The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

I know what you mean. Being Spanish my native language, I'm used to having the captions at the bottom. Arghhh!

That's one of the reasons why it's so good to see it on DVD as you can opt to take them out!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. Being Spanish my native language, I'm used to having the captions at the bottom. Arghhh!

That's one of the reasons why it's so good to see it on DVD as you can opt to take them out!

well -- French isnt even my native language, english is - so you can imagine how annoying it is to have the intrusive little subtitles on the screen! grrrrr! lol.

cant wait for the dvd. i want r/hr deleted scenes.

id also like to see more of MM but i doubt theyd ever put it onthe dvd :(

well -- French isnt even my native language, english is - so you can imagine how annoying it is to have the intrusive little subtitles on the screen! grrrrr! lol.

cant wait for the dvd. i want r/hr deleted scenes.

id also like to see more of MM but i doubt theyd ever put it onthe dvd :(

Hahaha! I guess what I meant was that, having seen it in Paris, you have to expect the subtitles. :)

R/Hr deleted scenes, yes. Even if I don't see Hermione playing dumb to get Ron's attention, I really wanna see the scene where they are collecting pebbles.

ahaha of course :)

its just sad that the only time ive seen it without subtitles is the 2 times i've seen it in French :( it's never the same when its not in ur native language....(well...idk - coz my natives English!) but you get what i mean!!)

but was it translated into French or just subtitled? Subtitles I can live with, but I'm annoyed when it is translated as I like to hear the movie in its original language, and the actual actors' voices.

A lot of things get lost in translation otherwise, wich is not cool.

well ive seen it twice where its been dubbed in French - ie not rupert dan and emmas voices...

it was meh...ok.not 2 much got lost in translation,

Oh :unsure:

Hope you get to see it in English soon, Laura!

It's interesting that you didn't have both options though: the translated version and the English version with subtitles.

Usually children who can't yet read see the translated version while most adults prefer the original language version with subtitles. At least, that's how it works in Spanish speaking countries.

I love the trio voices, and I find it weird if I see the movie in Spanish. It's like watching a completely different movie! lol

haha i have managed to see it in English-

just the 1st time i saw it it was in french - then another time at my local cinema coz they dont show Original films justdubbed

Wait you can get an unlimited pass to the movies? Wait a sec-if I knew this I would def be seeing it every day!!!! :) I dont call myself dedicated DW, more like crazy,a lil nutty maybe LOL...

Vida I so love what ya said about Hermione and when she is not on point w. thinking straight when it comes to Ron-I think yes she did break Harry's wand mostly because she just wanted to get them the hell out of there...but the scarf I do believe was because she wanted Ron back period...so what way to do it than to leave a sign behind? Which again goes to show how much Hermione was hurting and Harry knew-he didnt even try to talk her out of it.

oh come on cbmac, Harry tried! He danced with Hermione! :rofl:

Book!Harry would have never tried something like that... he was missing his brother Ron too much himself. Anyway... :rolleyes:

You know, what I said about Hermione's inability to act when Ron's in peril is actually the own words of the most dedicated and number one R/Hr shipper out there: JK Rowling herself :D

Shortly after DH was published she said that Hermione is too concerned about her most dear ones, especially Ron. That's why she could never be an Auror, because she can't block herself out of being worried about Ron ALL THE TIME.

Also, Hermione will never keep a clock similar to the one at the Burrow, because she would be looking at the clock CONTINUOSLY to see if Ron is in 'mortal peril'.

That's just too sweet! :wub:

Edited by vida

First off is it you or me having the senile moment about the dance comment? When did I mention the dance? LOL

Second, I NEVER knew that was why Hermione couldnt be an auror or have the clock-sigh our girl loves him soooooo much doesnt she? I think Ron would have been worried too knowing that his wife was on dangerous missions.

First off is it you or me having the senile moment about the dance comment? When did I mention the dance? LOL

Second, I NEVER knew that was why Hermione couldnt be an auror or have the clock-sigh our girl loves him soooooo much doesnt she? I think Ron would have been worried too knowing that his wife was on dangerous missions.

LOL! No, I don't think you (or I) are senile... yet! Hahaha!

You mentioned something about Hermione being sad and that Harry didn't try to cheer her up (or something along those lines) so I used irony to describe that actually Harry tried to be funny by dancing with Hermione. (I used the laughing icon but my joke may not have come across regardless :))

Of course Ron would be worried for his wife if Hermione decided to become an Auror. But he, much like Harry, can block his mind while on a mission - while Hermione can't, especially when it comes to Ron (JKR).

Wait you can get an unlimited pass to the movies? Wait a sec-if I knew this I would def be seeing it every day!!!! :) I dont call myself dedicated DW, more like crazy,a lil nutty maybe LOL...

Katharine, I'm in complete agreement with both you and Kristen on this one! :yesyes:

sometimes we walk a thin line between passion and psychosis! :lol: Okay, maybe that's going a bit too far! :P sorry there Kristen! :doh:

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead

Katharine, I'm in complete agreement with both you and Kristen on this one! :yesyes:

sometimes we walk a thin line between passion and psychosis! :lol: Okay, maybe that's going a bit too far! :P sorry there Kristen! :doh:

Of course I'm right there with ya though!!!! Before you know it I'll be ordering, my favorite, the "cbmac special" from the reserved "casaul observer" seats in my local IMAX theatre for the afternoon, evening and midnight showings!

dang thing wouldn't let me edit! :P sorry for the double post. :doh:

LOL! No, I don't think you (or I) are senile... yet! Hahaha!

You mentioned something about Hermione being sad and that Harry didn't try to cheer her up (or something along those lines) so I used irony to describe that actually Harry tried to be funny by dancing with Hermione. (I used the laughing icon but my joke may not have come across regardless :))

Of course Ron would be worried for his wife if Hermione decided to become an Auror. But he, much like Harry, can block his mind while on a mission - while Hermione can't, especially when it comes to Ron (JKR).

OH!! LOL I did say something about the dance then! LOL...I said Harry DID try to cheer up and failed miserably hehe...now I get what ya was saying vida :)

Hermione loves Ron, her hubby more than life ;)

Jon!! HEHE... cbmac special? You are making me sound like I belong in St. Mungos w. my "over zealousness" ;)

Don't worry Kristen, vida and I will set up the movie projector on a constant loop of the HP movies for you after we comfortably strap you into your bed with your Gryffindor sheets and read to you from The Beadle and the Bard as you sip your pumpkin juice before you go to sleep. >.<

:rofl:

Yall are way too funny!!! LOL!!!! No joke- I do have Pumpkin Juice! LOL My friend got a FREE tour of WWHP and she brought back pumpkin juice-VERY SWEET but tasty ;) and a chocolate frog-I now own Godric Gryfindor trading card. Loop it!!! LOL!!!!!!!! The sad thing is I would sit and watch ;) So bring on said loop!!! I am one VERY happy R/Hr shipper w. this movie!!!! :) vida I hear St. Mungos is lovely! hehe

Edited by cbmac12

I am thinking about getting them ;) hehe...

Ok so I re-read that spoiler about R/Hr-possible spoiler for DH2....PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE- this will stop the hearts of every single one of us R/Hr shippers!!!!!! :ohyeah:

Seriously girl, that spoiler (I'm not going into detail as probably Jon does not want to know yet) made my heart explode only by reading it.

Can you imagine when we see it in the theatre? ANd that's only EARLY on! That movie will be a R/Hr squeeee all over the place!

I am thinking about getting them ;) hehe...

Ok so I re-read that spoiler about R/Hr-possible spoiler for DH2....PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE- this will stop the hearts of every single one of us R/Hr shippers!!!!!! :ohyeah:

can you just imagine the negative publicity would get though?

'Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part Two has been pulled from theatres today as it caused vast majorities of its viewing audiences to go into cardiac arrest. The scene in question is believed to include the film's main love interest, Ron Weasley and Hermione Grander'

I can see it now...

First of all: no one on here is senile but me. I am the oldest, so that is reserved for me. Errrr .... where was I?   :unsure:

Okay. In Germany, all movies are dubbed. Therefore, I got to see it in the dubbed version. But I have gotten used to the trio's German voices and I have the impression overall the translation is quite good. They had a showing of the Original Version yesterday in our local cinema, but I didn't have the time. :(

i think its because they apparated to the place where Hermione had tied the scarf to the tree.

Please help me out here. How does the scarf help the Snatchers to find the trio?  And how would it help Ron to find Harry and Hermione again. And if it did, why hasn't it? I'm sure the place Ron left them would be the first he looked for them when he came back. Just like in the book. The scarf couldn't help anyone with anything, IMO. Unless I'm missing something. But if my book knowledge doesn't fail me, Ron would just have seen the scarf but he wouldn't know where they apparated from there. And they put up protective enchantments too. It was Ron's luck Harry followed the Silver Doe into the Forest without any precautions.

You know, what I said about Hermione's inability to act when Ron's in peril is actually the own words of the most dedicated and number one R/Hr shipper out there: JK Rowling herself :D

Shortly after DH was published she said that Hermione is too concerned about her most dear ones, especially Ron. That's why she could never be an Auror, because she can't block herself out of being worried about Ron ALL THE TIME.

Also, Hermione will never keep a clock similar to the one at the Burrow, because she would be looking at the clock CONTINUOSLY to see if Ron is in 'mortal peril'.

That's just too sweet!  :wub:

Really? Where did she say that? I always thought I knew most of JKR's interviews. I think I recall her explaining that Hermione never became an Auror, because basically she wasn't the action type. More the academic type. But that she would be too worried about her husband Ron, the love of her life.   :wub: