13 replies to this topic

#1 Neve

Neve

Energetic member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

Anybody here who likes Gossip Girl? It's the TV show I hate to love. Literally. I'm addicted to it, even though most lines make me cringe and I spend a good deal of my time rolling my eyes when I watch it. I can't explain it. It's my guilty pleasure.
Posted Image

#2 Invisible Katy

Invisible Katy

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

Yes, I'll watch it with one of my girl friends haha. I think the show is ridiculous, but I still get caught up in the plot. This season is kinda "meh" for me, I think the first 2 seasons were better. But yes, I suppose it's my guilty pleasure also. :P

Plus the guys are nice to look at....

#3 Neve

Neve

Energetic member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

Yes, the first season was definitely the best. Probably because it was still relatable on some level. Now it's just full-on jet set lives and silly plots and so-called "conspiracies". I still like it though. I'm oddly fascinated by the character of Serena, who is probably the girl on TV with the least willpower when it comes to men. She has major Daddy issues. I used to like Dan and Vanessa, who were normal characters, but I hated the fact that the writers made them have a threesome (!) with Hilary Duff (!) during season 3. You could tell they just wanted to shock the audience and get good ratings for that week and they didn't care at all that none of these characters was even remotely likely to engage in something like this.
Oh well. At least we can enjoy the fashion :P
Posted Image

#4 pourlove

pourlove

• Wind
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Anybody here who likes Gossip Girl? It's the TV show I hate to love. Literally. I'm addicted to it, even though most lines make me cringe and I spend a good deal of my time rolling my eyes when I watch it. I can't explain it. It's my guilty pleasure.

Same here lol
Specially when Serena does the same mistake again and when the guys guys get so influenced with the so called villians of the show.
I hate Juliet
I used to like Jenny but now I cant stand her
The fact that makes me cringe is that they all had slept/or will sleep with each other or everybody lol

#5 Neve

Neve

Energetic member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

Same here lol
Specially when Serena does the same mistake again and when the guys guys get so influenced with the so called villians of the show.
I hate Juliet
I used to like Jenny but now I cant stand her
The fact that makes me cringe is that they all had slept/or will sleep with each other or everybody lol

I agree with you!

Serena - how many men has she dated/slept with? And she's not even 20 yet! That girl has major Daddy issues.
Jenny - it's the same storyline every season. Good Jenny is influenced by mean girls and turns into Bad Jenny, but then Brooklyn Dad makes her realise that deep down she's Good Jenny. Don't they think viewers can tell it's the fourth time they're filming the same story? BO-RING. Oh and I don't care how grunge she thinks she is, but Taylor whatever needs to put pants on.
Everybody sleeping with everybody. It's so ridiculous. In no normal group of friends would people all sleep with each other and swap boyfriend/girlfriend every three months with people keeping on interacting, let alone being friends. I cringed when Blair said to Jenny that "Serena and Nate were legend". Or when Serena told Nate "me too" when he told her he had been waiting for years to be with her, when in the previous episode she was having an affair with his cousin!

God, that show is ridiculous, but I love it.

Please help!
Posted Image

#6 Unreal

Unreal

Energetic member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Mood::Peace ☮
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Finale of the season this monday! I absolutely love this show! .. Can't believe taylor momsen and Jessica Szohr arent coming back for the fifth season :(

our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

follow me

#7 Neve

Neve

Energetic member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Finale of the season this monday! I absolutely love this show! .. Can't believe taylor momsen and Jessica Szohr arent coming back for the fifth season :(

If I can be honest, with respect to Taylor Momsen, good riddance... I despise this girl.
Posted Image

#8 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

I love this show It is one of those shows that some people hate because it is annoying but iti s very Addicting at the same time <3

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#9 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

lol i love it, watching season 4 at the moment, im a little slow, but i love it.

I will possess your heart.

#10 halleluJah

halleluJah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Mood::sublime
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

^^also watching season 4. haha I agree with everyone that this show is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous, but I can't stop! I love the clothes Blair wears :excited:
Serena kinda annoys me though. The acting also makes me cringe sometimes haha
Help! I'm stuck on a rock floating through space

#11 Rena

Rena

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:28 AM

i used to watch it but i got tired of it because they would literally show like 5 minutes of it then show a 20 minute commercial and i hated waiting...also it seemed like they would always be on season break or something

wait i knew taylor wasnt coming back but why not jessica?
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

#12 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

i read the other day that noone of the cast really wants to come back,they all got rid of the show.

I will possess your heart.

#13 Rena

Rena

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

i read the other day that noone of the cast really wants to come back,they all got rid of the show.

if its true there probably tired of the show
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

#14 J@nd@

J@nd@

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

Gossip Girl is great , even Emma Watson loves it , I watch it all the time ...
A proud fan of Taylor Swift . My motto is '' Never give up on something you believe in '' . Bullies are losers. Praying calms me down .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users