The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!!! I'm alive!! Lol 

yeah, I miss Emma and Rupert together. It has been ages since we saw them together, but I hope they will reunite again soon.

Hey Trixie, Luciana, DW---glad you're all back on board. We've been sailing through some quiet waters lately, but I'm sure

we'll be seeing a BIG SPLASH coming in a few months. ;)

Who's my brown-eyed -clever-magical-beautiful woman???? :kiss:

Guys!!! :) You are all back!! I have missed yall so much! I know I miss R/E so much too...Dee there is a current pic of Rupert (looking MAJOR HOT) wearing another question mark shirt ;) It was for a photoshoot in February this year...I believe the quiet waters for them will become smooth waves for our fav couple ;-) SOON....hehe...

Hey Trixie, Luciana, DW---glad you're all back on board. We've been sailing through some quiet waters lately, but I'm sure

we'll be seeing a BIG SPLASH coming in a few months. ;)

Who's my brown-eyed -clever-magical-beautiful woman???? :kiss:

Is this a new one of him? I haven't seen it. Yep yum he looks hot and that smile. Yeah theres that ?-mark again so Whats up with that Rupe?

Soon.. ..

I'm also glad to see you guys back here !!! :)

TRIXIE!!! :) yes we are all back ;)

I will say this, I am noticing people are making manips of them together again lately-funny because its been 2 years almost since Potter premiere...we fight for this ship HARD ;) ;)

:o  I have been doing my best Rupert and Emma impersonation lately. >.<  :ph34r: <---- Incognito face

Of course we're all still here pfft!  I mean I can't swim all that well, so what other choice do I have but to stay aboard the ship?

I mean... I can float pretty well but why do all that work?  Kristin is Captain, Dee, Luciana, Courtney, Katharine and Trixie navigate the rough seas and swab the decks.  I'm just along for the ride.  This is THE GOOD LIFE!  Just waiting for Rupes and Emms to come out with the big R/Eveal is all I have to do.  :yesyes:

Personally, I think Rupes and Emma may be waiting for an ivatation to announce... ummm... things... :rolleye0012: soooooo... anytime you want Rupert and Emma just come on by and share the news.  Until then we'll all behave.... :puh: if we have to.

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead

Jon!!!! I love how you gave us titles ;) heck yeah, NO ONE gets off this beautiful ship ;)

We are staying put-gorgeous scenery :);)

Pat, I voted!!! Really want to see Rupert's show get picked up!!! I am sure so does his Emma ;)

Pat, this love will neveh go away teehee...GRINTSON!!!! Even their relationship name is perfect ;)

I know we've discussed this before, but I THINK it was on the old forum... so I thought it might be nice if everyone could share their stories here (again for many).

How was it that you first came to ship Rupert and Emma?

For me I kind of stumbled into the ship when I joined the former ew.net.  I started reading the books after all of them had been written, but the Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows had yet to come out in the theaters.  I joined because while reading the books I had become a serious Ron and Hermione shipper.  Having surfed the internet and finding like-minded shippers (I didn't even know what the term shipping meant at the time) here I decided to join the forum after reading it for about 3 months .I ignored the Rupert and Emma thread for about a month before out of curiosity I decided to check it out. There were a number of links posted to videos of Rupert and Emma in the Rupert and Emma shipping portion of the forum.    I didn't have any preconceived notions about them, but in watching the videos of their interactions off screen (albeit, those videos were edited to those moments) it became obvious to me that there was a chemistry between them.  So I didn't jump into the ship feet first but I kind of eased into it slowly.  The combination of the things they said in the media and the ways in which they acted around eachother in the video we had of them convinced me over time.  I think too that part of it had to do with my fellow shippers.  If they had been obnoxious or stalkerish I think it would have turned me off.  The fact that the people here and at the old forum were always very respectful of Rupert and Emma's privacy (as individuals) really helped me warm to the ship.  It also helped that both Rupert and Emma seem like good people, who come from good families.  I liked that neither of them seemed to get too caught up in their celebrity.  It makes them some how relateable despite the fact that they are famous millionaires.  The rest is history I suppose.  Until one or the other or both of them settle in a relationship with a ring then I will be part of the ship.  Of course, if that ring is shared, all the better! :) 

I stumbled across the EW.net forum in 2005 whilst looking up something about Emma Watson. Prior to then, I was a big fan of the books and, to a lesser extent, the films, but had never come across any online fandom. So it was mainly the Harry Potter sections that lured me here first, before a while later I found the shipping forum. I'd never heard of shipping before, but I certainly enjoyed the Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny relationships in the book, so began to contribute to those threads. At first the idea of real-life shipping didn't appeal to me - characters are one thing, but it seemed to me weird and disrespectful to promote an opinion on the love lives of two real people. However, on closer inspection, I found most of the shippers here not like that at all - they were just a bunch of people having fun admiring the positive aspects of the relationships they could see between their favourite cast members. I love the HP cast, and I enjoyed watching their interaction together - especially the trio. And the more I saw of Rupert and Emma, the more I came to see of their interaction, the more I began to enjoy their chemistry together and think that from what I know of them, they might be romantically suited and/or be romantically attracted to one another. I may be wrong, I may be right, but either way I admire their friendship and enjoy sharing it with like-minded people. :)

Well, real life shipping didn't appeal to me at all  when I first heard about it.And to be honest I think its their private life.

At that time it was like a HUGE war between Hermione and Ron V Harry fans and It was crazy at times and "Harmonians" shipped Dan and Emma too and they seemed to started to hate Ron and even Rupert. I didn't get into these wars at all. But always thought Rupert was the better actor and Ron was my favorite in the books as well. I just couldn't believe how you could ship the ACTORS. Even if it does happen that actors get together in real life I just thought that it wasn't a big deal at all and that I had nothing to with it. But just as you wrote before; R/E fans respects both Rupert and Emma and their private lives. And is respectful about the shipping as well

I started shipping Rupert and Emma after just watching them together, I don't know when I started see it. But it was "there" both in the movies and offset. they have this chemisty that I haven't really seen between actors or even thought about  and I still say this: Whatever that happens between these two that they both at least DID had feelings for each other at some point. And nothing other than that the both of them coming out and say that they 100% gay or something like that will change my mind!

I wont go as far as say as I think that something happend between or that they actually will get togetheter in real life but I think they would make a good couple I think they are a rare match. :wub:!!

And I like their friendship too.

So thats why I ship them. 

Edited by trixie

ROFL...I LOVE MY R/E shippers!!!! ;)

Jon, awesome topic...

Hmmm, well I came to the forums late...I started to ship R/Hr in OOTP-never looked at R/E but saw R/Hr... tbh I always thought like many of you-shipping RL people just wrong.

But I remember seeing HFW ceremony with R/E-she and Rupert were just standing so close to each other then he hugged her, I was like are they dating? It wasnt like the hug was sexual or anything, it was just a hug-but it was this hug that spoke volumes. Then I started searching websites and found this one with R/E thread.

I believe time will only tell with them :) I believe in fate/destiny-they are/always meant to be with each other. Again, nothing to do with R/Hr either...ITA with Trixie that they are a rare couple. They have this attraction and love for each other that only grew as they got older. I think they have needed this time away to realize how much they truly mean to each other-absence makes the heart grow fonder afterall.

I go with Emma's tweet a few days ago "Patience is a virtue. Patience and faith." ;-)

So my question: why do you want to see R/E end up together :)

Mine: They make each other laugh. They make each other smile-smile like no one else can or does. They believe in each other and respect each other. They tease each other (the way my brother and his wife do). In a word, they complete each other :)

Hmmm... why do I want to see Rupert and Emma together?

Mostly I suppose it comes down to it seeming to me that it seems that they may want to be together.  As long as people's desires are well intended in life and they share a desire to be together then that is what I hope for for them.  So many times people let obstacles get in the way of love, which can be both a simple and complicated thing at the same time. I think that many times we have a way of making things harder than they have to be.  I guess the other key would be what you pointed to Kristin, as far as respecting one another.  A love that lasts comes from two people who can respect eachother, because no two people agree upon everything.  The ability to appreciate differences of opinion and compromise when neccessary is important.  I've heard the saying that love is compromise.  I've also heard the reverse, people saying love shouldn't have to compromise.  Like anything in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle.  You don't compromise all the time, there has to be a good level of full agreement upon things, but when those differences do arise, the ability to meet somewhere in or near the middle is important.  I don't know Rupert or Emma well enough to know if that exists between them or not when it comes to things they might differ on. It DOES seem like they have a great deal in common though, and that is where I would really point to the things you mentioned Kristin.  The both like to make eachother laugh, they both seem to enjoy art and have artistic natures, they would appear to have at least some level of physical attraction, they are both smart, both capable of working hard, neither are afraid to have their own fashion sense and be their own person.  Seperately those things don't neccessarily make two people work together, as they can be vague descriptions, but when you put a lot of them together, the chances of a shared romantic interest increase.   

