The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

vida good call!!! You are too right about Rupert's soft voice- it DOES sound like he is saying Mione- that the Her disappears... like now I can picture OOTP and it does sound like "Mione you are honestly the most wonderful person I have ever met..."---it does sound like the Her is not being said! Good catch!!! ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hermione called Ron Ronald in PoA, GoF, HBP, OOTP... as for Mione I cant recall any times he has called her Mione but I could be wrong!!!

In the movies. NOT in the books. Like jmc said, in the books, Hermione calls him "Ronald" only once and that's when she even uses his full name "Ronald Bilius Weasley" when he returns in DH. So basically, this excessive use of "Ronald" is a movie invention. "Mione" is fan-fiction.

galadriel, I know what ya mean about the Fred scene (Emma said she had to keep going w. the scene but wanted to stop to tell Rupert how amazing he was and realized that they were still doing the scene awww)...DH 2 will be VERY coupley-- CANT WAIT-to see Ron taking care of Hermione, protecting her, loving her, holding her, her holding onto him, her loving him...is it July yet? LOL

I will need heaps of tissues in DH2 I guess. Tears of sadness for our fallen heroes and tears of happiness for all the wonderful, lovely R/Hr bits.

We know the movies have been (free) adaptations of the books for a while now, so if they are going to make alterations about how the characters call each other, I'd rather see these moments happening with the canon couple.

Otherwise we would have to start complaining about the added R/Hr moments which are non-existent in the book as well.

I'd rather they keep the story as close to the books as possible, but I understand that is quite far-fetched thinking imo, so the name alterations by themselves are not an issue for me.

Ron and Hermione are unique. They are the most wonderful couple I've ever saw! I love them forever!! :wub:

They are quite unique.

The way they bicker though have sometimes made me compare them with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler in 'Gone With The Wind'.

I'm glad R/Hr won.

Even though both R/Hr and E/B are the main couples of their respective series, the comparison is pointless. The way each romance evolved is completely different.

While E/B were 'in-love' with each other from the moment they met, R/Hr's slowly but steadily developed as they were growing up.

These couples romances are as different as the authors' writing styles.

Edited by vida

Vida ya know I have never read TW, so I dont know much about the romance of E/B and such-all I do know is they shove that couple down our throats like mad...the only thing I do know is the innocence yet sexiness of R/Hr romance ;)

Just wanted to say I'm a 100% R&Hr shipper. well I've been a R/Hr shipper pretty much Since the shipper wars started.

Before that I've have never heard of the word "Shipper" in relationship terms al least :yesyes:

See you are talking about It. Can't wait for the Kiss either. :ohyeah: .

We know the movies have been (free) adaptations of the books for a while now, so if they are going to make alterations about how the characters call each other, I'd rather see these moments happening with the canon couple.

Otherwise we would have to start complaining about the added R/Hr moments which are non-existent in the book as well.

I'd rather they keep the story as close to the books as possible, but I understand that is quite far-fetched thinking imo, so the name alterations by themselves are not an issue for me.

The name alterations aren't an issue for me either. At least not a huge one, although I felt at times Hermione calling Ron "Ronald" sounded a bit condescending. I'm also a canon-purist and just couldn't resist pointing out that Hermione in the books always calls Ron "Ron", except this one time. :)

They are quite unique.

The way they bicker though have sometimes made me compare them with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler in 'Gone With The Wind'.

Lizzie Bennet and Mr Darcy, Beatrice and Benedict, Katherine and Petruccio .... the list of classical bickering couples is impressive and Ron and Hermione belong on that list. They already are a classic literary couple too, IMO.

Welcome to the forum, trixie!

Laura, welcome back to England! I'm glad you're ok after your accident, sounds like a miracle you weren't hurt! :unsure:

About the name alterations, "'Mione" in fanfiction really annoys me. I usually stop reading as soon as I see that, in fact. I can see where people might have got that from Rupert's pronunciation in the movies, but honestly I've never noticed him deliberately call her "'Mione", I think it's just the softness of his voice sometimes.

As for 'Ronald', I can live with it, but I do prefer canon Hermione's use of 'Ron'. As Sabine said, 'Ronald', whilst it can be cute I suppose, can sometimes seem condescending, whereas Hermione's use of 'Ron' in the books whatever her mood with him shows the lasting respect and familiarity of a close friend, IMO, rather than the almost schoolteacherly disdain that 'Ronald'can sometimes imply.

I know this might not be the appropriate place, and I'm not sure of the "exact" day per se, but I wanted to wish Kristen, our fearless Captain a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :ohyeah: I know it's sometime around now! :king:

Accio Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made you this cake and cupcakes to share with us all! I hope you like it! :P

My link

You truly are the brightest Witch of your Age! :D

I know this might not be the appropriate place, and I'm not sure of the "exact" day per se, but I wanted to wish Kristen, our fearless Captain a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :ohyeah: I know it's sometime around now! :king:

Accio Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made you this cake and cupcakes to share with us all! I hope you like it! :P

My link

You truly are the brightest Witch of your Age! :D

OMG ITS KRISTENS Birthday!??

im going to post the next chapter tomorrow for your present, Kristen xxx

I still think that this kiss will not surpass the h/ hr one, if u look at what they did with h/g i'm not expecting much

You can't compare H/G with R/Hr, sorry. Ron and Hermione are the main couple so their kiss must be the best!!!

I still think that this kiss will not surpass the h/ hr one, if u look at what they did with h/g i'm not expecting much

You must be delusional, the horcrux kiss in part 1 can only be described as pathetic, comical.

*notices your avatar*

Yes, I was right.

You can't compare H/G with R/Hr, sorry. Ron and Hermione are the main couple so their kiss must be the best!!!

Exactly.

Besides, Emma has been very vocal about R/Hr kiss being the most important of the series, so I trust the actors did a marvellous job with the kiss. :lol: