The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

So cute!! Definitely, Rupert and Emma ;)

Thanks for posting! Totally R/E, so I'm commenting in the proper thread. :yesyes:

That sounds good.

Well, even if I'm willing to play devil's advocate, nothing could ever avert me from R/Hr. It's my literary passion (and obsession :lol: ) so to speak. Likewise, I don't expect to convert any H/Hr-shippers. Wouldn't it be interesing if a couple of H/HR-ers would play devil's advocate too?

And how about some rules? Argue your ship (be it as a true shipper or devil's advocate) without bashing any characters, without denigrading any of the friendships shown in the series., without calling any couple boring or abusive et al. Basically, without the all the mean stuff that has been said during the shipping wars from BOTH sides. I'm sure it would give us new insights into the series, the characters and ourselves if we could discuss it open-minded and respectful. And most likely we will thus have a whole lot of fun. :)

I was actually going to mention some rules like that. If you are a R/Hr shipper and you become a H/Hr shipper, then the opposite should also be expected.

It'll give everyone an idea of how it is to stand in other one's shoes nd it won't be one sided.

It's only fair.

Depending on the level of interactions, I might be posting my favourite H/Hr moments. Because I do love them as friends as much as I love H/R.

All canon, of course.

Excellent way of putting it >.<

Thank you! That's how I feel about Ron. Without him, both H/Hr fell apart and Harry was definitely not in the mood for a happy dance.

One of them lost the love of her life, the other one lost his BEST mate -and the closest to a brother he's ever known-.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg...some of the comments on that page...people need a smack! 'ron and hermione is sooo fake bella and edwardd!'

makes me so angry. the pair of them, KStew and RPatz are sooooo awkward!

Totally agree!!! Ron and Hermione forever!!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

Ugh ok, first off whoever came here from H/Hr shipperland- REALLY??? WHY? Yall have NO LEG to stand on whatsoever-it could NEVER have been Harry and Hermione- when they were 15 years old, OOTP, a blind person could have seen it was Ron and Hermione with no question. I dont care if people shipped H/Hr when they were 11-14 because at that age it means nothing. When you start to hit that 15/16 age, that is when TRUE feelings come out. With no question it was always Ron/Hermione from OOTP on...I cant stand listening to these goofy shipping wars anymore-there is no war- the best ship won (R/HR) and the H/Hr shippers cant stand that fact. Too bad, too sad, move on your ship sailed at age 14 in movies and books. Be happy w. Ginny and Harry. UGH... sorry my fellow R/Hr shippers- had to be said LOL

Laura I cant WAIT to read it girl :)

Luciana, will look at that vid later-got alot of R/E and R/Hr to get caught up on ;)

I think it was not the smartest maneuver bringing H/Hr shipping over here...just saying-it is all about R/Hr here. I have seen some H/Hr postings and again no leg to stand on- look at how much Ron loves Hermione and Hermione loves Ron-they would die for each other. When Hermione broke Harry's wand, he was p*&^& off w. her. Ron's reaction would have been something like at least you got us out. Ron RESPECTS Hermione, Harry doesnt (imo).

I think it was not the smartest maneuver bringing H/Hr shipping over here...just saying-it is all about R/Hr here. I have seen some H/Hr postings and again no leg to stand on- look at how much Ron loves Hermione and Hermione loves Ron-they would die for each other. When Hermione broke Harry's wand, he was p*&^& off w. her. Ron's reaction would have been something like at least you got us out. Ron RESPECTS Hermione, Harry doesnt (imo).

