The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Well, I don't know how to say it but... the piano scene was cut!!! :(

At least, we'll see Ron cry while Hermione is being tortured. Also, Ron defends Hermione of one snatcher who is trying to touch her.

Only two weeks to see it!!!! I'm very anxious!! :D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hands Jon a couple of Keenex*

I'm so glad that report was fake. I was looking forward to seeing that lovely piano scene so much. 

This is from an interview in Entertainment Weekly - slightly spoilerish because it contains Rupert's take on the R/Hr kiss

EXCLUSIVE - Rupert Grint Interview – “It felt like the last day at school,†says Grint. “Packing up all the stuff that was in my dressing room, all the old toys still there from when I was 11…I’d underestimated how emotional it would be. We all cried.†On speaking of his big moment that all seven books had been leading up to,* “The kiss happened quite naturally, and in the second part of Deathly Hallows they’re really quite couply, holding hands a lot. It wasn’t like it came from nowhere. It was quite a tricky kiss, a bit strange, but quite sweet really. It was just one shot, but we had about six takesâ€.

And this is majorly spoilerish. An actual scene from the movie (not a clip, someone managed to record it while watching the movie)

Vite, vite, before it's taken down. ;)

^That guy was a fake. It's still in.

Yes, I read that. I really hope that scene is in the film. :)

I remember last year the scene when Ron and Hermione were looking out of the window was cut. I was very disoppointed.

*hands Jon a couple of Keenex*

I'm so glad that report was fake. I was looking forward to seeing that lovely piano scene so much. 

This is from an interview in Entertainment Weekly - slightly spoilerish because it contains Rupert's take on the R/Hr kiss

EXCLUSIVE - Rupert Grint Interview – “It felt like the last day at school,†says Grint. “Packing up all the stuff that was in my dressing room, all the old toys still there from when I was 11…I’d underestimated how emotional it would be. We all cried.†On speaking of his big moment that all seven books had been leading up to,* “The kiss happened quite naturally, and in the second part of Deathly Hallows they’re really quite couply, holding hands a lot. It wasn’t like it came from nowhere. It was quite a tricky kiss, a bit strange, but quite sweet really. It was just one shot, but we had about six takesâ€.

And this is majorly spoilerish. An actual scene from the movie (not a clip, someone managed to record it while watching the movie)

AWWWWWWWWWWW RUPERT- moving this over to R/E land ;) (My comments ;))....

I was crying during Malfoy Manor- I had to watch.... good thing too because I lost it. HERMIONE :( RON :(

This is amazing!!! Thanks for posting, Sabine!

I feel like camping out at the cinema until the Premiere!!!

I was really wondering about something regarding the kiss scene and I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on it.

Do ya'll think that the same comment from Ron regarding the autonomy of the house elves, to chose whether or not to fight, will be the spark that intiates the Ron/Hermione kiss?

I have two primary feelings regarding this. First off, I will be disapointed if it is some other non house elf related comment that brings about the kiss. Secondly, as much as I want it to follow canon, with regards to the motivations behind Hermione's pouncing on Ron, I really feel like the whole House Elf side of the story was very underdeveloped throughout the films, and that to use that comment as the spark for the kiss might seem awkward to audience members whom have never read the series.

I think that is something of a delema for the writers, but I hope that they stuck with canon on this one, I will be highly disapointed if the whole House Elf aspect is disregarded. In a way it's a slap in the face to the very thing Hermione was fighting for in the book by the movies treating the House Elves story like a second hand pair of old dirty socks. :(

Have ya seen the latest clip w. Ron/Hermione and Kreacher?! LOL....

Also, I dont know what initiates THE kiss-we will have to wait another 8 months!!! WOW long time!!! But happy to have it spread out ;)

cbmac, you know me, I won't watch spoilers. I don't want to see any scenes until I see the movie. The previews are one thing, and granted, I have read the books, so it's not like there should be any big surprises in store. I just can't bring myself to do it, there's some kind of mental block there for me. :huh:

I was really wondering about something regarding the kiss scene and I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on it.

Do ya'll think that the same comment from Ron regarding the autonomy of the house elves, to chose whether or not to fight, will be the spark that intiates the Ron/Hermione kiss?

I have two primary feelings regarding this. First off, I will be disapointed if it is some other non house elf related comment that brings about the kiss. Secondly, as much as I want it to follow canon, with regards to the motivations behind Hermione's pouncing on Ron, I really feel like the whole House Elf side of the story was very underdeveloped throughout the films, and that to use that comment as the spark for the kiss might seem awkward to audience members whom have never read the series.

I think that is something of a delema for the writers, but I hope that they stuck with canon on this one, I will be highly disapointed if the whole House Elf aspect is disregarded. In a way it's a slap in the face to the very thing Hermione was fighting for in the book by the movies treating the House Elves story like a second hand pair of old dirty socks. :(

I read somewhere that the movie kiss is iniciated after Hermione hears the Horcrux telling her that Ron doesn't love her, and so on...

However, I'd love to have a 'canon' kiss, and I think people who haven't read the books might just have enough information for such to happen.

We know of Dobby and Kreacher's existence, for example, and we also know through Chamber of Secrets' movie that house-elves are slaves. So I think Ron's line about saving the ones at Hogwarts might still be viable...

I hope such happens at least, because Hermione not being able to hold her feelings for Ron anymore and run to his arms is due to the fact of him being sensitive enough to value all forms of life, not just wizards, which is one of the core values Hermione stands for. :D

I have two primary feelings regarding this.  First off, I will be disapointed if it is some other non house elf related comment that brings about the kiss.  Secondly, as much as I want it to follow canon, with regards to the motivations behind Hermione's pouncing on Ron, I really feel like the whole House Elf side of the story was very underdeveloped throughout the films, and that to use that comment as the spark for the kiss might seem awkward to audience members whom have never read the series.

I think that is something of a delema for the writers, but I hope that they stuck with canon on this one, I will be highly disapointed if the whole House Elf aspect is disregarded.  In a way it's a slap in the face to the very thing Hermione was fighting for in the book by the movies treating the House Elves story like a second hand pair of old dirty socks.   :(

Well, we have Kreacher and Dobby in the movie (DH1) and not to mention Dobby heroically saving the trio from Malfoy Manor and then dying. That affected the trio a lot, not only Harry, all of them. So, it would make sense to include a line about saving the Hogwarts House Elves. The movie-only people would be able to get the point. But, there has never been a mention about House-elves being at Hogwarts in the movies at all, IIRC. And Hermione's worthy cause has unfortunately been cut as well. So I'm pretty sure they'll have something else to incite the kiss.

There used to be this spoiler guy a couple of months ago, but he has disappeared so I think he might have been fake too. Anyway, he said that Herminone kisses Ron to encourage him because he doubts he will be able to get the Parseltounge to open the CoS right. I hated that scenario and I do hope it's false. Ron is capable in his own right to open the Chamber. It was his idea to use Parseltounge and he got it right eventually. The whole thing was his plan really, from remembering the Basilisk poison in the Chamber which would help them to destroy Horcruxes, to bringing a broomstick to get them out of the Chamber again, to use Parseltounge to open it. That's why Hermione was so impressed by him.

I could live with the scneario that Hermione kind of breaks down because the Cup-Horcrux tells her Ron doesn't love her, but I'm not sure that description is legit either. So I guess we all will have to wait until July next year. *sigh*

LOL I soooo knew I was gonna find this comment in here hahahaa :P

LOL!!!! I actually meant to put it in the R/E thread!!! LOL- I THOUGHT I was in R/E thread and made a mistake!! Sorry guys!!

As for why the KISS happens- as Ron says "WHO CARES" (CoS about Lockhart hurt in the duel)...it just happens ;) I dont know either in what scenario it will be- sigh is right have to wait til July!

I will lose it when I see Malfoy Manor in its entirety- the scene w. Bellatrix and Hermione :(:(:( You can feel the panic and fear Hermione feels of dying at that moment :( RON SAVE YOUR GIRL!!!

Cute becouse Ron grabs Hermione, when the chandelier falls on the floor. :rolleyes:

LOL!!!! I actually meant to put it in the R/E thread!!! LOL- I THOUGHT I was in R/E thread and made a mistake!! Sorry guys!!

As for why the KISS happens- as Ron says "WHO CARES" (CoS about Lockhart hurt in the duel)...it just happens ;) I dont know either in what scenario it will be- sigh is right have to wait til July!

I actually do CARE! It's not the same if Hermione kisses Ron because she thinks she doesn't love him, as we have heard, than if she kisses him because he finally GOT her ideas, and is sensible enough to share them despite all the danger they were facing at that moment.

I wish the kiss scenario stays as canon as possible. :wub:

YIKES- stay back vida I have a wand and am not afraid to use it ;) KIDDING... ;)

I know what you mean though- the kiss was HUGE as well as the reason why the kiss happens... IF they cant do it canon, I actually wont mind if they do it because Hermione sees Riddle saying Ron doesnt love her but Ron then convinces her otherwise :) But yeah I would love for something to be in there about the houselves...they do have Kreacher and Dobby so who knows!! Maybe they could go canon-either way I am just thankful/grateful the movies decided to go with the scene of NO HARRY to interrupt them ;)

To me the kiss has to be about the House Elves and Ron appreciating and accepting Hermiones ideas (as vida said, but also about showing us how like minded he is to her. We always want to focus on their differences, but they have a lot in common too. Let's not forget that in GoF Ron offers to give Dobby a sweater from his mum as he takes a liking to him upon first meeting him. Ron's comment wasn't just to appease or appeal to Hermione. His concern and feelings for the House Elves was heart-felt and real.

I just think the whole story of the House Elves and how it has been treated in the movies possesses a sad irony. The books tried to show appreciation and autonomy for a marginalized and perhaps even enslaved race, the movies gloss that over and treat the House Elves story as if they were out of site working in the Hogwarts kitchen without anyone knowing.

If the kiss is not about the House Elves and initiated by that comment, I will be disapointed. I'll still love it from a R/E perspective, but it may effect it from a R/Hr perspective for me (somewhat dependant upon the alternative motivation).

*Jon slowly backs away from Kristen!* :P:lol: