The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

But these guys are so funny! Cho wouldn't be the human hose pipe any more

well considering they were all joking, I doubt this is what happened

Quote:

except according to the interview they were completely joking because he asked them 'how do you see your character's future in the Craziest possible way"

and it doesn't matter what any of us thinks anyway.

unless the books change ron/hermione remain married.

See??? This was a joke- the interviewer asked them in the craziest way possible where do you your future ;)

Interview:

If J.K. asked you where you'd like your character to be off to, what would you say? Swing for the fences, or go as crazy as you'd like with what you'd be doing in that universe.

Grint: [laughs] I would expect Ron has probably divorced Hermione already. I don't think that relationship would have done very well.

Lynch: What?!

Like living in his own, low-rent bachelor pad?

Grint: Yeah. Exactly. He's living on his own, in a little one-bedroom apartment. He hasn't got a job.

Lynch: Don't say divorced. Say they've split up. They can reconcile.

Grint: Yeah, they're briefly separated.

Ok, that's a high bar, or a low bar but a great answer. What about the rest of you?

Lynch: I think Luna would have an adventure documentary series. She becomes a naturalist, and I think she'd travel the world and have a show. I could be a wildlife narrator.

Yeah, and she would prove all her creatures exist. Everyone is so dubious of her, and I'd like her to show they're real.

Katie Leung: I reckon Cho would probably have become a really successful entrepreneur, and really cold and ruthless.

Lynch: Oh my god! [laughs]

Leung: Yeah, she's cried all the tears she could cry, and now she's become real cold and heartless.

Lewis: This is dark! I love this!

What kind of entrepreneur? She runs a tech company? Or a developer who tears down bachelor pads like Ron's?

Leung: Yeah, yeah, that! Exactly.

Matt, are you going to keep this dark?

Lewis: Oh god. Neville works at the school, right? So he's a professor, just enjoying that. Maybe he's trying to get Ron a job, man. And he keeps throwing it back in his face, like, "I don't need your help, Neville; Jesus, just leave it." And I'm like, "Come on, it's fine, we'll sort it out, just trying to get you back into the fold."

Yeah, him and Hermione don't see eye to eye because I've taken Ron's side in the relationship, obviously. They've got everyone split off, friends wise. I don't know who you guys chose? Did you choose Hermione?

Lynch: Ron!

Leung: No, Ron.

Lewis: Are you Ron as well? Jeez, Hermione is thin on the ground with friends!

Leung: Well, I'll go with Hermione, then.

Lynch: I think Ron would need more help. Hermione would handle herself better.

Grint: Yeah, he's in a bad way.

Grint: Just get me out there. Just get me out of the house.

Lynch: And we'll get you back together.

Source: Snitchseeker

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha.  Thanks for that Kristin!  You're the best. 

That was a great interview.  The problem with it is other sites will take the snippet of what Rupert said and let it stand alone.  Throwing it out of context.  Which was the main point of my answer.  Thank you for providing the full context in which the comments were made.

I thought it was hilarious that they ALL picked Ron to stand by as a friend.  In part because I'm sure they all know.  A. Ron would need the support more (as they said) but B. Hermione was an insufferable know it all (which they left unsaid).  Therefore Ron would be a lot more fun for most of them to hang around with.   

I'm not saying Hermione wasn't a wonderful insufferable know it all btw.  <3

But ...she was... none the less... haha.  

• 4 weeks later...

No problem Jon ;) yeah that's why I always want to get the entire article- stupid media always and I mean always makes a mountain out of a molehill!!!!!

RON/HERMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 1 month later...

Hello all....I am a crazy R/Hr shipper and always luvs reading about Ronmione stuffs and this is how I came here....I am a Ronmione fan first from movies, and then when I read the HP books, I have become a Ronmione shipper for life....Even now, when I feel low, Ron-Hermione is always my happy place...May I join in discussions with you all ?

• 1 month later...

Hello all....I am a crazy R/Hr shipper and always luvs reading about Ronmione stuffs and this is how I came here....I am a Ronmione fan first from movies, and then when I read the HP books, I have become a Ronmione shipper for life....Even now, when I feel low, Ron-Hermione is always my happy place...May I join in discussions with you all ?

Of course you can join us!  We're always happy to talk Ron-Hermione.  Sadly we are not as active here these days as we were in the past.  I am sure that the news surrounding the Cursed Child might help reinvigorate things though once the details of the story gets out. 

We will analyze and over analyze the details of the relationship... haha.. because that's what we do best. 

Of course you can join us!  We're always happy to talk Ron-Hermione.  Sadly we are not as active here these days as we were in the past.  I am sure that the news surrounding the Cursed Child might help reinvigorate things though once the details of the story gets out. 

We will analyze and over analyze the details of the relationship... haha.. because that's what we do best. 

Thank you.....and really I am super excited with the Cursed Child book after seeing my RoMione's happy family in the photoshoot for the play....Ron and Hermione with their daughter Rose are looking damn happy in the pic comparing to the other family pics of H/G and D/S which are released IMO and I really wish some day Rupert and Emma again plays these roles for the movie of Cursed child along with Dan as Harry of course, but let's see how the story comes out but I have full faith in J Ro.....

R/Hr is the only couple in HP series which is so well written throughout the seven books and moreover their relationship is not that where one person suddenly falls in love with another person,infact they have grown with each other, they are the best of friends and even so much arguing with each other respect each others opinions at a certain point and of course they have the best chemistry and for this I can relate to them so much and I have actually grown up with R/Hr, their cute bickering, Ron's always with his little cute complement for his love Hermione is what made them the perfect couple....

And even J Ro said in the Cursed Child interviews that Ron in his forties is not much different from his teens.

And I am really hopeful and excited to get some great moments between R/Hr in Cursed child

Welcome to the forum Ronmione..

Glad to see more people joining us here rooting for the best couple in the world. Yes, you are spot on when you said RHr is the only well developed relationship in the entire series. JKR did so well making the relationship evolve from year to year- but it felt very strange when she made some of those comments about the relationship afterwards. Even though she did'nt directly imply anything, such comments were totally unnecessary and blown out of proportion by others.

Anyway, the first previews of Cursed Child part I and II are over, and there are lot of spoilers already out there online. Even though I do not wish to share spoilers here, but I cannot hold myself back from telling you guys that there are some cute RHR moments in the play.

Welcome to the forum Ronmione..

Glad to see more people joining us here rooting for the best couple in the world. Yes, you are spot on when you said RHr is the only well developed relationship in the entire series. JKR did so well making the relationship evolve from year to year- but it felt very strange when she made some of those comments about the relationship afterwards. Even though she did'nt directly imply anything, such comments were totally unnecessary and blown out of proportion by others.

Anyway, the first previews of Cursed Child part I and II are over, and there are lot of spoilers already out there online. Even though I do not wish to share spoilers here, but I cannot hold myself back from telling you guys that there are some cute RHR moments in the play.

Thank u....I still never understand why J Ro made such comments like Harry is a better match for Hermione after so many years of the ending of the book series when in the whole book series she has developed R/Hr relationship so beautifully and they really destined to be together starting from Hermione's notice of dirt in Ron's nose in their very first meeting IMO. If anyone is perfect for Hermione its always Ron and that's how she has written her whole HP series...there was no point talking abt it after all over.....Even I get surprised to see Dramione shippers and make me wonder what make them ship Hermione with Draco....Harry and Hermione always have the sibling kind of relationship.... I mean who can compliment Hermione like Ron and who always stand for her throughout the whole book series...its Ron. R/Hr forever.

And yes I am reading many spoilers from Cursed child previews,need to wait for the release of the book, I wish I could see the play. O really there are cute R/Hr moments in Cursed Child, now I can't wait to read the book, more to see how their relation progresses further after Deathly Hallows.

After reading all the spoilers, the RHr shipper in me jumps with joy, but as a fan of the Harry Potter series, I am totally disappointed with the plot.

For anyone who wants to have a sneak peek at the RHr moments, here is the link.

**  SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ SPOILERS ***

http://victorkrvm.tumblr.com/post/145721923231/happy-hinny-and-romione-spoilers-from-part-two

I shall share my thoughts on these later when we are allowed to..:)

After reading all the spoilers, the RHr shipper in me jumps with joy, but as a fan of the Harry Potter series, I am totally disappointed with the plot.

http://victorkrvm.tumblr.com/post/145721923231/happy-hinny-and-romione-spoilers-from-part-two

Thanx a ton for sharing RoMione spoilers.....This made my day completely....Really this is the best spoiler till now I have read regarding Cursed child, exactly my RonMione shipping mind is super happy getting such cutest moments between them in Cursed child but the whole plot which has been revealed as spoilers only is not quite up to my expectations as a crazy Potterhead......But I think we need to wait for the original book form of the script to publish and then give our opinions......But I am keeping myself happy now reading such cutest moments between my R/Hr and hoping for more in the book.
  • 2 weeks later...

For now I am trying to avoid the spoilers.  I did not hear any of the Ron/Hermione spoilers, but will wait for the script to be published.  I did hear some of the plot spoilers from a friend at work and while I would not say I was disappointed, speaking as best I can in vagueries it did seem like things might be a little too convoluted for my liking.  I enjoy twists and turns like the next person, but sometimes all the twisting and turning does is make you dizzy until you fall face first into a brick wall.  With some of the rumors I heard, I get the feeling there could be few bruised faces. 

Alas, rumors are rumors for a reason, and even spoilers on the plot line could prejudice one for or against the script, so I'll do my best to reserve judgement until I am able to read the actual script completely as Ronmione_Sim suggested. 

I've also felt so starved for Harry Potter or Wizarding World literature since the series ended that I kind of want to take it slow and take the script in bit by bit when it is released so I can savor it.  Everything must end and a sense of finality is important to a lot of people, but when you have a good thing you want it to keep going.  Of course there is always the risk of pushing a good thing too far.  Is Harry Potter still a passion for JKR or just a meal ticket?  My oldest brother told me that the Ann Rice Vampire Diary books were great to start with but he got the sense that once Ann Rice realized how popular the series was she kept writing more books to keep the gravy train rolling and the story suffered as a result.  

I am not about to accuse JKR of that.  I'm just mentioning how it's an understandable side effect of success sometimes.  She has done wonderfully thus far not to take that pitfall. 

For now I am trying to avoid the spoilers. I did not hear any of the Ron/Hermione spoilers, but will wait for the script to be published. I did hear some of the plot spoilers from a friend at work and while I would not say I was disappointed, speaking as best I can in vagueries it did seem like things might be a little too convoluted for my liking. I enjoy twists and turns like the next person, but sometimes all the twisting and turning does is make you dizzy until you fall face first into a brick wall. With some of the rumors I heard, I get the feeling there could be few bruised faces.

Alas, rumors are rumors for a reason, and even spoilers on the plot line could prejudice one for or against the script, so I'll do my best to reserve judgement until I am able to read the actual script completely as Ronmione_Sim suggested.

I've also felt so starved for Harry Potter or Wizarding World literature since the series ended that I kind of want to take it slow and take the script in bit by bit when it is released so I can savor it. Everything must end and a sense of finality is important to a lot of people, but when you have a good thing you want it to keep going. Of course there is always the risk of pushing a good thing too far. Is Harry Potter still a passion for JKR or just a meal ticket? My oldest brother told me that the Ann Rice Vampire Diary books were great to start with but he got the sense that once Ann Rice realized how popular the series was she kept writing more books to keep the gravy train rolling and the story suffered as a result.

I am not about to accuse JKR of that. I'm just mentioning how it's an understandable side effect of success sometimes. She has done wonderfully thus far not to take that pitfall.

Completely agree with your each and every word....I always feel Harry Potter series end on a great note but the Potter fan in me always craving for more and more, so I was very much delighted when I heard abt Cursed child and moreover felt happy for getting another HP book after DH.....but the mess up with Time Turner plot as revealed from spoilers is getting on my nerves.....but I will hold my tongue and wait until I read the whole script book.....Only the good thing I hear abt cursed child is that R/Hr are still happily married together and their cutest moments. J Ro was absolutely fine to me until she started contradicting herself with her own writing, I mean the pairing of R/Hr....but she is also the same person who gifted us with her amazing writing of Potter books and for her only we get our RoMione and so I have still some faith in her and her Cursed child hoping that it would satisfy my expectations. Edited by Ronmione_Sim

Ronmione_Sim, while I always believe that JKR has been true to herself there are times when I believe that her comments regarding the Ron/Hermione relationship after the HP series was done had at least SOMETHING to do with Ms. Rowling not so much wanting to appease the Harry/Hermione crowd, I think that is going a bit too far, but perhaps more accurately wanting to be diplomatic.  

A large portion of the HP fan base always wanted Harry to be with Hermione.  There is some justification for that from a "traditional" perspective.  Harry is the Hero.  No two ways about it.  And from childhood we've often been raised in most cultures to trust that the Hero gets "THE" Girl.  And no offense to Ginny, whom I love but as far as focus in the HP series is concerned,  Hermione is "THE" girl.  JKR is completely familiar with these standards in literature. Many people in life also believe in the romanticized version of "THE ONE".  For some people the idea of one person to love all your life is a reality, but I think the vast majority of people can experience loving more than one person. I am not going to put my "LOVE" on such a pedestal to suggest that there is not more than one idealized, romanticized true love out there for me.  

So naturally it would follow that many HP fans would want Harry to end up with Hermione.  I understand that.  I think a blind spot can be created by that mindset though.  It's something that anyone could fall victim to.  Do those words jab a bit at the Harry/Hermione fans.  Sure they do.  And I make no apologies for being a Ron/Hermione shipper, so the jab is intended. >.<  But it IS just a JAB not a KNOCK OUT punch.  Harry is a great person and so is Hermione.  If they had ended up together in the story, while disappointed, I would not have felt victimized by Rowling. There are certain levels on which Harry and Hermione could make sense and could work.  I acknowledge that. 

I just feel like that result would mean that Rowling would have followed the stereotypical plot line.  I like my adventure vicariously.  I'm someone who follows the rules.  Rowling by matching Ron and Hermione veered from the rules of story telling.  She took a risk.  Ron and Hermione are all about risk in a way.  Risk involves potential conflict, which Ron and Hermione certainly had.  MAYBE Harry and Hermione were "meant to be".  BUT and it's a big but.... Ron and Hermione ARE.  And why?  Because real life involves risks.  Real life does not follow the rules.  Real life is rich with emotion and ups and downs and uncertainty.  Can't we provide for the possibility that what "IS" is for a reason?  Maybe, just maybe, what is, is because it is what was meant to be?

To me matching Harry and Hermione is the boring, staid and static story solution.  As a boring staid and static person myself, I understand that desire.  But what are dreams made of?  They're made of adventure and risk.  This is just a theory mind you... but I think perhaps some of the more adventurous, risk takers in life look for the Harry and Hermione type of relationship because they need balance for their risk taking.  I think that the less adventurous among us might long for the Ron and Hermione relationship because we need something to push the boarders of the ordinary.  Sure, my theory is likely more of a personal reflection then an accurate take on all of Harry Potter fandom.  While being perhaps obnoxious enough to espouse the possible implications of my theory, I do recognize the potential shortcomings of it relative to my own point of view. Plus part of what I am celebrating in the Ron and Hermione relationship is the very unlikeliness of it in many ways. 

That is NOT to suggest though that there are not aspects of the Ron and Hermione relationship that make it work.  Ron and Hermione possess the main ingredients for what might to amount to a successful potion in Potions class.  Mutual desire. Mutual love. Separately one might think that Ron and Hermione don't mix well.  But together they work perfectly.  That is what is so special about them.  They are the unexpected result.  Sometimes the unexpected bond is the strongest bond of all, because there are so many things working against it, so many people rooting against it, that is HAS to be stronger just to prove all the doubters wrong.  The bond HAS to be stronger for love to work.

Ron and Hermione do work.  Ron and Hermione ARE love. That is what is so wonderful about their relationship and how Jo Rowling developed it over the HP series. 

@Mr.Pumpkinhead : I appreciate your post.....For a time being I am thinking of Hermione with Harry, I mean the lead girl with the lead boy of the series, hey do they enjoy themselves with each other, did they have any fun without Ron with them at any point in the book series...And if they end up together, neither more boring I could ever thought of to happen....I am leaving for now why R/Hr are perfect for each other cuz there are numerous reasons why I feel its perfect.....But as Ron said in OoTP Harry needed someone cheerful in his life and Ginny is the one and they make a great pair, none of the characters be it Harry or Ron or Hermione are perfect, sometimes Book Hermione also gets on his(Harry's) nerves in many cases written on book....unlike the movies which made a wrong belief among people that Harmony are meant to be and doubts why the character Ron actually exists.....Yet Hermione's care for Harry is like a mother care for her kid or a sister's care for her sibling.

So if Harmony was the final case which is not in the real situation, I wouldn't like the HP books that much as I do now having R/Hr together. Their mutual desire and love for each other as u said make them perfect for each other and both possess something the other lacks in their life and they balance each other perfectly. And of course we know opposite charges always attract each other.....

I totally agree with both of your comments.

The reason why we liked Ron and Hermione is because their relatioship was developed very well over the books- both had their flaws- but the transition from the bad start to friendship to  Jealousy and finally falling for each other, was developed very well gradually over the years. I don't think we would have liked the relationship if it was rushed into all of a sudden. Rowling may have decided to pair up Ron and Hermione when she conceptualized the story in the beginning and developed the plot accordingly, but some people think that she forced the relationship to suite her initial plan. However, this doesn't take away the truth that the relationship was developed well. Whether the relationship is realistic or not does not require a debate, because every relationship in real world is different, there are many cases where like minded people get together, there are also many cases where 'opposites attract' hold true. Ron and Hermione are more different compared to Harry and Hermione, yes, I agree. But Ron and Hermione love and care for each other and that the "fundamental incompatibility" - which JKR herself quoted - will not stand as an obstacle to a long term relationship.  

Harry and Ginny are well suited for each other, by just looking at their characters,  but the relationship was rushed. Whereas, Ron and Hermione may seem to have incompatabilites if you just look at their characters, but the relationship was developed realistically well, with both Ron and Hermione's flaws playing a big part is slowing down the pace at which they got together, and hence this makes it realistic.

For people who ship Hermione with a 3rd person other than Ron or Harry - they are just in a world of their own and hence no point in arguing with them.

Regarding Cursed Child:

I have read spoilers in detail. including scene by scene descriptions, and I must say that the plot is a huge disappointment, even the RHr moments are no saving grace. There are many scenes/dialogues in the play which purely seem to be meant for fan service, and many Out of Character dialogues/behavior by characters. Ron and Hermione - especially Ron - have no major role to play at all, and 'some other character(s) who we are not very fond of' have a much larger role to play. There are no trio moments at all. The highlights of the play, apparently, are the effects and the performances of actors. But we will never be able to appreciate this without watching the play.

I would still buy the script, I am such a crazy Potterhead, but when I read the script, I am sure I would never be able to accept this as the 8th book in the series, even though JKR would want us to believe it as canon. It would just seem like reading a fan fiction.

Ronmione_Sim, I can understand why you would not like the books as much if Ron and Hermione did not end up together and Harry and Hermione did.  With that said, JKR is too talented a writer to have allowed the Harry and Hermione friendship to develop and then suddenly thrust them together in the end romantically.  Obviously if Harry/Hermione had been the end result then a lot of the preceding development would have been effected.  So much so that it's hard to say what we would have thought of Ron or Hermione or Harry.  Of course we only know the perspective we have and will never know the Bizzaro World perspective that might have paired Hermione and Harry.  

I do entirely agree with your sentiments about Ron and Hermione and what made them so special as a couple. It's been fun and exciting to have a fresh voice in here, sharing your perspectives and insights.  Thanks for joining and reinvigorating our discussions. 

Rhrshipper, you made some excellent points about the relationship development vs. the character pairings.  While it's possible it's been touched on before, It's one of the most astute things I have read in this discussion.  The concise way in which you got to the point, to the heart, is something I have trouble doing.  I am always all over the place, but this said it with directness and correctness...

"Harry and Ginny are well suited for each other, by just looking at their characters,  but the relationship was rushed. Whereas, Ron and Hermione may seem to have incompatabilites if you just look at their characters, but the relationship was developed realistically well,..."

I believe I have commented in the past at length about how I can kind of excuse the rapidness of the Harry and Ginny relationship, given the immense amount of strain and stress Harry was under to truly take a very Adult roll upon himself.  Maturity was almost forced on Harry in a way.  Could JKR have gone more in-depth and given us more between Harry and Ginny?  Absolutely Yes.  The way Harry and Ginny did develop though seems appropriate in a way to me given the nature of his responsibilities towards defeating Voldemort. I guess what I am getting at in a way is to suggest that IF we got too much romantic development between Ginny and Harry it may have made it a bit harder to believe that he could be so involved and also be able to effectively focus upon the ultimate task set before him. 

The plot was not at risk as much with the Hermione and Ron relationship.  Which truly helped to create some light hearted moments that balanced some of the darkness present in the main story line.  So while it was beautifully developed, it was also logically the easier relationship to develop in a literary sense. 

Your point about real life relationships and how they are not cookie cutter in any way shape or form is duly noted too.  Hopefully I did not stereotype fandom too much postulating about the kind of people who might like Harry and Hermione together vs. the kind of people who might like Ron and Hermione together.  That's what happens when my mental wanderings spill out on the page at times. LOL  Sometimes I wander into an epiphany... while most of the time I just wander into POOF! Haha  :doh:

@rhrshipper: Your every word abt R/Hr relationship is absolutely right, I agree completely. Yes its not rushed all of a sudden, its been built gradually from the 1st book and if J Ro didn't thought them to be together from the beginning, then she would never actually plant the seeds of their relationship. The growth in their relationship is always a notable part throughout the series and why won't anyone who read it not fall for them? I was, I have and I will always adore them. And yes every relationship is unique, if there is love, care and respect for each other no one can separate them and R/Hr always have that no matter how much they bicker.

Now coming to H/G, yes its rushed but IMO it doesn't matter, Ginny is the best fit for Harry and I agree fully with what @Mr. Pumpkinhead said about them. I would be happy if H/G started from OoTP rather than HBP, J Ro wasted most of her time making Cho hooking with Harry which would be better if she concentrated on Ginny.I don't consider myself a huge H/G shipper as I do feel for R/Hr , but I love their pairing, she is the best person with whom Harry would remain happy. Even I love Remus/Nymphadora pairing but its too rushed or rather say not explored in details but I love them. RoMione is the only couple u can say had been fully developed from A to Z by J Ro throughout the seven books.

Edited by Ronmione_Sim

@Mr. Pumpkinhead( Hey would you mind saying your name ? Your username is way too long for me to type): Its always been pleasure for me talking nonstop about my RonMione, and moreover voicing my thoughts and opinions among the persons with almost the same tastes and interests is what making me more happy. I am a huge R/Hr fan from my childhood days when I first came around Harry Potter and when I don't even know the so called term

"shipping a pair " but became a RoMione worshipper from that time only. Anyways I am Simantini.

Was feeling exhausted after coming from university, so decided to refresh my mood by rewatching DH part 1 on my laptop and reliving the HP days. Always feel while watching the movies why dint the makers include this, why dint they include that portion from the book....but I am not going to rant about it...instead I will talk of RoMione scenes in the movie. First their hug after seven potters journey is really lovely and made me feel good, I love the fact that they include Tonks praising Ron and Hermione like u did it and Ron's always the tone of surprise just like the book is great and thanks its there. The movies never displayed the emotions of the characters like that happens in the book. Ron and Tonks were there to came late during the journey and Hr was really worried for Ron, at least they can show that. Again my mind always craved for the RonMione dance scene in the wedding ( Yeah I know that's not given in details in the book but its mentioned they danced for long, thank God, Krum dancing with Hr was not included which would be pathetic for me to watch and probably I wouldn't rewatch these movies after once I had digested it). Then why include H/Hr dance scene which is complete useless and unnecessary to the plot. Am I ranting? OK I will talk of RonMione only.....The scene where R/Hr's fingers inches from each other while sleeping in Grimmauld place is the cutest and everytime I say while watching thank God its got a place from the book to the movie. Then the piano scene and Ron's staring glance at her love was mesmerizing......and in Malfoy Manor when Ron goes to catch Hermione was great but I will always feel the emotions of Ron in cellar was portrayed much less in the movies than what reqd. And the punching of Hermione to Ron when he appeared after destroying the Horcrux was really cute and how Ron said "I hear you calling me, my name" was aww....

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr. Pumpkinhead( Hey would you mind saying your name ? Your username is way too long for me to type): Its always been pleasure for me talking nonstop about my RonMione, and moreover voicing my thoughts and opinions among the persons with almost the same tastes and interests is what making me more happy. I am a huge R/Hr fan from my childhood days when I first came around Harry Potter and when I don't even know the so called term

"shipping a pair " but became a RoMione worshipper from that time only. Anyways I am Simantini.

My name is Jon which you are welcome to call me.  Or if you wish to use the user name Mr. P is fine.  The shipping world was non existent to me until I discovered the Harry Potter books and movies back in December of 2009.  I had actually seen the first movie when it came out in theatre's years before but my interests did not ignite back then.  It was a conversation with my twin brother Clifford and watching the Family Channel's Harry Potter Christmas and seeing the Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire that first peeked my interest in the HP series.  I am older then most of the people here and have no young children so I was not exposed to Harry Potter in the same way that many people here first were.

In looking for information on Harry Potter I stumbled upon Emmawatson.net in late December 2009 (pre hyphenation days when it was owned by someone other than dookdookdook).  I first only read the posts and was pulled in by the conversations in the Shipper Forum by members such as Kristin (cbmac12), Sabine (galadriel12), Katharine (Dumbledore's Woman), Vida (Vida), Pat (Pat) and Alex (start.a.revolution) as well as a few others. 

It's funny how what I was looking for was chat about Harry Potter and what I ended up finding were some truly wonderful people, who I now miss a heck of a lot more then I miss the lack of new Harry Potter conversations.  And I still love Harry Potter.  

For someone who did not grow up with computers as many of you here have, it still amazes me how this thing I am typing away on connected me to people across the globe whom I otherwise may never have known.  I am a bit of a sentimental sap though, so I miss that kind of connection that was shared in my early days on this site. 

Guys!!!!! OMG the talks are back!!!!!!!!' :) I have been having net problems today but hopefully all will be well tomorrow once my tech person comes.

Ronmione_Sim, WELCOME!!!!!!!!! We here LOVE AND ADORE OUR ROMIONE!!!!!!!!!!

Side note:Emma went to see Cursed Child!!!! :) she posted it on her FB I believe. It was in emmawatson updates but I think they got it from her FB. She loved it and loved seeing her adult self ;)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have yet to read any reviews of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, as I don't want any spoilers and hope to get a book copy of the script. 

But is it generally be reviewed/received well?  Poorly?  by critics and play-goers? 

From my understanding, it's being well received :) I have my pre-order ready to be shipped soon. Idk if these spoilers I have read are true but I think they are. We have our own personal critic who I will def go by: Original Hermione Granger Weasley (Emma Watson) ;)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!! :)

@cbmac12_Thank u...

Now talking of Cursed child, yes Emma was in full praise for it....I am sure the play's a treat to watch but for us who are unable to watch it and to satisfy their Potterminds through the script book only, I seriously wish its upto the mark and of course if its as good as the J Ro's seven Potter books....

Welcome :)

My friends and I were supposed to see it...darn tix system grrr...oh well-yeah I can only do what you and many many of us will do- read it in script form. It will be interesting to see how much it does measure up to the 7 books.

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!! :)