I agree with your assessment, except that I think Harry does respect Hermione. He just tends to be annoyed with her sometimes. But I'm confused. Who brought H/Hr shipping here? This is an open thread and I guess we can't forbid anyone to come here, although I agree it would be best for each shipper to just stick to their own thread if they don't have anything good to say about the other ship. I.E. I would never go over to the Harmony thread and tell them that I think H/Hr wouldn't really work as a romantic couple, although that's what I believe. I would go over there to tell them how lovely I think Harry and Hermione's friendship is and that I think they care about each other a lot. You know the positive things about the other ship. I think H/Hr shippers should be able to enjoy their ship to the fullest in the Harmony thread and we R/Hr shippers should be able to enjoy R/Hr to the fullest in our thread. And of course I personally welcome each Harmony shipper who wants to come here and say something nice about our ship. :king:

For everything else, we have a new Debate thread. :)

Edited by galadriel12

LOL...I think someone here decided hey let's invite the H/Hr shippers over here- first off, after DH, there should be NO such thing as H/Hr shippers anymore ;) Second, H/Hr shippers I feel are very close minded and put down Ron, like he doesnt deserve Hermione- well guess what-the most clever, brightest witch of her age chose her ginger over the Chosen One! hehe...as for Harry not respecting Hermione-you are right galadriel-he does respect her but he does get annoyed w. her too. Ron and her get annoyed w. each other but in the most endearing, sweetest, cutest way. I have no problem H/Hr supporters coming here just dont put down Ron or anything of the sort.

LOL Luciana, I admit I would be a bit torn between tears of laughter and tears of anguish if such an event were to occur...

Oh and I loved the video you posted a couple of pages back too :)

As for Jon's marvellous suggestion about this Devil's Advocate thingy, I think it is a wonderful idea. I'm definately in, if and when I find enough time to construct a reasonably well- researched and argued post, you shall see me in the debate thread! Might be some time though... :mellow:

+1 to everything you said, cbmac. :D

Besides, an argument won't really be such if both R/Hr shippers and H/Hr shippers defend the same ship. And it definitely looks like so at the moment... :blink:

If H/Hr win best kiss, but not R/Hr, I will kill somebody!!!!! :angry:

There's two of us now. :D

Edited by vida

Seriously THAT WAS NOT HARRY AND HERMIONE!!!!!!!!! WHAT KISS? That was Riddle!!!! Yall are freakin delusional!!!

Hehe thanks vida ;)

R/Hr win the kiss in 2011 DEFINITELY ;)

Ok I have kept my tongue quiet for a bit...but I have to say this... for anyone who is not a R/Hr shipper to come here and want things for H/Hr to happen doesnt belong here. If this is how crazy the shipper wars were at the start,then I am very happy that I was not part of them from the beginning. RON/HERMIONE RULES!!!!! :)

Edited by cbmac12

Well I came here from HHR land two years ago, but that was two years ago lol. I like both ships and lost my passion for both, but I still enjoy being a part of both. But I am pretty sure there are more interesting couples out there in the world than RHR and I am not insane about them or any ship to be frank. :) But it is still nice to talk about both.

Edited by Harry.Stan.luv.

That is cool! But like I said this is R/Hr thread...if people wanna talk about R/Hr I am all up for that!!! ;) Otherwise, not the thread to be in. R/Hr ROCKED it in DH and will blow everyone out of the water in DH 2 too... will prove ONCE AND FOR ALL WHY THEY (MR. AND MRS. RONALD WEASLEY AKA RON AND HERMIONE) BELONG TOGETHER!! :)

:P I know not to talk of HHR in here :D. But it is hard to strike up a conversation when I like RHR together, not uber-love them together. But yeah, they were great in DH! One of my fav parts is when Ron touched Hermione's face after they Obliviated the Death Eaters in the cafe. I dunno, just the simple touch, no words... I loved that moment. :)

Besides, an argument won't really be such if both R/Hr shippers and H/Hr shippers defend the same ship. And it definitely looks like so at the moment... :blink:

I hope many of us HeRo people join that thread and argue for R/Hr. Just that a few of us think it interesting to try and see the H/Hr side. As I said in one of my posts there, no arguing AGAINST R/Hr (which I would never, never ever do), but trying to find arguments for H/Hr. Arguments that do NOT include denigrading Ron or Ginny. There is also one H/Hr s shipper there who agreed to play "devil's advocate" in favour of R/Hr and she said some pretty accurate things about our beloved couple.

Seriously THAT WAS NOT HARRY AND HERMIONE!!!!!!!!! WHAT KISS? That was Riddle!!!! Yall are freakin delusional!!!

Too true. But what can we do? People are just like they are. I don't mind if some like that "kiss" and it's not my responsibility if some don't understand what the whole scene was about. And it's just MTV after all. I mean, honestly, it's just MTV. Maybe it's because I'm ancient, but I won't get riled up over something like that. Of course I do think that the Riddle-kiss has no place there at all and maybe it won't be nominated in the first place. But if it is. it just proves how meaningless that whole stuff is. It's not like the Oscars or BAFTAs or other prestigious movie awards, right? That doesn't mean I won't be happy if R/Hr wins next year, but in the great scheme of things the only thing that counts is that we get to see THE KISS next year. And it will be great and wonderful and lovely and everything. :D

Ok I have kept my tongue quiet for a bit...but I have to say this... for anyone who is not a R/Hr shipper to come here and want things for H/Hr to happen doesnt belong here. If this is how crazy the shipper wars were at the start,then I am very happy that I was not part of them from the beginning. RON/HERMIONE RULES!!!!! :)

I have been a part of the shipper wars at its very end and believe me, it was worse. Much worse. And everyone who's not been a participant can be glad. The horrible things said about our ship and specifically Ron ... still gives me nightmares. So yeah, if someone doesn't have anything good to say about R/Hr, they should please just stick to the H/Hr thread.

But yeah, they were great in DH! One of my fav parts is when Ron touched Hermione's face after they Obliviated the Death Eaters in the cafe. I dunno, just the simple touch, no words... I loved that moment. :)

Oh, God. I almost fainted when I saw that! My jaw literally dropped. I had never expected to see such a tender almost intimate gesture between Ron and Hermione in DH1 already. Oh my, it might be my favourite R/Hr moment. Together with the hug after Seven Potters and Hermione taking off the glasses off Ron. And of course Ron's speech after his return. And the Piano scene. Dammit, who am I kidding. I love all the R/Hr scenes. As cbmac said: RON/HERMIONE RULES!!!!!

Awesome post galadriel!!! :)

As for the playing devil's davocate- I am going to decline and say no- there is no point. There was never H/Hr, period.

Ok onto happier things- I say let's move on and talk about what scenes we hope to see w/ R/Hr in part 2 and what were the best scenes in DH part 1...part 1- EVERY FREAKIN R/HR moment were the best scenes ;) BUT I have to say and I dont know why it was my favorite out of every scene-was that sweet and tender (albeit quick shot) of Hermione laying her head on Ron's shoulder and him having his arm around her but then moved his hand to her hair to stroke her-like I said it was quick but that was happened. There was something just so freakin hot and tender and sweet about that 3 sec moment. Hermione just knew she was safe in Ron's arms and knew how much she loves Ron at that moment after MM. I was just jumping up and down in my seat after that moment. Also, it looks like not only is Hermione sad for what happened to Dobby and feeling sad for Harry too, but she honestly looks like she is collapsing from fatigue on Ron and he will care for her. Which leads me to part 2... I really, really hope they give us that solo R/Hr moment in SC that was in the spoilers-the way that scene is played out just sounds so sweet and beautiful-w. R/E chemistry will knock it out of the park. I am also curious to see how Ron will react now that Hermione's life has been in danger when they continue their mission. You know he will be protective and loving even moreso because he knows he loves her. Hermione I can picture being all happy and moved by Ron wanting to keep her safe but at the same time letting him know that she can take care of herself but letting Ron know she loves him too. Finally of course THE KISS ;) Just overall, I just cant wait to see the love between our couple. I have a funny feeling that even though R/Hr will of course be there for Harry, like they always are (they are our TRIO :))that R/Hr will paying even closer attention to each other and Harry being more background-sorry Harry! But ya know Harry will love that :) He knows his best friends are in love and he will show that happiness and excitement.

Edited by cbmac12

Awesome post galadriel!!! :)

Thanks. :blush:

As for the playing devil's davocate- I am going to decline and say no- there is no point. There was never H/Hr, period.

Fair point. :)

What do I look forward to the most in DH2? I am so thrilled that Rupert said something like R/Hr will be very coupley touchy in DH2 and I'm certainly looking forward to all of that. My expectations for THE KISS are so high that I'm starting to fear that I will be disappointed somehow. The WB just has a history of muckng up my favourite scenes, so idk. But I know there will be a scene when Hermione consoles Ron - likely after Fred's death. As horrible as the fact of Fred dying is and as sad as that scene will be, I am looking forward to that. It will show the deep caring bond the two have.

Edited by galadriel12

I'm very excited for DH2 and all their touchy feely scenes and of course THE KISS. Because of Rupert and Emma's chemistry, I have faith that we won't be disappointed. The director's face was beaming when he said it was "one hell of a snog". I would LOVE it if they did a double feature and showed DH1 before a midnight screening of DH2.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi. Been very busy with Christmas/end of the year stuff. Have been playing DVDs 1-6 all weekend. Although I'm multi-tasking, it's nice having it on, and I plan on having a proper "concentrated" marathon once my to do list is done.

P.S. Does anyone else love it when Hermione calls Ron Ronald? =)

Moving on. Yessss. :)

In part 2, I am going to say that the single scene I am looking forward to THE MOST, is THE KISS.

I felt exactly the same while I was reading the book. While it was important for me to know that Harry finally was going to defeat Voldemort, I was really REALLY eager about R/Hr's kiss. I knew it was going to come in the end, but my expectation grew with every page I read.

The kiss was the only one moment where I experienced such anticipation feelings, so I think it's fair to say that one will be THE moment of the series for me.

I know R/E are going to make the kiss justice as at least Emma has been quite vocal about its importance in the series. :)

@rupertandemmagrint, yes, I love when Hermione refers to Ron as Ronald. As much as I love when he calls her 'Mione. :wub:

Edited by vida

^^ like in order of the phoenix when she says 'i dont understand why you dont want to wear it, Ronald'

hahaha about his jumper he gets for christmas! funny times.

I just got back to ENGLAND! so excited to sleep in my own bed. Terrible drive home tho. a lorry crashed into us ahhh hit the car right into the door where i was sitting!

so surprised we didnt die :|

@rupertandemmagrint, yes, I love when Hermione refers to Ron as Ronald. As much as I love when he calls her 'Mione. :wub:

I believe Hermione has called Ron "Ronald" exactly once (DH), while Ron calling Hermione "Mione" has never happened... except in fanfictions for reasons I can't understand.

Hermione called Ron Ronald in PoA, GoF, HBP, OOTP... as for Mione I cant recall any times he has called her Mione but I could be wrong!!!

YESSSS the KISSSSSSS.... I feel that we WONT be disappointed AT ALL...R/E chemistry will own DH 2 like they did DH 1...btw went to the cinemas again (saw w. friends who wanted to see it again-who am I to say no hehe) and literally everyone in that theater was loving the R/Hr moments-people made sweet noises during the piano scene and when Ron stroked her cheek sigh...they also laughed when Hermione glared at him for "Twilight" and the "voting" scene when she just stared at him LOL...they all cracked up when she beat him up, especially when she was going for her wand ;)

galadriel, I know what ya mean about the Fred scene (Emma said she had to keep going w. the scene but wanted to stop to tell Rupert how amazing he was and realized that they were still doing the scene awww)...DH 2 will be VERY coupley-- CANT WAIT-to see Ron taking care of Hermione, protecting her, loving her, holding her, her holding onto him, her loving him...is it July yet? LOL

LAURA!! Welcome back to your home!! That accident sounds scary!!!! I skidded the other day into the other lane *had there been a car we would have crashed-darn snow. I am glad yall are ok now!!!

Edited by cbmac12

I believe Hermione has called Ron "Ronald" exactly once (DH), while Ron calling Hermione "Mione" has never happened... except in fanfictions for reasons I can't understand.

Not only once. She has referred to him as 'Ronald' mostly when she's upset with him, which I find really cute. And I think 'Mione is just a movie addition that I find quite beautiful... or maybe it's just the way Rupert softly pronounces it, which makes me think that he misses the 'Her' part at times.

As for the fanfic, I cannot tell how they call each other, as I hardly read any.