The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Is it just me or does this seem like it's gonna be a great movie. Anyone else excited for it? I hope they work the Johnny Cash song from the trailer into the movie. I really like the Coen brothers. No Country was awesome. Loved O Brother Where Art Thou as well as Fargo. I even liked The Hudsucker Proxy which most didn't like. And Raising Arizona is a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUiCu-zuAgM

Hmmm....could it be that the presence of that girl keeps everyone from having that great final shootout where ppl die messily&mercilessly? I couldn`t see any sign of it in the trailer, and I definitely love those scenes, like in Open Range.

But maybe I`m wrong and it`s there...

:blink:

Edited by 130671

Hmmm....could it be that the presence of that girl keeps everyone from having that great final shootout where ppl die messily&mercilessly? I couldn`t see any sign of it in the trailer, and I definitely love those scenes, like in Open Range.

But maybe I`m wrong and it`s there...

:blink:

It's probably there. As this one is supposed to be more true to the book than the John Wayne version. As I recall (but it's been a few years) they didn't show the big shootout scene in the trailers of Open Range. You don't want to give something like that away in the trailer, you just want to give a taste and tease.

Good call on Open Range though. One of the best shootout scenes ever. Love Charley's line in Open Range: "Men are gonna get killed here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill 'em. "

Yeah...

And I also loved the final of Pale Rider....and what Eastwood said prior to the great dying in Unforgiven: "Wer zum Sterben noch keine Lust hat, verschwindet jetzt..." Don`t know what the line is in the original, should be something like "Anyone who don`t want to die yet, get the hell outta here....":mad::D

Edited by 130671

Yeah that translations sounds about right. I also love Will Munny's line at the end: "All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

And I also love the part where Little Bill beats the livin' snot out of English Bob and he says "I guess you think I'm kicking you Bob! " That always makes me laugh, don't know why, just does.

Looks okay ... But nowhere near as "wow" as The Fighter, Black Swan & Tron Legacy, to me; three remainers of 2010 I MUST see.

The Cohen Brothers are good, but I DO NOT understand all the hype that was linked with No Country and its 8 AA wins or something. (Close your eyes/ears) one of the worst movies I've seen in my life (seriously, the ending?), where the only majestic thing was Bardem's performance (Chirgurh).