The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

I saw DH2 again yesterday, and did anybody notice when H/R/Hr are running through the courtyard,

and Grayback is on top of Lavender--it's Hermione that makes a sound like ick or eww and zaps Grayback

off of Lavender's body. I think I'll be noticing more and more things everytime I see the movie.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sobs* That video was so touching. And I too got so sentimental. *sigh* It is truly one of the greatest love stories, isn't it? In literature and in the movies. :blush:

This!!! :ohyeah: Ron and Hermione will always be my favourite movie couple, their love story is unique and unrepeatable.

I saw DH2 again yesterday, and did anybody notice when H/R/Hr are running through the courtyard,

and Grayback is on top of Lavender--it's Hermione that makes a sound like ick or eww and zaps Grayback

off of Lavender's body. I think I'll be noticing more and more things everytime I see the movie.

*sobs* That video was so touching. And I too got so sentimental. *sigh* It is truly one of the greatest love stories, isn't it? In literature and in the movies. :blush:

This!!! :ohyeah: Ron and Hermione will always be my favourite movie couple, their love story is unique and unrepeatable.

I ADORE that video!

Hey Soul Sister :) Hermione yells NO!!! Then blasts him out of the window, killing him! :whaa: I was like that when I realized Hermione had killed one of the bad guys-she was not in the wrong either after what that beast did to her classmate-still couldnt believe that :( I hate Lavender but now I feel sorrow.

The video made me cry-to piggy back on what Luciana said and galadriel-one of the greatest love stories hands down-and honestly we have Rupert/Emma to thank for this-if they didnt have the sexiest chemistry, it would have been fail. But since they did, ALL WIN ;) JKR THANK YOU TOO!!! R/HR!!!!! ;)

Hermione-IS IN LOVE WITH YOUR SIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yall I get more excited and grinning like mad when I re-watch that HOT kiss-that was a PG13 kiss????? I hate to see what would have been rated if they would have zoomed in on their heads ;) hehe...

YES DW-ADORE THAT VID TOO!!! I think it is my fav now!!!! ;)

Hey, I was thinking, but I don't remember: which song is played during the kissing scene? I thought it could be "Ron's speech", but I'm not sure.

Hey, I was thinking, but I don't remember: which song is played during the kissing scene? I thought it could be "Ron's speech", but I'm not sure.

It was a bit of Ron's speech Lucana!!!! GOOOD CATCH!!!!!!! ;) Alas not on the soundtrack grrrrr...

It was a bit of Ron's speech Lucana!!!! GOOOD CATCH!!!!!!! ;) Alas not on the soundtrack grrrrr...

I knew it!!!! :) I always thought that "Ron's speech" was their song.

Because WB sucks...their promotion of HP in general was horrible over the years and their promotion of R/Hr was a joke-they could have had GOLD w. these promotions...well at least in my EW magazine-they showed the movie chart for earnings and #1 they said Potter with what else-a pic of Ron holding onto his Hermione in the rubble ;) That same pic is also on buses in the UK!!!!!! ;) SEE they know who to show ;)

Btw looking at that pic-look how their foreheads touch, legs touch sigh all love!!!

See yall next week!! I am heading out of town for a few days! Keep the R/Hr fires burning ;) hehe

We will keep it burning, Kristen. :D

And you're right. I don't understand and never will why the WB were so STUPID not to milk Ron and Hermione for promotion. All over the years, or at least after it was clear they would be a couple. Which was basically, after HBP (the book) was released. They could have "exploited" them for the "sex sells" angle. But they were so busy trying to push a relationship that was never gonna end in a romantic one *coughHHRcough* they overlooked the obvious. I don't like Twilight at all, and it's in no way comparable to HP anyqay, since it's a romance novel, and HP isn't. But they surely knew how to market their "hot stuff".

^ fiebWIUGVHW;AEKL Fan-BLOODY-tastic! :D Gah I feel all loved up. :D

That poster is awsome! I see that on the side of busses everywhere. :D Also the kiss picture on busses too. :D

^ fiebWIUGVHW;AEKL Fan-BLOODY-tastic! :D Gah I feel all loved up. :D

That poster is awsome! I see that on the side of busses everywhere. :DAlso the kiss picture on busses too. :D

What kiss picture???? :0_0: Could you take a pic of it?? Why only some people can see those pictures? It's unfair!!!

I love that poster!!! Would have been nice if it was released. :/ Ah well... it's still nice to look at :)

@ Hermione: I think the song is RHR.Ron going around playing with Hermione's heart. Going out with Lavender. Sort of fecking things up even though they both want to be together. :)

Edited by Stan'sMommy

Guys, I've missed you! i havent posted since i went to the premiere in London!

glad you guys liked the movie, i have to admit i was really mad the first time i saw it coz i felt they changed a lot of stuff and it was unneccesary but hey, thats WB for ya lol.

the kisss, i was very excited but somehow disappointed, but you could tell there was passion, yates just chose a REALLY bad angle. lol

Well...... I was VERY satisfied with the final movie. I happen to nitpick these things, and I believe you all know that pretty well by now. So I'll cut through the crab apples first and let you all yell and throw things at me before talking about what I liked. The thing that kind of enervated me most throughout the series was the way in which the Harry/Ginny relationship was butchered IMO... yeah... perhaps that's a bit strong a word for it, and yet it was my biggest disapointment of the series along with the decision to largely ignore the House Elves... I can hardly believe Hermione would have allowed such a thing. LoL... I'm starting a S.P.E.W. for the HP movie house elves. Back to Harry and Ginny though, the kiss was out right lame and Bonnie's acting looked more stiff and uncomfortable than ever in the final film. That said, I believe Dan did a wonderful job... I wonder if Bonnie being in a serious relationship with another HP actor might have effected those intimate scenes she was supposed to share with Harry even more. I hope it's not unfair to suggest that... but I'd almost rather provide her an excuse than just outright call her a poor actress. It's hard for me to say this of Bonnie, because I think she's a lovely person in RL... but Dan deserved a better Ginny acting alongside him. I will always wish they did more to really show that Ron and NOT Hermione was Harry's best friend as well... but I kind of came to terms with the way that was going to be after POA and GOF. Those were definitely my biggest gripes. I would have liked to have seen Hagrid a bit more in the final film... I think they did a good job of including the Life and Times of Albus Dumbledore in part one of Deathly Hallows but really dropped the ball in not explaining more of the whole Grindewald/Dumbldore relationship. Aberforth seemed to be kind of crude and very unsympathetic in the final movie... his story comes off much better in the book. I feel that the reconciliation of Harry's feelings towards Dumbledore was glossed over too in the finally. It also would have been a nice nod to the old films/books to have seen Buckbeak (Witherwings) and Grawp in the final battle. There were other little things that tugged at me a bit... and I do understand that it's impossible to be entirely faithful to the books, so I'll stop my moaning here.

Okay, now to the things I loved about the movie. First and foremost I thought it was a great action movie. The fight scenes kept me interested and held my attention, everything from the escape from Gringotts to the Final Battle was quite well done in that sense. I thought Matthew Lewis' portrayl of Neville throughout, and most particularly in this movie was spot on. I was well pleased too with Dan, Rupert and Emma in the final movie. It's amazing to imagine what Dan achieved throughout all of this, having to take on easily the biggest character in modern fiction, and doing so very admirably through his childhood and into his young adult life. It was a major undertaking for all involved and I'm delighted that the major players outside of Dumbledore were able to remain for the entire series. That continuity lends a great deal of legitimacy to the series as a whole and the final movie. My hat really goes off esp. to all the young actors/actresses that had so much heaped upon them, always managing to remain grounded despite their celebrity.

I had to laugh at the little line about always wanting to perform that spell, from Professor Mcgonagall when she animated the Hogwarts suits of armour and statues. My second favorite chapter in the books after the Silver Doe (which I was a bit disapointed in the movie adaptation) was the Prince's Tale. I was however, EXTREMELY pleased and moved by this part of the movie. I had to hold back tears when Snape was killed by Nagini and it came to the point where I could no longer hold them back during the Prince's Tale itself. Yeah, I pretty much cried like a baby. Thank G-d for the 3-D glasses I was wearing and the fact that, that portion of the movie was so well done, because the water was literally streaking down my cheeks. I was so happy they included the awesome line from Molly when she kills off Bellatrix, that definitely made me smile. I felt like they kind of downplayed the deaths of Lupin/Tonks/Fred a little bit... but I was okay with that.

I thought the kiss was great and so much better than any of the H/G kisses. I have to admit that the timing seemed a bit contrived and the camera angle left a little to be desired, but it seemed to really have passion and meaning and all the pent up angst that Ron/Hermione had felt in it, and for that I was grateful. It definitely was the moment that got the biggest reaction in the theatre too. I went during the middle of the day actually with a relatively small crowd but there was a lot of applause and emotion from the audience after the kiss! :ohyeah: My best friend who watched the final movie with me, knows my crazy addiction to R/Hr and he even gave me a fist pump after the kiss which I had to laugh at, but secretly appreciated.

I also really had mixed emotions both positive and negative to the scene in the woods with Harry's family and loved ones before he went to die. I thought that it was a beautiful and moving moment, and it also made me tear up. I thought the connection between Harry his mother and her sacrifice was so beautifully captured in that scene. I regret that just prior to Harry's getting killed by Voldemort they did not show him think of Ginny. I desperately wanted that to be part of the movie, although I can't say I was surprised by it's ommission. I know the book never had Dobby in the scene when Harry talks to his mom, dad, Sirius and Lupin/Tonks but I had always kind of wished JKR had included Dobby there and with changes having been made throughout the series, I wouldn't have minded seeing Dobby in that scene after all he did for Harry and all Harry felt for him.

Well that's my review of the movie in a nutshell I think. I know this probably isn't the right thread for it... but I wanted all the people I most shared this experience with in the last year plus with to read and hear. Hopefully I didn't offend too many... as I truly did enjoy the final film and I can easily say it was my favorite of the series.

AAAAAHHHHHHH..... I'm gonna SOOOO miss you Harry Potter! :sob: :3m_sie:

What kiss picture???? :0_0: Could you take a pic of it?? Why only some people can see those pictures? It's unfair!!!

You don't get posters on the side of busses. I'll take a picture next time I see one, but I'm not going out until Saturday. :)

^GORGEOUS Picture! :D