The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush: Aww thanks Luciana! I just had to review again since it has been awhile since we saw DH 1 (yes even my 8 viewings I had forgotten/missed some things LOL). Watching it again tonite! Bless the TV season and NOTHING being on! LOL

cbmac, I got so much into the story again while reading your review, I visualized (hope that´s a word) every scene in my head you described. Very well done, you always succeed in making me excited again about R/Hr ;)

Awww yall are making me blush! :) Thanks Rose- yes the love for R/Hr just gets stronger when watching them over and over again...I really feel that we will get our promo time and focus on our #1 ship come movie close time :) Right now we are kind of in a tiny lull at the moment but that will cease soon!! :)

I didn't think the torture scene at MM would bother me but after watching the movie again, it did. It was much less exciting than the book. The book, man, I didn't know what was going to happen, I was scared for everyone at that moment. I wanted to hear Ron calling for Hermione and Harry struggling to concentrate to find a way out. It didn't pump my blood like I wanted. And what really bothered me is how nobody was restrained!!! The trio just walked up to the gates then taken down to an open cell that looked hardly-protected. And don't get me started on Pettigrew...

but anyway, I wanted more. But can't complain on what we did get. My fav RHR has to be when Ron touched Hermione's cheek at the cafe. Something about it... so sweet, tender, and nothing has to be said. It was a simple act of love. :yesyes:

^ I Agree. they could have made that and MANY other scenes better if they followed the canon but really theres no point complaining about how the movies are made.

Can't change it anyway, and we also have to remember that this is a family movie and also a novel-writing and film-making are two different medias and has to be done different. Thats what I always say to myself to not go :angry:, :rolleye: or :sob: for these changes. They do this with all novels that are being made into books.

I just glad that they let Ron be the one who took care of Hermione! :excited:

I know what yall are saying but if it one thing I have learned it is that books/movies are completely different-I dont mean just HP books-although the HP movies have for the most part been pretty true to the books (imo). Take a look at Twilight (my friends have seen/read them- not me in a bagillion years would I go near them LOL), My Sister's Keeper....anyway the movies cant unfortunately turn an 800 page book into a movie-although would have LOVED it ;) I could have sat thru 6 hours of Potter in a heartbeat!!!! ;)

As for the torture, I thought it was MUCH worse than in the book. Yes there was no crucio shown and we didnt watch Hermione being tortured forever or got to hear Ron scream for her. IMO I thought them not having Ron scream was showing his fear and panic and didnt know what to do. The LOOK on Ron's face spoke volumes when he was dragged away from her, growling at Pettigrew to let her go, and his "like hell" moment. If you look very closely in fact, Ron ignored Harry trying to grab at him and he burst onto the scene-Ron didnt worry about what would happen to himself at that moment. All that mattered to him was getting to Hermione, whether he died or not, he was going to save Hermione. This to me was the most heroic I ever have seen Ron since the chess sacrifice scene in SS/PS. This Ron in DH showed people why he is Hermione's hero and why she loves him so much and Ron's love for Hermione- "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends" (quote from bible)....that is exactly what Ron was willing to do for Hermione. That actually brings tears to my eyes knowing that Ron did this for her, but lived (thank goodness!!!!).

As for Hermione, I thought her torture in the movie was so much more vicious and cruel than the book.(Btw MEGA props to Emma and Helena in this scene). In the movie, this was a young girl who was being held down by a crazy psycho-really she was pinned down and unable to move. Her screaming in Hermione's face and Hermione practically begging her to get off her because she didnt know anything and then for Bellatrix to carve into Hermione like an animal (very reminscent of Hitler's Nazi's branding into the Jewish people numbers for the concentration camp to "tag" them). Hermione's screams of pain to this day make me cry. Tbh I thought this torture was too realistic, than the books. Not to mention, you see Bellatrix enjoying it as she laughs while doing it. Also, the look on Hermione's face while she is lying there, not knowing if she will live to see Ron again-she really did look like she was half-conscious at that moment (her eyes were just glazed over). For me, I thought this torture was more "muggle" than "wizard" which made it that much worse. In the audience for the theaters I was in, you would either people not make a sound or hear people going tsk awww when watching Hermione's face as she looks down at mudblood (who knows if that scar would be for life).

Trixie- YES RON TAKING CARE OF HER- was the BEST!!!!!! :)

cbmac, your last couple of posts have been ALL WIN. Thank you for always seeing the positives in the movies and raising all our enthusiasm :)

I too actually thought the movie torture was more horrific than in the book, possibly because we don't actually 'see' much of it in the book. We know Harry and Ron can hear her screaming but the way she is tortured is left up to our imaginations, so my mindset at least was more with H/R trying to save Hermione than what was actually happening to her, if that makes sense.

Yall have been so awesome and sweet for enjoying my posts- I am on spring break now and have more time for longer analyses ;) Thanks DW for your comment :)

Yes totally agreew with ya!! We are left to our imaginations in the book of the torture-that is why I couldnt have imagined this torture being worse than what we got-in fact for me it was alot worse than what I was expecting. SOO didnt see the mudblood moment coming at all. THAT was a huge SHOCK. Again for me it was the "realistic" torture than the magical torture that shocked me. Also, Bellatrix using a muggle weapon (the knife) on Hermione's throat was very ironic-Hermione being muggle and almost killed the muggle way. Ugh hate Bellatrix!!!! (But love HBC LOL).

What a great breakdown of all the R/Hr scenes in DH1. Thank you so much, you rock, girl. :ohyeah:

I think I'll have to fetch out the manual for the DVD-player of the tv-set, whichever, and look for this zoom in function. LoL

I would like to say some words to H/G. It's really tragic, but movie-wise, this pairing is a catastrophy. I know some people didn't like how the couple was developed in the book either - and I'm not solely talking about H/Hr-ers - I personally did like the H/G romance, even if it doesn't come remotely close to how much I adore R/Hr.

Ginny was more present in the books and I think that helped later when Harry developed feelings for her. In the movies, she was barely to be seen. A couple of blink and you miss it moments, and that was that. I think they mainly dropped the ball in OOTP. We do see a couple of scenes in which Ginny is shown to be somewhat jealous of Cho, but the two most important scenes for H/G have been cut. Twice in the book, it was Ginny who helped Harry in situations when he was depressed or stressed. I.E. it is Ginny, not Ron or Hermione, who Harry confides in that he desperately wants to talk to Sirius. It's also Ginny who can get Harry back to his senses when he fears that he's possessed by Voldemort after he had "seen" the Snake-attack on Arthur. Both scenes that illustrate a deep connection, IMO. But they've been cut and then suddenly in HBP Harry is shown to have the hots for her. And, to add insult to injury, they are not even shown as an official true couple. I mean, in the book, they were together after all. Nothing of that in the movie. Then in DH1 we get her asking him to zip up her dress, a lifeless kiss and nothing after that. I had wished they would have at least shown Harry spotting her dot on the Marauder's Map. But zilch.

Fortunately, we R/Hr shippers get much more. I'm not happy with everything the movies gave us or rather cut, but in general, the romance is done very well. Well enough for Ron and Hermione to earn themselves the title of "movie romance of the year 2010" in this one online poll. And they aren't even an official couple yet. Wonder how many polls R/Hr will rule after THE KISS. :D

What a great breakdown of all the R/Hr scenes in DH1. Thank you so much, you rock, girl. :ohyeah:

I think I'll have to fetch out the manual for the DVD-player of the tv-set, whichever, and look for this zoom in function. LoL

I would like to say some words to H/G. It's really tragic, but movie-wise, this pairing is a catastrophy. I know some people didn't like how the couple was developed in the book either - and I'm not solely talking about H/Hr-ers - I personally did like the H/G romance, even if it doesn't come remotely close to how much I adore R/Hr.

Ginny was more present in the books and I think that helped later when Harry developed feelings for her. In the movies, she was barely to be seen. A couple of blink and you miss it moments, and that was that. I think they mainly dropped the ball in OOTP. We do see a couple of scenes in which Ginny is shown to be somewhat jealous of Cho, but the two most important scenes for H/G have been cut. Twice in the book, it was Ginny who helped Harry in situations when he was depressed or stressed. I.E. it is Ginny, not Ron or Hermione, who Harry confides in that he desperately wants to talk to Sirius. It's also Ginny who can get Harry back to his senses when he fears that he's possessed by Voldemort after he had "seen" the Snake-attack on Arthur. Both scenes that illustrate a deep connection, IMO. But they've been cut and then suddenly in HBP Harry is shown to have the hots for her. And, to add insult to injury, they are not even shown as an official true couple. I mean, in the book, they were together after all. Nothing of that in the movie. Then in DH1 we get her asking him to zip up her dress, a lifeless kiss and nothing after that. I had wished they would have at least shown Harry spotting her dot on the Marauder's Map. But zilch.

