The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Hey! I'm still in london rightt now but wanteedd too let u no that the dvd event was amazing!! Got so much pottter stuff! But emma wasn't there :(

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a report i wrote for mugglenet

After our three hour train journey we finally made it to the Apollo Cinema in the West End of London for about 13.25, the queue was already way down the street! Unfortunately I missed the cast arriving due to my train not getting in early enough. They started to let everybody in at 13.30, the entrance hall was amazing, there was a giant arch way with the characters on it and giant letters making out 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1'. After signing in we were led downstairs to a waiting area where there were lots of giant potter posters and freebies, mainly potter badges and little flyers everywhere with the undesirable number one poster on them. The atmosphere was buzzing as we were all waiting to be let into the screen, we all chatted to each other, the soundtracks were being played, and even the staff members were serving us food!

At around 14:15 we were allowed to go into the screen and take our seats, at the bottom infront of the cinema screen were six stools, everybody was really excited! At 14.30 Edith Bowman (a popular radio host) entered the screen and began to host the event, she let us know that we would all get a goody bag at the end of the event, then she introduced the panel; Mark Williams, Warwick Davies, Matt Lewis, Evanna Lynch and Natalia Tena. Everybody went a bit crazy when they came in! We had about half an hour of Q&A and the whole experience was hilarious, because the event was so small it was really personal and we all just had a laugh together. One of the funniest moments was when somebody asked 'Do you think you will always be stereotyped as the role you've played?' for which Warwick Davies replied 'I think I'll always play short people!'

Other questions asked were things like 'Did you think the series would be such a big phenomenon when you started?' to which everybody replied 'No' but Evanna shouted 'YES!'

Also there was the question 'what songs would your characters have on their ipods?' Natalia Tena said that Tonks would probably be into heavy metal, Evanna said that maybe Luna would like wizard rock or opera music (whilst looking at creatures and bugs.) Mark Williams on Matt's behalf said that he thought that Neville would listen to brass band music!

They told us a little bit about the wizarding world theme park as most of us UK people haven't had the chance to go.

When asked what they would do if they weren't acting, Evanna replied that she would have liked to be in the circus, Matt Lewis said he would have probably joined the army and Mark Williams said that he would have liked to be a chef.

There was also the question 'which scene from the book would you have liked to film, but didn't have the chance to?' - Everybody was very eager to answer this question. Natalia Tena said that she would have liked to film Tonks' depression in book 6 and the scenes which she has at Hogwarts. Evanna said that she would have loved to film Luna's commentary of the quidditch match in Half Blood Prince. Matt Lewis said that he would have liked to explore the back stories of Neville's parents more, and to have been able to do the St. Mungo's scene in Order Of The Phoenix. Mark Williams said that he wanted to do the scene where Mr Weasley is zapping the garden gnomes with his wand (I think this would be from chamber of secrets?)

After the Q&A the cast had pictures taken with everyone in the cinema screen, they sat in the first row and they took photos with both sides of the audience, then they left to go to HMV to do the blu-ray signing and we were left to watch the film, it was great to see it again as I hadn't seen it since December!

After the film ended we were given our goodybag - which was literally a HARRY POTTER RUCKSACK full of merchandise!

It included

- a Deathly hallows t shirt

- an undesirable number 1 poster

- a deathly hallows pen and journal

- a set of magnets

- a hat with either granger/weasley/potter printed on it

- the deathly hallows soundtrack

- trading cards

- a lego dobby keyring

- a deathly hallows symbol keyring

- our blu ray in a special box with our names printed on the inside cover and the numbered edition (i was 20/100)

It was an amazing day and I couldn't believe how much merchandise we were given!

Photos:

The Blu Ray - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Lauzzy/Wirral-20110412-00049.jpg?t=1302569802

The cast and my side oft the audience - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Lauzzy/215454_10150162933597482_64501422481_6658213_3190308_n-1.jpg

The arch way entrance - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Lauzzy/IMG-20110410-00024.jpg

The Q&A - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Lauzzy/IMG-20110410-00030.jpg

Close Up - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Lauzzy/IMG-20110410-00031.jpg

Laura, I think I might explode with jealousy. I'm glad you had such a good time though, and the goody bags are just to diieee for! *formulates plan to sneakily 'borrow' Laura's HP rucksack through the computer screen. Plan fails. Doh.*

Jon, part of me doesn't even want to watch the last film. As much as I want to see how everything's done and of course the KISS,the thought of no more new HP releases probably EVER is just... gaaahhh.

You lot had better promise to stay on this forum so it doesn't die again post-DH2! :angry::unsure::sob:

Katharine! Supposedly there is an HP documentary to be released after DH2 so that should provide some fodder for future discussions. We also need to get JKR to come out with that LONG rumoured HP encyclopedia! :doh:

And if any of you leave and let this forum die.... :sob: just... :puh:

Laura! Thank you for the detailed recounting of your experience at the DVD release! Had you been allowed to invite guests the entirety of the shipper forum may have come with you! :lol: It sounds so intimate and so fun. What's great is that they never had to do anything like this, but the fact that they reached out and bonded with HP fans in this manner is too awesome for words. I hope they do something like this internationally by the time DH2s DVD is being released! :o

Laura, thanks for the update about the DVD launch! You wrote a very detailed summary and I commend you for putting so much effort when informing us what transpired on the day! I truly appreciate it. :)

Jon, it really feels like THE END now. Tbh I got really sad when holding my DH copy and finally realising that it was going to be the very last one. However, I knew I'd always have the movies to look foward too, and that sounded like a very cool Plan B.

But now, there's no back-up plan anymore!

What an I going to do coming July 16th? Don't wanna think about it, just yet...

Katharine, I hope this is a place where we can always come back to, and chat about our favourite ship. However, if at some point we go our separate ways, we can always continue getting in touch by email as a last resort (and now I sound like Hermione!). lol

Vida, I know, the end of the books was horrible for me, but there was always the prospect of future movies to look forward to and keep the HP world alive.

And too right, we are going to keep in touch, or else! (as Jon so eloquently put it: :puh: )

A HP documentary, reeeally?! :ohyeah: Thaaat's more like it! :D

THIS is why R/Hr are THE COUPLE-that pic says it all like my avi ;)... Emma said it best during the H/Hr scene... If you were on the road with someone for a very, very long time and it’s just the two of you and you get along really well - there’s always that kind of awkward stage in a friendship where you wonder whether it could be more, and this is kind of that scene for Hermione and Harry; they’re kind of on the edge of something where they very easily could’ve kissed that night because they were so miserable and they wanted some kind of intimacy to cheer them up, and Hermione is the one who moves away from that situation because she knows that she loves Ron and she wouldn’t be true to herself. THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE NAIL ON THE COFFIN FOR ALL H/HR shipper's hopes. Yes that silly scene was added and shouldnt have been but I can sort of see why they did add it (well not really but sort of)...anyway the point being, Hermione loves Ron PERIOD. I do have to say I feel sorry for H/G shippers though-seeing as Harry is so in love w. Ginny and yet still maybe would have done something. Anyway all of the R/Hr moments in DH 1 trumped that unecessary dance scnene a bagillion times over-R/HR FOREVER ;) Yall we are one day closer to the KISSSSSSSS :yesyes::ohyeah:

Edited by cbmac12

Katherine, Jon, Vida, Kristen et al. don't worry. Even after DH2 is out in the theatres, I won't go anywhere. And I know you won't either. We'll still be here discussing the books, the movies and what we think happened with R/Hr after DH2 until JKR finally delivers on that Encyclopedia she has promised us for years. LoL (and even beyond that).

I finally have my DH1 DVD and rewatched it. I'm not as bothered by the dance scene anymore. If anything, it reinforces R/Hr because it clearly shows how miserable both are, especially Hermione. And it clearly shows, while it was a nice distraction for a couple of moments, Hermione was still heartbroken and she clearly chose Ron when turning away from Harry.

I still think the scene was superfluous, unnecessary and OOC. And I'm still bothered by what the WB tried to achieve. They tried to create a "What if" moment. Thing is: They failed. Maybe it was the delivery, I don't know. But the scene didn't feel sexually charged or romantic. Also I didn't think Harry was hitting on Hermione or expecting a kiss at the end or something like that. It just felt like Harry trying to cheer up his best friend for a while.

Nothing could overshadow the R/Hr goodness that's in the movie anyway. OH, the cheek stroke in the café, the piano-scene, the almost hand-holding at Grimmauld Place, the glances, Malfoy Manor and how Ron and Hermione hardly kept their hands off each other after that scene. :)

Can't wait for July. KISS you may come.

OMG everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you said I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!! ;) DH 1 and ESPECIALLY 2 will be ALL R/HR...but at the same time showing the devotion of the trio to each other. As for the R/Hr moments-the way that Ron cant keep his hands off Hermione once they leave Malfoy Manor-sends shivers (happy shivers) up and down my spine. I wonder if we will see Ron worrying about Hermione more or will he be like no I know my Hermione is strong and she wont want to be constantly looked after. BUT we do know that they are MORE COUPLEY FINALLY IN DH2!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

As for the dance scene-couldnt have said it better myself-nothing romantically charged-in fact I was laughing watching them dance together-they were cute, but in a non-romantic way-I think Emma has alot to do with this scene not being a what if scene-her looks of boredom and just giving a goofy smile and then the look at the end- PERFECT. THAT LOOK= RON IS MY ONLY LOVE OF MY LIFE.

OMG YALL the KISS is THISMUCHCLOSER EACH DAY!!! ;)

DH1: piano scene ( :blush: )...Ron looking at Hermione during wedding ( :blush: ) cheek stroking scene (:ohyeah: )...RON HOLDING HERMIONE= PRICELESS AND ALL LOVE. Any R/Hr moment just makes me go :drool: ...this was a huge reason why I saw it 8 times-yes I plan on doubling that viewing come DH2 time hehe

Katherine, Jon, Vida, Kristen et al. don't worry. Even after DH2 is out in the theatres, I won't go anywhere. And I know you won't either. We'll still be here discussing the books, the movies and what we think happened with R/Hr after DH2 until JKR finally delivers on that Encyclopedia she has promised us for years. LoL (and even beyond that).

I finally have my DH1 DVD and rewatched it. I'm not as bothered by the dance scene anymore. If anything, it reinforces R/Hr because it clearly shows how miserable both are, especially Hermione. And it clearly shows, while it was a nice distraction for a couple of moments, Hermione was still heartbroken and she clearly chose Ron when turning away from Harry.

I still think the scene was superfluous, unnecessary and OOC. And I'm still bothered by what the WB tried to achieve. They tried to create a "What if" moment. Thing is: They failed. Maybe it was the delivery, I don't know. But the scene didn't feel sexually charged or romantic. Also I didn't think Harry was hitting on Hermione or expecting a kiss at the end or something like that. It just felt like Harry trying to cheer up his best friend for a while.

Nothing could overshadow the R/Hr goodness that's in the movie anyway. OH, the cheek stroke in the café, the piano-scene, the almost hand-holding at Grimmauld Place, the glances, Malfoy Manor and how Ron and Hermione hardly kept their hands off each other after that scene. :)

Dan seems like a swell guy and all, but I don't think he has romantic chemistry with anyone. Just my opinion. And I can't even watch his kissing scenes he kills them lol.

Dan seems like a swell guy and all, but I don't think he has romantic chemistry with anyone. Just my opinion. And I can't even watch his kissing scenes he kills them lol.

Lol poor Dan!! But yeah, I agree. His kissing scenes were awkward!!

Oh my I think I'm dying here of all the Ron&Hermione goodies you are posting!.

The BTS with Ron&Hermione throwing rocks are so cute and the way Hermione leans her head against Ron's chest and the look on Ron's face!. Oh my.

Thanks all who posted and shared the love! :3m_sie:

Edited by trixie

I agree Sabine. Having finished the series for the second time recently. I know the books will always be a part of my life. I do not know when I may read them again, but I know that I will. The second time I read the series I discovered new wonders in the character relationships that were worth exploring and discussing. While I think of the movies a bit differently, here too I know that there is alot more to be explored and discussed about the decisions that were made and could have been made, about cut scenes and what the directors/producers chose to include.

While I know my post frequency will never be what it once was... there will always be things to discuss and explore about the HP series. Especially if more HP related goodies come out. Even the rumours generate so much discussion. And the friends that I have met/made here through discussing Harry Potter is a unique bond that I had never experienced elsewhere in the same way over the internet during the last 16 years. That is something I hold dear and can not be taken away by the end of the books or the movies. :3m_sie:

Pat, I honestly thought that Dan did better with the Harry/Cho and Harry/Hermione (which granted, was a different kind of kiss) kisses than with the Harry/Ginny kisses. So I think a lot of that just had to do with Dan's and Bonnie's lack of on-screen chemestry in those romantic situations. I kind of blame the production team for that. I don't care how many times they had to make them kiss, they should have kept doing it until they got it right. From a "romantic" standpoint the H/G kisses are my biggest disapointment with the series. I'll have to see how the final film plays out in that respect. Even though we've already had a peek at the H/G snog from the Battle of Hogwarts.

Have my DH DVD so was able to watch it and the deleted scenes last night!!! The RHR skipping stones was cute but unlike most of the other scenes, didn't need to be in the movie. They had a lot of great moments in DH. This one felt unfinished and more like Emma and Rupert on set doing something to pass the time rather than RHR. I dunno. Very cute but just a filler kind of scene.

Of course I beg to differ about Dan's kissing scenes. But I do believe he and Bonnie have little chemistry and it shows. I just felt nothing between them and feel the tension almost in DH when they kissed and Harry helped fix up Ginny's dress. It was just weird, not cute.

Yep :yesyes:

:ohyeah: My reaction to watching the R/Hr scenes again last night but in zoom mode on my DVD hehe...

From the start...that hug in 7 Potters- OMG the look Hermione gives when she realizes that Ron is not the one behind her but is Harry, the way she runs up to him to wrap her arms around him-that look of pure and utter love and joy on Ron's face sigh...compare time-the part where Hermione takes off Ron's glasses-so sexy the way he looks at her and she gives a lil sigh...Ginny tying Harry's shoelaces in HBP-no electricity. Sad really because it is H/G.

The LOOK Ron gives Hermione when she enters the wedding.... just sigh

THE CHEEK STROKING SCENE.... :drool: Ron is so tender and gentle on her cut.

Ok the almost hand holding scene-wow in zoom mode, takes on a whole new squee worthy moment.

MoM- Hermione's face PRICELESS when she sees Ron being kissed-I dont think I ever realized it before but she actually was taking a step forward as if to say "oh no you didnt just kiss my man!!" (loved it!!!)...Ron protecting Hermione as they are running away from Yaxley-again sigh...

Hermione's love and tenderness and her soothing voice with Ron when he is splinched. Brings tears to my eyes watching Hermione's panic, fear, terror (PROPS again to Emma and Rupert in this scene).

The way Hermione defends Ron when he listens to the radio.

Ron's leaving :( For the first time I think I caught this-but the way Hermione is talking to Ron to take off the locket-very much in a wife manner to calm her husband down. Very tender look and calming tone. Hermione's face and Ron's face when he says she chooses Harry :( :( and her pleas for him to return (PROPS to R/E again for this)...Hermione's face when she realizes he is not coming back after Harry and her apparate The dance-go Hermione for leaving and being still devastated-that dance did not cheer her up at all (but was nice of Harry to try to).

Ron's return-hehe-I now hear "Tiny Ball of Light" whenever I see this scene now :) But when Hermione pummels Ron-classic and then immediately realizing that she is not strong enough to pummel him harder, what does she go for? Her wand LOL!!!! The look of fear on both Harry and Ron's faces when she confronts them-love it-2 big strong boys being afraid of tiny Hermione ;) Ron's speech-seriously Rupert should have gotten an award for this movie (as should have Emma). I think every single girl was drooling at that moment over Ron trying to get back into Hermione's good graces with his truthful confession.

Ron trying to get back into Hermione's good graces-CLASSIC...these 2 are not just awesome w. drama but the subtle comedy. Poor Ron-struck out twice LOL Hermione "I'm always mad at him" hehe I get the feeling Hermione is the boss in the Weasley home (like Molly is too but same w. Ginny in the Potter home! LOL)

The Snatchers scene-the look on Ron's face and trying to break free to tear the guys apart holding Hermione :( Ron truly is Hermione's hero.

Malfoy Manor-again props to Emma and Rupert-I know we wanted to hear him screaming her name, but I really loved BA Ron-the growl of "let her go" and "like hell" and the look on his face when he is being pulled away from Hermione breaks my heart. Btw I do think R/Hr were holding hands when Bellatrix rips Ron from Hermione-you see both of them being pulled (Hermione took a step because Ron's and hers hold was released). The torture-I can see why again Emma says it is a scene she will never forget filming. Hermione looked so fragile and small there, the pleas of wanting her to let her go were heartbreaking, and then the wand (I dont think I realized before Bellatrix used the wand to carve that vicious word). Hermione's screams just unreal and unbearable to listen to. The thing that got me even more, I dont think when I saw it in the movie theater-Hermione's arm is trembling-I totally missed that. I also didnt realize that it looks like Hermione is half conscious-her eyes are glazed over big time and she was sweating so bad. Question for yall-did Bellatrix use Crucio on her then? I would really like to know how Hermione ended up on the ground to be pinned. Ron's looking at Hermione-her look of "goodbye my love" when Bellatrix says "the same wont be said for this one" OMG....Ron's face of terror when the knife is held close :( :(...Hermione running, falling into Ron's arms-Ron knowing she didnt have the strength and goes towards her as the chandelier drops-again HERO RON-he didnt care that he would be hurt-he moves in towards Hermione, not worrying about himself. Ron holding onto Hermione for dear life the rest of the movie, only letting her go when they bury Dobby-man of any girl's dreams. Btw again missed it in the theater because of no zoom mode lol-Ron was leaning his head onto Hermione's when Harry walks over to them. I pushed pause for awhile on that one lol-the look on Ron's face says it all-like "I dont know what I would have done if I lost you". I find it interesting that they didnt have R/Hr say anything at all in the last moments of the film. But the looks on R/E's faces-their facial expressions spoke 1000 words. Finally, Ron with his arm around Hermione-her putting her head on his shoulder and him moving his hand up to stroke her hair perfect.

Ok so if these are the AMAZING R/Hr moments in DH 1 and Rupert and Emma have said they are MORE coupley in DH 2-I can only imagine what else we will get!!!!!! Anyway just had to share the beautiful R/Hr moments again-they deserve the mention of DH 1 moments again.