The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somedays I wish I were back in University (yeah, I like to sound cool like you Europens ;) ) and that they had a course on Harry Potter. We could all be classmates!!!! yay!!! :lol:

Okay... enough of my craziness. :doh:

I wanted to bring up an interesting little Ron/Hermione point that I've been noticing as I re-read HBP and am re-reading DH now (yay Katharine!!!! I picked up the pace a bit :P). I never noticed how on those occassions when Hermione is nagging Harry about something and Ron intervenes and tells her to "give it a rest", she does. Every time he does this... Hermione reacts much differently then when the two of them are arguing.... She listens to him... and stops (at least for the time being). I wonder why Hermione would yield to Ron in those situations as oppossed to coming back with the usual retort she might assume in their own conversation? Not only that... but she will continue to nag Harry even if he asks her to stop.

Harry is very non commital when Ron and Hermione are arguing, he doesn't want anything to do with the conversation. Ron will either defend Harry or Hermione against the other when they argue. This is a VERY different personality trait between Ron and Harry and one I think Hermione admires from Ron. Also, Harry rarely speaks up to Hermione when she gets on his nerves. On the few occassions he does, she is either made to feel uncomfortable or even frightened. I think this is because she does not read Harry's non verbal signs well.

To me how Hermione responds to Ron when he tells her to drop it with Harry is a sign of respect. She respects Ron's standing as Harry's best friend. But she also knows and respects that Ron will be fair and level when he chooses to intervene. It's not like he doesn't give Hermione the opportunity to make her point to Harry, so he's not being domineering or controling. He just will not let her beat Harry over the head with it. It's like she TRUSTS that when Ron tells her to stop... she may be taking things a bit too far. Not only that, but when Ron and Hermione argue I think they read eachother... they sense the sexual tension and it's even something they use to their own advantage when jealous, i.e. Ron and Lavendar/ i.e. Hermione and Cormac in HBP.

Picking up on non verbal signs is a very couplish thing to do. Ron and Hermione use body language, looks and touches to let them communicate with the other person. They are SOOO comfortable around one another that they communicate through these non verbal signs, and listen to eachother whether it is explcit in words or implicit through looks. Harry even mentions this throughout DH when he turns his back. They use the unspoken communication to their advantage as they discuss Harry's plan of action and it makes Harry angry. I don't think they do it to anger Harry... they just do it by nature and because of how close they've grown to eachother.

Gosh! I'm out of practice, as non of this really comes off quite the way I was hoping it would when I first thought about it. Oh well!

Kristen... thank you btw for sharing those amazing R/Hr videos. The actors do such a great job of portraying that non verbal communication between Ron and Hermione as well. It just seems to come naturally to Rupert and Emma ;).

Oh and Katharine and Vida, I literally laughed out loud when reading back and seeing how in our constant agreements we may somehow be turning into the same person. I actually got a bit nervous and you ladies made me look in the mirror for a moment! :lol: I mean, not that if I were a woman it wouldn't be completely lovely to be either of you. :doh: GAH!!!! The curse of a man... never knowing the right time to shut up!!! :icontwisted8pz:

Edited by casualobserver

Hey folks, sorry i havent been around a LOT lately, but only this week and next week of teaching then im FREE for three weeks :) going back to england...

mind you i still have to work on an essay for Uni.

I've been avoiding all the DH stuff lately so as to not be spoiled by anything, i dont even wanna see the deleted scenes thathave been released off the DH1 dvd...haha

im excited though because next week is the blu ray launch and im seriously hoping that emma wilbe there coz we get meet&greet.

eeep!

Luciana, thanks for the link. I may have to hunt around for some of the shipping articles which were posted on the old forums years ago, it's always nice to read theories etc on R/Hr, or indeed anything HP and refresh your perspective, rediscover things you'd almost forgotten and fall in love with the pairing all over again.

Laura, I know how you feel, I can't wait for the school holidays in two weeks so I can come on here more... but then I'll probably be working all the time. :( Enjoy the DVD launch, I'm so excited for you! If R/E are there, I'm expecting you to do your duty and stalk themkeep a watchful eye on them ;)

Jon, I think I may have to... wait for it... AGREE with your entire post! :whaa::rolleyes::lol: And contrary to your doubts about your expression, I would defy anyone to put it better. Well, except maybe JKR...

Yeah the forums are alive again LOL...as for R/Hr- BRING ON OUR COUPLE- I have been reading FF of them to pass the time until my DVD arrives ;) I am dying for every single R/Hr moment imaginable...possible we will get trailer soon!!! ;) The only thing I DONT want -the kiss- that HAS to be saved- that is THE KISSSSSS :ohyeah::excited:

HUGS Luciana :):yesyes: What I love even more about this scene is we see Hermione's hand twitch-they most def do look like they were holding hands!! Bring on our awesome couple in DH 2 already!!!! :)

Hi everybody,

I'm Dee and I'm new to this forum, and have been a R/H-R/E fan for several years.

I live in the Chicago area, and was lucky to go to the Science & Industry about

2 yrs ago when they had all the props/clothing from all the HP movies. I think

it opens in NYC next week. If you have a chance, go and see it, it's really great.

Now on to Rup/Em--I'm glad others are seeing the same things I'm seeing. They are clearly

made for each other, and we owe it all to Chris Columbus, the first director. He actually

picked them for their parts, as he could see how well they complimented each other. You could

actually see it with the "wingardium Leviosa" spell.

Both Rup/Em have the best ingredients for a perfect relationship:TRUST, LAUGHTER, COMFORTABLE W/EACH

OTHER. They can trust each other, because they've had the same experience growing up. Nobody

they ever meet will have gone through what they've gone through. They're both on the same level with

experience, finances, inside jokes--Emma said, "He makes me laugh like no other"!! It's like Rupert

is switching on a 1000 WAT-son light bulb (pun intended).

I don't know how many of you have noticed, when they're apart, Emma in particular, looks bored and sad.

The same can be said for Rupert. (Rupert is in Norway at this time filming a movie, and the interviewer

asked both Rupert and another British actor if they had girlfriends. The other actor said yes he did, but

Rupert just said, "I'm not married"--he didn't quite answer the question. Rupert, you sneaky weasley!!

It's great to see this forum, and maybe with all our positive thoughts, we'll see a reel-real romance.

Ah, yes, I did have a dream that they did marry--and the wedding reception was held @ the Great Hall @ Levensden.

I think JKR is having way too much fun with this romance, as she said at the BAFTA's. :rolleye0012: :rolleye0012:

I can't wait for "THE KISS" in DH 2--Pass the popcorn, this outta be good!!

Dee

Dee! You are welcome ANYTIME here!!!! :) Just to let ya know, we have a R/E thread (some people dont like it when we discuss R/E here in R/Hr thread so we have our own thread for our favorite RL ship ;))...but couldnt agree more w. what ya said!!! Def post at R/E thread-the more love over there, the better we like it :) Will so discuss your comments there with yas!! :)

R/E def were made to play R/Hr Weasley weren't they? :)

The KISSSSSS will make us all have heart attacks ;) Emergency numbers across the world will be on speed dial hehe

hey folks, they just announced that matt lewis, evanna lynch, natalia tena and warwick davies are doing a blu ray launch event in London at HMV so im guessing theyre gonna be at our launch party...no mention of emma or rupert yet though :(

hey folks, they just announced that matt lewis, evanna lynch, natalia tena and warwick davies are doing a blu ray launch event in London at HMV so im guessing theyre gonna be at our launch party...no mention of emma or rupert yet though :(

Well, Rupert can't go because he's filming in Norway. I don't know about Emma. But if you can, ask to Matthew about THE KISS!!!! He always says nice things about R/E. ;)

Yeah Rupert is filming in brrrr land (our snow is WIMPY compared to theirs!!!) and Emma may not be there because a certain fellow wont ;) hehe... ok my bad- keeping it R/Hr here...see even we R/E shippers slip sometimes...anyway YESS Laura!!! ASK Matt Lewis!! Good call Luciana!!

Thank you for posting Amanda, it's such a cute scene!

In all honesty, I don't mind at all that it was cut from the movie. As cute as it is, it just doesn't seem very canon R/Hr to me and although it's lovely to see them hanging out without Harry, I'm glad they focused on more canon moments. If that makes sense.

Ok I just came to after having passed out LOL...alot of us are saying how much this is really more a R/E scene-there is something about it that makes it that--R/HR WILL OWN DH 2 ROMANCE ;) I have not been able to stop watching it!!!!!!! :ohyeah::ohyeah: