The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Singing it right now LOL...

Vida, I dont know who the creator of the vid was but wasnt it awesome? Same w. the other vid?

AS for R/Hr getting together before DH...personally I wanted to see it at the end of HBP...I was just ready for them to be a couple, especially after the poisoning. Hermione knew she was in love w. Ron at that point with no doubts, but I guess since Ron wasnt quite ready yet, then yeah it made sense for DH...I was just hoping for more than one kiss b/w our favorite ship but ahh well... ;)

BRING ON R/HR GOODNESS!!!!!! :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would any of you have liked if JKR had chosen to get Ron and Hermione together in HBP? I'm kind of mixed on this, but I tend to lean towards what I know, rather than what I don't know, just because it was awesome the way it did all come together.

Now that the story is over, and after reading that wonderful Silver Doe chapter that will always remain my favourite, I am glad R/Hr got together at the end.

After all, as JK Rowling said, Harry is the hero but Ron and Hermione get the love story. :)

However, I have not always thought this way as I was reading the books as they came out. It was really an agonising wait for me, as I had to wait two years between books, so I could see how the development of my favourite would-be couple in the series played out.

I had to wait 6 freaking years (from 2001 to 2007) to finally see them get together!

An agonising wait indeed. And I'm glad it's over! :D

Therefore, I feel a little bit cheated because I haven't seen them interact as a couple once they got together...

But JK Rowling gave us a hint of their actual relationship, in the Epilogue.

Hermione was half shocked but half amused at Ron's sense of humour, and she quietly let Ron know what thought was sensible without actually causing a rift, and at the same time enjoying Ron's witty ways.

So they learnt how to use their differences to their mutual advantage. :)

Edited by vida

I suppose I am happy w. the way it turned out-still not too keen on Harry interrupting them (go away Harry LOL kidding) but I do love the fact that the feelings came out once and for all...I still think maybe we could have had a kiss before CoS like maybe at Shell Cottage? But ya know what? That is why JKR is the billionaire and I am not LOL...so I will take it the way JKR wrote for them :)

Well, i have to admit, i would have loved if R/Hr already were together in HBP..yeah i am selfish like that ;)

BUT i am truly happy how everything turned out, that J.K. chose Ron and Hermione to get together and refuse to follow the cliche : the hero gets the girl...

Well, i have to admit, i would have loved if R/Hr already were together in HBP..yeah i am selfish like that ;)

BUT i am truly happy how everything turned out, that J.K. chose Ron and Hermione to get together and refuse to follow the cliche : the hero gets the girl...

Unfortunately in order to have the locket scene Ron and Hermione couldn't have gotten together in HBP. If Ron and Hermione were together for months by the time they encountered the locket it wouldn't have had the same effect on Ron as he would have been reasonably certain that Hermione loved him as much as he loved her.

Plus even with the locket's influence i doubt there is anything that could get Ron down for too long if he gets to snog and possibly shag Hermione on a regular basis in that tent.

Unfortunately in order to have the locket scene Ron and Hermione couldn't have gotten together in HBP. If Ron and Hermione were together for months by the time they encountered the locket it wouldn't have had the same effect on Ron as he would have been reasonably certain that Hermione loved him as much as he loved her.

Plus even with the locket's influence i doubt there is anything that could get Ron down for too long if he gets to snog and possibly shag Hermione on a regular basis in that tent.

of course the story would have turned out differently, but i would be curious how J.K. would have handled that :)

Edited by Rose

It's true, isn't it?? I'm singing it all the time!!!! :D

haha same here. You just can't help it. And it's one of those things that just stick into your mind.

I've spoken with some friends, relatives and acquantainces while I was reading the books and asked them about when they thought R/Hr would get together, and pretty much everyone were quite convinced that it was going to happen in the very last book, regardless of when each and everyone of us wanted that to happen.

However, at times I think JK Rowling struggled a bit about the precise moment R/Hr were going to finally admit their feelings for each other.

Because of the nature of the storyline, everything had to be seen by Harry so readers would know R/Hr were getting together.

And I think a good moment would have been shortly after Malfoy Manor, as Ron spent all his time tending to Hermione and he started getting back on her good books.

However, that would have been a very private moment and the chances of Harry seeing R/Hr kissing would have been slim.

I think Rowling thought about this and may have decided that R/Hr would have to share a private moment to get together, but at the same time it had to be in a not too private place so Harry had the chance to walk in on then at any time.

And that's probably when she decided that the kiss would happen during the Battle, to ensure they could be spotted by Harry without him looking stalkerish (which we know he wasn't :)).

First off Hermione-your avi and siggy-brrrrrr SCARY!!! But cool!!! :)

As for R/Hr..vida I LOVE when ya said about R/Hr getting together after Malfoy Manor-I would have LOVED to have seen Ron tending to Hermione's wounds and them talking and then leaning in for the kiss and well getting hotter as the kiss would linger. BUUUUT since I know you are right-Harry DID have to see it, and yes had to be a public place when it would happen. THAT s why I SOOOOO freakin cant wait for the KISSSSSSSSSSSSS ;):ohyeah::ohyeah:

Yeah, I'm with Vida on this one.

As much as I would love to see R/Hr together as a couple, I don't think it would be fitting to the story. For me, I think it was important to keep R/Hr as they had always been to show them as some form of stability to Harry - the one thing that didn't change (despite Ron's leaving, because he came back. Harry's perceptions about his relationships with other characters such as Lupin and Dumbledore were changing in DH and I think to add to his sense of isolation by having R/Hr become an item early on would have been a mistake. Harry would probably feel even more of a burden and be alienated by R/Hr's relationship, especially under the influence of the horcrux. Also, R/Hr's priorities would change, which may be detrimental to the mission. They're feelings about eachother and Harry may not change, but the open acknowledgement of their relationship would automatically place R/Hr higher in eachother's needs than Harry. I imagine the awareness of this would make Harry feel guilty about them in a way sacrificing eachother/their relationship to help him. For R/Hr, I think it would be difficult to handle a new relationship under the pressure they were in DH. They were under an incredible amount of stress and had to focus on something other than themselves, for their relationship's sake I'm glad they didn't get together until after/during the battle. It allowed for the trio dynamic to continue to serve its function until Harry had accomplished his mission, after which it wasn't so vital to Harry and the trio along with R/Hr's relationship could move into it's next phase, as did many things after the war.

I personally think JKR did it spot on. She allowed readers to see ever-evolving stages in R/Hr's relationship and delivered a beautiful climax which we deserved. And then she demonstrated in the epilogue (as, I believe Vida, has demonstrated) how R/Hr have lived a long happy marriage by communicating positively. I would love to see more of R/Hr's marriage in perhaps a sequel or JK's notes (hint hint ;)) but in this series as it is, personally, as a reader and as a fan, I don't think I could ask for more.

Oh and don't have heart failure or anything, but fic update! :whaa: Don't get too excited though... :unsure::P

That was simply beautiful...I feel silly now wanting to have R/Hr together sooner especially after how ya said it!!!! YES R/Hr are VERY happily married w. their 2 children :) YEAHHHHHHH....

Ok I have been wanting to point this out forever, and I know it is old...how beautiful and hot was the scene when Hermione removed Ron's glasses in Seven Potters? When I watch that scene, and see how tenderly she does it and sighs- just made of all awesome...or when Ron tenderly strokes her face? :blush: WE NEED R/HR FIX NOW!!!!! :)

That was simply beautiful...I feel silly now wanting to have R/Hr together sooner especially after how ya said it!!!! YES R/Hr are VERY happily married w. their 2 children :) YEAHHHHHHH....

Ok I have been wanting to point this out forever, and I know it is old...how beautiful and hot was the scene when Hermione removed Ron's glasses in Seven Potters? When I watch that scene, and see how tenderly she does it and sighs- just made of all awesome...or when Ron tenderly strokes her face? :blush: WE NEED R/HR FIX NOW!!!!! :)

cbmac12.. SO HOT, how Ron looks at her.. Rupert plays this way too good :D

It is already march, I am so excited for July!! Not only the movie ( with the KISS and all the Ron and Hermione GOODNESS ), but for the premieres and endless interviews!!

When I watched DH Part2 I think I will go directly to the shipper section and just do this

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :drool: :drool: :D:whaa:

#emotion overload

Rose if there was an applause icon, I would use it to everything ya said and your reactions as well.... once the promos start girl, we will be overloading the threads!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

cbmac12.. SO HOT, how Ron looks at her.. Rupert plays this way too good :D

It is already march, I am so excited for July!! Not only the movie ( with the KISS and all the Ron and Hermione GOODNESS ), but for the premieres and endless interviews!!

When I watched DH Part2 I think I will go directly to the shipper section and just do this

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :drool: :drool: :D:whaa:

#emotion overload

Good! I think we'll all be here, doing the happy dance! :ohyeah::yesyes:

"He may not believe he cares about anything or anyone, but by the end she is the center of his world."

"The bond Ron shares with his brothers and his parents is key to seeing that he is good husband and father material."

HUGS Luciana!!! :) THIS was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Even to quote Emma: "Harry maybe the hero, but he is not the one for Hermione" ;):ohyeah::ohyeah:

the link doesn´t work for me <_< but from what i can see from cbmac12´s quotes.. :D "good husband and father material"??? now i have to imagine how Ron takes care of little Rose and Hugo and how Hermione watches them with a loving look on her face :D :D :P

You have to read this, it's amazing!!!! :yesyes:

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/blogs/2011/03/ron-weasley-romantic-hero#more

Ron was always the hero, especially for Hermione :wub:

Thanks for sharing, Luciana! It was a great read and nedless to say that I agree with every single word in that article. :)

@cmbac, just like her alter-ego, Emma was right when saying that Harry may be the hero, but not for Hermione. :wub:

Great read. Again, Luciana has found a gem.

However, I have to disagree with this a couple of points:

He may start out less than worthy, but he grows to deserve her.

I take offense in the notion that Ron, at which point ever, wasn't worthy. He was always worthy. Of Hermione, of everything and everyone. All of them, Harry, Ron and Hermione were always worthy of each other's friendship and love. Yes, they have flaws and they needed to mature and grow up. But being immature and inexperienced doesn't make someone unworthy. It just makes someone unready. So, Ron had to become ready for a mature and committed longtime relationship (as did Hermione) and that's why it took them so long to finally get together. And that's what JKR, IMO, meant when she said in an interview after the release of HBP (the book) that Ron "had to make himself worthy of Hermione". I never thought she meant to imply that Ron wasn't always worthy, just that he doubted he was. He had to overcome the feeling he wasn't worthy and realise that indeed he was and had always been.

Hermione takes one look at Ron and dismisses him as useless. After all, he messes up a simple spell, something she would never do. She is far more impressed with Harry.
Her impression with Harry was more academic than anything else at the beginning. Only when she later gets to know him better, she starts to care for him as just Harry. Not the famous Harry Potter from the books, but just Harry, one of her best friends. Her impression with Ron migh not have been awe about his magical skills, but by his personality. I think Hermione was kind of fascinated with Ron right from the start.

The next is a line I can fully subscribe to:

Ron, on the other hand, only reluctantly ventures out of his safety zone. Although his terror at first glance lowers our opinion of him, he rises to every occasion and never fails his friends.This is far more impressive than a person whose single-minded focus on a goal allows them to ignore their fears.

We've always said, Ron is an ordinary guy who does extraordinary things. He does things inspite of being afraid. He does it anyway. That, to me, is true heroism. Not only in the romantic sense. :ohyeah::king:

guyssss. i won a competition to get DH P1 blu ray limited personalised edition and get to go to the uk DH blu ray launch party in london to collect it....im seriously hoping theres some rupert and emma there :P

guyssss. i won a competition to get DH P1 blu ray limited personalised edition and get to go to the uk DH blu ray launch party in london to collect it....im seriously hoping theres some rupert and emma there :P

haha that is great! Congratulations!