The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DW your avi is all too cute and sweet for words ;) I loved this pic of Maggie and Rupert last year!! :)

Will need to check out the FF-no shamless plug-plug away!! :)

Back to R/Hr... after my multiple viewings of DH hehe....I dont think I ever really gave our Ron credit for saving Hermione in Malfoy Manor...I love the way he says "Like Hell" and then comes out and shoots Bellatrix's wand from her hands to keep from essentially killing our Hermione!! GO HERMIONE's ONE AND ONLY HERO!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Like Emma said, "Harry maybe the hero, but he is not for Hermione-Ron is" ;)

DW your avi is all too cute and sweet for words ;) I loved this pic of Maggie and Rupert last year!! :)

Will need to check out the FF-no shamless plug-plug away!! :)

Back to R/Hr... after my multiple viewings of DH hehe....I dont think I ever really gave our Ron credit for saving Hermione in Malfoy Manor...I love the way he says "Like Hell" and then comes out and shoots Bellatrix's wand from her hands to keep from essentially killing our Hermione!! GO HERMIONE's ONE AND ONLY HERO!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Like Emma said, "Harry maybe the hero, but he is not for Hermione-Ron is" ;)

I LOVE how he says "Like Hell". It´s so powerful and you just feel how determined he is so save his love :wub:

I hate to harp on a silly thing that disturbs me about the movies, but in regards to the whole Ron/Hermion aspect I really miss the House Elf story line. My disturbance has just as much to do with how it shows a certain side of Hermione's character and personality as is does that Ron's recongnition of the House Elve's autonomy is the igniting comment behind the kiss which we all are so looking forward too. The House Elf story line has multiple applications to the development of their relationship.

To me, when I read how Hermione is so passionate about a group that is underappreciated, it gives more credence to her feelings for Ron. It proves a character trait, of how she is so in tuned to the best aspects of someone. I don't think she views Ron like a project in the way that she sometimes pursues freedom for the House Elves... but she fights as fearlessly for Ron's feelings as she does for the House Elve's freedom. She fights for what she thinks is right and sometimes she looks past negative emotion to see all the positive. She is able to look past all of Winkie's cries and complaints and Kreacher's nasty comments and keep her eyes on the prize of freedom. With Ron, she internally blocks the negative emotion again, she is able to look past all their bickering and Ron's self confidence issues and once more, "keep her eyes on the prize", but this time the prize is something different: it's the boy who is slowly becoming the man she loves. I will say that I think the movies still show how much she appreciate's everything about Ron, but it does so in a different way. That's why I will always love my book Hermione and my book Ron the most! :wub:

I hate to harp on a silly thing that disturbs me about the movies, but in regards to the whole Ron/Hermion aspect I really miss the House Elf story line. My disturbance has just as much to do with how it shows a certain side of Hermione's character and personality as is does that Ron's recongnition of the House Elve's autonomy is the igniting comment behind the kiss which we all are so looking forward too. The House Elf story line has multiple applications to the development of their relationship.

To me, when I read how Hermione is so passionate about a group that is underappreciated, it gives more credence to her feelings for Ron. It proves a character trait, of how she is so in tuned to the best aspects of someone. I don't think she views Ron like a project in the way that she sometimes pursues freedom for the House Elves... but she fights as fearlessly for Ron's feelings as she does for the House Elve's freedom. She fights for what she thinks is right and sometimes she looks past negative emotion to see all the positive. She is able to look past all of Winkie's cries and complaints and Kreacher's nasty comments and keep her eyes on the prize of freedom. With Ron, she internally blocks the negative emotion again, she is able to look past all their bickering and Ron's self confidence issues and once more, "keep her eyes on the prize", but this time the prize is something different: it's the boy who is slowly becoming the man she loves. I will say that I think the movies still show how much she appreciate's everything about Ron, but it does so in a different way. That's why I will always love my book Hermione and my book Ron the most! :wub:

It still amazes me how our train of thought can be so similar at times. Just posted this reply briefly ago in the DH film thread, about what I like and don't like about the movies

This is quite true.

When the 1st movie came out, I had already read PS, CoS and PoA had a mental picture of how H/R/Hr were supposed to look like, but those thoughts started to slowly vanish, and towards the last couple of books all I could picture was the actual actors playing JK Rowling's scenes as I was reading the chapters.

They really do the trio justice.

What I really don't like about the movies is the fact that some crucial plots were underdeveloped, such as Hermione's SPEW.

I can understand time restrictions for it to be fully explained, but it should have been at least very roughly.

