The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

Hi everyone!!! I´m new here but I've been reading your comments for a while. I will try my best to express myself properly in English. :blush: In fact, when I hear or read English (which I do every day): Great, I understand very well! :yesyes: But when I have to speak or write properly: jfhjdgsfdgsfgsdfjgj, I mess up, for sure! :rolleye0012: Well, but from what I've felt about the members of this forum, I'm sure I'll be well received. Am I right? :rolleyes:

Like you, I'm also a real Ron and Hermione shipper and I always thought there was a very strong chemistry between Rupert and Emma. But from HBP premiere and interviews, I began to notice that there was something stronger than a simple chemistry. There was (and still is!) a flame between them, a flame that, in my point of view, has not increased more because they have not yet taken the next step. Yes, unlike some of you, I think they are not (or were) together: They have not yet taken the next step as I sad. Why? Insecurity, fear, shame, uncertainty ... Only them know why, but my theory is:

In the case of Rupert is more than obvious that he likes her some time ago (not to mention years ...).If I had to guess who's had the biggest crush on Emma: ​​Rupert or Daniel? I would answer without doubt: Rupert, of course! Isn't it obvious! The proof?! Thousands of videos and photos are the best and most obvious evidence of the strong feelings he has for her! By the way, that video where the twins Phelps appear with Rupert: OMG I feel like his walls are coming down... :wub: Rupert, you were caught! And I love how he tries to escape from his own trap... :D

As for Emma ... Uhumm ... She is harder to read, more discreet, maybe more uncertain as well. Perhaps that is why I think they have not given the next step: because of her feelings! When I analyze videos and photos, there is no doubt that she feels attracted to him. I also think that this happened especially after the kiss. And then there's this video that whenever I see it I think: I have no doubt that yes, she also has strong feelings for him!

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XazUYL9Ka9M :wub:

But than: WTF :( She is dating with Jonhny or not?!!! What were those strange and "without fire" kisses and hugs with him?! :unsure:

And than again, I read this comment of her saying: Rupert has the nicest nature of anyone I have ever met. So down-to-earth. So solid. He’s my rock. He´s my rock! He is my rock!!! He is your rock Emma! So, what are you waiting for!!!

And it's all for today ... ;)

Why is my image does not appear next to my name? Help! :sob:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Flamemist--welcome aboard. I've been to Portugal, and really enjoyed it. Loved the Praca de Comerico especially at night along the river.

Well, now onto R/E--oh, they're in love alright. You can see it in their every glance and move. Several of us shippers, are not going to

be bothered with any romances they might have along the way, as we know they grew up together, and have all those memories (from over

1/2 their lives). I think that trumps all. So forget about Johnny--and just focus on R/E's love, which is very real. I love that

video too. :rolleyes:

Speaking of his shirts, other than 'Always and Forever' he wore the shirt 'I'm With You'. If you've seen 'American Talk 2' with that guy from MTV (and Rupert, Tom, and Matt), Rupert is wearing the 'I'm With You' shirt. I think because this was during DH2 promos, he was sending a message to his Harry Potter family and fans.

I don't know when Perks is going to be released but I have a feeling Rupert would do something Emma related with his wardrobe. I mean he has to, especially since this is her first real big film outside of Potter.

Hi everyone again! Thanks for the welcome!

"Hi Flamemist--welcome aboard. I've been to Portugal, and really enjoyed it. Loved the Praca de Comerico especially at night along the river.

Well, now onto R/E--oh, they're in love alright. You can see it in their every glance and move. Several of us shippers, are not going to

be bothered with any romances they might have along the way, as we know they grew up together, and have all those memories (from over

1/2 their lives). I think that trumps all. So forget about Johnny--and just focus on R/E's love, which is very real. I love that

video too."

Thank you very much Soulsister for your kind words, I do too love my country. I'm glad you enjoyed getting to know Portugal, and yes the Praça do Comércio is unique and carries a lot of History of my country. Next week I'm going on holiday to Açores (São Miguel Island), which were considered by National Geographic as the second best islands in the world (the first place was delivered to some islands in the Netherlands)! I am very anxious... Well but that's enough about my country. It seems like I'm doing tourism promotion ... :blush:

Talking about the important theme that unites us - Rupert and Emma. Well I also think that they´re in love already like you sad, but I don´t feel that they are together yet as a couple. I feel that Emma is afraid of spoiling the strong bond of friendship they have. But I also think it's still deeper than that, I feel she's afraid that the relationship will not work out if they start dating. Do you understand me?

In the case of Rupert, I think he is very insecure, like Ron. I think he is not sure that Emma is attracted to him, much less that has strong feelings for him. Then he tries to hide his feelings. If I had to compare the stage of their relationship to one of the Harry Potter books, I put them in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".

So I think we, loyal and crazy shippers, have to wait a little longer. That's my point of view, sincerely. The only fear I have is that they have not seen so regularly ... :sob:

Finally, I found this picture of them with Daniel and Bonnie too. It is so cute see that even then Rupert has always wanted Emma so close! And Emma seems to appreciate it! :wub:

Ummmm I dunno..this pic just screams THE UNIVERSE.

Notice the "older woman guardians" watching them and giving them protection/privacy. <_<

Also, notice HOW Emma is hugging Rupert, with her arms tightly and securely locked around

him--she just seems to fall into him. :yesyes:

Hey Guys im back!!!!!! Ive been trying to keep an eye on this johnny thing! I kinda believe they are together i mean i dont think emma wud fake a kiss would she in public esp? it did look like an awful kiss though jeez i was like on no watching it! She kissed him at the MTV awards too didnt she! After everything that happened over premiere time and everything...so sad :( i dont think it will last though i mean how can it and esp with the chemistry her and Rupes have this guy doesnt stand a chance i just hope her and Rupert can get it together...and fast! Im beginning to think Rupes is shy...and scared i mean hes all over the place in interviews he remembers he doesnt..TT suggested this was because maybe he doesnt wanna give away he likes her and he feels he would if he gave details....i duno what to think...i know cbmac will hit me back and win me over again ha ha

Welcome to all the new shippers :)

Tick Tock did the clock stop?

Edited by Lollipop

Hey Guys im back!!!!!! Ive been trying to keep an eye on this johnny thing! I kinda believe they are together i mean i dont think emma wud fake a kiss would she in public esp? it did look like an awful kiss though jeez i was like on no watching it! She kissed him at the MTV awards too didnt she! After everything that happened over premiere time and everything...so sad :( i dont think it will last though i mean how can it and esp with the chemistry her and Rupes have this guy doesnt stand a chance i just hope her and Rupert can get it together...and fast! Im beginning to think Rupes is shy...and scared i mean hes all over the place in interviews he remembers he doesnt..TT suggested this was because maybe he doesnt wanna give away he likes her and he feels he would if he gave details....i duno what to think...i know cbmac will hit me back and win me over again ha ha

Welcome to all the new shippers :)

Tick Tock did the clock stop?

I thnk they're both scared. I mentioned in a previous post that I think maybe Emma finding out about Georgia made her more open to something with Johnny (tabloids reported on Rupert and Georgia in April and Emma started filming Perks in May) - like Johnny's Cormac, except she did it more for a distraction and he's someone she likes. But Georgia and Johnny are beside the point - even if they both were with R&E during the premieres, R&E still had amazing chemistry and showed true love for another. I mean Rupert f*n said I LOVE YOU on live television for millions and Emma couldn't get enough of touching him. Rupert going back and forth on the kiss in interviews is him trying to be a gentleman (even though he finally admitted that Emma is a good kisser). Even though it's just a kiss, 'rating' a lady is not what gentlemen do. And I'm sure he was thinking about Georgia, who he knows people compare to Emma.

As for who's more scared, I think maybe Rupert is a little more scared. I'm sure over the past 4 years, he's picked up on Emma's looks at him, touches, etc. but because she had a boyfriend at the time, I'm sure he just brushed it off to her being just an affectionate, caring person. Then when she was single, she went on about the kiss being weird, awkward, and he just continued on the brother/sister thing. And now that HP's officially over, and they need each other more (to quote Emma) they probably don't want to risk anything that will ruin their friendship....at least not yet....But as they spend more time together outside of set or HP promotion, I think they'll appreciate each other more and slowly start to see each other in another light.

I truly believe they parallel Ron and Hermione except the clock started ticking in 2007 after 7 years of knowing each other (and when I started shipping them). And since I've been shipping them for 4 years, perhaps in 3 years (of course hopefully sooner) when they're 24 and 27, they'll be each other's last (and forever). 7 is a significant number for them.

I don't think the clock stopped...it just was turned back for Daylight Savings.

Tick Tock, Rupes is Emma's Rock!

I thnk they're both scared. I mentioned in a previous post that I think maybe Emma finding out about Georgia made her more open to something with Johnny (tabloids reported on Rupert and Georgia in April and Emma started filming Perks in May) - like Johnny's Cormac, except she did it more for a distraction and he's someone she likes. But Georgia and Johnny are beside the point - even if they both were with R&E during the premieres, R&E still had amazing chemistry and showed true love for another. I mean Rupert f*n said I LOVE YOU on live television for millions and Emma couldn't get enough of touching him. Rupert going back and forth on the kiss in interviews is him trying to be a gentleman (even though he finally admitted that Emma is a good kisser). Even though it's just a kiss, 'rating' a lady is not what gentlemen do. And I'm sure he was thinking about Georgia, who he knows people compare to Emma.

As for who's more scared, I think maybe Rupert is a little more scared. I'm sure over the past 4 years, he's picked up on Emma's looks at him, touches, etc. but because she had a boyfriend at the time, I'm sure he just brushed it off to her being just an affectionate, caring person. Then when she was single, she went on about the kiss being weird, awkward, and he just continued on the brother/sister thing. And now that HP's officially over, and they need each other more (to quote Emma) they probably don't want to risk anything that will ruin their friendship....at least not yet....But as they spend more time together outside of set or HP promotion, I think they'll appreciate each other more and slowly start to see each other in another light.

I truly believe they parallel Ron and Hermione except the clock started ticking in 2007 after 7 years of knowing each other (and when I started shipping them). And since I've been shipping them for 4 years, perhaps in 3 years (of course hopefully sooner) when they're 24 and 27, they'll be each other's last (and forever). 7 is a significant number for them.

I agree with their relationship being similar to their characters... There has been a few instances where i have thought this throughout. I think Rupert is more confident and outgoing in public now and i think it puts them closer to dh time frame, they are more openly affectionate with one another in public. I however do not want this to be perceived as i believe they are ron and hermione and thats why i ship them in real life. Lolly the clock has not stopped i dont think its the end for them by any means. Now in the next few months i think we will see them spend more and more time together. We will see them out and about and that then we can see how they are without the hp hype, its truly over for them now so we will be able to tell. Im sure there will be light shed on the georgia and johnny relationships or lack thereof whatever the case may be. I will say that if these relationships were serious they wudnt be hiding them at least for this length of time. Its not a proper relationship otherwise. So the clock still ticks for me...

Tick tock the clock doesnt stop

I agree with their relationship being similar to their characters... There has been a few instances where i have thought this throughout. I think Rupert is more confident and outgoing in public now and i think it puts them closer to dh time frame, they are more openly affectionate with one another in public. I however do not want this to be perceived as i believe they are ron and hermione and thats why i ship them in real life. Lolly the clock has not stopped i dont think its the end for them by any means. Now in the next few months i think we will see them spend more and more time together. We will see them out and about and that then we can see how they are without the hp hype, its truly over for them now so we will be able to tell. Im sure there will be light shed on the georgia and johnny relationships or lack thereof whatever the case may be. I will say that if these relationships were serious they wudnt be hiding them at least for this length of time. Its not a proper relationship otherwise. So the clock still ticks for me...

I agree. I started shipping R/Hr from the end of CoS when Hermione did NOT hug Ron (I watched movies first before reading books), but I didn't see anything between R/E until promos for OotP. I don't see Emma wanting a long distance relationship, especially at 21 and with all the work and opportunities that have come now that HP is over. I don't know how many American boys she's dated, but to me Johnny is/was an experiment (especially if he had a rep of being a party/bad boy). Even though Rupert waited till HP was over to have a serious relationship, I don't see him wanting to marry the first real girlfriend he has you know, especially since she's 19. I don't know much about Georgia either, but I just have a feeling that deep down Rupert's friendship with Emma (not to mention people comparing her to Emma) is an issue for her and even if she's fine with it now, I don't see it being okay forever. And I don't think Rupert would cut off his friendship with Emma for anyone.

SAME here TT-I have NEVER shipped them because of R/Hr...in fact I only started shipping R/Hr during OOTP and didnt start shipping R/E til HBP time...no the clock has not stopped... ;) Dont yall find it funny that the way everything transpired was a lil too I dont know like set up in a way/contrived? I mean come on yall LA is the BEACON for paps-are you telling me that they only caught Emma and Johnny that ONE time in the 3 weeks she was there? Please...LOL...also didnt anyone else find it interesting that Rupert and Tom were always hanging but Tom would tweet that info, quite a bit too? LOL As for Georgia, where has there even been proof of this girl and Rupert? Even if they are together, Rupert wouldnt be hiding this for as long as he had. Getting back to Emma, we know Emma likes her privacy so why would she chance being seen in public like that? It was almost like they were trying to convince the media that they are together (failed convincing us LOL). Also, if Emma was with Johnny but I am sorry wouldnt you stay alot longer to be with your boyfriend? Especially knowing that you have at least 2 more months off before you start schooling again? Yall I am telling ya right now something aint right and I mean in favor of us shippers too. Mark my words, something will be happening over the next few weeks.

Back to shipping R/E ;) I dont see them ever giving up their bond/friendship over a bf/gf of theirs. They were there from the beginning with each other, a very special bond and love (both friendship and soulmate wise). YES the ship DOES continue on shippers :)

Were you talking about the picture that I posted, Luciana? Really? :lostit: I'd swear it was real! What a shame, I found it so cute. :unsure:

Rupert&emmagrint you made me feel more hopeful! I agree 100% with your words!

Tick tock, I've always loved your positive side while reading your comments. And always felt funny when you write "Tick Tock" in the end of your comments. Yeah, you're right: Tick tock the clock doesnt stop! It can stop! It won't stop!!!! :D

Speaking of his shirts, other than 'Always and Forever' he wore the shirt 'I'm With You'. If you've seen 'American Talk 2' with that guy from MTV (and Rupert, Tom, and Matt), Rupert is wearing the 'I'm With You' shirt. I think because this was during DH2 promos, he was sending a message to his Harry Potter family and fans.

I don't know when Perks is going to be released but I have a feeling Rupert would do something Emma related with his wardrobe. I mean he has to, especially since this is her first real big film outside of Potter.

Yea, I love his t-shirts. He's a real "All Occasion" guy. I liked the t-shirt he wore for Dan--his HTSIBWRT, the nite he saw him on broadway.

Wonder if he has a Chi-Town tee?

Yea, Rupes will have a good tee for Perks alright!! <_<

Were you talking about the picture that I posted, Luciana? Really? :lostit: I'd swear it was real! What a shame, I found it so cute. :unsure:

Rupert&emmagrint you made me feel more hopeful! I agree 100% with your words!

Tick tock, I've always loved your positive side while reading your comments. And always felt funny when you write "Tick Tock" in the end of your comments. Yeah, you're right: Tick tock the clock doesnt stop! It can stop! It won't stop!!!! :D

Thank you FlameMist and welcome to the crazy world of ship.. the tick tock signifies the waiting for them to get it together ha ha I think most people are very positive and realistic here so we get a good all round perspective. I cant wait to see the t-shirts over the next while what secret messages will he try and divulge lol. Im hoping Emma will go to his bday bash alone and we get some nice photos and more evidence lol. Hopefully we are close to them finally getting over whatever is holding them back and realising they are perfect fit...well imo they are the perfect fit anyways. They complement each other like no other two could and that chemistry is electric something i believe has been lacking in Emmas previous relationships she always looks so happy around Rupert and he always seems more together and confident around her...

Tick Tock it will never stop :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

i still think they are scared to be with each other and afraid it won't work i don't care what they say.

Ummmmm...ok, why would they be scared?? It's like your right hand going with your left. Cream/Sugar, Salt/Pepper etc etc..

I don't think they're going to have any trouble with the spazoid paps (I don't think they've ever cracked a HP book open).

Everybody is used to seeing them together all these years at the premieres, that actually, it will be too boring for them.

The paps only like sensationalism, or they don't get paid. R/E getting engaged/married will only sell papers "announcing" it,

with photos, and then they'll be back to following Lindsay Lohan. :icontwisted8pz:

Rupes is "safe", and as I've said before, knows how to "fly below the radar".

This pic is just the way they feel with the media/fans with their reveal. It almost looks like they're "old souls", trying to have

a 19th century relationship, in a 21st century world. :yesyes:

Source: andinthemeantimeconsultabook

I think maybe the scared here means afraid to reveal how they feel to one another.... Its a big thing to tell someone how you feel about them let alone someone you have grown up with and consider a very close friend. You could lose all that in minutes if they dont feel the same. We can argue if they were a true friend they wudnt let anything get in the way of that friendship but thats a very black and white theory and life is never black and white. In saying all this i do believe they both know how the other feels if its obvious to us surely its obvious to them i mean they have known each other over ten years now. They must feel it! Its clear as day how they both feel. I have said their relationship is similar to ron and hermiones, fear of rejection played a part there so it obv plays a part here to, the most important thing is they will get there in the end they cant ignore their feelings forever and as ive seen it they have been growing and growing over the last while. I bet we will hear something soon

Tick tock fear cant stop the clock!

Edited by Tick tock

A belated hello to feathersbend and FlameMist! :lol:

As if it isn't evidence enough to see all the wonderful comments and insights here that the ship is still alive and well, we still have more shippers coming out and making thier voices heard! yay! :ohyeah:

I'm sure it's been mentioned here a hundred times :doh: but when is Rupert's birthday? I'm just wondering what farm animal he gets this year. Maybe he buys a cow? (*winks at TT) :P

Well. I'm trying to stay quiet like our couple. But maybe I need to do some more Tick Oink Tock Clucking! :ohyeah: