The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Anybody here who likes Gossip Girl? It's the TV show I hate to love. Literally. I'm addicted to it, even though most lines make me cringe and I spend a good deal of my time rolling my eyes when I watch it. I can't explain it. It's my guilty pleasure.

Yes, I'll watch it with one of my girl friends haha. I think the show is ridiculous, but I still get caught up in the plot. This season is kinda "meh" for me, I think the first 2 seasons were better. But yes, I suppose it's my guilty pleasure also. :P

Plus the guys are nice to look at....

Yes, the first season was definitely the best. Probably because it was still relatable on some level. Now it's just full-on jet set lives and silly plots and so-called "conspiracies". I still like it though. I'm oddly fascinated by the character of Serena, who is probably the girl on TV with the least willpower when it comes to men. She has major Daddy issues. I used to like Dan and Vanessa, who were normal characters, but I hated the fact that the writers made them have a threesome (!) with Hilary Duff (!) during season 3. You could tell they just wanted to shock the audience and get good ratings for that week and they didn't care at all that none of these characters was even remotely likely to engage in something like this.

Oh well. At least we can enjoy the fashion :P

Anybody here who likes Gossip Girl? It's the TV show I hate to love. Literally. I'm addicted to it, even though most lines make me cringe and I spend a good deal of my time rolling my eyes when I watch it. I can't explain it. It's my guilty pleasure.

Same here lol

Specially when Serena does the same mistake again and when the guys guys get so influenced with the so called villians of the show.

I hate Juliet

I used to like Jenny but now I cant stand her

The fact that makes me cringe is that they all had slept/or will sleep with each other or everybody lol

• 1 month later...

Same here lol

Specially when Serena does the same mistake again and when the guys guys get so influenced with the so called villians of the show.

I hate Juliet

I used to like Jenny but now I cant stand her

The fact that makes me cringe is that they all had slept/or will sleep with each other or everybody lol

I agree with you!

Serena - how many men has she dated/slept with? And she's not even 20 yet! That girl has major Daddy issues.

Jenny - it's the same storyline every season. Good Jenny is influenced by mean girls and turns into Bad Jenny, but then Brooklyn Dad makes her realise that deep down she's Good Jenny. Don't they think viewers can tell it's the fourth time they're filming the same story? BO-RING. Oh and I don't care how grunge she thinks she is, but Taylor whatever needs to put pants on.

Everybody sleeping with everybody. It's so ridiculous. In no normal group of friends would people all sleep with each other and swap boyfriend/girlfriend every three months with people keeping on interacting, let alone being friends. I cringed when Blair said to Jenny that "Serena and Nate were legend". Or when Serena told Nate "me too" when he told her he had been waiting for years to be with her, when in the previous episode she was having an affair with his cousin!

God, that show is ridiculous, but I love it.

Please help!

• 4 months later...

Finale of the season this monday! I absolutely love this show! .. Can't believe taylor momsen and Jessica Szohr arent coming back for the fifth season :(

Finale of the season this monday! I absolutely love this show! .. Can't believe taylor momsen and Jessica Szohr arent coming back for the fifth season :(

If I can be honest, with respect to Taylor Momsen, good riddance... I despise this girl.

^^also watching season 4. haha I agree with everyone that this show is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous, but I can't stop! I love the clothes Blair wears :excited:

Serena kinda annoys me though. The acting also makes me cringe sometimes haha

• 3 weeks later...

i used to watch it but i got tired of it because they would literally show like 5 minutes of it then show a 20 minute commercial and i hated waiting...also it seemed like they would always be on season break or something

wait i knew taylor wasnt coming back but why not jessica?