In the end, it not only sets a great example about how the minorities should be treated but it is also important as R/Hr get together after he finally gets her point (as JKR mentioned).

Less screentime should have been put on pointless ideas which were only in Kloves' mind and actually keep the movies as canon as possible.

Luciana we should be getting a trailer apparently Jan.24th!!!!!! So in a few weeks!!! :ohyeah::ohyeah:

What IF we see a QUICK shot of Hermione and Ron looking at each other post kiss????? :ohyeah::excited: We need the THUD icon LOL

Jon I have decided that books and movies just isnt the same.... they just didnt put on SPEW maybe because it was too much? Who knows....either way, I am dying to see how the kiss begins-all I do know is this- THEY ARE FREAKIN WET AND ALONE!!!!!!!!! THAT kiss scenario just sounds 1000 times better than the book one ;)

It still amazes me how our train of thought can be so similar at times. Just posted this reply briefly ago in the DH film thread, about what I like and don't like about the movies

:o I can't believe you just posted that! I think our Ron/Hermione brains/hearts have some kind of paranormal link Vida! :P:lol:

Luciana we should be getting a trailer apparently Jan.24th!!!!!! So in a few weeks!!! :ohyeah::ohyeah:

What IF we see a QUICK shot of Hermione and Ron looking at each other post kiss????? :ohyeah::excited: We need the THUD icon LOL

Jon I have decided that books and movies just isnt the same.... they just didnt put on SPEW maybe because it was too much? Who knows....either way, I am dying to see how the kiss begins-all I do know is this- THEY ARE FREAKIN WET AND ALONE!!!!!!!!! THAT kiss scenario just sounds 1000 times better than the book one ;)

I think that I'm doing that more now Kristen. I agree that they have to be viewed seperately. Sometimes I can't help but make the comparisons, but you are right... the movies do stand on their own in a way. I can't wait to see Part I come out on dvd and view it in context with the whole story line on DVD. Movie Ron/Hermione are just as awesome thanks to Rupert's and Emma's "acting". ;)

:rofl: hehe to R/E "acting" ;)

This will be all of us come DH 2 w. R/HR KISS :drool::excited::ohyeah: I dont know what we will all do-I am afraid I will make such a fool of myself in front of my friends!! LOL..meh so what right? hehe

Accio March-DVD :)

OMG This place is such a sanctuary! My life is so so hectic atm, with incredibly mixed emotions, and you fellow R/Hr shippers have no idea how truly lovely it is to be able to come in here and just read and be at peace and enjoy the incredible ship. I regret not having time to post in the last few months - I misjudged how busy my christmas break would be. I hope you all had a brilliant Christmas and lovely New Year?

Its a very small and insignificant question, but I always wondered how our lovely couple would spend New years? I have a vivid picture in my mind of all the clan going to the burrow, and watching a brilliant WWW fireworks display from an open upstairs window or two. I then always imagined all the kids (when they got older) sneaking away and meeting up with other Hogwarts friends, or inviting them over to the Burrow to welcome in the new year :D

OMG This place is such a sanctuary! My life is so so hectic atm, with incredibly mixed emotions, and you fellow R/Hr shippers have no idea how truly lovely it is to be able to come in here and just read and be at peace and enjoy the incredible ship. I regret not having time to post in the last few months - I misjudged how busy my christmas break would be. I hope you all had a brilliant Christmas and lovely New Year?

Its a very small and insignificant question, but I always wondered how our lovely couple would spend New years? I have a vivid picture in my mind of all the clan going to the burrow, and watching a brilliant WWW fireworks display from an open upstairs window or two. I then always imagined all the kids (when they got older) sneaking away and meeting up with other Hogwarts friends, or inviting them over to the Burrow to welcome in the new year :D

In the Burrow, definitely. It's a tradition!!!!!

Thank you Kristen, I just couldn't resist that picture! :D

LOL Jon and Vida, for some reason my mind is drawn towards another pair of friends who seem to have an uncanny knack for parallelling eachother... you'd better watch out there! ;):o:rofl:

I would (obviously) have liked to have seen SPEW in the movies too, although I appreciate that not every subplot is included. It's a shame because, as has been said, it is the subplots which contribute such a lot to the depth of characterisation, and I agree that we've lost a very endearing side to Hermione by not being able to see it, plus its impact on the R/Hr relationship. Having said that, I can appreciate WB's decision in cutting this out due to time constraints, because as much as I would have loved to see it, it doesn't affect the main plot as much as some other cuts might, and overall I think WB have made far worse errors.

Alex, welcome back, we've missed you! I know what you mean about a hectic Christmas break - in fact, I'm meant to be doing schoolwork right now... :0_0:

I'm not really sure about where the 'gang' (ha, that just makes me think of Scooby Doo!) would spend Christmas/New Year. I'm sure it would be at the Burrow, certainly whilst Molly was still alive ( :sob: ) because I doubt she would have allowed anything else! :P

Edited by Dumbledores Woman

ALERT: SPOILER!!!!!!

This is the script of the Chamber of Secret scene. I don't know if it's the original, but it sounds great!!! :ohyeah:

http://ronandhermionesource.tumblr.com/post/2592363780/edit-still-trying-to-do-research-on-it-i-am

I can't wait to see this scene!!!!!

OMG!!! Warning everyone!!! It's the dialogue of the kissing scene!

While I don't particularly mind reading this, I really hope the kiss scene is not leaked. I really don't wanna see that.

By its description, I like the 'angle' in which the kiss was shot though, as we won't have any cuts.

What we'll see it's the REal deal. ;)

Welcome back, Alex! I LOVED your description about our little R/Hr thread... 'a sanctuary'. :)

It's just so fitting. It is indeed a saint-like place where we can discuss all things about this greatly beloved couple JK Rowliing created and that we've all embraced and enjoyed. :)

As for your question, I also imagine everyone at the Burrow for Christmas (I wish I could sneak in too!).

They'd have soooo much fun over there! I imagine little Rose, Hugo, James,Albus, Lily, etc running around the place, and Ron being the life of the party, making jokes with George. :)

Hermione would, from time to time, put him in line if she feels like, while at the same time be amused by her husband's sense of humour (much like in the Epilogue).

Edited by vida

Sorry for double posting, but I really didn't want my previous post to drag for so long as sometimes it gets deleted! LOL

Thank you Kristen, I just couldn't resist that picture! :D

I love your pic too, Katharine. I have a feeling Maggie and Rupert love each other as if they were RL grandma & grandson!

LOL Jon and Vida, for some reason my mind is drawn towards another pair of friends who seem to have an uncanny knack for parallelling eachother... you'd better watch out there! ;):o:rofl:

I think about it as Harry and Hermione dynamic as they have a similar train of thought at times. ;)

I've found my Ron many years ago.

I would (obviously) have liked to have seen SPEW in the movies too, although I appreciate that not every subplot is included. It's a shame because, as has been said, it is the subplots which contribute such a lot to the depth of characterisation, and I agree that we've lost a very endearing side to Hermione by not being able to see it, plus its impact on the R/Hr relationship. Having said that, I can appreciate WB's decision in cutting this out due to time constraints, because as much as I would have loved to see it, it doesn't affect the main plot as much as some other cuts might, and overall I think WB have made far worse errors.

Alex, welcome back, we've missed you! I know what you mean about a hectic Christmas break - in fact, I'm meant to be doing schoolwork right now... :0_0:

I'm not really sure about where the 'gang' (ha, that just makes me think of Scooby Doo!) would spend Christmas/New Year. I'm sure it would be at the Burrow, certainly whilst Molly was still alive ( :sob: ) because I doubt she would have allowed anything else! :P

I think we all agree there, with the SPEW thing. Even though we all understand time restrictions, it would have been nice to have been mentioned at least.

Many things were left out from the movies, but what I don't like is the fact that they tend so 'ignore' crucial points while they 'support' others that don't really have anything to do with the canon stuff.

I guess what I try to say is, why on Earth would they have the time to add H/Hr stuff but actually don't have any for some canon issues?

It's really pointless to me and it still bothers me to no end. I don't think I'll ever come to terms with such. :unsure:

While I don't particularly mind reading this, I really hope the kiss scene is not leaked. I really don't wanna see that.

By its description, I like the 'angle' in which the kiss was shot though, as we won't have any cuts.

I liked the angle too!!! I hope they did it this way!!!! :D It's crazy but, I imagined the kiss scene just like this!! :o

AM TRYING TO RESIST READING-ok fail... I NEED to read it... but seriously guys if ANY of yall come across the spoiler/a spoiler for the KISS-PLEASE DO NOT POST-because I wont be able to stop myself!!! LOL

Laura, I saw your comment-maybe that is for later after the kiss yea? Who knows if it is legit like the tumblr- HAD BETTER BE FOR THE TUMBLR, anyway off to read description.

AHHHH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK!!!!!! It could be real--REal deal ;) hehe...good one vida...

Laura I see your point-but what if that one part was supposed to the horcrux acting up? I dont know... but the kiss angle seems BLOODY PERFECT. ;)

Welcome back, Alex! I LOVED your description about our little R/Hr thread... 'a sanctuary'. :)

It's just so fitting. It is indeed a saint-like place where we can discuss all things about this greatly beloved couple JK Rowliing created and that we've all embraced and enjoyed. :)

As for your question, I also imagine everyone at the Burrow for Christmas (I wish I could sneak in too!).

They'd have soooo much fun over there! I imagine little Rose, Hugo, James,Albus, Lily, etc running around the place, and Ron being the life of the party, making jokes with George. :)

Hermione would, from time to time, put him in line if she feels like, while at the same time be amused by her husband's sense of humour (much like in the Epilogue).

True or not I don't dare to try and find out. I'd hate to be spoiled.

AM TRYING TO RESIST READING-ok fail... I NEED to read it... but seriously guys if ANY of yall come across the spoiler/a spoiler for the KISS-PLEASE DO NOT POST-because I wont be able to stop myself!!! LOL

Laura, I saw your comment-maybe that is for later after the kiss yea? Who knows if it is legit like the tumblr- HAD BETTER BE FOR THE TUMBLR, anyway off to read description.

I really think that WB won't show the Kiss scene until the film is released. You know it's one of the most important scene of the film, they aren't stupid.

I really think that WB won't show the Kiss scene until the film is released. You know it's one of the most important scene of the film, they aren't stupid.

I think it's the most anticipated scene in the entire series lol

so yeah I agree I don't think they'll show it.

maybe just a quick shot of them facing each other like the one that was already shown (when they both start laughing :P) as a tease in the trailer :)

is there a date for the trailer btw?

I wasn't keeping track on that lol

One persons sanctuary is anothers sanitorium! :lol: *I tease* Your statement really is the truth Alex. Coming here is always a joy, not matter what is going on in our daily lives, these discusions always bring a smile.

I agree with the whole thing about the Burrow for Christmas especially... and while I don't really know how much money an Auror makes, I could see Harry and Ron treating their families to a trip, much like the Weasley's did in visiting Egypt, ONE OR TWO YEARS during the turn of the New Year. I say this too, because I could see Ron, who never grew up with a lot of money, really wanting to give his kids and Hermione an experiece that he might of felt he missed out on as a child given the family finances. And ofc, I'm not suggesting that Ron had a bad childhood AT ALL, I just mean, I could see him remembering some of his insecurities surrounding not being able to do the things that other wizarding families may have been able to do, and wanting to give the family an Extra Special treat.

ALERT: SPOILER!!!!!!

This is the script of the Chamber of Secret scene. I don't know if it's the original, but it sounds great!!! :ohyeah:

http://ronandhermionesource.tumblr.com/post/2592363780/edit-still-trying-to-do-research-on-it-i-am

I can't wait to see this scene!!!!!

Luciana, I am extremely skeptical of that account. Not because it isn't lovely, but because of what Laura mentioned -- plus the fact that the dialogue doesn't really meet with my expectations of a screenplay. It seems a bit underdeveloped to me.

That's the tough thing with spoilers, we don't know what the REal or misinformation surrounding the movie is. No matter what though, the kiss is going to be EPIC!

I think about it as Harry and Hermione dynamic as they have a similar train of thought at times. ;)

I've found my Ron many years ago.

I think we all agree there, with the SPEW thing. Even though we all understand time restrictions, it would have been nice to have been mentioned at least.

Many things were left out from the movies, but what I don't like is the fact that they tend so 'ignore' crucial points while they 'support' others that don't really have anything to do with the canon stuff.

I guess what I try to say is, why on Earth would they have the time to add H/Hr stuff but actually don't have any for some canon issues?

It's really pointless to me and it still bothers me to no end. I don't think I'll ever come to terms with such. :unsure:

While I believe Katharine was referencing Rupert and Emma (not Ron/Hermione) in her comment Vida, Your comparison prooves your point! :lol: As I concur (thinking alike again! :o) with your assessment of our friendship in the sense of a more Harry/Hermione type dynamic. And I am grateful to share that with you! :yesyes:

Sorry to keep agreeing over and over again! :P But I agree too with your comments about never trusting that I will be able to come to terms completely with some of the movie series omissions and adaptations. That said... I also believe the movies will be re-made sometime in the future. I'm a little bit disapointed in the sense that I think the casting for this series was so amazing and may never be matched... but I think there is an ability to tell the story more along the lines of the canon in the future. Does anyone ever envision a cartoon movie version of the HP series... like Rankin and Bass did years ago with the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Series? I would think Pixar or somebody would jump on the opportunity to produce an HP Series like that somewhere down the road?