Could my perceptions be wrong?  Well if they were it wouldn't be the first time.  I've been right on a few things too though.  In the case of Rupert and Emma, if what I perceive is correct then I hope that any obstacles that may exist will not discourage one or both of them from pursuing a meaningful relationship.  Sure it is easier to be closer to something to see it.  Of course sometimes you can be soooo close that it becomes blurred too.  Just because like Galileo, I am far away, it doesn't mean that what I perceive through my telescope (Rupert and Emma revolving around eachother and not other people) is not correct.

(oh, and for those of you who are worried I might be stalkerish... I'm not looking at Emma or Rupert through a telescope, it was just a weak attempt at an analogy) >.<

Um, I'm a real skeptical, the discussion rolled around and I was more leaning on Ron and Hermione. I heard a lot about them, but until I had seen the National Movie Awards 2007, I was skeptical (mainly because of the whole thing around D/E and the press). From there, I had to search. In the end, I saw that it made sense and it was not like this type of promotion D/E (For me D/E smells money. Sorry who really believe or want this, but I just saw a lucrative interest from the press (the press believe that a girl like her, want highlights guys, they could not be more wrong).

Edited by LumosAsphodel39

Jon, you have been promoted with that post ;)

Lumos- I agree-the press kept trying to push the whole D/E angle and they couldnt have been more wrong...

R/E could easily have let it look like what the press wanted in D/E but ignored it...I honestly believe Rupert/Emma looks out for each other...do yall notice how defensive Emma got when one interviewer said "you do a believable job showing a girl like you would be in love with a guy like that"...even though she was smiling, you notice her BL turned as if to say screw you and then said "Rupert's gorgeous and kept repeating it over. Another time was recent-Jonathan Ross show in October for Perks-showed what the trio looks like now and he showed a pic of a red headed woman saying it was Rupert. Emma was not at all amused again-BL but didnt say anything just her BL was all like peeved-which I was too.

My first realization that R/E were "interested" in each other came while watching COS. Yes, I think their looks, when Hermoine enters the Great Hall

after being petrified, and the look on Ron's face was just priceless. They really didn't know anything about acting at that time, but Ron er Rupes look

on his face was ----"this girl will be my wife someday".

I like several others never shipped anyone before, but was led to this site from a link on Leaky Cauldron, about 2 yrs ago. I was reading what others

had said, and after looking @ the Regis/Kelly YouTube videos and countless other interviews they did over the years, I was thinking these two were

meant for each other.

There's too many coincidences:the first two to be hired for HP; same interests in painting, antiques, Nutella, pigs, chickens, and various farm animals. :P

What I love are the "knowing looks" they give each other. They look content and comfortable with each other, and when apart,

they look bored and or lost. It's like a part of them is missing. I've got to say, I've never seen two people that like Kris said, "Complete each other".

As for the privacy bit, I'm glad they're keeping it under wraps.  Rupert probably figures his parents don't walk down the street smooching, so why should he and Emma?

I think they miss their days @ Leavesden, (even that's open to the public now), so they have to go to other places.

I think after she graduates, they will announce their engagement. I think with Emma being 23 and Rupert turning 25 this year, that they are ready to

take the plunge and get married.  That's when our ship will see a BIG SPLASH!!! :happydance: and will become the LOVE BOAT. :kiss:

It has been soooo long!! I guess this thread is one of the few places where I can always come back, no matter how far and long I've been  away. :king:

Have no idea, but the way their relationship was built seemed so real to me. And yes, it's in fact real, very. RE are the only ones (so far) who could give me such a feeling as if I was fresh in love myself, when I first saw them as a couple (that means believe in their feelings for each other). That great and special emotion lasted more than one day. MAGIC!

There are things in life you do not want, things you want and things you truly want. It is just each person's choice to live with which ones. So, FOREVER RE :kiss:

OMG yall!!! I love seeing our "crew" back!!!! :)

Dee, I have NOTHING to add to what ya said... ;) the capn will actually stay quiet and let you speak :) EVERYTHING you said I agree with too. Yes the LOVE BOAT teehee makes me smile and giggle happily....I still say time...they will reveal when ready...

Gigi!!! What up!! LOL...again couldnt agree more-it is magic-ironically it is magic ;)

FOREVER GRINTSON...WOHOOOOOO....