The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I cant get the song out of my head today!!! LOL..."You're my tiny ball of light" AWWWWWWW....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON WEASLEY AKA HERMIONE'S EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I am telling ya I am finding it interesting that they CHOSE R/Hr segment and not Harry segment...they easily could have but they didnt!!! ;)

BRING ON PROMO AND R/HR GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Happy 31st to Ron! =)

I don't know how old the rest of you are (except for Lino who I believe mentioned she was 30), but as I'm 30, I've always liked how the trio are also 80s babies (well Hermione is late 79 but that counts). I can't really explain why, but it's cool being in the same generation.

I'm 33 and I never thought of it that way. Harry and Hermione grew up with Transformers and She-Ra!

Auto-tuning the Oscars: The Gregory Brothers' music to movie mash-up

The Gregory Brothers, musicians best known for their auto-tuning technique in which they turn a film's dialogue into song, hit the biggest stage of their careers on Oscar night. Their movie mash-up of Unintentional Musicals, hailed as one of the favorite moments of the telecast, featured clips from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1," "Toy Story 3" and "Twilight Saga: Eclipse."

Of "Harry Potter," Michael Gregory, the band's drummer and audio technician, said, "When I saw Ron Weasley's monologue when he reunited with Hermione, I knew that had to become a booty jam as soon as possible."

The group, a quartet comprising Michael, his brothers Evan and Andrew and Evan's wife, Sarah, worked for a couple of months on the video mash-up and had relative freedom to do their own thing. One segment that was cut out of the telecast was their take on the big Oscar winner of the night, "The King's Speech," which, according to Michael, is "the most gangsta moment of the House of Windsor."

The Gregory Bros.' two-minute video, including "The King's Speech" segment but without the "Social Network" segment that aired on the telecast, is below. Why the swap? Maybe the Oscar producers felt "The Social Network" wasn't getting enough love over the course of the show. Take a look and let us know what you think in the comments field.

link

Edited by Occulus

Again "tiny ball of light" PEREFCT- RON/HERMIONE THEME SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Yes I too am a child of the 80's LOL...

New vid of our sexy couple :) Could they be even hotter with each other? Ever since "dirt on your nose" that was it... ;)

Edited by cbmac12

Found this link from Youtube-User who got all the Ron & Hermione moments from all 7 films in 7 clips (Not sure if one more is still coming)

Its great quality with all the main moment of our couple. A big thanks to the User.

That looks awesome lino!!! :) I posted I think on this page a video that someone made of their moments together-all mixed from year 1-7: it is an AMAZING vid that yall need to check out-about 14 minutes long of our gorgeous hot couple in their moments ;) Anyone else have "Ball of Light" in their heads now? LOL... it is NOW on my phone-gotta figure out how to make it a ringtone-then my phone is complete ;)

Ok apparently the buzz on youtube is that R/Hr "Ball of Light" is in the top 100 or top 50 or top 20 of vids for the week, etc in different countries... Have also been seeing people's comments saying that Ball of Light was the best and how cute R/Hr are as couple- could be this is seriously the start of promoting R/Hr BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):ohyeah:

Again "tiny ball of light" PEREFCT- RON/HERMIONE THEME SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Yes I too am a child of the 80's LOL...

New vid of our sexy couple :) Could they be even hotter with each other? Ever since "dirt on your nose" that was it... ;)

Is that Lifehouse? Cool video.

Ok apparently the buzz on youtube is that R/Hr "Ball of Light" is in the top 100 or top 50 or top 20 of vids for the week, etc in different countries... Have also been seeing people's comments saying that Ball of Light was the best and how cute R/Hr are as couple- could be this is seriously the start of promoting R/Hr BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):ohyeah:

Haha that is so epic!

That's amazing. :ohyeah: Yes, our couple is bewitching (pun intended). I am looking forward to how the reception of R/Hr will be once the promotion really starts, and lets not forget once THE KISS will be played over and over and over again. I guess a clip of that on YT (AFTER the movie has been released in the theaters please!!!!) would be on top in no time. :king:

Happy 31st to Ron! =)

I don't know how old the rest of you are (except for Lino who I believe mentioned she was 30), but as I'm 30, I've always liked how the trio are also 80s babies (well Hermione is late 79 but that counts). I can't really explain why, but it's cool being in the same generation.

I'm in my mid-thirties, and it's great to know that the book characters are my same age but, more importantly perhaps, that they also have young little ones to look after. Like me. :D

On a side note, our brilliant Hermione was been voted most popular fictional dream date character! :D

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1623484.php/Emma-Watson-s-character-Hermione-named-most-popular-fictional-dream-date

I'm annoyed at #2 and #3, though. A pedophile werewolf and a glittering vampire? Arghhh!

Give me the wizards, any day!!! (I'd also take Legolas or Aragorn from LOTR too! :P )

I'm in my mid-thirties, and it's great to know that the book characters are my same age but, more importantly perhaps, that they also have young little ones to look after. Like me. :D

On a side note, our brilliant Hermione was been voted most popular fictional dream date character! :D

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1623484.php/Emma-Watson-s-character-Hermione-named-most-popular-fictional-dream-date

I'm annoyed at #2 and #3, though. A pedophile werewolf and a glittering vampire? Arghhh!

Give me the wizards, any day!!! (I'd also take Legolas or Aragorn from LOTR too! :P )

Oh god me too. I would date and marry Hermione and I'm totally straight before I would date Edward.

But honestly I can think of many fictional male-characters I would date before any Twilight-guys.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg yall are hysterical!!!! ;) I cant stop laughing....

Onto R/Hr...what goodies do we think we shall be getting??? ;) IT IS MARCH already!!! Isnt uhm a TRAILER duw out soon!!!!! :ohyeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_uobp2L8o

HOW is it that some people out there, DONT ship them???? I MEAN LOOK AT THIS!!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEj8R3CeHA

AND THIS ONE TOO!!!! As ya can tell I am surfing all R/Hr vids at the moment ;) hehe

WOW cbmac, I'm in AWE!

The first one was done especially for them! Do you know who is the marvellous creator? :)

And the second one... goes to my favs right now! :D

Would any of you have liked if JKR had chosen to get Ron and Hermione together in HBP? I'm kind of mixed on this, but I tend to lean towards what I know, rather than what I don't know, just because it was awesome the way it did all come together.

On the plus side of getting them together earlier, we could have had a lot more Ron/Hermione specific moments... but would that have taken away from Harry's story, which was ofc reaching such a pivitol phase by that point in the series? I'm inclined to believe that a Silver Doe scene would have been tougher to legitimately pull off if they got together in HBP. After all, Ron really wouldn't have had any reasons to doubt Hermione's feelings for him at that point, unless JKR just made him out to be a totally possesive and jealous git (which we know she never would have done).

The other great part about getting them together in DH was keeping up the tension between the two. She'd have been giving up a valuable plot device to hold in her readers... not that she really risked anything as far as readership at that point any longer. The ONE thing I do feel like I miss out on a little, being such a big R/Hr shipper, is the ability to see how they interact as an official couple. While I imagine it is much in the way they interacted earlier, I always hope that it possesses a greater deal of understanding with less heated arguments. I tend to believe that the arguments would have subsided considerably once they got together, simply because the tension of their unrequitted feelings for one another was boiling under the surface of many of their most epic rows.

Oh, I love the videos btw cbmac, thanks for posting them!!! Good thing the R/Hr shipper community is such a talented bunch!!! :lol:

Would any of you have liked if JKR had chosen to get Ron and Hermione together in HBP? I'm kind of mixed on this, but I tend to lean towards what I know, rather than what I don't know, just because it was awesome the way it did all come together.

On the plus side of getting them together earlier, we could have had a lot more Ron/Hermione specific moments... but would that have taken away from Harry's story, which was ofc reaching such a pivitol phase by that point in the series? I'm inclined to believe that a Silver Doe scene would have been tougher to legitimately pull off if they got together in HBP. After all, Ron really wouldn't have had any reasons to doubt Hermione's feelings for him at that point, unless JKR just made him out to be a totally possesive and jealous git (which we know she never would have done).

The other great part about getting them together in DH was keeping up the tension between the two. She'd have been giving up a valuable plot device to hold in her readers... not that she really risked anything as far as readership at that point any longer. The ONE thing I do feel like I miss out on a little, being such a big R/Hr shipper, is the ability to see how they interact as an official couple. While I imagine it is much in the way they interacted earlier, I always hope that it possesses a greater deal of understanding with less heated arguments. I tend to believe that the arguments would have subsided considerably once they got together, simply because the tension of their unrequitted feelings for one another was boiling under the surface of many of their most epic rows.

Oh, I love the videos btw cbmac, thanks for posting them!!! Good thing the R/Hr shipper community is such a talented bunch!!! :lol:

I remember the discussions on the Ron/Hermione thread on another forum prior to the release of DH. Most of us posters on that thread - me included - thought JKR would get Ron and Hermione together at the beginning of DH and we would get to see them as an actual couple throughout the book. A bit like "get it out of the way and concentrate on the main story". I did like how it played out, but I still think she dragged the whole R/Hr resolution out a bit too long. Seeing how close they were at the end of HBP, it kind of made no sense for them to dance around each other until the end of the book. I understand that JKR felt Ron wasn't ready yet because he still had to become a man by destroying his demons via the Horcrux. But I still think the Silver Doe sequence could have worked. Just a bit dfferently. Ron could have been sent on an errand - to find food or gather information about what happens in the wizarding world - and not show up at their assigned meeting point because he had run into a group of snatchers. Harry and Hermione, not knowing what happened to Ron, continued with their journey, desperate and fearful about whether Ron was still alive or not. Basically the same feelings minus the being pissed off at Ron part. Ron still could have found his way back with the help of the deluminator, saved Harry from the pond, retrieved the sword and destroyed the Horcrux. Just instead of a kissing FakeHarry/FakeHermione we could have seen visions of them being dead or severely injured.

And of course we could still have had the "lets kiss a last time before we might die during the battle" thing in the CoS. LoL

There would have been still enough tension but we also would have been able to get a glimpse, a real glimpse, into how Ron and Hermione are as a couple. But, as I said, I am okay with the way it actually was written. It's beautiful.

TBF I like how the books have been planned out. I wouldn't have liked them to get together in HBP i'm glad she left it until the end.

Yeah, I agree. I like how JKR wrote it.

Damn that "Tiny Ball of Light" gets stuck in your head. XD

I like the way JKR did it but I also agree that I would've liked to see them as an actual couple. Or at least something after the kiss.

Damn that "Tiny Ball of Light" gets stuck in your head. XD

I like the way JKR did it but I also agree that I would've liked to see them as an actual couple. Or at least something after the kiss.

It's true, isn't it?? I'm singing it all the time!!!! :D