The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

I'm sorry you have such a hard time to get your hands on your fave beer, Jon. I personally never tried Dinkelacker. You don't find it often where I am, here in northern Germany. I like Veltins or Jever or Beck's. But I don't drink beer on a regular basis. Just when I'm out for dinner. And depending on the meal, the mood and location, I sometimes prefer a good glas of wine. Not that you guys start to think I' m a drunk. Lol.

As for toasting to Ron and Hermione, we could always take Butterbeer.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG you guys I love yall ;) That's why I stay here-your love for Romione will never die like mine wont or ever will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

AWWW DW ;) You are SO sweet....you gotta be positive when it comes to our ships ;) I was watching DH 1 and 2 yesterday and it just reminds me why I love Romione so bloody much. They are just AWESOME...they bicker, they fight, they love, they care, they make each other laugh, they would die for each other. I was watching DH 2 and again I cant help but laugh when Ron comes bursting through and grabs Hermione but leaves Harry as the Fiendfyre is blazing. I know Ron loves his best mate/"brother" but Hermione is his EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):) Then that KISS aka make out scene?!!!!! :excited::drool:

Galadriel! Happy Easter to you too!!!! Was out ALL day with family but had a blast-2 Easter Egg Hunts LOL

I toast my Cider (Angry Orchard ;)) just found it in the store and love it!!! I toast to ROMIONE: TO ROMIONE, BEST COUPLE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! What are they at now, 12 years of marriage? ;)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I think 12 yearscof marriage could be about right. What do you all think would their wedding have been like? I guess, since Hermione is a very traditional girl who is proud of her muggle heritage, she would insist on a muggle wedding somewhere near her childhood home. Thus all her relatives could attend.

Come on JKR! We don't need to hear whether Romione - in your view - needed counselling or how you just stuck to the ship because it was your initial plan. Give us dates and places. Tell us how the Weasleys (Aunt Muriel, anyone?) and all the other witches and wizards tried to adapt to the muggle habits, how they fared in concealing what they really were. How Seamus and Dean tried to lighten up the occasion by insertng some magic. How Hermione's cousins all swooned over Fleur, how Ginny lost it and performed a bat-bogey hex on Hermione's arrogant cousin Angelica who laughed over how the Weasleys dressed, and how Arthur in the end had to put a memory charm on Hermione's relatives (except her parents of course) to make them forget what they have seen. That's what we want to know in detail.

OMFG YES YES YES ;) Galadriel YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!! :) girl just so go freakin write FANFIC about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) OMG Arthur having to put a memory charm on the relatives???? Hmmmmm....Auntie Muriel being nasty towards her relatives would SO be her.

Hmmm idk...I mean I know Ron would want to make Hermione happy with a Muggle wedding but I feel that Hermione would do the wizard wedding...magical world is Hermione's world now ya know? She would be happy with whatever I feel because she was marrying her sexy ginger man ;)

What say everyone else???

Sabine that's an awesome picture of R/Hr's wedding! A fanfic waiting to happen ;)

I'm constantly torn between how much I would like JKR to reveal if she were to reveal more details about the books and characters. Part of me - a lot of me - wants to know every tiny minute little detail in the author's head, so I know exactly everything that could possibly have ever happened in the universe, just because I can't get enough haha. On the other hand though, knowing everything would kinda destroy the magic the series helped to create - the realms of imagination. Where would these forums be, for a start, if we didn't have the opportunity to dream and share our ideas about Ron and Hermione's life after HP? As much as I'd like to know, perhaps (especially considering recent revelations) less really is more, allowing every reader let the series live on in their own individual way. :)

^^ This.I agree, I'm scared that I might get too much information about things that  that she "changed her opinion about/or changed because of the movies or something..

I Love being here,you guys are R/hr AND Ron supporters.

Sabine that's an awesome picture of R/Hr's wedding! A fanfic waiting to happen ;)

I'm constantly torn between how much I would like JKR to reveal if she were to reveal more details about the books and characters. Part of me - a lot of me - wants to know every tiny minute little detail in the author's head, so I know exactly everything that could possibly have ever happened in the universe, just because I can't get enough haha. On the other hand though, knowing everything would kinda destroy the magic the series helped to create - the realms of imagination. Where would these forums be, for a start, if we didn't have the opportunity to dream and share our ideas about Ron and Hermione's life after HP? As much as I'd like to know, perhaps (especially considering recent revelations) less really is more, allowing every reader let the series live on in their own individual way. :)

Or the name of Hermione's parents. I think she wanted to put an final end. War shippers, etc. You know All these people complaining about how Hermione/Harry did not happen it's just annoying. <_<

^^ This.I agree, I'm scared that I might get too much information about things that  that she "changed her opinion about/or changed because of the movies or something..

I Love being here,you guys are R/hr AND Ron supporters.

This is odd..What I orginally meant to write was, and I HAVE NO IDEA where it "went", but:  I fully agree with your post!

But to be a bit "mean" to ms ROWLING,( I'm still a bit upset about her words in emmas interview)-but i still adore her for writing HP and as a writer so I'm kidding..)

LOL!!! HELO MY DEAR ROMIONE FANS!!!!! :) I have missed yall so much!!!

Oh JKR has her ideas as do we ;) Like for instance I say R/Hr could possibly after Rosie goes to school had GIRL triplets ;) I don't know I just do heehee....Trixie I know girl LOL...I still say it was all joke that just got taken out of hand (ah well....)...Lumos my friend THERE IS NO HARRY/HERMIONE which is why THOSE shippas get annoyed and angry TEEHEE....

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ok so I was watching DH 1 (yeah yeah I know shocker ;))....remember the scene when Ron says "why do you think I listen to that radio every night?" Go back to the scene between Hermione and Harry when Harry is getting pi#$ed off that Ron is listening to the radio (granted he was wearing the locket) but when he was like getting ready to go inside and Hermione stops him and says "Don't. It comforts him." Then Harry nastily says "what's he hoping to hear good news?" Hermione: "I think he's just hoping he doesn't hear bad news". I mean the fact that Hermione KNOWS why Ron is listening to the radio every night and day and doesn't question it just GUH makes me smile. She KNOWS her man and knows that his family is the most important thing to him. With that said, I think Hermione may have gone on with a wizarding wedding :) But anyway I just realized that as I watched it. Hermione knows what Ron is going through...yet Harry didn't quite get it. I LOVE ROMIONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 2 months later...

Can I just say I love watching DH movies?? :) not because they are the last 2 but because we get so much R/Hr scenes :) I just love watching the R/Hr scenes now more because I have seen the movies so much that I love all of the scenes but the R/Hr scenes are more meaningful to me ;)

-when Hermione hugs Ron and takes his glasses off- sexy scene

-when Hermione and Ron are talking as she pulls clothes out of the beaded bag- the looks (course this is due to R/E chemistry ;)) and Hermione's "always the tone of surprise" and Ron's smile to her as she says this smiling herself awwww love it!!!

-R/Hr sleeping next to each other-LOVE that he takes the floor and gives her and Harry the couches. But I don't believe it was just him being a good friend- I really believe he NEEDED to be lying next to his girl to protect her.

-I never noticed this before in this scene-see told ya I am paying cloooooser attention LOL...when Kreacher calls Hermione Mudblood and Ron tries to hit him, Hermione stops him but the look she gives him says "I am used to it Ron but it's ok I know you're trying to just protect me which I love" and then immediately (this is I what never noticed) Ron 's hand seems to be around Hermione's back because the two move in closer to each other. So sweet...

-the piano scene- need I say more?! ;)

Ok y'all you re up!!! Continue where I left off ;) ROMIONE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Perhaps it's a weird place to suggest for a wedding but when Hermione needed to get herself and Harry away from Nagini at Godric's Hollow she apperates them to the Forest of Dean which she remembers from her childhood.  The Forest is where Ron returns to her too, so it has multiple attachments to the people she loves. 

The trouble with it potentially is how it was used in the movie adaptation, where some would suggest she pondered staying there to grow old with Harry. 

I wish that there weren't the convoluted consideration of this relative to the movie adaptation and Jo Rowling's post Potter comments, but unfortunately there are some lightning bolt shaped scars that we just can't get rid of.  >.<  With time I can forget the scar is there but whenever I begin to discuss the ship now it burns like the day it was cast upon our ship. :(

Other possible places do include an undisclosed place near and dear to the heart of Hermione and her family as Sabine mentioned.  I suppose Hogwarts could be considered or the Burrow even though that was the spot of Fleur and Bill's wedding.

As far as Hogwarts is concerned...could the Chamber of Secrets host a wedding or the Shrieking Shack?

In this rambling, thinking out loud brainstorm I really believe that Sabine's suggestion is best.  It really comes down to what Sabine, Katharine, Kristin, Trixie and Lumos discussed relative to the aspects of the HP story that were not revealed vs. the stories revisionist revelations.   It's almost as if any place that had special meaning in the story is tainted now while at least a special place we might imagine outside of the book or movie does not carry that albatross.

Did you all see the lovely ROMIONE moment in Rita's commentary with Ginny? Too cute ;)

ROMIONE ROCKS!!!!!! :)

?

Sorry Kristin, I'm trying to place this in my memory and it's not coming to me.  Are you talking about Rita Skeeter talking to Ginny in the Goblet of FIre?  What was the ROMIONE moment? >.<

Did you all see the lovely ROMIONE moment in Rita's commentary with Ginny? Too cute ;)

ROMIONE ROCKS!!!!!! :)

OMG... Thanks for sharing this here cbmac12. Totally missed it..

Yes there are a couple of lovely RHr moments in the commentary.... RHr forever...

@MrPumpkinhead. What cbmac12 referred to is the commentary of the Quidditch final that was published in the Daily Prophet last week. You can read it in Pottermore...

Welcome rhrshipper!! :) I know I was dying!!!!

I loved this short story- JKR needs to do more of these!!

The RHr moments were so sweet!!! Picturing them with their kids makes it even sweeter- timeline shows Rosie is 8 and Hugo is 6.

Jon, on Pottermore, Ginny is doing commentary on the game with Rita Skeeter there saying her own shall we say comments LOL -anyway we get a very sweet Romione moment :)

Yes RHr FOREVER!!!!!!! :)

LOL!!! :) I have that problem with any password ;) why do I use so many!?! LOL

Back from Colorado-GORGEOUS!!!! :)

Anyway...SWEETEST post Potter Romione moment-just shows what a loving couple they are still 12 years of marriage later :)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!

thank you rhrshipper and cbmac12

I've been absentee on Pottermore for a while now.  If I can remember or find my password and username I'll try to get back on there. >.<

You are welcome.

If you still havent been able to recover your password you could check this link for an abridged version.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/07/11/quidditch-world-cup-rita-skeeter/

There are some cute RHR moments in it... Enjoy reading..

An excellent blog post which I found in Mugglenet regarding the whole interview saga:

http://blog.mugglenet.com/2014/02/a-detour-down-knockturn-alley-manipulating-j-k-rowlings-remarks-on-harry-hermione-and-ron/

It is pretty clear how the mainstream media did a Rita Skeeter by totally convoluted JKRs comments.

i still believe that there is nothing wrong with JKRs comments- it is her story and she has every right to share her own perspective. In fact, as I had posted earlier, her comments make the pair even more realistic, taking into account the real issues faced by a married couple who are opposites, but still truly love each other. Harry and Hermione would also have made a potential couple, but it never worked out that way in the books. We all loved Ron and Hermione, beacuse of the way the relationship was portrayed in the books, in a subtle slowly evolving way throughout the series- I dont think we would have liked them if they had been brought together all of a sudden one fine morning. And it is pretty evident from the recent Quidittch commentray snippets that JKR is still a fan of R/Hr, they still remain true to character, and nothing has changed.

I wish that there weren't the convoluted consideration of this relative to the movie adaptation and Jo Rowling's post Potter comments, but unfortunately there are some lightning bolt shaped scars that we just can't get rid of.  >.<  With time I can forget the scar is there but whenever I begin to discuss the ship now it burns like the day it was cast upon our ship. :(

THIS. This is is exactly what I feel!!!!!! (Does the happy dance) ;)

R/Hr are a VERY realistic couple. They do love each other more than anything...the reason why I love this couple so much is because they are human, not some super couple who is perfect. They have their flaws but in the end they are perfect for each other. The media totally pulled a Rita Skeeter on JKR.

RHRshipper thank you SO much for sharing this post :) :) :)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

You are welcome.

If you still havent been able to recover your password you could check this link for an abridged version.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/07/11/quidditch-world-cup-rita-skeeter/

There are some cute RHR moments in it... Enjoy reading..

Thank you again, and thanks for the additional link.

An excellent blog post which I found in Mugglenet regarding the whole interview saga:

http://blog.mugglenet.com/2014/02/a-detour-down-knockturn-alley-manipulating-j-k-rowlings-remarks-on-harry-hermione-and-ron/

It is pretty clear how the mainstream media did a Rita Skeeter by totally convoluted JKRs comments.

i still believe that there is nothing wrong with JKRs comments- it is her story and she has every right to share her own perspective. In fact, as I had posted earlier, her comments make the pair even more realistic, taking into account the real issues faced by a married couple who are opposites, but still truly love each other. Harry and Hermione would also have made a potential couple, but it never worked out that way in the books. We all loved Ron and Hermione, beacuse of the way the relationship was portrayed in the books, in a subtle slowly evolving way throughout the series- I dont think we would have liked them if they had been brought together all of a sudden one fine morning. And it is pretty evident from the recent Quidittch commentray snippets that JKR is still a fan of R/Hr, they still remain true to character, and nothing has changed.

Yes, the media definitely ran with the interview.  My own opinions did not come from the media reaction though but rather my own reading of her comments at the time.  I do agree that there is nothing wrong with her comments in the sense that she is entitled to think and feel and say whatever she chooses.  She's not beholden to myself or any fan for that.  The words I read from her just made me feel like she was treating Ron exactly how he feared people thought of him.  Was that her intent?  Probably not.  Is it my fault for letting it make me feel uncomfortable about certain parts in the story?  Probably. 

Should I get over it?  Yes.  Have I?  No. Not yet.   Maybe and hopefully I will eventually. 

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead

I think tbh this interview was meant to be a joke and curtailed into a discussion and JKR having words put into her mouth courtesy of Rita Skeeter aka the media LOL JKR even herself said after that R/Hr are a realistic couple...they will have their ups and downs but in the end they love each other :) they make it work because they are bonded by their love and respect for each other. That lil Romione moment JKR put into the article was just way too precious and shows readers/fans/SHIPPERS ;) that 12 years of marriage they are tender and affectionate with each other awwww :)

R/Hr are flawed and always will be. They are only human which JKR showed. Ron was insecure. I don't think he changed over night- I think it did take years to change. Hermione was critical whether she knew it or not and like Ron it took years to change. But they love each other and would always fight for each other. :)

Jon we still love yas!! :) it's your passion and love for Romione that is so awesome :)

ROMIONE FOREVER AND ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Kristin.  :hug:

I can get cranky * which I like to refer to as my Harry in the Order of the Phoenix mood* over the JKR interview sometimes, but I decided to start reading the series again and I just finished The Sorcerer's Stone.  I can't help but admire the humor and depth of love JKR put in the world she created.  Sometimes I get my R/Hr tinted glasses on and lose sight of the HP world and all the amazing characters and places JK Rowling imagined and brought to life so vividly in her words.  By reading the series again I'm just trying to get back to basics and enjoy the stories I fell in love with all over again.  I'm trying to better appreciate each and every character as I read.

Years ago my father used to read and reread the Clan of the Cavebear series.  I've never read the books but one day I probably should.  My siblings and I would tease him or joke with eachother at times about how often he read the books.  It seems like the HP series could be my own personal Clan of the Cave Bear though as this is my third go-around now. >.< 

I guess a good book is a good book.  :rolleye0012: