because she knew Ron would be next and had to stall anyway she could. So she took that torture and then lied about the sword. She knew where it came from-the boys had it and she easily could have given it up. But she didn't. Why? SHE LOVED RON WITH ALL HER BEING as much as Ron loved her with all his being.

Movie wise-fav scene (besides the make out scene aka kiss LOL) was R/Hr at the end--when Nagini is about ready to strike-Ron is holding Hermione in his arms so tightly and she is buried in his chest-it screams "we will die together in each other's arms". KILL ME NOW!! ;-)

Anyway there are so many reasons I get mad at people who ship other guys with Hermione or other girls with Ron....almost an insult towards/about their love for each other.

ROMIONE ALWAYS!!!!! ;):wub:  :happydance:  :ohyeah:  :yesyes:  :drool:

I will be honest...I watched HP movies from 1-4 for Harry Potter action, storyline, effects, etc...never gave Romione a thought really other than how cute are they? :) It was in movie 5-OOTP-that I fell in love with Romione and from that very point on watched it mainly for Ron/Hermione. But still love Potter overall ;)

Trixie- ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I mean R/E just brought this love to life-but not just the love whole relationship-showed they were not just best friends but 2 people who clearly love each other more than life and would never stop loving each other no matter what happened (rat/cat, Krum, Lavender, locket).

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

hjeanweasley tumblr....just says it all....btw the bottom (more Grintson LOL)

Edited by cbmac12

Ahoy Maties!  Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!  HAPPY 34th PIRATE BIRTHDAY Mrs. Hermione Jean Weasley.  (Alas!  Our Captain has rightly said, "hjeanweasley tumblr....just says it all")

Captain... this is the only ship where I will refuse to walk the plank. ;)

LOL!!! Ahoy back Jon! LOL...YES YES YES...Hermione Jean Granger-Weasley is now 34!!! WOW...Btw, how FREAKIN cute is this!!!! Emma tweeted HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Hermione Jean Granger a few days ago on of course Hermione's birthday ;) I don't know why but that is just made of all AWESOME.

Im sure Hermione's hubby gave her a good birthday ;)

credit to the amazing hjeanweasleytumblr

• 2 weeks later...

Credit to bloody brilliant tumblr

Did anyone else SCREAM WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH loudly in the theaters during that scene? ;) I DID!!!! I love how you see Ron going after these 3, not caring that he is by himself and Hermione starts to go after him but hears "That's my girlfriend you numpties!!!" and her look says "YES I AM YOURS RON- Get them love!!" ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I know isn't it??? ;)

Can I just say how beautiful this is? :)

Credit to amazing hjeanweasleytumblr

I just want to analyze each pic...this...look how in love he with his girl...and how patient she is being her man.

Hermione was just tortured almost to death and is exhausted...she knows if she doesn't get out of the way, she will be killed by the chandelier...she trusts Ron more than life and knows he will catch her...also EVERYONE in that room, including Harry scattered (I would have done the same thing if I was Harry) EXCEPT Ron-he didn't care if he got hurt-he put his life in danger to rescue the woman he loves.

I mean COME ON....all they need is to touch each other's hands/be near each other and that makes them both happy for now :-)

They have both lost their best friend (so they believe) but they never leave each other's side.

They don't know if they will be killed but all they know is they will go together.

A husband comforting his wife...the way she leans her head on his shoulder and he strokes her hair. GUH....

GIGI I KNOW!!!!!!! :) Wasn't it...the first time I saw this I was rolling!!! :)

Great pictures and analysis Kristin! :)

I love those Ron and Hermione moments and they beautifully express the sincerity of their love for one another.  The great thing that Jo Rowling did with their love and Rupert and Emma potrayed so well was revealing it not only in moments of crisis but in better times as well.  Loving one another in a smile, in a "tone of surprise", in a compliment i.e. for instance (movie version) when Ron was trying to convince Harry not to go out on his own at the Burrow and mentioned how they wouldn't get anywhere without Hermione's help. 

Their love was not in An action or A movement... their love was in Every action and Every movement. :) 

Wow it has been years since I have posted on this forum. I mostly posted on the Shipper Forum. I can't believe it's been so long..nostalgia. I think I joined right when the Goblet of Fire film came out. 

I miss when the films and books were still coming out and the shipping wars where relentless =[

^ Welcome back! I know, it's crazy how much things have changed, I really miss the excitement of the old days!

Thanks to everyone who continues to post here though and keep the love for these ships alive. I don't post as often as I should, but I always check these threads and love seeing the pictures etc that are posted and the wonderful things said about our favourite couples. :)