Fortunately, we R/Hr shippers get much more. I'm not happy with everything the movies gave us or rather cut, but in general, the romance is done very well. Well enough for Ron and Hermione to earn themselves the title of "movie romance of the year 2010" in this one online poll. And they aren't even an official couple yet. Wonder how many polls R/Hr will rule after THE KISS. :D

LOL Thanks for the props :) Yes find that manual!! Worth it ;) As to what ya said about H/G-wow you are SPOT on...agree with you about the movie romance aspect-I dont know maybe they did it because they knew R/E chemistry was alot hotter (which yes I am biased but even my friends who are not shippers were all about R/Hr romance in the last movie and thought R/E together were hot)...I dont know the reason why they cut H/G romance-tbh the chemistry I see between H/G D/B is not there. Was it the actors' fault? Of course not-you can't fake chemistry and they were not able to pull it off. I still love Dan and Bonnie but not together as H/G. I have to admit I will/am finding it hard to believe that H/G end up together after these last 2 movies which is sad. I mean the zipping of the dress was so awkward and if meant to be a hot moment between the 2 was fail. R/Hr in 7 Potters with Hermione removing Ron's glasses was SO hot. So yeah SOOOO thankful and grateful we got the romance of the year 2010 for our couple-but again I completely attribute that to R/E's chemistry with each other-way to go... As for what they will be named after being officially a couple-they will be named COUPLE OF THE DECADE!!!

Luciana: I KNOW FOR REAL!!!!! I was like REALLY Harry? WHY!!!! LOL...but it is cute to see the trio hug...good thing he was sent away for the kiss ;)

Speaking of which-saw a pic of the lead up to the KISSSSS and this was my reaction: :lostit::excited::drool::ohyeah: I cant find a "thud" icon LOL

Edited by cbmac12

LOL Thanks for the props :) Yes find that manual!! Worth it ;) As to what ya said about H/G-wow you are SPOT on...agree with you about the movie romance aspect-I dont know maybe they did it because they knew R/E chemistry was alot hotter (which yes I am biased but even my friends who are not shippers were all about R/Hr romance in the last movie and thought R/E together were hot)...I dont know the reason why they cut H/G romance-tbh the chemistry I see between H/G D/B is not there. Was it the actors' fault? Of course not-you can't fake chemistry and they were not able to pull it off. I still love Dan and Bonnie but not together as H/G. I have to admit I will/am finding it hard to believe that H/G end up together after these last 2 movies which is sad. I mean the zipping of the dress was so awkward and if meant to be a hot moment between the 2 was fail. R/Hr in 7 Potters with Hermione removing Ron's glasses was SO hot. So yeah SOOOO thankful and grateful we got the romance of the year 2010 for our couple-but again I completely attribute that to R/E's chemistry with each other-way to go... As for what they will be named after being officially a couple-they will be named COUPLE OF THE DECADE!!!

Luciana: I KNOW FOR REAL!!!!! I was like REALLY Harry? WHY!!!! LOL...but it is cute to see the trio hug...good thing he was sent away for the kiss ;)

Speaking of which-saw a pic of the lead up to the KISSSSS and this was my reaction: :lostit::excited::drool::ohyeah: I cant find a "thud" icon LOL

Where did you see it???? :0_0: Post the link!!!!!!!!!!

I loved your review cbmac12--I think my favorite R/H part was "tiny ball of light"--that was really cute. I think Harry's comment

to Ron about just keep telling her about the "tiny ball of light" was very funny. I also loved Harry portraying Fleur, "Look away

Bill, I look hideous!! LOL!! that cracked me up!! :rofl: I think Harry supplied all the comedy relief in this movie!!

Where did you see it???? :0_0: Post the link!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! It's blurry-well not as blurry as the one we saw the last time (Heyman's office)...ya still want it? You can CLEARLY tell it is R/E even if it is blurry LOL... let me know!

Soulsister-agree-Harry was def comedy relief in this LOL-nice for a change not to have Ron be it-although R/Hr moments-their comedy teaming was classic-when Ron returns, Hermione pummels him, and then looks for her wand LOL!!! Ron and his "voting" POOR BABY LOL Hermione was not going to let him win LOL...best "Twilight" vs. "Midnight" No matter how many times I see that I crack up-R/E chemistry with the comedy is gold to watch as R/Hr ;)

Oh yes, Hermione's torture was brilliantly done in the movie. Really, fantastic props to Emma and Helena on that. Hermione's screams brought tears to my eyes. But I still have to be meh about Ron in that scene. I should go back and watch it to see if his was better than I thought. But I did just watch it a few days ago and I wanted more. Hm..

Edited by Stan'sMommy

For me I loved panicky Ron, not knowing what to do, was like he wasn't even paying attention to anyone else except to Hermione's screams...also his "let her go" and "like hell" THAT WAS HERO Ron. I am no way saying he was not heroic when he was screaming for her in the book, it's just I preferred BA Ron-like when he is basically dragging the DE with him and is trying to get to Hermione as he is yelling at them "DONT TOUCH HER" and then punch to the gut :( Anyway Happy Easter yall in case I dont see yall til later! THAT TRAILER SHOULD BE HAPPENING SOON!!! ;)

LOL!! It's blurry-well not as blurry as the one we saw the last time (Heyman's office)...ya still want it? You can CLEARLY tell it is R/E even if it is blurry LOL... let me know!

Soulsister-agree-Harry was def comedy relief in this LOL-nice for a change not to have Ron be it-although R/Hr moments-their comedy teaming was classic-when Ron returns, Hermione pummels him, and then looks for her wand LOL!!! Ron and his "voting" POOR BABY LOL Hermione was not going to let him win LOL...best "Twilight" vs. "Midnight" No matter how many times I see that I crack up-R/E chemistry with the comedy is gold to watch as R/Hr ;)

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course!! :yesyes:

hey! im R/Eal love. i love R/Hr. they are so adorable and loving.

For me I loved panicky Ron, not knowing what to do, was like he wasn't even paying attention to anyone else except to Hermione's screams...also his "let her go" and "like hell" THAT WAS HERO Ron. I am no way saying he was not heroic when he was screaming for her in the book, it's just I preferred BA Ron-like when he is basically dragging the DE with him and is trying to get to Hermione as he is yelling at them "DONT TOUCH HER" and then punch to the gut :( Anyway Happy Easter yall in case I dont see yall til later! THAT TRAILER SHOULD BE HAPPENING SOON!!! ;)

i completely agree. i loved it when he said " like hell." i was a little tiny bit disappointed when he didn't scream her name but overall the scene was perfect. Also in the movie his face sells it. in the book you can't really see his face but in the movie it was so obvious is malfoy manor how scared he was for her.

Hey! You were able to fix your screename which btw is AWESOME ;)

AGREE- Ron's face for me sold it in MM-this was BA Ron-in control Ron yet scared to death...would I have liked the screaming her name? Of course because it was in the book, but again I thought that this version was just perfect. Ron running to her, Harry trying to stop him (I LOVE THIS!!! He tried to grab his leg and Ron was too fast because all he wanted to do was to get to Hermione!!)...he was willing to take on all the DE's himself. I even think for a moment Ron forgot Harry was even there because of his desperation to get to Hermione! LOVE RON!!!! :) SO where are we at now? About 2 1/2 months away from the KISSSSSSSSSSS :ohyeah::drool:

Hey! You were able to fix your screename which btw is AWESOME ;)

AGREE- Ron's face for me sold it in MM-this was BA Ron-in control Ron yet scared to death...would I have liked the screaming her name? Of course because it was in the book, but again I thought that this version was just perfect. Ron running to her, Harry trying to stop him (I LOVE THIS!!! He tried to grab his leg and Ron was too fast because all he wanted to do was to get to Hermione!!)...he was willing to take on all the DE's himself. I even think for a moment Ron forgot Harry was even there because of his desperation to get to Hermione! LOVE RON!!!! :) SO where are we at now? About 2 1/2 months away from the KISSSSSSSSSSS :ohyeah::drool:

i agree. malfoy manor might have been by favorite scene in part 1. when they kiss in part 2 i wouldn't be surprised if i get kicked out of the theater for squealing too much.

OOPS... sorry Luciana!! :) Here is the link-dont want to spoil it in case ;) Mind ya blurry but better than before-you can see it ;)--the aftermath that is LOL I think the actual kiss will be locked up til movie time hehe

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1004/dsc03621q.jpg

Thank you!!!! :) I hope we get the HD version soon!!!!!!! I think May will be a great month for us!!!

LOL!!!Luciana you're welcome! :) I know MAY WILL BE OUR MONTH I FEEL-so will JUNE AND JULY ;) hehe...

R/Eal Love: LOL!!!!! My friend already told me that she will be gagging me when the kiss happens ;) I will honestly be cheering my head off..."so, what if she looked over here and saw you snogging me, would you expect her to get up and leave" (Hermione-HBP) No Hermione, we will be cheering our throats raw!!!!! :ohyeah: