The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Welcome :)

My friends and I were supposed to see it...darn tix system grrr...oh well-yeah I can only do what you and many many of us will do- read it in script form. It will be interesting to see how much it does measure up to the 7 books.

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!! :)

Oh you haven't get the tickets then?

And yeah exactly it'd be interesting to see how much it matches up with the seven brilliant books...excitement is full on all over for it and why not we are getting a 8th Potter book....And hopefully a movie too after a while so that we can see it on the big screen and of course I want that with Daniel, Rupert and Emma together....Even Daniel said in an interview that he doesn't throw away the possibility of him playing adult Harry in the future if the script is extremely good....

Edited by Ronmione_Sim
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps once we have all had a chance to get and read the script (probably a while yet from now), the forum members here should read the parts together in some kind of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child FaceTime event?  :o

It would be like returning to High School English class.  With the exception (in my case as a high schooler of the 1990s) of fewer poofy haircuts (minus Hermione's of course) and more formalized attire (yes... as if you couldn't tell already by my linguistic skills that I was a product of a Public School education...lol).

We need some members to return to make that a possibility though.  Yes, I am looking at you all you absentee Potter Heads!  :puh:

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Jon I would love this :) sadly my internet fades in and out so it would be like this for me: "Ron, did you...wait Harry...Ron! Uhm Ginny? ;) maybe instead we can if possible, analyze each chp- if we each get a copy (totally no pressure!!!) we can each analyze a chap :)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yes I completely agree with both of u....We can analyse each and every chapter line by line once we each got our hands on the book....It will be like reliving English literature classes of our school....Anyways just read that digital download of the script book will be released on July 31 too online....

If in fact there is a downloadable online version of the script as you say RMSim that would be helpful to me and an option I might employ. 

Unfortunately from a discussion standpoint and script reading standpoint, I will not be able to read it right away when it comes out on the 31st.  I will be visiting with my best friend and his family from the end of July through the first week of August and while their children may someday be interested in Harry Potter, they are a bit too young right now, so I doubt very much I will be spending any time looking for info about the Cursed Child until I return home. >.<

Once I do return though it will be one of the first things that I look for and along with the Summer Olympics will likely attract most of my Entertainment attention. :)  

• 2 weeks later...

I just get my eBook of Cursed Child and its time to start reading....I am just avoiding reviews on the book now as it might spoil my mood to read it with full attention and interest....Gonna share my reviews once I am done with reading.

Well, I have finished reading what would probably be the last of the original HP stories.. :sigh:

To be honest, I am very disappointed. Yes I had already read all the spoilers beforehand, but I had a hope that things would be better when I read the script. The writing surely did not have the JKR touch. I felt that reading the script leaves out a lot of stuff and you do not get as involved in the story as when you read a novel.  Not to talk about the ordinary plot and plotholes. Many characters seemed to behave out of character.

I liked the R/Hr moments, but, they are no way close to the great moments we had in the original books.

I hope you all get to read the book soon and share your views.

The main problem I am facing while reading the book is that the rapid transition of scenes from one to another, I mean thats might be ok for the play but its not at all feeling good while reading it...the years in Hogwarts are moving in jet speed....

Edited by Ronmione_Sim

Well, I have finished reading what would probably be the last of the original HP stories.. :sigh:

To be honest, I am very disappointed. Yes I had already read all the spoilers beforehand, but I had a hope that things would be better when I read the script. The writing surely did not have the JKR touch. I felt that reading the script leaves out a lot of stuff and you do not get as involved in the story as when you read a novel.  Not to talk about the ordinary plot and plotholes. Many characters seemed to behave out of character.

I liked the R/Hr moments, but, they are no way close to the great moments we had in the original books.

I hope you all get to read the book soon and share your views.

@Red : Completely agree with you...I am not getting the same feeling for it till now which I felt while reading the seven Potter books for the first time....Yet I am on and reading it , I am in Act one, Scene five now, so not commenting more...

AHHH OK WAIT GUYS!!!! Please!! I am waiting on my copy and will not get it til next week-I am away for vacation but will be taking book with me- soooo will discuss with yas then!!!!!! :)

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Finally I had finished reading the so-called eighth potter book: Cursed Child. Its better not to compare it with the seven books which we already adore it so much cuz its no way in match with that level and moreover it completely lacks that J Ro magic. I quite liked the Part 1 while Part 2 is quite boring, though the beautiful RoMione moments in between provide a fresh air.....There are moments when I felt confused with this poor storyline,rather say poor way of story telling.As its written in play form,you won't get the same feeling as you get when you read a novel. Just R/Hr moments were heavenly bliss to me....There are no proper Harry and Ron moments in this book the first thing which I hate about it,no proper trio moment :( In part 2,Draco suddenly becomes too good to digest. I really liked Albus and Scorpius and their friendship and they are the new "Harry and Ron duo"" but of course a bit different as their persona are different...overall the book,I mean the script book, is OK for reading once

AHHH OK WAIT GUYS!!!! Please!! I am waiting on my copy and will not get it til next week-I am away for vacation but will be taking book with me- soooo will discuss with yas then!!!!!! :)

Oh yeah take your time and do share your reviews....And enjoy your vacation.

Hmmmm.... Love hearing your critique!!! I will be reading it on Wednesday...my friends are reading it and I told them I would curse their tongues!!! ;)

ROMIONE moments I am DYING to read....

Awww REALLY???? But they are not only the trio, they are also related now!!!!!!! Weird....

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hmmmm.... Love hearing your critique!!! I will be reading it on Wednesday...my friends are reading it and I told them I would curse their tongues!!! ;)

ROMIONE moments I am DYING to read....

Awww REALLY???? But they are not only the trio, they are also related now!!!!!!! Weird....

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yupz...its better u avoid all the reviews till u complete reading it, otherwise u won't be able to appreciate 1â„… of it...But yeah u gonna really enjoy those fewer RoMione moments in the book and I assure u that....

Guhhhhhh yes!!!! I am back into reading FF (Romione of course ;)) after being away from the net the last few months (that will not happen anymore LOL). I will start reading it Wednesday. Oh but back to FF- watch out anyone who has not read CC. I am grateful to the writers for spoiler warnings.

Guhhhhhh yes!!!! I am back into reading FF (Romione of course ;)) after being away from the net the last few months (that will not happen anymore LOL). I will start reading it Wednesday. Oh but back to FF- watch out anyone who has not read CC. I am grateful to the writers for spoiler warnings.

Oh....Actually I don't read FFs much or rather say I'm not very much fond of, as most of them are so non-canon that I couldn't relate them to my RoMione whom I adore so much. But there are few RoMione FFs on my bookmark which are quite canon and I love them. Anyways give me the link of the FF which u are talking about?
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey!!!!! :) I am back!!!! Been on vacation, then was immediately thrown right back into work...

Read CC...this is all I have to say---THANK GOD ROMIONE WAS STILL THEMSELVES....the Romione moments made me laugh and smile. Everything else- BLECH.....

I read FF because it gives me my Romione fix ;) but yeah I know they can be non- canon at times. You just have to weed thru and find the true Romione writers.

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Just imagine though all the letters that must have been sent home about the stuff Hermione did at school or updates the school sends to muggle parents so they’re kept in the know. And she’s never been in trouble before so her parents think this is just regular wizarding school hijinks because it obviously never has context for them and Hermione just rolls with it

“She saved the philosophers stone.â€

“Oh good for her! She must have gotten there before everyone else in classâ€

“People must get petrified all the time. It says not to worry though so it can’t be a serious illnessâ€

“It says they’re obliged to inform us that ‘dementors’ will be at the school all year.â€

“That sounds exciting, I wonder what subject they’ll be teaching?â€

“She’s been selected to participate in the second triwizard tournament task.â€

“Yes we had a letter about the tournament, she must really be getting stuck in with it and making all sorts of foreign connections.â€

“Says she was part of a secret defence club?â€

“Oh I’m so glad she’s finally getting involved in the clubs, it’ll be good for her, you know she studies too muchâ€

“I wonder why we didn’t get any updates from the school this year? They always seem to have something going on.â€

“I’ve been thinking you know, about moving to Australia. We did always want to.â€

“I don’t know what’s been stopping us all these years to be honest. Let’s do it.â€

HERMIONE-can you imagine RON maybe having to convince her to write as little as possible in her letters home??? OMG why couldn't we see what R/Hr were doing when Harry was not with them!!

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!! :)

Credit to youmustbemrsweasley.tumblr.com

• 2 months later...

Hey!!!!! :) I am back!!!! Been on vacation, then was immediately thrown right back into work...

Read CC...this is all I have to say---THANK GOD ROMIONE WAS STILL THEMSELVES....the Romione moments made me laugh and smile. Everything else- BLECH.....

I read FF because it gives me my Romione fix ;) but yeah I know they can be non- canon at times. You just have to weed thru and find the true Romione writers.

ROMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yes the Romione moments in the book were the only saving grace, and I loved them in all the timelines...and they were the only factor or reason for making me hooked throughout the book....and with so many golden RoMione moments in the seven books itself, the cursed child book also quite maintains a pretty good level for RoMione, and I am happy as a R/Hr shipper but not as a Potterhead....

@CbMac: Yeah I know there are many RoMione writers who wrote keeping very close to canon and I love reading them and yes its the best way to remain happy as a crazy RoMione shipper....but if you have R/Hr FFs in your bookmark that are close to CANON, please provide me those links,I will be very grateful...RoMione is the only thing which make me happy when I really feel low in my life

Does any of you watched or read #Fantastic Beasts and where to find them? I got my copy of the screenplay ebook, going to read it ASAP, just got tied up with work right now....If any of u have read it, any reviews?

I have started re-reading the 'original books' just so as to forget this entire cursed child saga.

Yes, the R/Hr moments were fine, but there are far too many things to dislike about the book that I do not even want to accept this book as canon. I found all characters except Ginny and Prof McGonagall behaving out of character.

I totally hated the fact was Ron was made to look just like a sidekick  for comic relief passing stupid jokes in the worst of circumstances. I just do not think he would ever gift a love potion to anyone after what one such thing did to him.

I hated the fact that Hermione was made the Minister of Magic just to fit her into the plot. I do not think she is the kind of a person who would become a minister, she even says that in the Deathly Hallows Book that "I want to do good for the world"  rather than becoming MoM. She would have been the right choice for head of dept of regulation  and control of magical creatures where she could have taken SPEW forward.

Both Ron and Hermione contribute nothing to the plot, nothing at all, even if you take them away, the plot would still remain the same.

Harry would never ever talk that rudely to his son, never. If at all Albus had this insecurity of being in the shadows of a famous family, the first person who could have helped him out was none other than Ron! He knows very well how to share the limelight with the chosen one, the brightest witch of his generation and his brothers. Ron could have easily helped Albus out, instead the plot goes haywire with the whole time turner thingy.

Scorpius is indeed a likeable character. But I hated how Draco was made to look like a saint. He can never be having a heart to heart conversation with Harry. He gets much more importance than Ron and Hermione.

And I do not want to get started on the whole Voldy Bella thing.

The R/Hr moments were good, but I got a feeling that these moments were all forced to please fans. The moments did not seem natural. Come on! Ron is not stupid enough to get drunk on his wedding day! And I really don't agree with the Yule Ball alternative reality. Yes, Yule Ball was indeed a major turning point in RHr relationship. But even if things had not started happening during Yule Ball, things would have happened later on, because tensions between them was growing. I cannot accept that just because Hermione did not dance with Krum, the relationship would have never happened.

And how could they make Rose look so evil. A child raised by Ron and Hermione, how can she tell Albus on the first day that "They should choose the right friend"?  Is'nt that similar to what Draco warned Harry on his first day on Hogwarts express?

They even had a moment to appease Dramione fans!!!! I can agree with H/Hr shippers that they do have a point, but they chose to appease Dramione shippers! How disgusting!!

I am sorry for the long post friends, I just  want to Obliviate myself to believe that Cursed Child never existed.

I usually don't like fan fiction unless they are very true to canon and if the characters stay true to character.

But I was simply bowled over by this great work by a RHR shipper who compiled together many chapters of missing Ron and Hermuone moments from all books.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6922387/1/Moments

What I liked the most was how Ron and Hermione are perfectly Ron and Hermione in her stories. 

Chapters 1,2,6.15 and 29 are some of my favourites.

This FF has got rave reviews from many users and is totally worth reading.

Unfortunately, the author stops midway through Deathly Hallows and she has'nt updated her story for 3 years now. Hope she comes back and finishes the story.

@R/Hr shipper : Completely agreed with ur whole point. Its the best thing to do, re-reading the original seven books. Even Albus has been shown such a spoiled kid, I couldn't believe Harry and Ginny can have such a son....and the same applied for Rose too. I too dont think RoMione wouldnot happen if Hermione didnot go to the Ball with Krum but even if they weren't married, that tension was still between them which was shown in Cursed Child. And the saddest thing is Ron and Hermione's charcters had really not given much importance in the plot. And abt giving so much importance to Draco, I have really nothing to say and they have tried to whitewash his charcter a lot. And Scorpius is a really lovable charcter. 

Thanks for the link. Gonna read it as u are saying its close to canon.

I usually don't like fan fiction unless they are very true to canon and if the characters stay true to character.

But I was simply bowled over by this great work by a RHR shipper who compiled together many chapters of missing Ron and Hermuone moments from all books.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6922387/1/Moments

What I liked the most was how Ron and Hermione are perfectly Ron and Hermione in her stories. 

Chapters 1,2,6.15 and 29 are some of my favourites.

This FF has got rave reviews from many users and is totally worth reading.

Unfortunately, the author stops midway through Deathly Hallows and she has'nt updated her story for 3 years now. Hope she comes back and finishes the story.

Edited by Ronmione_Sim

@ Romione_Sim.

Yeah, that's the best thing to do. Lets forget that there was even a book called Cursed Child. For me the Harry Potter series ends on Platform 9 3/4 19 years after the war.

By the way I watched the Fantastic Beasts movie. It was pretty good I liked it a lot. I have'nt read the book, but I heard that it doesn't have much of a relation with the book.

I think JKR herself handling the screenplay instead of Kloves made a whole lot of difference.

Personally, I do not like the HP movies much compared to the books (except for the first 2) since it deviated too much away from the book and for making Ron a mere side-kick. I still remember how furious I became when I watched the PoA movie in which one of Ron's character defining moments was stolen and given to Hermione: "If you need to kill Harry, you need to kill us too"